Author Topic: Skate 3 servers back on!  (Read 5729 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Skate 3 servers back on!
« on: June 06, 2018, 01:39:12 PM »
https://www.engadget.com/2018/06/06/ea-skate-3-servers-on/

E3 is Monday, new Skate game maybe? I'll be sure to drop by the EA booth if they have a hands on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONRu2M62fk8

Mista2x

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Skate 3 servers back on!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 02:00:29 PM »
Skate 4 and/or an enhanced XBONE version most likely.

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 02:02:16 PM »
can you play online with xbox one backward compatibility?
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 11:56:52 PM »
This could be the best thing to happen in years. Fuck EA, don't let us down.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/skate-3-servers-mysteriously-come-back-online-fuel/1100-6459448/
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 11:54:15 AM »
A remaster would be weak. People have been playing Skate 3 for 8 years and despite how many people still cling to it (myself included), everyone is also tired of it and yearning for something new. A new Skate might actually make me cry tears of joy

redcurb12

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 12:02:08 PM »
bring back fabio!
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 12:31:58 PM »
A remaster would be weak. People have been playing Skate 3 for 8 years and despite how many people still cling to it (myself included), everyone is also tired of it and yearning for something new. A new Skate might actually make me cry tears of joy

Exactly. I'm tired of playing on the same spots and want a new map already. But if they do remaster it perhaps it'll finally come to PC and at least then modders can make the game more interesting.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 03:16:36 PM »
EA has turned into the worst game company of all time, if they do skate 4 it's going to suck.
It would be great to see rockstar, a company who actually produce finished games get back on a thrasher skate and destroy 2 or something. EA is going to be a shell for 80$ and 60% of the missing game divided in 15 DLC, and even then it will be botched.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 06:14:38 PM »
If they made Skate 4 basically the same as the others with better graphics and a new city I would gladly pay full price for it day one.

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 06:18:38 PM »
skate 4 could be the EA e3 announcement no one saw coming but its still asking alot from them considering h0w trash theyve been lately

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 08:21:37 PM »

OFFICIAL GAME LEAK

redcurb12

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2018, 08:43:22 PM »
EA has turned into the worst game company of all time, if they do skate 4 it's going to suck.
It would be great to see rockstar, a company who actually produce finished games get back on a thrasher skate and destroy 2 or something. EA is going to be a shell for 80$ and 60% of the missing game divided in 15 DLC, and even then it will be botched.
i hate that you're right

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 04:40:02 AM »
even if they do create skate 4 i think itd be a step away from previous iterations given that blackbox shut down

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 800
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 06:53:07 AM »
Anyone know if the site for the graphics generator is back up?

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 10:22:56 AM »
I'm cautiously optimistic.  Living in Michigan, Skate 3 (and NBA2K) helps get me through the rough winters, although I end up gaining 10-15lbs before I can actually skate again.  As a non-gamer, when is E3?

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 01:21:04 PM »
We get a Skate 4, BUT, all the boards are Revive and all the shoes are AirSpeed...how u feel?
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2018, 07:15:32 PM »
I'd think that'd be hilarious and I would feel fine.

does anyone  actualy care about the brands in the game? or the skaters? My 11 year old self thought it was cool Rodney Mullen was in Tony Hawk 4 but honestly I could not care less nowadays.

parafrasing/ butchering collin fiske

fingerboardingea skate is important to keep the brain functioning in the drab time

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2018, 03:28:57 PM »
welp skate 4 isnt happening EA announced their new ea origin access program for PC and its supposed to have 100 old EA games so thats probably be where Skate 3 is gonna be

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2018, 03:47:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Exactly. I'm tired of playing on the same spots and want a new map already. But if they do remaster it perhaps it'll finally come to PC and at least then modders can make the game more interesting.
They could pull a Bethesda and give us the Skyrim treatment and just remaster Skate 3 and whore it out to every gaming system.

EA did apply for a trademark back in February so I think it may be for Skate 4

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2018, 08:34:44 AM »
I'm cautiously optimistic.  Living in Michigan, Skate 3 (and NBA2K) helps get me through the rough winters, although I end up gaining 10-15lbs before I can actually skate again.  As a non-gamer, when is E3?

E3 is This coming Tues-Thurs, I'll be attending for work -hopefully, they have a playable if they announce something new in the franchise; the 'EA Play'conference already happened with no announcement for S4 (but that doesn't mean there won't be one); I'm expecting a re-mastered/BC edition.

As for EA and biz practices, they've done an about-face after the SW:BF II Loot boxes.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2018, 09:21:40 AM »
Rockstar is a company trying to blow mind with their games. And of course they're making a ton of money.
EA goes for the quick buck, they just try to find more ways to milk consumers out of half developed games.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2018, 02:28:32 AM »
With all this DLC, micro transaction and season pass garbage, I'm better off with no new game.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2018, 06:18:19 AM »
Still play skate 3, I like how you create 4 other "team" members. My team is Heath, Oyola, Wade Speyer, and Lennie Kirk. Still psyched on that

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2018, 08:11:56 PM »
Still play skate 3 it’s the best when your not out skating. Can’t believe the servers are working?? I heard there’s suppose to be some new game project session coming out? But EA is shit they use the same game and just change the accessories ie Fifa but it’s still dope

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2018, 09:24:23 PM »
I get people want a Skate 4 and I'm sure it will happen, but wont the problem be that once they make Skate 4 people are going to want a Skate 5 and it will be on ongoing cycle of wanting another new one.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2018, 04:31:52 AM »
Still play skate 3, I like how you create 4 other "team" members. My team is Heath, Oyola, Wade Speyer, and Lennie Kirk. Still psyched on that

my team had Riff Raff, Todd Falcon, Larry David and Les Gold from pawn stars. i liked shooting the ad photos and how they could be of anything, even non skating. Larry had his ad fighting with a citizen and Todd Falcon's was shot in a suburban driveway. it kinda sucked that you couldnt re-view them after you shoot and select the photo, at least as far as i was aware

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2018, 04:03:21 PM »
interesting video about blackbox studios demise and the skate series

http://youtu.be/3cX7wisSiWI