Author Topic: RIP Jesse Erickson  (Read 11295 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: RIP Jesse Erickson
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2022, 11:32:46 AM »
RIP

GetSnaked

• Rep: -4
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2022, 08:34:54 PM »
Never had the pleasure of formally meeting Jesse, but I do remember seeing him destroy fair oaks skate park when I was a kid and tripping out how a dude his size had such finesse on a board. It was only later I learned who he was through the TMA vids and was even more stoked on his skating.
Rest Easy Jesse

you wrote my comment for me.  He had the long beard by the time i was going there, and then to eventually connect the dots when i got older and saw those videos. RIP.  Toebock "Don't Act Famous" has some great footage of him as well.
i get the joke it's just not funny and doing school for a long time doesn't make you not a dipshit.
[/quote]

[/quote]

You little zoomers that came up at zoomies don’t know shit and you need to read a fucking book and put

justpassingthrough

• Rep: 15
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2022, 09:50:06 AM »
He had property up in Berry Creek CA that burnt in the Paradise fire which I was also in (this isnt about me) but he rebuilt and was living there.  Cool down to earth guy great welder.  He had this site back in the day scratcherscratcher.com I think It was hilarious skits he filmed so funny seriouly good shit hahaha i'm gonna see if its still up.  Talented guy RIP.

Clayton

• Rep: 78
    • Spot Hunter avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2022, 10:35:57 AM »
Always had great style. Never met him but fanned out on him once in the Sunnyvale parking lot. The "TLTMODE" license plate on that classic car of his was so badass to see as a teenager.

justpassingthrough

• Rep: 15
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2022, 11:02:23 AM »
Always had great style. Never met him but fanned out on him once in the Sunnyvale parking lot. The "TLTMODE" license plate on that classic car of his was so badass to see as a teenager.

oh yeah another thing he was super handy.  He could fix cars, weld, make crazy mini ramps then tear them down just months later hah.  The ramp in the Tiltmode Bonus Round video in the beginning is 1 he made then tore down.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 469
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2022, 04:16:06 PM »
I'm not modeling for the 2 of you anymore, I guess I just got my 1st taste of the filthy side of this business...

Me and my one skate friend watched the shit out of Tiltmode! and Man Down, such a big influence on us at that time. Jesse had dope style, filmed good and made those I-Path cats look really fucking good! He sounded like a really supportive and good guy from everything I've heard, sad day indeed.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2022, 04:23:23 PM »
I'm not modeling for the 2 of you anymore, I guess I just got my 1st taste of the filthy side of this business...

Me and my one skate friend watched the shit out of Tiltmode! and Man Down, such a big influence on us at that time. Jesse had dope style, filmed good and made those I-Path cats look really fucking good! He sounded like a really supportive and good guy from everything I've heard, sad day indeed.
same here! Loved that part. Short and sweet. Great style. Rest In Peace. Condolences o his loved ones.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 469
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2022, 09:33:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
same here! Loved that part. Short and sweet. Great style. Rest In Peace. Condolences o his loved ones.

Fakie tre to tail snap? Classic shit right there. Off the top of my head, the only guy to make a back tail varial flip out look good too! Man those were good times, not a care in the world, young and just hungry to skate and learn. Those videos will always mean so much to me, but especially Man Down in combination with the article Skateboarder Mag ran on the TMA around the same time. RIP to someone that I'm sure isn't a household name is skateboarding, but I guarantee touched and influenced some of people's favorite skaters and helped shape my youth.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 12:54:43 PM by Jim and Dan »
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"