Facebook Twitter MySpace YouTube

Forum Search   Advanced Search
September 01, 2014, 08:16:58 PM
Welcome, Guest.
Please login above or register.
News: OIAM!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: This Ain't California - Doc on skating in 80s East Germany  (Read 618 times)
svilleantigo
Rep: 47
choke game championship dynasty 1994-97

Ignore
« on: February 22, 2012, 02:23:39 PM »

Not sure if this should maybe go into Photos/Video, but oh well.. there appears to be some dude making a documentary on the skate scene in Soviet-era East Germany. From what I can gather from the trailer, there's a lot of cool footage in there, and it seems like it might be a decent watch. They're trying to crowd-source the rest of the funding to get it released, so be a dear and chip in a tenner to make up for all those Youtube watches/pirated DVD rip downloads. Or don't, and look forward to watching it anyway.

"THIS AIN'T CALIFORNIA "- Teaser. Skateboarding in the GDR

http://www.thisaintcalifornia.de/en

a simple suppertime is about a dime of love
thepman
SLAP Pal
Rep: -108

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 03:36:45 PM »

this looks really good, had no idea there even any sort of a skate scene in east germany during the 80s, sick!
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit
steve
Rep: 45

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 03:45:24 PM »

wow. that looks like it's going to be a great documentary. authentic and alien to me, just what skating was when i first found out about it.
Bertie
Rep: 58

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 04:33:23 PM »

looks fantastic, would love to see it.
TomTom
SLAP Pal
Rep: 71

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 06:15:10 AM »

Not sure if this should maybe go into Photos/Video, but oh well.. there appears to be some dude making a documentary on the skate scene in Soviet-era East Germany. From what I can gather from the trailer, there's a lot of cool footage in there, and it seems like it might be a decent watch. They're trying to crowd-source the rest of the funding to get it released, so be a dear and chip in a tenner to make up for all those Youtube watches/pirated DVD rip downloads. Or don't, and look forward to watching it anyway.

"THIS AIN'T CALIFORNIA "- Teaser. Skateboarding in the GDR

http://www.thisaintcalifornia.de/en

It is kind of a mix of old shit and new stuff made to look old,.. none the less, it promises to be a good watch
ziggy
Rep: -49

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 06:57:29 AM »

I remember Sami Harithi etc in Powell 8
TomTom
SLAP Pal
Rep: 71

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 07:09:01 AM »

Sami Harithi - Powell "celebraty tropical fish"
McBrandt
Rep: -2

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 01:55:41 PM »

Celebrity Tropical Fish was such a great video. Hill's part is all time. I wish someone would put up a copy of Powell's "Play." That was good, too. My VHS copy is all fucked up.
GershonSweaty
Rep: -8

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 04:50:46 PM »

Reminds me of an old On Video article 'rockets to Russia' where they would glue hockey pucks together to make wheels.
Matze
SLAP Pal
Rep: 355

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 10:12:12 PM »

really looking forward to this ... the last documentaries about german skating were so fucking cheesy, unbelievable.
Pages: [1]

Jump to: