Author Topic: Terrible grip from shop  (Read 2161 times)

rEVOLVED

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Terrible grip from shop
« on: June 07, 2018, 03:30:23 PM »
Just grabbed a new deck and the goofball at the shop gripped it horribly. Sure enough, first time out, two huge chunks tore off of the tail because I landed an ollie wrong - as in my shoe tore off the grip. Have you guys ever complained to a shop about something like this, or do I need to just skate through this deck and grip it myself next time?

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Terrible grip from shop
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 04:07:44 PM »
Your first mistake was letting someone else grip your board.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 05:48:58 PM »
Your first mistake was letting someone else grip your board.
he's got a point

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 07:19:50 PM »
Grip it yourself man!  I’ve always thought it to be really fun and satisfying, but I’m a super nerd about that stuff.  8)
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

rEVOLVED

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 01:37:43 PM »
Don't get me wrong - I will definitely grip it myself next time. What is my best solution for this deck, though? I doubt the shop will do anything about it, and removing grip is an epic pain in the ass. Should I just skate it out and do it right next time?

shark tits

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 01:43:39 PM »
Don't get me wrong - I will definitely grip it myself next time. What is my best solution for this deck, though? I doubt the shop will do anything about it, and removing grip is an epic pain in the ass. Should I just skate it out and do it right next time?
hair dryer to melt the glue if it's that that bad but i would prolly just get used to it. you ever see those african ladies w/ hoops around their necks? if they can get used to that, you can get used to bad grip.
it'll only last a month or whatever then get a new deck, grip it right make sure that it counts. you're downtown w/ a discount!

rEVOLVED

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 02:15:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
hair dryer to melt the glue if it's that that bad but i would prolly just get used to it. you ever see those african ladies w/ hoops around their necks? if they can get used to that, you can get used to bad grip.
it'll only last a month or whatever then get a new deck, grip it right make sure that it counts. you're downtown w/ a discount!

Haha. Fine, you win! It's not so much that the grip bothers me...it's just that I'm mad at the stupid guy at the shop for gripping my board so poorly. Every trick I land sloppy takes off a piece of grip. Live and learn.

revfredmorton

• Rep: -50
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2018, 10:53:04 AM »
i would def take it back to the shop you bought it from.  they should stand behind their work.  either give you a new deck so you can grip it urself, or regrip this one.  dont pay for crappy work, its their fault and they will know it when they look at it

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2018, 01:24:32 PM »
i would def take it back to the shop you bought it from.  they should stand behind their work.  either give you a new deck so you can grip it urself, or regrip this one.  dont pay for crappy work, its their fault and they will know it when they look at it
A man never lets another man grip his board. Focus the board, reevaluate your life choices and buy another deck. The industry depends on it. The shop grom executed his plan perfectly.

revfredmorton

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2018, 02:01:31 PM »
The shop needs to make it right with OP

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 02:51:34 PM »
Yeah they will totally give you a new board, riiiiight. Learn from your mistake and grip your own shit

revfredmorton

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 04:38:21 PM »
if they dont give op a new board, they need to regrip in right.  they owe that to him

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2018, 03:51:05 AM »
Don't let someone else grip your board

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2018, 05:08:30 AM »
I agree with doing it yourself rather than getting it gripped at the shop, but since it’s already done and they did a bad job at it a free regrip should be a given.

kentrock

• Rep: -199
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 01:04:15 PM »
the shop owes you new grip at least if not a new deck since they scratched up a new deck.

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2018, 03:03:25 PM »
If someone is going to fuck up my grip it better be me.