Facebook Twitter MySpace YouTube

Forum Search   Advanced Search
March 26, 2017, 03:17:17 AM
Welcome, Guest.
Please login above or register.
News: OIAM!

Pages: 1 ... 1295 1296 [1297]

Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 1883299 times)
20matar
SLAP Pal
Rep: 71

Ignore
« Reply #38880 on: March 10, 2017, 08:51:13 AM »

a $5 screwdriver and a few youtube tutorials saved me what probably would've been a few hundred bucks in repairs on my macbook. it was a little stressful digging around inside a computer with no experience, but i fixed the problem.

Way to go, MANE. More than your Macbook, you've opened a pandora's box of tinkering with computers. It's all legos nowadays, although busting a laptop open is always more sensitive than a desktop.
pancake man
Rep: 33

Ignore
« Reply #38881 on: March 11, 2017, 08:07:46 AM »

I found out last night that I was admitted to the master's program that I applied to and I was awarded their fellowship scholarship, which includes a tuition waiver and a 12k annual stipend.
brycickle
SLAP Pal
Rep: -47

Ignore
« Reply #38882 on: March 11, 2017, 08:38:34 AM »

I took a job with one of the top fire crews in the country.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Alan
SLAP Pal
Rep: 141

Ignore
« Reply #38883 on: March 11, 2017, 08:44:22 AM »

Internet high fives to the both of you! Onwards and upwards!
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud
Blind Fisherman
Rep: 17

Ignore
« Reply #38884 on: March 11, 2017, 09:07:15 AM »

Stoked for Pancake man and Brycickle.

Also stoked that I made a connection for bud up here. I can finally get a good night's sleep again.
Pabst
SLAP Pal
Rep: 120
USA

Ignore
« Reply #38885 on: March 12, 2017, 07:50:32 PM »

Fuck yes dude! Get it!

edit:

I got hyped, and forgot to type what I came in this thread for.
Being single is awesome. One of my coworkers got the smoke signal and it has been.... Work is tight, everyday. Super, super, tight.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 07:52:30 PM by Pabst » Logged
I sniff my own butthole all the time
SLAP Pal
Rep: 179
flip dawg, who you thought it was?

Ignore
« Reply #38886 on: March 13, 2017, 10:00:35 AM »

crowdsourced my siblings to pitch in on a laptop for my mom. i covered outta my orchard fund but they'll square up w/ me soon. my mom no longer has to watch netflix on a phone, only ran $50 each and everyone's stoked.
i'm on my 2nd act, little good deeds and urban agrarian life. that and my on deck hitter is a Polar nick boserio. how ya like me now?
Does it make you nostalgic?
Nah, it just really makes me miss certain times. Dgkalis
tobey
SLAP Pal
Rep: 55

Ignore
« Reply #38887 on: March 13, 2017, 10:40:14 AM »

gnarred because i just noticed your avatar
Justis
SLAP Pal
illinoying

Ignore
« Reply #38888 on: March 13, 2017, 03:13:29 PM »

Survived a dinner with my girlfriends parents , went to a nice steakhouse I'd otherwise never be in .
notbawtawd
Rep: 13

Ignore
« Reply #38889 on: March 13, 2017, 09:03:26 PM »

Been sober so long (of the bad shit atleast) that my mind is back to normal, like normal before I even touched them shits normal, so I dont even feel like touching em cause I feel good enough as is. I give partial credit to SLAP cause I could look back and see how retarded I was, and I value skateboarders advice over regular fuckers advice.

Not a pity party or whatever Im just stoked I feel regular for the first time in 3 years.

But I gotta get surgery in 4 hours so Im bouta be fucked up, but I can handle opiates... DUN DUN DUNNN
somethingmustbreaknow
SLAP Pal
Rep: 14

Ignore
« Reply #38890 on: March 14, 2017, 03:40:08 AM »

hang in there notbawtawd!
VCR
Rep: 29

Ignore
« Reply #38891 on: March 14, 2017, 07:50:58 AM »

I value skateboarders advice over regular fuckers advice

so true
"fucking wheel feel off"
PAWL
SLAP Pal
Rep: -121

Ignore
« Reply #38892 on: March 14, 2017, 08:19:30 AM »

just bought a super 8 camera and am figuring out a trip to puerto rico with some friends. very very exciting
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.
Pabst
SLAP Pal
USA

Ignore
« Reply #38893 on: March 15, 2017, 07:29:01 AM »

Streets of Chrome: John Cardiel on Vimeo

it has been raining often on my work days and I haven't been riding my bike for shit. This was motivating. All hail Cards!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 08:03:07 AM by Pabst » Logged
20matar
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #38894 on: March 16, 2017, 10:52:01 AM »

After pussying out on making proper bets on proper events, I decided to put some cash on a betting site that would give me bonuses and stuff. The flip side of getting a bonus is having to reach what they call a "rollover": a number of bets with a certain risk involving an amount of money. The house always wins, even if you end up beating the odds and making the amount -- you know not everyone knows when to quit.

I bet on a lot of shit, from Russian hockey to Chinese tennis to the Football Championship (ewww). After a lot of anger-inducing moments, I managed to win enough to beat the rollover, and more than double my money. I took a nice round number from my winnings (500 BRL if anyone's interested) and left some change to play with, something like 10 USD, but I lost it all making sensible football bets that I could relate to. Now I'm just waiting to see the color of the money, I'm spending it all on computer parts as soon as I get it. My HDD is starting to overheat so I'm getting an SSD in its stead.
Tracer
Rep: -65345

Ignore
« Reply #38895 on: March 16, 2017, 12:14:03 PM »

20 you got it all wrong! It's not gambling if you know you're going to win. Pinnacle has -103 lines for playoffs and they won't cut your limits if you run super hot. While you can't bankrupt the house, you can win the maximum and lose the minimum. Vegas lines at -110 and -115 are almost unbeatable though fuck that.

Oh, and don't take the bonus...ever
mynameisnotjeff
SLAP Pal
Rep: 19

Ignore
« Reply #38896 on: March 17, 2017, 03:27:12 PM »

Got a job at a restaurant doing prep work. Stoked I finally got a job but, does anyone on here have any slip resistant shoe recommendations?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.
Dontfearthereefer
SLAP Pal
Rep: -84
plan b is to just give'r farrel

Ignore
« Reply #38897 on: March 18, 2017, 04:06:28 AM »

Going to Paris for work 2-3 weeks
20matar
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #38898 on: March 18, 2017, 06:25:51 PM »

Grad school is the most exciting thing I've done in my entire life. I'm absolutely loving the new area, the field of studies, the classes and everything. I should have studied literature from the start. Especially considering that I've gone to trade school anyway, the world always needs computer monkeys to plug them legos into motherboards and to tell people to turn things off and on again. But I'm happy, as a whole. Hopefully this is the part of my 20s where I "find myself" and get my shit together.
cookieboy
Rep: 8

Ignore
« Reply #38899 on: March 19, 2017, 08:11:04 PM »

Finally got to skate today with a friend visiting from nor cal. It's been over three months since I last stepped on so it was a blast cruising and eating shit. I've been on a constant grind this semester but it's my last one then I'll get my certification to teach.
slappies
Rep: 129

Ignore
« Reply #38900 on: March 20, 2017, 06:00:07 AM »

It was my birthday this weekend and it was the best I've had in a long time. My girlfriend rented out a room at my favorite bar for karaoke, which was a blast. She hooked me up with a bunch of cool stuff and surprised me with Against Me!/Green Day tickets, which is a high school dream come true. Against Me! played my favorite tune of theirs (Pints of Guinness Make You Strong). Before the show there was a big record show I grabbed a few things at. Even cooler is a good buddy of mine happens to be friends with Todd Congelliere who sent me an autographed F.Y.P. album and a copy of Liberty Horror signed by himself along with a "Fred Brown" signature.

I know this is sort of an obnoxious braggy post, but I've been kind of down and out lately so this weekend was just so fucking good and I am so stoked on it.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 06:02:52 AM by slappies » Logged
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR
mynameisnotjeff
SLAP Pal
Rep: 19

Ignore
« Reply #38901 on: March 20, 2017, 08:44:21 PM »

Happy Belated Birthday Slappies!

Found out Cardiel is coming to my small college town for a Chrome event.
Finally, found out if I'm gonna need an extra semester or not. I do, but what's 4 months worth 20 years from now (time wise)?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.
Bumpovertrash
Rep: -3

Ignore
« Reply #38902 on: March 20, 2017, 10:02:34 PM »

Got a job at a restaurant doing prep work. Stoked I finally got a job but, does anyone on here have any slip resistant shoe recommendations?
I had two pairs of the shoes for crews slip ons they were comfortable but still turned into floppy shit after cooking for a while  but now I just get walmart slip ons with good insoles.  The Walmart slip ons are only 20$. Avoid the vans kitchen shoes there terrible. I cook though and hot oil and grease really fucks up your shoes they should last a while if you just prep and don't get shit all over em.
Good luck in the kitchen man
RCB3
SLAP Pal
Rep: 152

Ignore
« Reply #38903 on: March 24, 2017, 10:22:07 AM »

After moving to Oregon several years ago, I've been in a job that I haven't liked with a real shitty company for about 3 years. I've been doing a lot more photography work on the side recently and have enough where I wanted to go part time, but the company wasn't down for that. My wife just got a new job 3 or 4 months ago and got a significant pay jump, so after talking a lot about it, I decided to quit. Today's my last day and I know photography is a big grind, but I'm super stoked to dig deeper into it, and look for part time jobs on the side that I'd actually enjoy. It also feels great that my wife is really supportive of the decision.
Irvine-Sucks.com
Dr Steve Brule
SLAP Pal
Rep: 67

Ignore
« Reply #38904 on: March 24, 2017, 04:02:08 PM »

After moving to Oregon several years ago, I've been in a job that I haven't liked with a real shitty company for about 3 years. I've been doing a lot more photography work on the side recently and have enough where I wanted to go part time, but the company wasn't down for that. My wife just got a new job 3 or 4 months ago and got a significant pay jump, so after talking a lot about it, I decided to quit. Today's my last day and I know photography is a big grind, but I'm super stoked to dig deeper into it, and look for part time jobs on the side that I'd actually enjoy. It also feels great that my wife is really supportive of the decision.

Dude! That's great news! I am in a similar situation; the girlfriend makes more money than I do and encouraged me to pursue careers that I'm more interested in. We both have keepers, for sure
For Your Health
Nate
Rep: 29

Ignore
« Reply #38905 on: March 25, 2017, 01:51:43 AM »

It was my birthday this weekend and it was the best I've had in a long time. My girlfriend rented out a room at my favorite bar for karaoke, which was a blast. She hooked me up with a bunch of cool stuff and surprised me with Against Me!/Green Day tickets, which is a high school dream come true. Against Me! played my favorite tune of theirs (Pints of Guinness Make You Strong). Before the show there was a big record show I grabbed a few things at. Even cooler is a good buddy of mine happens to be friends with Todd Congelliere who sent me an autographed F.Y.P. album and a copy of Liberty Horror signed by himself along with a "Fred Brown" signature.

I know this is sort of an obnoxious braggy post, but I've been kind of down and out lately so this weekend was just so fucking good and I am so stoked on it.

Its good to be stoked on good things that happen in your life!  The internet was made for bragging, especially when it's making your high school dreams come true. 

In other news Im stoked I took a 3 day vacation to CO and got to see lots of friends and some snow!  I grew up in a place where we had snow over half the year but have lived in the bay the last two and have not seen snow in a while.  Also was stoked when I got home and was called off of work giving me an extra day of vaca.  Woke up to a new GX video and skated around Sf the whole day, which is the best combo ever.
RCB3
SLAP Pal
Rep: 152

Ignore
« Reply #38906 on: March 25, 2017, 11:55:33 AM »

Dude! That's great news! I am in a similar situation; the girlfriend makes more money than I do and encouraged me to pursue careers that I'm more interested in. We both have keepers, for sure

Cheers man! Good luck on whatever you're pursuing.
Irvine-Sucks.com
poserbitch
Rep: -2

Ignore
« Reply #38907 on: Today at 02:50:58 AM »

stoked on the good weather so i can go skate
and just bought a new pack of cigs so even more stoked
Pages: 1 ... 1295 1296 [1297]

Jump to: