Facebook Twitter MySpace YouTube

Forum Search   Advanced Search
October 31, 2014, 07:11:10 PM
Welcome, Guest.
Please login above or register.
News: OIAM!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lil Wayne talks up 5boro, SPoT and mentions that we're still searching for....  (Read 2471 times)
Stanley Hol
Rep: -9

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 03:07:43 PM »

Quote from: Stanley Hol  link=topic=60758.msg1645697#msg1645697 date=1332283563
Quote from: Stanley Hol  link=topic=60758.msg1645005#msg1645005 date=1332202512
I'm over people deciding if he should be into skateboarding or not.  I can hate on him all day long for being a terrible rapper, but none of that matters since he announced he's building a park in New Orleans (hope he has someone decent design it!)

For real though- the only thing I took from this video is that he made me think of Mr. Rogers when he put on the glasses and the hat.  The product placement is hilarious too.

Say what you want man but Wayne isn't a 'terrible' rapper... If you don't like his style or you aren't into hip-hop then cool - I'm into mostly stuff that isn't hip-hop BUT that boy can rap and that's a fact.

Uh, yeah, actually I can totally say that.  It's way past not liking someone's style.  Ever since he started going off the top of his head and not writing shit down it's been beyond shitty.  People like his recent shit is simply because it's his.  It's analogous to the Emperor's New Clothes.

Man, the skate equivalent of that statement is that you're hating on a whole Pro career of an industry heavyweight cause you didn't like someones 'Off The Grid'... 

kinda. waynes been goin off the top for most of his career now. what it really is is that lazy ass hashtag flow, and the fact that mainstream america will hear the lamest lines and immediately dickride it. dudes just being lazy with his music really. he has a high QUANTITY but its taking away from his QUALITY. if you look at his career and music catalog as a whole, dudes a rap legend. if you look at wayne from the past 4-5 years however, he's seeming more and more like a "has been". at least to me anyway

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Fair comment...

Real Life.
HATE!
Administrator
SLAP Pal
Rep: 830

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 03:25:09 PM »

Quote from: Stanley Hol  link=topic=60758.msg1645697#msg1645697 date=1332283563
Quote from: Stanley Hol  link=topic=60758.msg1645005#msg1645005 date=1332202512
I'm over people deciding if he should be into skateboarding or not.  I can hate on him all day long for being a terrible rapper, but none of that matters since he announced he's building a park in New Orleans (hope he has someone decent design it!)

For real though- the only thing I took from this video is that he made me think of Mr. Rogers when he put on the glasses and the hat.  The product placement is hilarious too.

Say what you want man but Wayne isn't a 'terrible' rapper... If you don't like his style or you aren't into hip-hop then cool - I'm into mostly stuff that isn't hip-hop BUT that boy can rap and that's a fact.

Uh, yeah, actually I can totally say that.  It's way past not liking someone's style.  Ever since he started going off the top of his head and not writing shit down it's been beyond shitty.  People like his recent shit is simply because it's his.  It's analogous to the Emperor's New Clothes.

Man, the skate equivalent of that statement is that you're hating on a whole Pro career of an industry heavyweight cause you didn't like someones 'Off The Grid'... 

That's a shitty analogy.  I said he STARTED sucking when he went off the top of his head.  I didn't negate his career at all.  He is CURRENTLY a shitty rapper.

And dask8dood nailed it when he said mainstream America will dickride the fuck out of anything shitty.  Mainstream hip hop has been in steady regression for years.
thugnificent

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 06:24:00 AM »

nah, theres more good mainstream rappers out now then there has been in years, you really dont know what you are talking about at all
victor333

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 12:18:30 PM »

nah, theres more good mainstream rappers out now then there has been in years, you really dont know what you are talking about at all

really? list them. please.

thugnificent

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 01:01:14 PM »

Kendrick Lamar big krit j cole wale fabolous are a few. Your welcome
brianwilson
Rep: -37

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »

Just in case you didn't hear, the new 5boro video is out.
bbk
SLAP Pal
Rep: 11
Dopeness

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 01:40:27 PM »

Brandon Biebel - BATTLE COMMANDER (The Berrics) [HD]
bbk
SLAP Pal
Rep: 11
Dopeness

Ignore