Facebook Twitter MySpace YouTube

Forum Search   Advanced Search
July 24, 2014, 09:43:44 AM
Welcome, Guest.
Please login above or register.
News: OIAM!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 51

Author Topic: One In A Million NYC  (Read 83709 times)
Bubblegum Tate
SLAP Pal
Rep: -840
Slap's Resident Sneakerhead

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: February 23, 2012, 02:59:22 AM »

yeah, i wash my hands of this shit.  so does pretty much everyone else who worked on the show, and the people at slap.

and yes.  the shit like this really is only going to get worse.

Next elimination is going to be when the contestants play duck duck goose
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me
Dirtymac
Rep: -7

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: February 23, 2012, 03:16:57 AM »

No Cards present either. Hopefully he was the 1st to dip.
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"
drunk guy
Rep: 48

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: February 23, 2012, 03:55:46 AM »

i try to only comment on things when im drunk but holy shit this is the worst fucking shit
mariomister
Rep: 1

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: February 23, 2012, 05:26:32 AM »

worst,stupid episode.
via
SLAP Pal
Rep: 164

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: February 23, 2012, 06:41:53 AM »

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:07:13 AM by via » Logged
pica
SLAP Pal
Rep: 65

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: February 23, 2012, 06:46:56 AM »

way too much skating in this episode.
AdrianLopez
SLAP Pal
Rep: -41

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: February 23, 2012, 07:11:48 AM »

Exactly.

Last year was soo good. Why would one ever change it. I dont get it at all. Can someone from Slap pls comment on that?

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.
Stoop Kid
SLAP Pal
Rep: -72
Fuck hipsters.

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: February 23, 2012, 07:30:58 AM »

Forrest should be a guest judge.
b.v.

« Reply #578 on: February 23, 2012, 07:43:12 AM »

I think every company ever should do full series of that amazing corndog graphis.

victor333

« Reply #579 on: February 23, 2012, 07:45:40 AM »

Antwuan and Luscious Lou would make a dastardly combination of judges; maybe next year?

ONE IN A MILLION 2013

Boards will be focused.....

fades will be caught.....

douche beards will be grown....

doo doo doo's will be uttered...
krewkruxklan
Rep: 17

Ignore
« Reply #580 on: February 23, 2012, 07:48:07 AM »

so what's gunna happen to next years OIAM?

cats is nice but I aint seen god since hova spit that navy blue to me
SUPRFI$CAL
Fenzadill
SLAP Pal
lemme get the 4 dollar one

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: February 23, 2012, 07:52:02 AM »

yeah, i wash my hands of this shit.  so does pretty much everyone else who worked on the show, and the people at slap.

and yes.  the shit like this really is only going to get worse.

Next elimination is going to be when the contestants play duck duck goose

"In skateboarding, you have to be able to pick the weakest opponent, so today we're going to be playing duck duck goose."
b.v.

« Reply #582 on: February 23, 2012, 07:53:27 AM »

"We all remember when people actually skated street and you had to run from the cops, so this weeks elimination will be who ever runs a mile the slowest."
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:55:22 AM by b.v. » Logged
Gil
Rep: 3

Ignore
« Reply #583 on: February 23, 2012, 07:54:07 AM »

The real winner is the kid who got sent home cause he couldn't ollie high enough... he had to put up with the least amount of this horse shit.
And I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for this but Steve Rodriguez came off as a real tool in this. Which is weird cause he always seemed like a cool dude before.
JamesNtheGntPch
Rep: 21
Philadelphia, PA

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: February 23, 2012, 08:30:09 AM »

Wow this was the worst episode yet.

I thought it was off to a good start with this:

This was a little weird:

but I thought things would pick up.  Until I saw this:

I love marketboarding.
John Footpenis
jack2jack

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: February 23, 2012, 08:34:54 AM »

Exactly.

Last year was soo good. Why would one ever change it. I dont get it at all. Can someone from Slap pls comment on that?

I would like to read this too.

It has been that good and now...
Mad Max
Rep: -1

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: February 23, 2012, 08:46:51 AM »

I remember there being a long thread about this series before it aired and (I think?) Mandible Claw spilt the beans on how and why everyone quit.

Can someone dig it up? Or can MC jog our memory on the details?

If this series is about to experience a mass walk out, I want to watch it. I mean, how is the producer going to make that kinda shit shine?
Pabst
SLAP Pal
Rep: 134
USA!

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: February 23, 2012, 09:17:13 AM »

Damn, east coast is just killing it...
Fenzadill
SLAP Pal
lemme get the 4 dollar one

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: February 23, 2012, 09:32:48 AM »

They made Steve Rodriguez look like such a douchebag, I hope he was compensated well.
via
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #589 on: February 23, 2012, 09:42:14 AM »

They made Steve Rodriguez look like such a douchebag, I hope he was compensated well.

This hasn't been worn well by anyone. I can't wait to read interviews with all these guys in the near future. There's a Hate storm coming to whoever had hands in this. Alex Klein and whoever else.
foureyedjim
SLAP Pal
Rep: 62

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: February 23, 2012, 10:09:11 AM »

Am I the only one that gets this?
trannies and mannies
SLAP Pal
Rep: 24
let me take you on a vacation.

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: February 23, 2012, 11:00:28 AM »

I wish some of the contestants posted on slap, id love to hear dumb "behind the scenes" shit with the producers
mandibleclaw
SLAP Pal
Rep: 415
"RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: February 23, 2012, 11:37:10 AM »

Exactly.

the producer/director was given full creative control this time.  last year, whitely had control.  this year, alex klein was given control.  he wanted to make it so it could be sold to a major network, etc.  everyone disagreed and fought with him on it--all the park skating, dumb challenges, etc--but he had a contract and would not back down. he wanted the show to be "accessible to people who didn't skate"; he wanted it to be able to be watched by fucking football players.  the judges, who i think ended up not being paid, were all so bummed and tried to change klein's mind at the end, but i guess they had signed contracts and couldn't get out of being in the final show.  billy rohan quit.  at the end, lou basically tried to fight klein.  so did some of the contestants.

eventually, the contestants said "fuck this" to the challenges and interviews and shit, and refused to do them.  another problem was the HD camera crew klein hired--they didn't skate, and didn't care about the kids.  so finally i just stole them all from the house of vans and left all the HD dudes behind.

so yeah.  it was a fucking nightmare.
We are a noble sport more noble than any other
Dirty_Ratlips

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: February 23, 2012, 11:44:42 AM »

Exactly.

the producer/director was given full creative control this time.  last year, whitely had control.  this year, alex klein was given control.  he wanted to make it so it could be sold to a major network, etc.  everyone disagreed and fought with him on it--all the park skating, dumb challenges, etc--but he had a contract and would not back down. he wanted the show to be "accessible to people who didn't skate"; he wanted it to be able to be watched by fucking football players.  the judges, who i think ended up not being paid, were all so bummed and tried to change klein's mind at the end, but i guess they had signed contracts and couldn't get out of being in the final show.  billy rohan quit.  at the end, lou basically tried to fight klein.  so did some of the contestants.

eventually, the contestants said "fuck this" to the challenges and interviews and shit, and refused to do them.  another problem was the HD camera crew klein hired--they didn't skate, and didn't care about the kids.  so finally i just stole them all from the house of vans and left all the HD dudes behind.

so yeah.  it was a fucking nightmare.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:52:43 AM by Dirty_Ratlips » Logged
via
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: February 23, 2012, 12:23:53 PM »

Exactly.

the producer/director was given full creative control this time.  last year, whitely had control.  this year, alex klein was given control.  he wanted to make it so it could be sold to a major network, etc.  everyone disagreed and fought with him on it--all the park skating, dumb challenges, etc--but he had a contract and would not back down. he wanted the show to be "accessible to people who didn't skate"; he wanted it to be able to be watched by fucking football players.  the judges, who i think ended up not being paid, were all so bummed and tried to change klein's mind at the end, but i guess they had signed contracts and couldn't get out of being in the final show.  billy rohan quit.  at the end, lou basically tried to fight klein.  so did some of the contestants.

eventually, the contestants said "fuck this" to the challenges and interviews and shit, and refused to do them.  another problem was the HD camera crew klein hired--they didn't skate, and didn't care about the kids.  so finally i just stole them all from the house of vans and left all the HD dudes behind.

Damn. Thanks for fully shedding the light. It's weird because I kicked it with Alex Klein a good bit when I used to go to SF a lot, a handful of years ago. He was just a normal skate dude. I guess what someone said about his head getting big after the surfing doc must be true. It's hard to imagine a real skateboader pushing for this end product., but...whatever.

Can't wait for your edit. You should just go ahead and put it up. The skating is all anyone wants to see, anyway.

That's kinda sick Lou tried to fight him over all this.
jack2jack

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: February 23, 2012, 12:24:35 PM »

Thanks for the enlightement.
Bobby Peru
Administrator
SLAP Pal
Rep: 333
« Reply #596 on: February 23, 2012, 12:26:59 PM »

Exactly.

As it's been said a few times, SLAP, as in the employees who run the site are bummed about how it turned out and had nothing to do with the goofy ideas.

I wasn't around for One in a Million, but here's my best guess as to how it got as wacky as it did:

Forrest pretty much made the show last year. Of course the skating was great, but OIAM wouldn't have gotten nearly as much attention if he hadn't been in it. Like Omarossa, Puck, The Situation, or whoever, the wacky characters are what attracts people to reality TV. And don't try and act like OIAM wasn't a reality show last year too, because it was. It was just really well done. But of course, you can't just go on a "new Forrest" search. So instead, the producer/director adds the elimination factor to replace Forrest as the source of drama.

Unfortunately, those ideas were all garbage (and as it's been said, they get even worse) and since the producer/director had been contractually given complete creative control, the new employees of SLAP (Whitely stepped down right before OIAM) couldn't do anything about it. Eliminations might have even worked if skating remained at the forefront of them, but who knows. We'll see how it turns out.

P.S. Team corndog for life.
via
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: February 23, 2012, 12:37:29 PM »

Exactly.

As it's been said a few times, SLAP, as in the employees who run the site are bummed about how it turned out and had nothing to do with the goofy ideas.

I wasn't around for One in a Million, but here's my best guess as to how it got as wacky as it did:

Forrest pretty much made the show last year. Of course the skating was great, but OIAM wouldn't have gotten nearly as much attention if he hadn't been in it. Like Omarossa, Puck, The Situation, or whoever, the wacky characters are what attracts people to reality TV. And don't try and act like OIAM wasn't a reality show last year too, because it was. It was just really well done. But of course, you can't just go on a "new Forrest" search. So instead, the producer/director adds the elimination factor to replace Forrest as the source of drama.

Unfortunately, those ideas were all garbage (and as it's been said, they get even worse) and since the producer/director had been contractually given complete creative control, the new employees of SLAP (Whitely stepped down right before OIAM) couldn't do anything about it. Eliminations might have even worked if skating remained at the forefront of them, but who knows. We'll see how it turns out.

P.S. Team corndog for life.

Seems like a lot of people tend to forget that OIAM caught a lot of flack last year for the "reality TV" format that the show was done in. It was infinitely better than this year, but it was still a fairly regurgitated TV format. The big difference, though, was skating was still at the forefront. There was drama, and interviews, and all that, but the whole contest was about skateboarding. It was a reality show about skateboarding, not skateboarders on a reality show. The finger painting challenge had nothing to do with skateboarding, and could have made as much sense (none) on any other bullshit TV show.

They could get fat people to Crayola what they want to look like in the future, of Trump could have them make macaroni pictures that represent their newest business plan.

This has nothing to do with skateboarding.
Zurg
SLAP Pal
Rep: 455
PARRR

Ignore
« Reply #598 on: February 23, 2012, 12:48:51 PM »

Wow this was the worst episode yet.

This was a little weird:

I initially thought he was busting up weed when they had the first shot of his hands blurred, but it looks more like he's holding something with a logo they couldnt show

but I thought things would pick up.� Until I saw this:

Poor dude. I hope 5boro's gotten big enough that this isnt most people's first exposure to him

I appreciate my own frontside noseslides

@zurgvision
Donkey Lips
SLAP Pal
Rep: 592
has anyone seen sponge harris?

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: February 23, 2012, 12:50:43 PM »

"Well, I made the duck blue because I'd never seen a blue duck before and I wanted to see one."

That's all I could think about when I was trying to watch people explain their colorings.
AWFUL WAFFLE
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 51

Jump to: