Facebook Twitter MySpace YouTube

Forum Search   Advanced Search
January 19, 2017, 11:46:58 PM
Welcome, Guest.
Please login above or register.
News: OIAM!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Andy Dicker  (Read 572 times)
tkp
SLAP Pal
Rep: 71

Ignore
« on: January 14, 2017, 08:29:43 PM »

Not sure if any of you pals on here know Andy, but he took a bad slam last night skating in SF and has a pretty serious brain injury. There are updates being posted here:

https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/andydicker/journal

Most recent comment as of 8:00pm PST:

Scott Dicker - "FYI...They just took Andy down for another CATscan. Swelling is back. If necessary, he will go in for surgery right away."

Andy has been running the Element Skate Camp for quite some time now. He's one of the raddest people I've personally met through skateboarding. I saw him last night at The Growlery art gallery / house where he has been working on a show. He was in the highest spirits and as happy as could be. Such a bummer to hear about this today.

Hoping for the best.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 08:34:51 PM by tkp » Logged
patrick c.
Rep: 8

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 09:43:04 PM »

Really saddened to hear this.  I met Andy as a skatecamper around 08-09ish.  Like 5 years later him and some friends showed up at a park I was skating.  I didn't recognize him at all but I heard him shout my name and immediately knew it was Andy.  He not only remembered my name but was really eager to say what's up and chat.  Him and his friends tore up the park too.   Really hope he makes it through this.  TKP do you know if there's a Gofundme or anything to help with medical bills?
tkp
SLAP Pal
Rep: 71

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 09:49:23 PM »

Yep, Andy is sick.

Don't know of a GoFundMe.

California has a pretty amazing health insurance / care system in place, even more in SF.
The Mess
SLAP Pal
Rep: 56
please don't kill me jesse.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 12:03:12 PM »

Thanks for posting. So bummed to hear this. I met Andy at the camp last summer and his energy was just incredible. Get well soon Andy!
i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.
Pages: [1]

Jump to: