Facebook Twitter MySpace YouTube

Forum Search   Advanced Search
July 30, 2014, 05:16:53 PM
Welcome, Guest.
Please login above or register.
News: OIAM!

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46

Author Topic: Battle At The Berrics 5  (Read 84664 times)
Made In China
SLAP Pal
Rep: -60

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: March 15, 2012, 04:34:38 PM »

damn slap can really hate on anything
foureyedjim
SLAP Pal
Rep: 63

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: March 15, 2012, 04:48:58 PM »

High fructose corn syrup isn't any worse than 'regular' sugar.

Most likely, but at the same time, how much of that shit is in most iced teas?  I don't put anything in my tea, but that's just my preference.  I think the problem with bottled tea is you don't really get an idea of what's in what you drink.  With self brewed tea, you can see for yourself how much sweetener you're putting into your tea.  I'm not some loony conspiracy theorist, but I pretty much distrust anything processed (even though I'll indulge in them)

It reminds me of when I tried to make milk coffee.  There are these canned japanese ones that I wanted to mimic.  It kind of grossed me out how much sugar I had to add just to get close to the level of sweetness the canned milk coffee had. 
DaSk8D00D

« Reply #542 on: March 15, 2012, 05:25:20 PM »

I never said that shit was neccisarily "healty" but it isn't exactly sugar water with a ton of corn syrup either. I may have been wrong saying that shit was as legit as bottled tea can get but I ain't exactly a tea conisoiur either so fuck that statement. All im sayin is victor hoe ass needa stop hatin on all the good shit, that's really all this boils down to. After smearing his bitchassness all over my ramen noodle thread I just couldn't let the misformed AZ slander slide.
Gay Imp Sausage Metal
Rep: -30

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: March 15, 2012, 06:21:22 PM »

LOL @ arguing about tea Cheesy
WWBD (what would berra drink)?
Probably A Robot
Rep: 28
I try to make everyone's day a little more surreal

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: March 15, 2012, 07:18:56 PM »

The dangers of high fructose corn syrup pale in comparison to those of actually discussing BATB5. So please, for the love of god, keep bickering!
s.t.r.e.e.t.s. - skateboarding totally rules everything else totally sucks
jimi
SLAP Pal
Rep: -24
I have desire to do the kickflip.

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: March 15, 2012, 07:31:07 PM »

LOL @ arguing about tea Cheesy
WWBD (what would berra drink)?
Well Berra already drank the metaphorical cup of Scientologist Kool-Aid... 
It's sickening that you're a black person.
victor333

« Reply #546 on: March 15, 2012, 07:46:29 PM »

I never said that shit was neccisarily "healty" but it isn't exactly sugar water with a ton of corn syrup either. I may have been wrong saying that shit was as legit as bottled tea can get but I ain't exactly a tea conisoiur either so fuck that statement. All im sayin is victor hoe ass needa stop hatin on all the good shit, that's really all this boils down to. After smearing his bitchassness all over my ramen noodle thread I just couldn't let the misformed AZ slander slide.

haha. The only one who was misinformed on the whole thing was you.

Everything I've said about AZ was completely true:

-it's not tea
-it's not healthy
-it's loaded with sugar

Any ingredient lists I posted were legitimate; I don't even see how you have a case against me.

You should have just said, "ya know what, dudeee? Like, dat AZ shit aint real tea, it's some bullshit canned sugar-water drank, son. But, ya know, I still drink dat shit by the pitcher, cause I don't give a fuck. Fuck Reynolds and his fruit brigade."

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #547 on: March 15, 2012, 08:08:38 PM »

-it's not tea
-it's not healthy
-it's loaded with sugar

Any ingredient lists I posted were legitimate; I don't even see how you have a case against me.

You should have just said, "ya know what, dudeee? Like, dat AZ shit aint real tea, it's some bullshit canned sugar-water drank, son. But, ya know, I still drink dat shit by the pitcher, cause I don't give a fuck. Fuck Reynolds and his fruit brigade."

maybe they were legitimate...for ONE drink. i actually posted a REAL picture that I took of the ingredients and they were different than yours which proves my point, THEY ARENT ALL THE SAME. fuck you for hating on my favorite 0 calorie, antioxidant filled drink. me & my geisha bitches dont appreciate that shit. and dont you ever....EVER tell me what i "should" say. i would rather go mute
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:23:12 PM by DaSk8D00D » Logged
foureyedjim
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: March 15, 2012, 09:15:35 PM »

-it's not tea
-it's not healthy
-it's loaded with sugar

maybe they were legitimate...for ONE drink. i actually posted a REAL picture that I took of the ingredients and they were different than yours which proves my point, THEY ARENT ALL THE SAME. fuck you for hating on my favorite 0 calorie, antioxidant filled drink. me & my geisha bitches dont appreciate that shit. and dont you ever....EVER tell me what i "should" say. i would rather go mute

If you go back to the picture though, you have to pay attention to the wording:

Ingredients: Premium brewed Green Tea USING...[ingredients which do not include tea itself].

I'm pretty sure the wording there is vague on purpose so to someone who takes a quick glance at it, it may seem like it is real green tea, but to me, the label translates to

"Ingredients: A drink we arbitrarily call 'green tea' using a mixture of ingredients that mimics the taste and look of green tea."

Think of it this way: if it were truly green tea, what would be the harm in adding one more ingredient onto the list?  tea/tea leaves aren't on there because legally they can't if there isn't any in there.  So they use a convenient loophole by labeling the end product as green tea.  Why?  Because legally they're allowed to. 

By the way, even if there are antioxidants in bottle tea, there is significantly less in there than actual tea (I'm almost positive the amount of antioxidants in AZ tea are negligible.  They only have enough to be able to put that on the label).
via
SLAP Pal
Rep: 164

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: March 15, 2012, 10:17:33 PM »

http://www.drinkarizona.com/productcart/pc/viewcontent.asp?idpage=1

DO THEY USE TEA LEAVES WHEN THEY BREW THE TEA?
Yes, we use tea leaves to brew the tea.

So unless they are blatantly lying on their website, they do brew with tea leaves.

They do, however, use HFCS in all of their products, as well as splenda and sucralose (artificial sweetener),  sucralose especially in their diet green tea.

So it is not "all natural". And only a little more healthy than drinking a coke. But it is tea.

Discuss.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:19:31 PM by via » Logged
foureyedjim
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: March 15, 2012, 10:27:07 PM »

So unless they are blatantly lying on their website, they do brew with tea leaves.

They do, however, use HFCS in all of their products, as well as splenda and sucralose (artificial sweetener),  sucralose especially in their diet green tea.

So it is not "all natural". And only a little more healthy than drinking a coke. But it is tea.

Discuss.

I would rather have real sugar, but that's not a big deal since I don't drink sugary stuff that often anymore.

And yeah, if it's on their website, they wouldn't lie (I would assume haha)
Although by taste, I don't know how much of the AZ tea is made up of tea brewed from leaves.
You can technically brew a tiny bit of water with one leaf of green tea and be able to say "yes, we brew our tea using tea leaves" (although I doubt they would go through all that trouble just to fuck with us haha). 

Point is, no matter what, their green tea does not really taste like green tea to me.  If you dilute a teaspoon of gatorade with 2 gallons of water, is it still really gatorade?

« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 10:33:33 PM by foureyedjim » Logged
Da Worst
Rep: -6

Ignore
« Reply #551 on: March 15, 2012, 11:37:13 PM »

this arguement about tea is better than batb
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:49:31 PM by Da Worst » Logged
DaSk8D00D

« Reply #552 on: March 16, 2012, 12:10:32 AM »

Discuss.

fucking THANK YOU man. ayo vic! didnt you say its just sugar water & corn syrup? that they really dont use tea leaves? and that everything you said about it was true? awwwww ok then...thats what the fuck i thought.  ahhhhh the sweet taste of a SLAP victory! almost better than my diet Arizona green tea, but not quite  Wink
foureyedjim
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: March 16, 2012, 12:25:06 AM »

Discuss.

fucking THANK YOU man. ayo vic! didnt you say its just sugar water & corn syrup? that they really dont use tea leaves? and that everything you said about it was true? awwwww ok then...thats what the fuck i thought.  ahhhhh the sweet taste of a SLAP victory! almost better than my diet Arizona green tea, but not quite  Wink

there is no comparison to the sweetness of Arizona tea (it's too sweet haha)

But yes, this is why I never deny the possibility of being wrong unless I'm absolutely sure I'm right.  Because being proven you're wrong is the worst feeling  Tongue
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 12:28:17 AM by foureyedjim » Logged
Eschaton
SLAP Pal
Rep: -46
D?ner Macht Sch?ner

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: March 16, 2012, 09:01:53 AM »

It warms my heart to see that all this arguing is not about BATB.
FART BOY
Rep: 11

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: March 16, 2012, 08:06:10 PM »

Arizona sucks. I mean, it's ok if you're into just drinking sugar water, but there isn't a single tea leaf in the tea, and the rest is just corn syrup. Super overrated. People think they're getting a bargain by getting a tall can for a dollar. Jokes on you, bro, it's just water and sugar.

On the topic of sponsorships, I'll let most kooky sponsorships slide because:

a) I think being a pro skater is one of the hardest jobs in sports. Think of how many people are in the NBA, MLB, NFL etc. and now look how many pro skaters there are. Now look how many pro skaters make more than 100k. All the "real" athletes start out at a few hundred grand. minimum. I think skaters earn their pay and then some

b) It sucks to think that our favorite pros can be out of the industry and working shitty jobs just to keep the lights on. Wasn't Heath delivering pizza at one point? Most of these guys don't go to college, and a good number of them don't even finish high school. But they found something they love and they're talented at. If they want to leach some corporate asshole's money just by putting a patch on their hat, I say fuck it, and get that money.

"Ingredients: premium brewed green tea using filtered water"

^As seen on a can of AZ Green Tea with ginseng and honey

I love when people make claims with no factual evidence to support them!

i have a bottle of that same tea in my hands right now "100% natural tea, no preservatives, no artificial color or flavor. sweetened with splenda"

how much you wanna bet victor'll say some shit like "oh you believe everything on a label?" and expect us to believe him & his hater-aid influenced statements.

"Premium brewed green tea using filtered water, high fructose corn syrup, honey, citric acid, natural flavors, ginseng extract, ascorbic acid."

Come on, dudes...really? You can't read a label? No evidence? The evidence is right in front of your face.

THERE'S NO TEA IN THERE

and you think because high fructose corn syrup is natural, that it's healthy? You are seriously bonkers. B-a-n-a-n-a-n-a-n-a-n-a-s

you probably think splenda is healthy, too  Roll Eyes

Before you try to put me on blast, you should really educate yourself

PLEASE just shut the fuck up for once

How do you know there's no tea in it? Did you go down to the Arizona plant and inspect all of their ingredients?
masquared
Rep: -1

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: March 16, 2012, 09:34:00 PM »

Fuck tea my nigga.
Strike A Pose
Rep: -608
Get slapped!

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: March 17, 2012, 01:06:12 AM »

Discuss.

WORD THE FUCK UP!

FUCK VICTOR! THAT KID IS A LITTLE BITCH WITH ZERO SWAGG (OR TEA SIPPIN' KNOWLEDGE!)

PO' A JUGG!
foureyedjim
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: March 17, 2012, 01:10:10 AM »

Discuss.

WORD THE FUCK UP!

FUCK VICTOR! THAT KID IS A LITTLE BITCH WITH ZERO SWAGG (OR TEA SIPPIN' KNOWLEDGE!)

PO' A JUGG!

haha

but foreal though, if you ever find yourself with extra cash and you don't know what to do with it, buy some nice tea.  Can't guarantee you'll like it, but you'll notice the difference.
Strike A Pose
Get slapped!

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: March 17, 2012, 01:19:13 AM »

Discuss.

WORD THE FUCK UP!

PO' A JUGG!

haha

but foreal though, if you ever find yourself with extra cash and you don't know what to do with it, buy some nice tea.  Can't guarantee you'll like it, but you'll notice the difference.

I'm not saying that your recommendation isn't respected, but what if I just like AZ?

I know its not a health product by any means, or the greatest tea on the market, but pound for pound, it has a value that is hard to match.

Some AZ products do contain VYDAMINZ, and while the sugar isn't good for you, it isn't ALL bad.

Sippin' on a MuchoMango, which has 50% vitamin C per serving(might be 25, can't remember) is much better than downing a can of soda that has zero nutritional value.

U dig!

"PO' A JUGG"
foureyedjim
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: March 17, 2012, 01:21:21 AM »

Discuss.

WORD THE FUCK UP!

PO' A JUGG!

haha

I'm not saying that your recommendation isn't respected, but what if I just like AZ?

I know its not a health product by any means, or the greatest tea on the market, but pound for pound, it has a value that is hard to match.

Some AZ products do contain VYDAMINZ, and while the sugar isn't good for you, it isn't ALL bad.

Sippin' on a MuchoMango, which has 50% vitamin C per serving(might be 25, can't remember) is much better than downing a can of soda that has zero nutritional value.

U dig!

"PO' A JUGG"

haha that's funny because even though 90% of my diet is pretty healthy, the other 10% is just full on junk (for when I really don't give a shit).  Mcdonalds, grape soda...all that shit...

so yeah, I hear ya haha
Strike A Pose
Get slapped!

Ignore
« Reply #561 on: March 17, 2012, 01:30:20 AM »

I don't want to spend too much time dropping jewels in here, but I stay sipping on the AZ rx energy herbal tonic, and that joint contains 100% vydaminn C per serving, 25% vydamin E, and 25% vydamin A per serving.

It does have a considerable amount of caffeine in it, at 30mg per 8 oz, but caffeine in moderation isn't going to destroy you, and the beneficial elements outweigh the negative aspects.

SIP IT!

foureyedjim
SLAP Pal

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: March 17, 2012, 01:49:48 AM »

I don't want to spend too much time dropping jewels in here, but I stay sipping on the AZ rx energy herbal tonic, and that joint contains 100% vydaminn C per serving, 25% vydamin E, and 25% vydamin A per serving.

It does have a considerable amount of caffeine in it, at 30mg per 8 oz, but caffeine in moderation isn't going to destroy you, and the beneficial elements outweigh the negative aspects.

SIP IT!

honestly, don't let the "healthy" aspects of most food / drink products lure you into buying it.  Know what you consume, but for the most part, eat what satisfies you.  A lot of people want to have it all: healthy foods with the same taste as the junk they want to eat.  So companies capitalize on this by creating products where the labels legally over exaggerate  the health benefits of their product, so I wouldn't be too sure about the "benefits outweighing the negatives" claim either.  Just because there are vitamins in a 200 calorie juice from concentrate doesn't make it healthy.

But like I said, it really only matters to the extent that you care about.  I'm pretty sure AZ tea is okay once in a while, and is most likely more nutritious than a soda haha
BURRRPRINT
SLAP Pal
Rep: 43

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: March 17, 2012, 03:58:19 AM »

Jimmy Carlin will bring the heat.
Shits should be next level.
lampshade

Ignore
« Reply #564 on: March 17, 2012, 05:06:24 AM »

I just saw that First Try Fridays was with "Steezus Christ and Moose."  That would be a great name for a buddy cop show.
labia

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: March 17, 2012, 07:05:04 AM »

had an amazing thread hijack going one and...
YOU BLEW IT!!!!! Small | Large
via
SLAP Pal
Rep: 164

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: March 17, 2012, 07:11:01 AM »

Really though, when I'm grabbing tea at the store, I go this route. Too good.
Eschaton
SLAP Pal
Rep: -46
D?ner Macht Sch?ner

Ignore
« Reply #567 on: March 17, 2012, 07:13:54 AM »

At my local Acme they are having a contest drawing for an Honest Tea Skateboard. They didn't have a picture of the deck unfortunately. I should enter that shit.
BURRRPRINT
SLAP Pal
Rep: 43

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: March 17, 2012, 07:25:08 AM »

had an amazing thread hijack going one and...
YOU BLEW IT!!!!!

Nope, it's all good. The hijack is still going on.  Wink
trannies and mannies
SLAP Pal
Rep: 24
let me take you on a vacation.

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: March 17, 2012, 08:21:42 AM »

Whenever im at Wawa i usually pick up a half gallon of their iced tea. Im aware its not good for me, butt fuck it, im not one of those health food nazis
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 46

Jump to: