Facebook Twitter MySpace YouTube

Forum Search   Advanced Search
August 01, 2014, 04:22:47 PM
Welcome, Guest.
Please login above or register.
News: OIAM!

Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 506

Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 621943 times)
steve
Rep: 45

Ignore
« Reply #11580 on: March 29, 2012, 10:16:46 AM »

Steve, I think you should kill your girlfriend.

eh, i shouldn't have had it in my pack anyways. i look at as a reminder to stay on my toes. but, fuck her.
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal
Rep: 814

« Reply #11581 on: March 29, 2012, 10:22:09 AM »

frank- dude, you got off SUPER easy.  What state?  Remember dude- bare essentials.  Unless there's a dog, that steering wheel is the safest place ever.  Not only that, you can access it in seconds and without making it look super obvious.

Wink

Hate is the cool uncle of the Slap Forums. Just takin care of everyone just cause he wants to....never asks for anything in return.

I appreciate that, man.  It's good to pass on lessons learned.
floop
SLAP Pal
Rep: 63
the things I do for my fucking friends!

Ignore
« Reply #11582 on: March 29, 2012, 11:08:14 AM »

kickin it with an ex. life was relaxing when we didn't talk. she's the only woman i've ever cursed or yelled at in an angry way. She moved back from the west coast and we've been hanging out again. she's the most miserable douche i've ever known. i try to be cool and listen to her shit, like a good friend, even though i know i shouldn't. She goes into OT to make me pissed. she projects misery and anxiety. we do work together so i can't say "fuck you" and never speak again. fuck, i hate it.

Can you request to not have to interact with her?  I'd be concerned that her bullshit would end up making me hate going to work.

It's a situation that I have made more complicated than it should be. When she came back she had no job/money, so I offered to pay her to do some shit for me, out of her home. The problem now is that because she had no cash, I fronted her the whole payment, $300, and I'm so far removed from the process that I can't say "fuck you" and complete it myself. I've got to stick it out for this final month. I can't stand this bitch.

Just bottle everything up then when you don't need her help anymore unload in a Fuck You of epic proportions. I did this to my ex when I was forced to be around her for a while. Letting all that go was the most amazing feeling. Probably better than hate fucking her...probably.

I'm gonna disagree here.  My ex-wife cheated on me, got pregnant AND took everything out of our house except my clothes and record collection.  My only request after all this was that she pay for the whole divorce and she couldn't even afford that.  My initial reaction was to flip the fuck out on her, but fortunately, I had some friends talk me out of it.  I basically turned our relationship into a cordial business like one until the day the divorce was finalized and then I cut all strings.  She tried to get a hold of me for a few things and didn't get any response whatsoever.   She ended up being driven crazy because she didn't know what was going on.  People can't handle not knowing what is going on.  In the end it was so much easier to just not say anything and to sever any tie.  I ended up hearing that she ended up sending an email to all of our mutual friends simply asking them to not be mean if they ever saw her.  She said she didn't expect anyone to remain friends with her and that didn't want any trouble.  She and the dude who knocked her up ended up getting matching diamond tattoos on their temple and then they broke up.  I have a number of friends in the KC area who tattoo and I heard he was pretty much blacklisted by them from working at shops in KC.  The moral of the story is that I ended up better off by doing less.

that's epic
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal

« Reply #11583 on: March 29, 2012, 11:13:25 AM »

Here's another bit of advice- floop's highlighting of my old post made me think of something.

People knock tattooed girls all the time, saying they're crazy bitches etc.

That's only 50% true.  I know plenty of women who are extensively tattooed and totally normal, cool girls.  But be very wary of the girls who go and knock out a chest piece and some sleeves in a year.  That's a decent indicator of being a little wacky.
jay
Rep: -80

Ignore
« Reply #11584 on: March 29, 2012, 11:39:16 AM »

It's been my experience that girls who are really close with their mom, like to the point where their mom is their best friend, end up being crazy for some reason.
steve

Ignore
« Reply #11585 on: March 29, 2012, 12:01:09 PM »

Here's another bit of advice- floop's highlighting of my old post made me think of something.

That's only 50% true.  I know plenty of women who are extensively tattooed and totally normal, cool girls.  But be very wary of the girls who go and knock out a chest piece and some sleeves in a year.  That's a decent indicator of being a little wacky.

dude, i've got work done to the point where it's sometimes hard to say anything to anyone about tattoos, but i totally hear you on this one. like 1 in 10 girls can pull off a chest piece. Also, you've got to think about how much dick they have sucked to get that work done so quickly. Unless they're trading some raw rock they're slinging some raw cunt. 
sleepypancakes
SLAP Pal
Rep: 124

Ignore
« Reply #11586 on: March 29, 2012, 01:01:53 PM »

eh, i shouldn't have had it in my pack anyways. i look at as a reminder to stay on my toes. butt fuck her.
soooooo? did you?
steve

Ignore
« Reply #11587 on: March 29, 2012, 01:52:27 PM »

eh, i shouldn't have had it in my pack anyways. i look at as a reminder to stay on my toes. butt fuck her.
soooooo? did you?

one time. she squealed like a pig.
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal

« Reply #11588 on: March 29, 2012, 02:02:15 PM »

dude, i've got work done to the point where it's sometimes hard to say anything to anyone about tattoos, but i totally hear you on this one. like 1 in 10 girls can pull off a chest piece. Also, you've got to think about how much dick they have sucked to get that work done so quickly. Unless they're trading some raw rock they're slinging some raw cunt. 

FLAWLESS VICTORY
steve

Ignore
« Reply #11589 on: March 29, 2012, 03:51:48 PM »

FLAWLESS VICTORY
you know it's true too, man!

On a similar note, HATE, how do you get your work done? to get work done by an artist that i don't know i have no problem paying top dollar, but i've got a couple good friends who work on me free of charge or for a green trade. It's nice because without friends I would have far more white skin. hah
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal

« Reply #11590 on: March 29, 2012, 04:04:21 PM »

FLAWLESS VICTORY

On a similar note, HATE, how do you get your work done? to get work done by an artist that i don't know i have no problem paying top dollar, but i've got a couple good friends who work on me free of charge or for a green trade. It's nice because without friends I would have far more white skin. hah

I have three friends who are pretty talented artists.  I've traded art for tattoos, right now my wife is trading physical training, but I pay as well.  I am lucky to have a creative circle of friends.
steve

Ignore
« Reply #11591 on: March 29, 2012, 04:10:23 PM »

FLAWLESS VICTORY

I have three friends who are pretty talented artists.  I've traded art for tattoos, right now my wife is trading physical training, but I pay as well.  I am lucky to have a creative circle of friends.

that's cool, man. My friend Roscoe did a lot of work on me when he was an apprentice. for what it is, it was good, but it's really not so hot. 8 years later he's gotten far better and he redoes most of the old work and actually calls me up to start new pieces too. Last time i was in I asked what he wanted and he said "damn, man, you've been here since day one, don't worry about it." eh, it's pretty cool
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal

« Reply #11592 on: March 29, 2012, 04:16:20 PM »

Yes, I have had the homie tattoo just because I was one of his first clients.  Dude is a BEAST now also. 

Peep this zombie

And this Wizard of Oz work in progress

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #11593 on: March 29, 2012, 06:36:56 PM »

So I ordered a board from Theories a while ago, and the post office fucked up and didnt deliver it to my house when it should have, a week ago. so I go to the post office this morning and find it, I set up the Magenta board, and it breaks after one flatground 360 flip. I usually land on the nose from those, but they never break. I'm not even heavy, just about 140. that board was a big waste of money.
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal

« Reply #11594 on: March 29, 2012, 07:22:35 PM »

I'm skating a Magenta now and it's excellent.  I know Randozzi liked his too.  There are defects from time to time.
hydrant hopper
Rep: 6

Ignore
« Reply #11595 on: March 29, 2012, 07:34:37 PM »

My Magenta board is one of the best boards I have had in a while
ivegotlevitation

« Reply #11596 on: March 29, 2012, 07:39:42 PM »

I'm skating a Magenta now and it's excellent.  I know Randozzi liked his too.  There are defects from time to time.

I just don't expect defects from Generator wood. thats why I'm so bummed. They press DLX boards, right? I've never had a problem from those.
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal

« Reply #11597 on: March 30, 2012, 04:41:10 AM »

I just don't expect defects from Generator wood. thats why I'm so bummed. They press DLX boards, right? I've never had a problem from those.

I think they press their decks.  Not 100%.

I totally understand you're bummed, but I'm just saying nothing is perfect.  I hope that doesn't sound condescending.  I am just a huge fan of this deck.  Best shape and concave I've skated in a long time.
ivegotlevitation

« Reply #11598 on: March 30, 2012, 06:57:14 AM »

I'm skating a Magenta now and it's excellent.?  I know Randozzi liked his too.?  There are defects from time to time.

I think they press their decks.?  Not 100%.

I totally understand you're bummed, but I'm just saying nothing is perfect.?  I hope that doesn't sound condescending.?  I am just a huge fan of this deck.?  Best shape and concave I've skated in a long time.

Yeah, I know nothing's perfect. I just never expect issues from that woodshop, after having so many other good products made by them over the years. The board felt great though! the shape was nice and the concave felt good. I was emailing Josh Stewart about it and he offered to send me another one for cost of shipping. He seemed to understand that I was unhappy with it.  I appreciate that a lot.
happenstance
SLAP Pal
Rep: 241

Ignore
« Reply #11599 on: March 30, 2012, 09:45:44 PM »

I have never been fully stood up before. I had a girl tell me to meet her at a bar. I waited an hour and she never showed. What the fuck.

Edit: Seriously though, why the fuck? Why not just say no or give me an excuse. Why not text me and say they aren't coming? Women are fucking cruel sometimes.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 09:54:06 PM by happenstance » Logged
GISM
Rep: 25
pariah

Ignore
« Reply #11600 on: March 31, 2012, 02:51:53 AM »

I am delirious from being sick for weeks with a cold and now a sinus infection, oversleeping/lack of sleep, too much expired cough syrup, probably a fever, and not eating.
I have been confused for days. I tried to make heat some canned soup today and somehow managed to ruin it.
Archers of Chaka
Rep: -9

Ignore
« Reply #11601 on: March 31, 2012, 03:53:44 AM »

Left my phone in this chicks car, and she just left town and wont be back til the end of the weekend. Normally I wouldn't care, but earlier I was texting a friend about how she can be a bitch sometimes and how she can be stuck up, and I didn't delete the texts. I'm hoping she isn't all nosy and goes through my texts and read what I wrote. Also I'm worried my friend might text me back with more shit talk towards her, which would just get him into more trouble. Hopefully she just leaves my phone alone until she gets back.
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal

« Reply #11602 on: March 31, 2012, 05:18:03 AM »

I have never been fully stood up before. I had a girl tell me to meet her at a bar. I waited an hour and she never showed. What the fuck.

Edit: Seriously though, why the fuck? Why not just say no or give me an excuse. Why not text me and say they aren't coming? Women are fucking cruel sometimes.

Sorry to hear that dude.  That feeling is pretty rotten, I had that happen once as well.  Now you know she wasn't worth it.

Maybe this will make you laugh.  When I read your first sentence I read it as, "I have never fully stood up before."  I had a real "WTF" moment.
happenstance
SLAP Pal
Rep: 241

Ignore
« Reply #11603 on: March 31, 2012, 10:43:41 AM »

The night got even worse after that. So I built some of the stuff at the Oakland DIY spot. I built a ledge with butter bench material on it and a pump bump to pump bump gap with a pole jam on one bump (among other things) that both got destroyed... by a fellow skater. The dude is one of the people that built bordertown and he is a fucking burnout loser that thought he owned a spot that wasn't even legal to begin with. Not to mention I started building there before he even showed up. I guess plastic isn't allowed and he only tore out the pole jam bump on the other one so I guess unique spots aren't allowed either. He texted me after talking shit (a friend gave him my number... some friend) and that was the end of it. I never even saw him at the spot skating while I was there all the time. This was probably a year ago. I was kind of heated about it for a few weeks. Anyway, I am sort of bummed out and go to a bar to meet a friend. Low and behold this guy is the bartender. I started talking a lot of shit and now have potential fight in the future. Got kicked out of a bar for the first time ever. It wasn't too gnarly, I walked myself out but felt like a jackass after. Should have just left it alone. The dude is pretty wack though.

Edit: Then today my VX1 stops working and the fisheye got a huge fucking scratch. So bad I am going to replace the front element. Everything has to look up from here!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 06:47:03 PM by happenstance » Logged
floop
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #11604 on: April 01, 2012, 08:14:28 AM »

grimcity
Administrator
SLAP Pal
Rep: 2014

« Reply #11605 on: April 01, 2012, 08:36:22 AM »

^Fuck, sorry floop... those are the bane of my existence. Take care of that thing man.
eranka
Rep: 44

Ignore
« Reply #11606 on: April 01, 2012, 11:13:31 AM »

Damn. get well Floop!
listen to Grim, take care of that thing. do alot of PT and dont get on your board too quickly, give it time to heal
i've sprained my right ankle 4 time this year alone and i'm sure it could have been much better if i didnt get back skating the second it didnt hurt anymore.
take your time and get well man
floop
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #11607 on: April 01, 2012, 06:11:40 PM »

thanks dudes.  hoping for the best.  i've actually never injured an ankle before skating.  a little jacked up but not fully rolled like this.  this hurts more than all my breaks i've had combined

i really just hope it gets back to where it was, no matter how long it takes.  appreciate the advice
Monty Burns
SLAP Pal
Rep: -6
Release the hounds

Ignore
« Reply #11608 on: April 02, 2012, 05:48:09 PM »

People acting too much like sheep . I take the train to work and I see the most odd and sheepish behavior of ppl .

The train leaves in 5 mins , but somebody thinks its there now and starts to run , the other ppl seing the person run thinks the train is there now . Otherwise why would the person be running ? . So now we have 10 ppl running to a train that hasnt even arrived at the station while I casualy walk to the train station and arrive befor the train has left

Somebody stops in the train cause the first compartment is full . And maybe they dont want to walk further or just have no problems with standing up . The next 3 persons sees that somebody stopped and is standing up , they look into the compartment and see that its full . So now they stop too . So soon we have a full compartment of ppl standing up and not moving . I take the time to walk to the next comparment and find that its virtualy empty

The place where I take the metro to my work has 2 metro trains going to the exact same spot with about 5 mins betwen them . Now ppl see that 1 of them is leaving in about 2 minutes so everybody rushes and runs there , and the whole metro is full of people and super crowded . I take the time and wait 4 minutes more and get the metro without almost any ppl

Are ppl so stressed out and just not thinking straight ?  or am I too carefree and fucking hate super crowded places ?
FART BOY
Rep: 11

Ignore
« Reply #11609 on: April 02, 2012, 07:45:01 PM »

People acting too much like sheep . I take the train to work and I see the most odd and sheepish behavior of ppl .

The train leaves in 5 mins , but somebody thinks its there now and starts to run , the other ppl seing the person run thinks the train is there now . Otherwise why would the person be running ? . So now we have 10 ppl running to a train that hasnt even arrived at the station while I casualy walk to the train station and arrive befor the train has left

Somebody stops in the train cause the first compartment is full . And maybe they dont want to walk further or just have no problems with standing up . The next 3 persons sees that somebody stopped and is standing up , they look into the compartment and see that its full . So now they stop too . So soon we have a full compartment of ppl standing up and not moving . I take the time to walk to the next comparment and find that its virtualy empty

The place where I take the metro to my work has 2 metro trains going to the exact same spot with about 5 mins betwen them . Now ppl see that 1 of them is leaving in about 2 minutes so everybody rushes and runs there , and the whole metro is full of people and super crowded . I take the time and wait 4 minutes more and get the metro without almost any ppl

Are ppl so stressed out and just not thinking straight ?  or am I too carefree and fucking hate super crowded places ?

Personally, I agree completely with all of what you said. I see the same thing everyday and it really is sad.

There was a study in a train station about this. Some people hand selected to lead, but not ever meeting each other and everyone else were just randoms. It got to the point the leaders were leading one another along with a good amount of people in the train station, being blind as can be about what was going on. The formation they were in actually turned out looking like a flock of sheep.
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 506

Jump to: