Author Topic: RIP Mark Hubbard  (Read 48015 times)

SlappyBum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: RIP Mark Hubbard
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2018, 04:03:44 PM »
Its not evidence, but every recent picture of the dude looks like he is pretty strung out. Of course that look could lead to assumptions.
Opiates are fucking garbage and take people in their prime

I will say the pnw has a horrible dope problem

revfredmorton

• Rep: -50
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2018, 04:15:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Its not evidence, but every recent picture of the dude looks like he is pretty strung out. Of course that look could lead to assumptions.
[close]
they took my prime skate years fucking doctors prescribing autrocious amounts of opiates then cutting me off

this thread not be about you unless your name is mork hubbard.  if you want to talk about your own life problems, go start your own thread. 
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 04:29:16 PM by revfredmorton »

notcool

« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2018, 06:12:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
they took my prime skate years fucking doctors prescribing autrocious amounts of opiates then cutting me off
[close]

this thread not be about you unless your name is mork hubbard.  if you want to talk about your own life problems, go start your own thread.
shut the fuck up seriously

notcool

« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2018, 06:14:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
i'm not talking about my "problem" with opiates i was just mentioning that they have affected me as well as many other people. i'm sorry you have never been addicted or have known an addict.

[close]

notcool

« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2018, 06:16:53 PM »
i was merely mentioning that everyday normal skateboarders and people have addictions. wow i'm so important saying i am an opiate addict.  did you have a bad time at the grocery store today?

revfredmorton

• Rep: -50
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2018, 07:00:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

why would you take a thread that is out of respect for someone else and make it about yourself.  dont know if he was on drugs.  but respect to you for getting clean.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 714
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2018, 09:23:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
i'm not talking about my "problem" with opiates i was just mentioning that they have affected me as well as many other people. i'm sorry you have never been addicted or have known an addict.

[close]
[close]
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

SlappyBum

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2018, 01:27:53 PM »
Bumpin this to the top again

SlappyBum

« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2018, 07:58:26 PM »
Bump

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2018, 08:07:03 PM »
Bump

Marginal Way was the first skatepark that I ever broke myself off at. Not even going for it just got wrecked cruising around. I had just started skating again after years. Something about that actually got me fucking hyped to be on the board again. Thank you Mark.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #70 on: June 30, 2018, 05:17:49 AM »
fuck. these dudes changed everything. In the late 90s/early 2000s when a lot of small parks in CA started popping up, we would be clamoring for cities to be bold enough to hire Grindline. Few did, but those are the parks we would get in a car and drive a couple of hours to. Even if they were massive and scary and we couldnt skate it all too well, they were works of art and friggin genius.

At 42, Mark's quote about kids getting dropped off at the park resonates more now than ever. You only get one chance to build a park. A city is not going to tear down a park and rebuild it. Do it big. The kid that is 6 today is going to be 16 in a fast decade and be able to absolutely shred, and itll be thanks to people taking a chance on these kinds of parks. RIP Monk. To the top.
ok thanks

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2018, 07:27:34 AM »
Monk on top

SlappyBum

« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2018, 11:25:21 PM »
Bump

Bloodonmydick

« Reply #73 on: July 03, 2018, 11:29:57 PM »
Drugs are bad guys

kentrock

• Rep: -199
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2018, 06:01:52 PM »

Bloodonmydick

« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2018, 06:31:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Drugs are bad guys
[close]

Weed kills?

Especially weed. I know 12 people who overdosed on weed. They had a little bit of heroin and oxy in their system but weed was the main cause i assume.

kentrock

• Rep: -199
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2018, 06:59:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Drugs are bad guys
[close]

Weed kills?
[close]

Especially weed. I know 12 people who overdosed on weed. They had a little bit of heroin and oxy in their system but weed was the main cause i assume.

sorry for your loss man.

Kickflipmcdelux

• Rep: -22
  • I'll truck fuck your dad
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2018, 12:18:41 PM »
I used to listen to his band grindline. He was also in the Anti hero vid where they go to Israel.

Drain Bamage

• Rep: -14
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2021, 04:06:54 AM »
Bump for the 3 year anniversary. 3 years is a lot of portal space time exploration. Much respect.  Hope it’s getting rowdy in concrete Valhalla.

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 164
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2021, 01:46:12 PM »
I recently scored some original screen-prints he did for Hitz while he was in Israel building some skate parks years ago.

Sam had a bunch more but you could see that it was hard for him to part with them

Got them hanging in my office

wil540

• Rep: -13

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2022, 12:32:37 PM »
Got to skate the Arlington, WA grindline park last week. Everything else was covered in frozen scum pools but got some runs in the full pipe. Thanks Monk

Dopethrone

• Rep: -20
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2022, 03:04:46 AM »

Was watching Mark hubbard footage and stumbled across this video, the woman filming sounds psycho. Her channel is full of crazy videos saying Phelps and hubbard were all murdered crazy. Anyone else seen these or know anything about what her deal is?

Dopethrone

• Rep: -20
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2022, 03:16:59 AM »
https://instagram.com/scottstamneskatejam?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

The instagram is fucking wild. Claiming olympic gold medalist snowboarder from sochi iouri Podladtchikov murdered them.

This is a fucking rabbit hole

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2022, 05:03:28 AM »

Was watching Mark hubbard footage and stumbled across this video, the woman filming sounds psycho. Her channel is full of crazy videos saying Phelps and hubbard were all murdered crazy. Anyone else seen these or know anything about what her deal is?

Mentally ill. This has been going on for a pretty long time.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1095
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2022, 06:51:24 AM »
This lady is like an amalgamation of Jerri Blank, Shutter Island and Cara Beth Burnside.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2022, 07:22:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

There's definitely mentally ill people from Coast to Coast in this country. Unfortunately, Social Media gives them a platform to lay out their crazed and far-fetched ideas.

Homeless man in my hometown films a blog everyday from the BJ's parking lot, something about how climate change isn't real and Bill Gates is behind it.

drewdc

• Rep: -85
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2022, 03:39:12 PM »
Monk and Phelps both Overdosed plain and simple . it sucks for the families, but thay made that choice

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2022, 04:47:03 PM »
Watched this woman fall into the deep end of a bowl last year and break her ankle. Called an ambulance for her and everything. Like a lot of deeply disturbed people, she's actually quite sweet and nice in real life. She asked me for my Instagram and I told her I didn't have one.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

LonleySk8er15

• Rep: 41
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2022, 06:02:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Holy smokes!