Facebook Twitter MySpace YouTube

Forum Search   Advanced Search
September 19, 2014, 05:53:18 PM
Welcome, Guest.
Please login above or register.
News: OIAM!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46

Author Topic: Battle At The Berrics 5  (Read 86978 times)
The Muffin Man
Rep: -16

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: March 13, 2012, 11:48:46 PM »

Annnnd with 100% of precincts reporting, the BATB5 thread has officially been declared hijacked by cheap drinks that skaters like.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.
foureyedjim
SLAP Pal
Rep: 73

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: March 14, 2012, 03:35:31 AM »

YOU CAN'T DRINK LEAVES, DUMMY!

+

A tea isn't any less of a tea because it is mixed with something else, you dig?

Much love 2 my fellow AZ sippaz!

Well think of it this way, would you still consider something "tea" if it only contained 1% tea?  Obviously AZ tea isn't 1% tea but where you draw the line is really up to your discretion.  To me, if you're going to mix tea with all this other crap, I wouldn't be able to call it "tea" but I can consider it a sugary drink that "contains tea."  But the drink as a whole won't be "tea" to me.

Trust me, you'll quench your thirst better with just straight tea.  Please don't think of me as a health nut though, this is coming from the guy who practically worships welch's grape soda...

MMMMMMMMMMM
victor333

« Reply #512 on: March 14, 2012, 07:07:25 AM »

I used to drink Tradewinds green tea cans a bit; still too sweet for me, but:

http://www.drinktradewinds.com/products/diet-green-tea-with-honey/

Ingredients:
Real brewed tea (filtered water, green tea leaves), honey, citric acid, sucralose, sunnett (acesulfame potassium).

How bout Sweet Leaf tea. Let's see:

http://www.sweetleaftea.com/flavors/the+original+sweet+tea

Ingredients: FILTERED WATER, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, ORGANIC BLACK TEA, AND CITRIC ACID.

Point is: if there is real tea in there, it will say. I'm really sorry that some of you think you're actually drinking tea - which Arizona most certainly is not. Filtered water and sugar doesn't make it tea. Once again, it's TEA LEAVES that make it tea.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #513 on: March 14, 2012, 08:35:35 AM »

breh Arizona makes doesnt always make tea. all the watermelon, grape, strawberry kiwi type shit are fruit flavored DRINKS. Nobodys calling that shit "real" tea. THAT shit is most likely just water & sugar but their green tea and anything else that actually says TEA is fairly legit, as far as bottled tea can go. nobody's expecting the same 100% herbal shit you get from the chinese store when they pick up an arizona, therefore quit getting butthurt when people say that they like it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 10:45:29 AM by DaSk8D00D » Logged
victor333

« Reply #514 on: March 14, 2012, 11:15:40 AM »

breh Arizona makes doesnt always make tea. all the watermelon, grape, strawberry kiwi type shit are fruit flavored DRINKS. Nobodys calling that shit "real" tea. THAT shit is most likely just water & sugar but their green tea and anything else that actually says TEA is fairly legit, as far as bottled tea can go. nobody's expecting the same 100% herbal shit you get from the chinese store when they pick up an arizona, therefore quit getting butthurt when people say that they like it.

I posted the ingredients for Arizona green tea already. There was no tea in there.

Look up like one post with my post about Sweet Leaf and Tradewinds bottled teas - they actually contain real tea.

So, no, Arizona is not fairly legit.

And I'm not butthurt that people like it. I'm more or less baffled that people thought - and in your case, still do think - there was actual tea in Arizona, which there clearly is not (at least not out of any of the varieties that I looked up), and it IS just in fact sugar and water.

foureyedjim
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: March 14, 2012, 01:26:43 PM »

I used to drink Tradewinds green tea cans a bit; still too sweet for me, but:

http://www.drinktradewinds.com/products/diet-green-tea-with-honey/

Ingredients:
Real brewed tea (filtered water, green tea leaves), honey, citric acid, sucralose, sunnett (acesulfame potassium).

How bout Sweet Leaf tea. Let's see:

http://www.sweetleaftea.com/flavors/the+original+sweet+tea

Ingredients: FILTERED WATER, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, ORGANIC BLACK TEA, AND CITRIC ACID.

Point is: if there is real tea in there, it will say. I'm really sorry that some of you think you're actually drinking tea - which Arizona most certainly is not. Filtered water and sugar doesn't make it tea. Once again, it's TEA LEAVES that make it tea.

hm, now that I look back at the AZ green tea picture that was posted, the label said something along the lines of "Premium Brewed Green Tea using" : then a bunch of ingredients that isn't actually tea.  So basically they can call the end product "Green Tea" no matter what the ingredients actually are.

I think it's a similar situation to products that are labeled as "all natural," where it's just used as a means to sell their product rather than to actually inform the buyer of what's really in their food, because I know most "all natural" products contain things that are certainly not natural.  Same goes for "FDA approved" products.  I forget how it works, but when it comes down to it, you can always sway the FDA to bend the rules with money / politics.

Once again, it's not like AZ tea is going to kill you, but don't be surprised when people tell you that companies are keeping you in the dark about their products.  C.R.E.A.M.

BraveUlysses
SLAP Pal
Rep: 98
i'm tim

Ignore
« Reply #516 on: March 14, 2012, 01:35:48 PM »

Lipton green tea is tight too! Used to pick up these 24 packs at Sam's Club all the time.
ALT
SLAP Pal
Rep: 125

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: March 14, 2012, 02:38:22 PM »

This is all I drink in Europe.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #518 on: March 14, 2012, 03:23:19 PM »

Dog you looked up some shit on the web, and I have an actual jug in my possession. Did you not see the picture I posted? 100% natural tea w/ no preservatives or artficial flavors. Like I said not everything arizona puts out is a mucho mango fruit cocktail in a tall boy. My shit got the geishas on it nigga, we all natural over here. Lemme say it one more time just so you understand, NOT ALL ARIZONA DRINKS ARE THE SAME. The little article you found within 30 seconds on bing was clearly only talking about one kind of arizona drink, which were most likely the gas station fruit punch type shit. what I usually buy comes ina jug and only uses a few natural flavors like real honey, which im sure wasn't in your internet ingredients list. So yes bitch, I am drinking tea. I drink all that other arizona shit too tho. Watermelon & strawberry kiwi the best flavors IMO. Grape & mango are the shit as well
Kab
Rep: -38

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: March 14, 2012, 03:25:46 PM »

Dog you looked up some shit on the web, and I have an actual jug in my possession. Did you not see the picture I posted? 100% natural tea w/ no preservatives or artficial flavors. Like I said not everything arizona puts out is a mucho mango fruit cocktail in a tall boy. My shit got the geishas on it nigga, we all natural over here. Lemme say it one more time just so you understand, NOT ALL ARIZONA DRINKS ARE THE SAME. The little article you found within 30 seconds on bing was clearly only talking about one kind of arizona drink, which were most likely the gas station fruit punch type shit. what I usually buy comes ina jug and only uses a few natural flavors like real honey, which im sure wasn't in your internet ingredients list. So yes bitch, I am drinking tea. I drink all that other arizona shit too tho. Watermelon & strawberry kiwi the best flavors IMO. Grape & mango are the shit as well

Can you even buy all natural tea with food stamps?
Down by the river...
Wall of Nausea
Rep: -39

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: March 14, 2012, 03:33:50 PM »

can you buy a legitimate diss, bitch?

go read the turner diaries you fucking waste of skin.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:36:02 PM by Wall of Nausea » Logged
foureyedjim
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: March 14, 2012, 03:40:20 PM »

My shit got the geishas on it nigga, we all natural over here.

ahahah quote of the fucking day

But about the "100% natural tea" claim.
Practically anything can be labeled as "natural" or "all natural" as long as nothing is synthetic aka man made.  All the things you find in an Arizona green tea may be found in nature, but not all of it is found in green tea naturally.  

And like I said before, I doubt there's any regulation as to what can/can't be labeled "tea."  As long as the Arizona tea company wants to label their end product as "tea," they can (Even if none of the end product contains tea truly brewed from tea leaves).  Although to be honest I'm not too sure myself, but judging by the label, it truly seems that the arizona green tea you have is not actually green tea, but rather something they call "green tea"
DaSk8D00D

« Reply #522 on: March 14, 2012, 03:52:12 PM »

I ain't seen a food stamp since 98' nigga I got my money right! But forreal tho all your racist jokes suck. Theyre not creative nor humorous. You prolly the type of person who gets nervous whenever they walk past a black guy with a du-rag on. Tryna avoid eye contact n shit, lol

Practically anything can be labeled as "natural" or "all natural" as long as nothing is synthetic aka man made.  All the things you find in an Arizona green tea may be found in nature, but not all of it is found in green tea naturally. 

And like I said before, I doubt there's any regulation as to what can/can't be labeled "tea."  As long as the Arizona tea company wants to label their end product as "tea," they can (Even if none of the end product contains tea truly brewed from tea leaves).  Although to be honest I'm not too sure myself, but judging by the label, it truly seems that the arizona green tea you have is not actually green tea, but rather something they call "green tea"

Like I said the its gon be as legit as bottled tea can get and it doesn't taste like no brisk shit either, its noticeably thicker. I know a few asian niggas who be serious as fuck with their tea theyd prolly question everything in here lol. They be gettin those packets imported from overseas n shit, if anything THAT'S the real tea but hey, ill im cool with the arizona
foureyedjim
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: March 14, 2012, 04:22:20 PM »

I ain't seen a food stamp since 98' nigga I got my money right! But forreal tho all your racist jokes suck. Theyre not creative nor humorous. You prolly the type of person who gets nervous whenever they walk past a black guy with a du-rag on. Tryna avoid eye contact n shit, lol

Practically anything can be labeled as "natural" or "all natural" as long as nothing is synthetic aka man made.  All the things you find in an Arizona green tea may be found in nature, but not all of it is found in green tea naturally.  

And like I said before, I doubt there's any regulation as to what can/can't be labeled "tea."  As long as the Arizona tea company wants to label their end product as "tea," they can (Even if none of the end product contains tea truly brewed from tea leaves).  Although to be honest I'm not too sure myself, but judging by the label, it truly seems that the arizona green tea you have is not actually green tea, but rather something they call "green tea"

Like I said the its gon be as legit as bottled tea can get and it doesn't taste like no brisk shit either, its noticeably thicker. I know a few asian niggas who be serious as fuck with their tea theyd prolly question everything in here lol. They be gettin those packets imported from overseas n shit, if anything THAT'S the real tea but hey, ill im cool with the arizona

I completely disagree that AZ tea is "as legit as bottled tea can get," but you know, it doesn't really matter.  I don't blame you for not really giving a shit, since you're probably not that into tea like I am.   If you like it, you like it.  Even though you're wrong  Wink
Strike A Pose
Rep: -608
Get slapped!

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: March 14, 2012, 04:53:57 PM »

Lipton and Brisk contain phosphoric acid and coloring agents that taint the flavor.

AZ is the purist drank in its class!

+Certain flavors have a decent amount of vitamin C to hold u down!
BraveUlysses
SLAP Pal
Rep: 98
i'm tim

Ignore
« Reply #525 on: March 14, 2012, 05:00:30 PM »

DaSk8D00D the new profile pic is tight! That pic has always made me laugh my ass off.   
Kab
Rep: -38

Ignore
« Reply #526 on: March 14, 2012, 05:24:43 PM »

So what you mean is when I walk past a black guy I act like a black guy walking past a cop?
Down by the river...
DaSk8D00D

« Reply #527 on: March 14, 2012, 05:59:59 PM »

So what you mean is when I walk past a black guy I act like a black guy walking past a cop?

i can enjoy a good racist joke but naw yo shit has 0 creativity, isnt funny, and just makes you look ignorant as fuck. i just KNOW you the type who wouldnt say any of this shit in person, especially around "a big black guy"
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal
Rep: 823

« Reply #528 on: March 14, 2012, 06:03:07 PM »

Damn, that is trolling at it's worst.  Kab- pick a shitty cliche.  Either be the dumbass college freshman that just had his eyes opened by a Humanities class and it made him just so gosh darn angry or be the ignorant racist piece of shit.

You suck at both, but you have to pick one shitty cliche.  It's not fair to the other idiots who want to troll.
foureyedjim
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #529 on: March 14, 2012, 06:12:45 PM »

i can enjoy a good racist joke but naw yo shit has 0 creativity, isnt funny, and just makes you look ignorant as fuck. i just KNOW you the type who wouldnt say any of this shit in person, especially around "a big black guy"

He'll say it over xbox live though.  how about that huh?
ice nine
SLAP Pal
Rep: 323

Ignore
« Reply #530 on: March 14, 2012, 06:19:47 PM »

Do you love dask8dood kab?why would you try and make him look good by saying racist shit when there's a million legitimate reasons to bring up why he is terrible?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here
no fun
Rep: 31

Ignore
« Reply #531 on: March 15, 2012, 12:55:41 AM »

^
that and the cranberry iced tea are the best
Put on a helmet and some pads and start doing some real shit.
victor333

« Reply #532 on: March 15, 2012, 12:55:53 AM »

Practically anything can be labeled as "natural" or "all natural" as long as nothing is synthetic aka man made.� All the things you find in an Arizona green tea may be found in nature, but not all of it is found in green tea naturally.�

And like I said before, I doubt there's any regulation as to what can/can't be labeled "tea."� As long as the Arizona tea company wants to label their end product as "tea," they can (Even if none of the end product contains tea truly brewed from tea leaves).� Although to be honest I'm not too sure myself, but judging by the label, it truly seems that the arizona green tea you have is not actually green tea, but rather something they call "green tea"

Give me your address.

I will personally mail you a box of bottled teas that use actual tea. Ya know, like, water that's been heated up with actual tea leaves in it?

Really. I'm sure you'll find quite quickly that AZ is not the pinnacle of bottled teas...

Note:

When a product says 'All Natural', yes, that means none of it is man-made. Same with USDA certified organic - there is a strict set of guidelines; there can be no bending of the rules.

However, natural doesn't mean it's good for you. Sugar is natural. And while natural cane sugar is indeed superior to, say, splenda, it is still not advised to overindulge in sugar.

So, sk8dood, you have water, natural sugar-type substance, maybe some citric acid and honey...and the AZ marketing team decides to call it tea. I guess it sells better than calling it "drink". Whatever anyone wants to call it, there is no way in hell someone with even a handful of braincells will call it "tea".

I'm not your mom, and I truthfully don't care what you drink. I just merely advise you to broaden your horizons and maybe drink something that your body may enjoy a little more.

Andrew Reynolds eats fruits.
Monty Burns
SLAP Pal
Rep: 0
Release the hounds

Ignore
« Reply #533 on: March 15, 2012, 01:09:37 AM »

This is great , was gonna post here to say I havent been followin BATB5 , just got played out abit ? or idk .

And seems nobody ells does either , I havent checked the other 17 pages but I imagine its all Tea related !

if you want tea , go support a nice teashop , buy some nice stuff and notice the diffrence !
Bubblegum Tate
SLAP Pal
Rep: -866
Slap's Resident Sneakerhead

Ignore
« Reply #534 on: March 15, 2012, 01:13:11 AM »

Lipton green tea is tight too! Used to pick up these 24 packs at Sam's Club all the time.

same here, but i get mine from Costco. There is two near me in 5 mile radius
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me
foureyedjim
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #535 on: March 15, 2012, 01:56:29 AM »

When a product says 'All Natural', yes, that means none of it is man-made. Same with USDA certified organic - there is a strict set of guidelines; there can be no bending of the rules.

However, natural doesn't mean it's good for you. Sugar is natural. And while natural cane sugar is indeed superior to, say, splenda, it is still not advised to overindulge in sugar.

So, sk8dood, you have water, natural sugar-type substance, maybe some citric acid and honey...and the AZ marketing team decides to call it tea. I guess it sells better than calling it "drink". Whatever anyone wants to call it, there is no way in hell someone with even a handful of braincells will call it "tea"

I'm not your mom, and I truthfully don't care what you drink. I just merely advise you to broaden your horizons and maybe drink something that your body may enjoy a little more.

Andrew Reynolds eats fruits.

To Arizona / the FDA, it's not considered "bending the rules," but to me, it's bending the rules of ethics somewhat.  But of course, in the business world...fuck ethics haha

At the same time though, I don't blame people for believing that AZ tea is truly real tea.  labels can be confusing to people who don't have the energy to really do any research on it.

I think victor posted a link to sweet leaf earlier.  They make some pretty good bottle tea, although I like freshly brewed tea the best  Grin
The Muffin Man
Rep: -16

Ignore
« Reply #536 on: March 15, 2012, 06:32:43 AM »

Grape drink seems to sell just fine...

Being short is the motorcycle of life.
via
SLAP Pal
Rep: 165

Ignore
« Reply #537 on: March 15, 2012, 01:57:39 PM »

The term "all natural" is mostly bullshit, the definition is in no way strict or even clearly defined. The last revamped official definition of the term for the industry was set back in the 80's. It really just rules out synthetics and food coloring. High fructose corn syrup is FDA "all natural" approved, despite the fact it is created in a lab.

"The two standard high-fructose corn syrups sold today are 42 percent or 55 percent, meaning that 42 percent or 55 percent of the glucose has been chemically altered. The most commonly used in commercial production today is 42 percent and measures about 120 on the sweetness scale.?

Monsanto says it's good, so it must be!
foureyedjim
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #538 on: March 15, 2012, 03:53:03 PM »

The term "all natural" is mostly bullshit, the definition is in no way strict or even clearly defined. The last revamped official definition of the term for the industry was set back in the 80's. It really just rules out synthetics and food coloring. High fructose corn syrup is FDA "all natural" approved, despite the fact it is created in a lab.

"The two standard high-fructose corn syrups sold today are 42 percent or 55 percent, meaning that 42 percent or 55 percent of the glucose has been chemically altered. The most commonly used in commercial production today is 42 percent and measures about 120 on the sweetness scale.?

Monsanto says it's good, so it must be!

Exactly!  I have no qualms with people who just don't care about being as healthy as possible (it gets pretty expensive), but please don't go around telling people AZ diet green tea is healthy...hah
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:55:39 PM by foureyedjim » Logged
Strike A Pose
Rep: -608
Get slapped!

Ignore
« Reply #539 on: March 15, 2012, 04:31:23 PM »

High fructose corn syrup isn't any worse than 'regular' sugar.

+a lot of things can be unhealthy when taken in excess. I mean, you can die from drinking too much water, so who gives a fuck.

Po' a JUG and lets rock!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 46

Jump to: