Author Topic: Non-skate insoles  (Read 3284 times)

swagdragon123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
Non-skate insoles
« on: June 07, 2018, 11:59:59 AM »
I bought some sneakers recently and was wondering what recommendations you guys had for insoles. They don't necessarily have to be for skating. Just in general, what's the best insole for comfort?

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Non-skate insoles
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 12:03:34 PM »
I like ortholite for shoes with a midsole and Footprint elites for shoes without a midsole.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 03:08:20 PM »
I bought some sneakers recently and was wondering what recommendations you guys had for insoles. They don't necessarily have to be for skating. Just in general, what's the best insole for comfort?

fp gamechangers are perfect if they fit. what sneakers?

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 06:06:54 PM »
Dr. scholl's Work Insoles are not bad.

I've been recycling OG Nike SB insoles (Angus, E-Cue, Dunk, etc.) for skating.

I liked Footfix insoles for hiking boots (they used to be the In-house brand for EMS before they stocked nothing but that Superfeet bullshit). They might be dead.

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 12:39:36 PM »
do you have a store in your town dedicated to running? I don't mean the running shoe section of DICKS, I mean a specialty type shop. Pop in and talk to someone there, chances are they'll have you take your shoes off and walk around in your socks so they can see if you have any issues with pronation etc...I bet they could get you into a nice insole

GardenSkater77

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 03:04:04 PM »
https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals/flex

3 different thicknesses. I use them for all my shoes now. Improves posture and helps with lower back pain. Word.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 05:29:15 PM »
Non-Skate:
Dr. Scholls runner
Skate:
FP Game changers
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 01:12:39 PM »
Not sure about non skate ones but I got a pair of FP king foams and they're pretty damn comfy after you get used to them. Might just have to shell out the extra cash for some game changers soon after the king foams are done.

SpankerChief

• Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 06:08:17 PM »
Bump this thread for a bit. What’s a footprint insole fore arch’s and big feet?
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 09:42:14 AM »

I don't think foot size has anything to do with it. I have low arches and hate shoes with a high arch. Footprint kf are good for me because they are flat. If you like high arch a kf might not help but game changers might.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2019, 09:50:35 AM »
https://www.drscholls.com/products/pain-relief/custom-fit-orthotic-inserts/
These are expensive but I love them and they def help my foot pain throughout the day and I use them in most of my skate shoes on top of the normal insole.
I can also give you tips on how to get them for free from a major chain retailer called Walma
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

SpankerChief

• Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2019, 02:34:37 PM »
These are expensive but I love them and they def help my foot pain throughout the day and I use them in most of my skate shoes on top of the normal insole.
I can also give you tips on how to get them for free from a major chain retailer called Walma

What’s the scam from Walma?
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2019, 02:41:21 PM »
fp game changers are working wonders for me... skating and walking. I even wear them if i'm at the gym or shooting hoops at the court. low-mid arch here
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2019, 09:22:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What’s the scam from Walma?
take a razor blade and wire cutters and clip the packaging open and ditch the outer plastic box and pocket the insoles.
Make sure no cameras around.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 09:30:52 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

baustin

• Rep: 115
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2019, 09:37:43 AM »

Stacking insoles seems like a recipe for instability and ankle rolls, I wouldn't do it. Anyway I like the arch support of FP gamechangers, they really seem to help take the stress of skating/standing long periods of time off the heel and forefoot.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2019, 10:12:20 AM »
Gamechangers. You can get them for like $30 and reuse them over many pairs of shoes. By the time you try and find a workaround with non-skate insoles (spoiler: you won't) you'll have ended up spending way more money anyway.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2019, 06:47:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Stacking insoles seems like a recipe for instability and ankle rolls, I wouldn't do it. Anyway I like the arch support of FP gamechangers, they really seem to help take the stress of skating/standing long periods of time off the heel and forefoot.
OP isn’t looking for then for skating exactly.
They wot me with some shoes but not all. Some shoes sit too high and feel like I could toll my ankle.
I love game changers but these dr scholls last me significantly longer.
I grind my big toe a lot and I’ll put a hole in the game changers in 3 months and it becomes too uncomfortable having that hole.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

rubbery vagina

• Rep: -51
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 04:33:46 PM »
https://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals/flex

3 different thicknesses. I use them for all my shoes now. Improves posture and helps with lower back pain. Word.

The mediums work well with thin cupsoles, they lock your foot in nicely too.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2019, 07:09:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't think foot size has anything to do with it. I have low arches and hate shoes with a high arch. Footprint kf are good for me because they are flat. If you like high arch a kf might not help but game changers might.

Not saying you are wrong, but I have a high arch and found the opposite to be true. After hating the gamechangers because they hurt my arch, I checked out the FP literature and they said for high arches you want a flat insole and with low arch you want arch support. Makes no sense, but it worked out for me cause I love the elites.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2019, 09:24:48 AM »

Not saying you are wrong, but I have a high arch and found the opposite to be true. After hating the gamechangers because they hurt my arch, I checked out the FP literature and they said for high arches you want a flat insole and with low arch you want arch support. Makes no sense, but it worked out for me cause I love the elites.

Makes perfect sense when you think about your foot being a shock absorber - the higher the arch, the more shock is absorbed in the arch, and less on the foot. The lower your arch, less shock is absorbed by the arch and therefore is transferred into the foot/leg/joints and therefore would need more support.