Facebook Twitter MySpace YouTube

Forum Search   Advanced Search
April 23, 2014, 04:19:36 AM
Welcome, Guest.
Please login above or register.
News: OIAM!

Pages: 1 ... 991 992 [993] 994 995 ... 1174

Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 1311656 times)
thepman
SLAP Pal
Rep: -108

Ignore
« Reply #29760 on: March 27, 2012, 02:17:02 PM »

the weather in the UK has been incredible, worn shorts all week, loved it!
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit
cringe.
SLAP Pal
Rep: 406

Ignore
« Reply #29761 on: March 27, 2012, 02:47:04 PM »

the weather in the UK has been incredible, worn shorts all week, loved it!

definitely agree

also, the new Beach House record leaked guys, here's a link. Im downloading at the moment, stoked!
http://uploaded.to/file/q5cotahf
Harem
SLAP Pal
Rep: 43

Ignore
« Reply #29762 on: March 27, 2012, 03:50:28 PM »

It leaked a few weeks ago!

It's basically what you expect from Beach House. Not much progression in their 4 albums. But I don't mind.
+
cringe.
SLAP Pal
Rep: 406

Ignore
« Reply #29763 on: March 27, 2012, 04:16:01 PM »

oh shit, ive been slow then! yeah, little disappointed to be honest with the lack of progression, Myth got my hopes up for this album but it seems like a slight step backwards from Teen Dream. Still a really great album though, and I know i'll be listening a lot in the coming weeks.
SteamyRayVaughan
Rep: 9

Ignore
« Reply #29764 on: March 27, 2012, 04:34:35 PM »

found these stickers in a seldom-visited drawer today
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal
Rep: 774

« Reply #29765 on: March 27, 2012, 05:04:12 PM »

found these stickers in a seldom-visited drawer today

WOW!  I had those too, YEARS ago!
sleepypancakes
SLAP Pal
Rep: 110

Ignore
« Reply #29766 on: March 27, 2012, 06:10:48 PM »

Since I am out of the Army on Friday, I kinda don't give a fuck.  Today, I didn't even go to work.  I rode motorcycles all day and got sunburned.  You might say, "But they'll know you were goofing off because of your red ass face!"  To that I'll say, "That's ok, because they won't see my red ass face because I'm gonna do the same shit again tomorrow."

Now I'm eating pizza and drinking beer in my empty and watching all of the Deathwish movies.

What do you ride Hate? I want to bring up my old Triumph from Cincinnati but I have no where to put it.

Triumph Bonneville T100!  What about you?  That sucks you can't bring it.  I've been blessed with a garage and I do some work with a smalltime shop in KC where we build cafe racers.  Working on my dad's Thruxton next week!
I inherited my grandfather's 1969 T120 Bonneville, me and my pops restored it when I was still living at home cause he left it to sit in a garage until 2004 maybe?  but I haven't ridden it in so long I don't know what shape its in. I'm trying to find a picture on my laptop but I can't, it must be buried in all my work stuff  Cry
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal

« Reply #29767 on: March 27, 2012, 06:21:24 PM »

Since I am out of the Army on Friday, I kinda don't give a fuck.  Today, I didn't even go to work.  I rode motorcycles all day and got sunburned.  You might say, "But they'll know you were goofing off because of your red ass face!"  To that I'll say, "That's ok, because they won't see my red ass face because I'm gonna do the same shit again tomorrow."

Now I'm eating pizza and drinking beer in my empty and watching all of the Deathwish movies.

What do you ride Hate? I want to bring up my old Triumph from Cincinnati but I have no where to put it.

Triumph Bonneville T100!  What about you?  That sucks you can't bring it.  I've been blessed with a garage and I do some work with a smalltime shop in KC where we build cafe racers.  Working on my dad's Thruxton next week!
I inherited my grandfather's 1969 T120 Bonneville, me and my pops restored it when I was still living at home cause he left it to sit in a garage until 2004 maybe?  but I haven't ridden it in so long I don't know what shape its in. I'm trying to find a picture on my laptop but I can't, it must be buried in all my work stuff  Cry

I hope you find it, I love seeing the actual vintage ones.  This one is mine.  I nearly laid it down once and scratched the factory pipes, so I put these ones on for fun.  Still have the OG ones and they're buffed out.  Might swap back so it's all original.

sleepypancakes
SLAP Pal
Rep: 110

Ignore
« Reply #29768 on: March 27, 2012, 06:35:41 PM »

I hope you find it, I love seeing the actual vintage ones.  This one is mine.  I nearly laid it down once and scratched the factory pipes, so I put these ones on for fun.  Still have the OG ones and they're buffed out.  Might swap back so it's all original.

The pipes you put on are sick. I'll dig more tomorrow, it might be on my external drive. Mine is completely original, with the exception of a mirror that my dumb ass broke moving it, I did the paint myself in metallic gold flake, and did sloppy black pinstriping myself too. its not the prettiest but I'm more attached to the significance of it than anything and of course when I learned to ride it I laid it down twice, that was before I restored it though thank god. not that it would've made much of a difference
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal

« Reply #29769 on: March 27, 2012, 06:55:11 PM »

Your first is the most memorable.  I hope you find it.  Love looking at old shit.  I'm actually doing design work for a shop now and I'm gonna be starting to learn metal fab in a week or so.  I love hanging out in a garage just working on old bikes and bullshitting.  We have the sickest garage too- we even have a shop cat and a shop dog and the shop dog learned how to SMILE (so weird)
Sgt.Pepper
Rep: -165

Ignore
« Reply #29770 on: March 27, 2012, 07:52:40 PM »

My Ex girlfriend is letting me borrow all her Dead Kennedys albums!!!!
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

Archie Bunker
Rep: 18
I've got the juice now

Ignore
« Reply #29771 on: March 27, 2012, 08:52:03 PM »

andre nickatina is doing a show in my town at this really grimy club called the roadhouse on the 16th of next month.  I dont think anybody who doesn't skate in my town has ever even heard of him hahahaha
Bitch I'm 'bout it 'bout it
steve
Rep: 45

Ignore
« Reply #29772 on: March 27, 2012, 09:00:11 PM »

my memere died the week before this past thanksgiving. she was the raddest, kindest, most loving person i've known. a true buddha.
although i'm bummed on her death, today would've been her 78th birthday. she loved drinking bud light and playing cards. i'm swilling a bud in her memory  i'm stoked on having loved such a beautiful soul.

. 03.27.34. much love mem!
Mooley
SLAP Pal
Rep: 247

Ignore
« Reply #29773 on: March 28, 2012, 12:30:44 AM »

How did it take me so long to watch this show. Fuck it's actually too good.
_UniversalTruth_
SLAP Pal
Rep: 28

Ignore
« Reply #29774 on: March 28, 2012, 04:18:05 AM »

Got me an iMac, stoked on the big screen, feeling all fancy. It's really fun so far.
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends Smiley
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal

« Reply #29775 on: March 28, 2012, 04:43:55 AM »

Got me an iMac, stoked on the big screen, feeling all fancy. It's really fun so far.

My wife's iMac makes me hate my old shitty laptop so much.  It's like having a brand new luxury car, but driving an unreliable beater.
_UniversalTruth_
SLAP Pal
Rep: 28

Ignore
« Reply #29776 on: March 28, 2012, 05:40:40 AM »

My wife's iMac makes me hate my old shitty laptop so much.  It's like having a brand new luxury car, but driving an unreliable beater.

Cheesy nice metaphor.
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends Smiley
Filip
SLAP Pal
Rep: -78

Ignore
« Reply #29777 on: March 28, 2012, 05:49:08 AM »

I just watched this video, and Im super psyched to go skate right now. I never tried slappys, but I found a perfect curb on my way from work, so Im gonna try to learn them on that shit.

Jason Adams Knows Thunder Trucks Fall 2010
Dogs chill all day, they dont have any goals. - J Casanova
David
SLAP Pal
Rep: 26

Ignore
« Reply #29778 on: March 28, 2012, 08:52:15 AM »

Huge Tractor Tire Rolled Down Mountain
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal

« Reply #29779 on: March 28, 2012, 10:23:36 AM »

I am pretty jealous of those dudes.  That looked like a ton of fun.
Bitter
Rep: 35

Ignore
« Reply #29780 on: March 28, 2012, 10:49:43 AM »

Having a music nerd day. Downloaded some new albums, bought a ticket to a Refused reunion show, and ordered some stuff from Bridge 9 Records.  Grin
friendly dave
SLAP Pal
Rep: 366
grinding to a halt

Ignore
« Reply #29781 on: March 28, 2012, 11:06:58 AM »

Just got my REI yearly dividend in the mail. Gonna go down there and either get myself a new knife, or a headlamp.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW
pancake man
Rep: 32

Ignore
« Reply #29782 on: March 28, 2012, 01:34:02 PM »

Was found not guilty in my OUI case, finally after six months I can breath a bit more easier
DMH
SLAP Pal
Rep: 48
Candor

Ignore
« Reply #29783 on: March 28, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »

So, without publicizing it AT ALL, K-State brought Mos Def to Manhattan, KS for tonight as a speaker, and I think he's doing some poetry, too. Yeah.
ChildOfTheBurbs
Rep: -65525

Ignore
« Reply #29784 on: March 28, 2012, 02:16:55 PM »

I just watched this video, and Im super psyched to go skate right now. I never tried slappys, but I found a perfect curb on my way from work, so Im gonna try to learn them on that shit.

Jason Adams Knows Thunder Trucks Fall 2010

this
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal

« Reply #29785 on: March 28, 2012, 06:30:18 PM »

Small | Large
happenstance
SLAP Pal
Rep: 237

Ignore
« Reply #29786 on: March 28, 2012, 08:48:59 PM »

I am stoked on Hate!. Not only has he become the security guard against shit posting he also just donated some skate products to kids that will never be able to afford a skateboard. PM me if you want to be as rad as Hate! and send stuff. OK, so this entire post is a shameless plug but it is for a good cause. I need shit tons of trucks. Trucks people. Mail me your old trucks. They are sitting in your damn closet right now. Don't you feel guilty not helping these kids?

Skateboarders Of Timor - Leste Small | Large

Edit: And I always throw this out - if you can pay your way, let me know if you want to go there. It will be the experience of a lifetime, I can promise that.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 08:55:41 PM by happenstance » Logged
Beer Keg Peg Leg
SLAP Pal
Rep: 348

Ignore
« Reply #29787 on: March 28, 2012, 09:54:52 PM »

Just got my REI yearly dividend in the mail. Gonna go down there and either get myself a new knife, or a headlamp.

i want a nice knife, something to casually play with or lodge into my wooden coffee table when my roommate's annoying friends come over.
myrrh
Rep: 4

Ignore
« Reply #29788 on: March 29, 2012, 07:34:06 AM »

Got a juicer yesterday, best thing Ive bought in ages.Currently drinking some yellow mango/pear/apple/ginger/peach juice.
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal

« Reply #29789 on: March 29, 2012, 07:55:02 AM »

I am stoked on Hate!. Not only has he become the security guard against shit posting he also just donated some skate products to kids that will never be able to afford a skateboard. PM me if you want to be as rad as Hate! and send stuff. OK, so this entire post is a shameless plug but it is for a good cause. I need shit tons of trucks. Trucks people. Mail me your old trucks. They are sitting in your damn closet right now. Don't you feel guilty not helping these kids?

Skateboarders Of Timor - Leste

Edit: And I always throw this out - if you can pay your way, let me know if you want to go there. It will be the experience of a lifetime, I can promise that.

How much did it cost to get there?  Is that all you cover?  How long do you go for?
Pages: 1 ... 991 992 [993] 994 995 ... 1174

Jump to: