Facebook Twitter MySpace YouTube

Forum Search   Advanced Search
September 01, 2014, 03:13:35 AM
Welcome, Guest.
Please login above or register.
News: OIAM!

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 51

Author Topic: One In A Million NYC  (Read 86282 times)
Ronald Wilson Reagan
SLAP Pal
Rep: -153
I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.

Ignore
« Reply #810 on: March 05, 2012, 07:32:35 PM »

^ hahaha

i'm pretty sure i've read every reply in this thread and i haven't seen anyone bring up how awkward it is to watch dean's attempts at being funny, considering he's not funny at all. he kills it, but goddamn is he not funny. dude comes across as trying soooo hard to be funny, i have to assume that the people around him have to consistently give him awkward, forced chuckles just to keep him from going off in a corner to cry into his knees with his hood on.

Yeah, I feel second hand embarrassment for him at those moments.
And I have absolutely no fuckin clue what he is talking about half the time.

i actually don't think he's even trying to be funny, he's just one weird motherfucker.  i was definitely scratching my head.  nice, genuine dude though, kills it for sure.
I'm so down for Dean. That kid definitely just comes off as weird to me. Between the end of that one episode where he's telling random stories about him and his friends while he's getting stitched up and shit, and his general approach towards skating, both reckless and filled with weird tricks make him come off as genuinely eccentric. The judges seem completely weirded out by him and don't know how to say that they think he is weird as fuck but that somehow it works. Its great. I love people like that.
If anybody comes off as trying to be funny its probably Josh, but I like him anyway. I like all the kids, I think part of it is the fact that I feel for these genuine kids who are all legitimately good skaters being put through some phony bullshit that everybody hates by some fake ass motherfuckers, and are handling it well despite the fact that there's no way they could have expected this... can't wait until they walk off though.
victor333

« Reply #811 on: March 05, 2012, 10:43:05 PM »

^ hahaha

i'm pretty sure i've read every reply in this thread and i haven't seen anyone bring up how awkward it is to watch dean's attempts at being funny, considering he's not funny at all. he kills it, but goddamn is he not funny. dude comes across as trying soooo hard to be funny, i have to assume that the people around him have to consistently give him awkward, forced chuckles just to keep him from going off in a corner to cry into his knees with his hood on.

Yeah, I feel second hand embarrassment for him at those moments.
And I have absolutely no fuckin clue what he is talking about half the time.

i actually don't think he's even trying to be funny, he's just one weird motherfucker.  i was definitely scratching my head.  nice, genuine dude though, kills it for sure.
I'm so down for Dean. That kid definitely just comes off as weird to me. Between the end of that one episode where he's telling random stories about him and his friends while he's getting stitched up and shit, and his general approach towards skating, both reckless and filled with weird tricks make him come off as genuinely eccentric. The judges seem completely weirded out by him and don't know how to say that they think he is weird as fuck but that somehow it works. Its great. I love people like that.
If anybody comes off as trying to be funny its probably Josh, but I like him anyway. I like all the kids, I think part of it is the fact that I feel for these genuine kids who are all legitimately good skaters being put through some phony bullshit that everybody hates by some fake ass motherfuckers, and are handling it well despite the fact that there's no way they could have expected this... can't wait until they walk off though.

Agreed on pretty much all accounts.

And, real talk, at the risk of sounding too gay, it's cool hanging out with people like Dean - always in a good mood, light-hearted, free-spirited, etc. People that give off good vibes are good to be around. And I wish I was more like that sometimes, instead of being so darn jaded and pessimistic
woodsman
Rep: 25

Ignore
« Reply #812 on: March 06, 2012, 11:43:52 AM »

Alex Klein - Crime in the City Small | Large

I wonder if he's repeating the lyrics "this will all blow over in time".
Dick Moranus
Rep: -4
You're a loser

Ignore
« Reply #813 on: March 06, 2012, 07:04:35 PM »

Lol you guys are silly.  This is like the best OIAM yet.  Cool
mandibleclaw
SLAP Pal
Rep: 418
"RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers

Ignore
« Reply #814 on: March 06, 2012, 07:08:45 PM »

this will all blow over his face
We are a noble sport more noble than any other
eastenders
Rep: -58

Ignore
« Reply #815 on: March 06, 2012, 09:28:29 PM »

This is the fucking worse shit i have ever watched. at least something like street dreams, street leauge, mtv etc. you can actually laugh at it. This is literally impossible to sit through
shit_for_brains
SLAP Pal
Rep: 127

Ignore
« Reply #816 on: March 06, 2012, 11:44:12 PM »

This is the fucking worse shit i have ever watched. at least something like street dreams, street leauge, mtv etc. you can actually laugh at it. This is literally impossible to sit through

at least street league always has skating in it.
How do these young kids get so good at skating when they're jacking off all the time.
PsychOut

« Reply #817 on: March 07, 2012, 06:08:49 AM »

Heavy Session Inside the House of Vans - One in a Million Episode 7
grimcity
Administrator
SLAP Pal
Rep: 2014

« Reply #818 on: March 07, 2012, 06:57:38 AM »

stupidfuckface
Rep: 0

Ignore
« Reply #819 on: March 07, 2012, 07:07:53 AM »

A fucking barrel jumping contest?
More like a shark jumping....
oldeath
SLAP Pal
Rep: 167

Ignore
« Reply #820 on: March 07, 2012, 07:08:04 AM »

This will be the next elimination.
sufodiv
Rep: -18

Ignore
« Reply #821 on: March 07, 2012, 07:15:03 AM »

Did you guys hear one of the judges say "today was a big disappointment"

What do you expect? They were stuck at a skate park!
oneshovel

« Reply #822 on: March 07, 2012, 07:45:32 AM »

Very subtle product placement from MD.  Wish there would've been more dickheadishness but that one Rodney quip has me excited for next week. 

And before the usual 30 people say how whack this episode was.. You're all hooked on it so clearly Klein did a good job.  Any viewer or participant of this Mountain Dew commercial should know better to expect some boring, unscripted, core skateboarding program.  It's supposed to be this stupid because they want everyone to watch it, not just old slap dudes wanting to see pure street skating.

I bet the whole "skaters get fed up and abandon contest" was part of the plan too.  With that said, I'm glad to enjoy this entertainment for what it's worth.
jacktharipper
Rep: -24
Skate MN

Ignore
« Reply #823 on: March 07, 2012, 08:23:23 AM »

Very subtle product placement from MD.  Wish there would've been more dickheadishness but that one Rodney quip has me excited for next week. 

And before the usual 30 people say how whack this episode was.. You're all hooked on it so clearly Klein did a good job.  Any viewer or participant of this Mountain Dew commercial should know better to expect some boring, unscripted, core skateboarding program.  It's supposed to be this stupid because they want everyone to watch it, not just old slap dudes wanting to see pure street skating.

I bet the whole "skaters get fed up and abandon contest" was part of the plan too.  With that said, I'm glad to enjoy this entertainment for what it's worth.
klein?
it's on
mcpeepants
SLAP Pal
Rep: -18

Ignore
« Reply #824 on: March 07, 2012, 08:31:53 AM »

One of the most important aspects of skateboarding is knowing how to skate an indoor park.
you some closet dick-in-da-booty ass nigga.

grimcity
Administrator
SLAP Pal
Rep: 2014

« Reply #825 on: March 07, 2012, 08:49:25 AM »

And before the usual 30 people say how whack this episode was.. You're all hooked on it so clearly Klein did a good job.

The worse the car wreck, the slower the rubberneckers drive by it in hopes of seeing something they'll probably regret immediately after.
Donkey Lips
SLAP Pal
Rep: 593
has anyone seen sponge harris?

Ignore
« Reply #826 on: March 07, 2012, 09:10:03 AM »

Eric Cartman kid is hilarious.
AWFUL WAFFLE
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal
Rep: 817

« Reply #827 on: March 07, 2012, 09:33:02 AM »

Wackness aside, this one had skating and while it wasn't the most exciting shit ever, barrel jumping is actually really crazy.  My friends and I tried it years ago after seeing all that shit Alva did.  It's the weirdest feeling of knowing you should be able to do something, but feeling incredibly sketchy the whole time.  Just like those kids said- just a few is really hard.

Ok, done being positive.   Wink
NowhereInLife
SLAP Pal
Rep: -5

Ignore
« Reply #828 on: March 07, 2012, 10:27:01 AM »

i lulzed.  the key is to keep your expectations pretty low or nonexistent.

reminds me of being twelve again when you measured everything in whole numbers...of course these are grown men.
Unbridled Technical Precision
SLAP Pal
Rep: -320
C.H.Z.

Ignore
« Reply #829 on: March 07, 2012, 11:44:36 AM »

One of the most important aspects of skateboarding is knowing how to skate an indoor park.

ah but you forgot the cardinal rule. you must learn how to market yourself first. then and only then, you can finally begin to skate down your path to greatness.
A.J.K.
SLAP Pal
Rep: 28

Ignore
« Reply #830 on: March 07, 2012, 11:57:46 AM »

The taildrop, noseblunt pull in and frontside pivot were all sick.  At the beginning of the series I thought that dude was just going to be a shitty version of Chris Milic but apparently not.
Creep300
Rep: -5

Ignore
« Reply #831 on: March 07, 2012, 12:07:03 PM »

shit i guess this is entertainment. this is a mockery to the old ONE IN A MILLIONS!
Josh McLaughlin
SLAP Pal
Rep: 187
this avatar is prbly abd

Ignore
« Reply #832 on: March 07, 2012, 12:13:15 PM »

5-0 yank in was dope. and the dude that did that long switch smith. that was sick.
Ronald Wilson Reagan
SLAP Pal
Rep: -153
I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.

Ignore
« Reply #833 on: March 07, 2012, 12:58:51 PM »

We're laughing at him, not with him. If you think the only people who think watching coloring contests are stupid know how to kickflip you are a moron. This thing is a car wreck and its fun to laugh at what a stupid asshole Klein is, no more, no less. If you want to say he's a genius because he exploited kids and ruined his reputation for some minor entertainment, fine, but there are less socially and personally damaging ways to do that. He still failed.

Oh, and look at one of the first pages, I hella called barrel jumping elimination. HELLA called it.
trannies and mannies
SLAP Pal
Rep: 25
let me take you on a vacation.

Ignore
« Reply #834 on: March 07, 2012, 01:33:37 PM »

I hope it was worth it for Klein since the whole skate community is laughing right at him.
Narcissus
SLAP Pal
Rep: 279

Ignore
« Reply #835 on: March 07, 2012, 01:36:01 PM »

Lurker Lou is the truth in my book.... 100% NY OG on the real...

Dude's cool, but he's from New England, so "100% NY OG on the real" is factually inaccurate.

Also, that Finucan kid should rethink the spliffs if he's like 20 years old and doesn't know what a dumpling is. I mean, Jesus Christ, what the fuck?

Obviously, I'm a few episodes behind.
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.
brent
SLAP Pal
Rep: 544

Ignore
« Reply #836 on: March 07, 2012, 01:40:38 PM »

lurker lou should be replaced with geo moya
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.
 www.heythereintestines.tumblr.com
irn bruised
Rep: 0

Ignore
« Reply #837 on: March 07, 2012, 02:18:33 PM »

how many feebles is too many feebles? and did anyone else think that dude doing the lineson the 1/4 and flatbar had more than enough time to throw in a flatland trick in between obstacles.. seemed to roll for ages!

pull in from the top shelf was sick though... i dont think they showed enough barrell jumping though, or mountain dew logos, or drama this shit is balls
Kristi Yamaguchi
Rep: -17

Ignore
« Reply #838 on: March 07, 2012, 02:20:45 PM »

This contest is fucked but I'm not going to lie, the barrel jumping was kinda crazy. That seems super sketchy.
Narcissus
SLAP Pal
Rep: 279

Ignore
« Reply #839 on: March 07, 2012, 02:38:06 PM »

You guys are being way to harsh on Mikey. The 5-0 thing was lame for sure, but he isn't really focusing on the hood thing that much, he mentioned it at the beginning, and he mentioned it once with the board thing. He could be throwing it in people's faces and talking about how he does everything a certain way because of where he's from and this and that (and plenty of people do), but he really doesn't.
And talk shit on his video all you want, he's done some sick shit so far in the contest, his noseblunt on those banks, the noseslide down the sketchy indoor set rail, the gap to 5-0 actually was really gnarly, albeit kind of a biter move. It's not like he's terry Kennedy who was really terrible for the first 5 or so years of his career but got by on his image.

I came on to this thread though to refute the argument that it can only get worse from the coloring contest. That shit was boring, useless, and got in the way of skating. If the later challenges get worse than this they will probably be more offensive, and will have more of a trainwreck feel to them.

Also, anybody think these guys are probably less boring than they are shown to be, but that everybody becomes boring when forced to answer boring and stupid questions.

There's something weird goin' on in the drawing challenge. Obviously none of the judges have art history degrees, but Steve Rod has worked in advertising and 5Boro is always looking good, Lou puts paint on shoes and walks on things, you know he's up in dem art shows, look at that beard...Can't speak for Rodney's aesthetic sensibilities but he sometimes matches his hat and shoes which should be an automatic DQ...

Bottom line: All of that artwork was fucking unbelievably terrible and Mikey's was amongst the worst. He is clearly, whether on his own or at the behest of the producer, emphasizing the "hood-ness" that he embodies, which is a cheap trick at best. "Cops chasing people..." Cool, dude. Good job. The concept of the challenge is dumb as fuck anyway and it should not have been conducted in the first place, but shit, man, kids can't even write their own names legibly in 2011?
i saw my grandma bail off a 4 set once in my house and she even got up and came to red lobster after.
Quote from: The Kitten!
get wasted and pass out.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 51

Jump to: