Author Topic: For those who don’t shop from core skate shops: Why?  (Read 10720 times)

cricketclub

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
Re: For those who don’t shop from core skate shops: Why?
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2019, 12:36:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
im generally looking for something specific
[close]

This is me. Nothing worse than just buying something at your local shop when you know you would have gotten something more suited to you tastes online. That has happened to me at my local a few times, usually with shoes. I just make sure to bug my shop owner all the time to get the stuff I like and it works. Stocking GR dunks again and it works out for him since they still sell out crazy fast.
[close]

Yeah I hear that. My shoe always sells out fast.

Luckily they let me know when they come in. I'm following the upcoming dunks so I know about when they should show up and it works out.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

my burner is my main

• Rep: 2
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2019, 01:40:01 AM »
How does cool guying actually go down, what's the basic technique? I've never experienced it personally, but it keeps coming up in topics about local/core shops. I'm def not cool enough to not be cool guy'd, so maybe I've just gotten lucky.
It don't mean sheeeit

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2019, 04:08:26 AM »
How does cool guying actually go down, what's the basic technique? I've never experienced it personally, but it keeps coming up in topics about local/core shops. I'm def not cool enough to not be cool guy'd, so maybe I've just gotten lucky.

Sounds like you and aren’t insecure and don’t give a fuck about small minded opinions of you. Either that or your town is pretty frickin pleasant. Either way you are doin it right.

Basically cool guying involves being pretentious and dismissive of others. Something everyone should grow out of at some point.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 04:10:11 AM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2019, 04:39:28 AM »
Reading through this always makes my realize how lucky I am. I try to buy as much of my gear as possible through 35thNorth and BlackMarket. I tend to hit 35thNorth more often because of its location. The owner Tony is also one of the most awesome dudes ever. I had a conversation with him when it came to wanting specific skate gear and he was really cool about it. He was honest and just told me I was better off ordering from a place like tactics if I wanted something very specific. So if I do order shit online I go with Tactics since they’re based in Portland area and I’ve met a few skaters who worked there.

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2019, 06:12:27 AM »
I walked into a local last night to buy some grip and it wasn't so much being vibed directly as it was just awful customer service. I think that's more often than not the case - customer service just isn't stressed in most locals.

bestdudever

• Rep: -14
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2019, 11:27:30 PM »
i dont cause people sponced by the shop or rich idiots leave decks at the park after a session or two with it. truck pieces too. i buy wheels n bearings though.

on shoes, i dont wear skate shoes.