Author Topic: Primitive Skate "Never" video  (Read 15271 times)

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2197
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Primitive Skate "Never" video
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2018, 04:57:43 PM »
Misfits grip art is the #1 thing I would've never thought would be in a skate video

What a very odd thing to say. Makes sense to not expect it in a Primitive video but #1 thing you never thought would be in a skate video? I don't mean this as an insult at all but are you young/haven't been skating very long?

larrylegend

• Rep: -1
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2018, 05:09:16 PM »

prods nollie flip crook on that bench was probably the best nollie flip crook ever done. ever.

also trent had probably the craziest part...

good to see wade on basically the best team out right now too cant lie

poop

Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind

• Rep: 34
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2018, 05:45:34 PM »
You guys are sucking Wade's dick wayyyyyy too hard

Man you're a gump. Wade had the best shit in here, along with P-Rod 

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2018, 06:03:03 PM »
I can understand exactly how they fit into the timeline of skate history. Plan B resurges and fails to become the incredible beastly super power it once was, and Paul Rodriguez begins the new Girl.

That said, that McClung kids skating makes my legs hurt and they film him from horrible angles that definitely focus on his knees.

Diego Najera is fucked up good, I don't know how I feel. I wouldn't buy a deck but I get why they sell
p-shuvs and v-flips

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2018, 08:13:08 PM »
Really enjoyed this and glad they just put it out without any hype.

I also feel like I could see Kelly Hart on this team and fit in really well.

Irvine-Sucks.com

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2018, 08:35:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Misfits grip art is the #1 thing I would've never thought would be in a skate video
[close]

What a very odd thing to say. Makes sense to not expect it in a Primitive video but #1 thing you never thought would be in a skate video? I don't mean this as an insult at all but are you young/haven't been skating very long?
Completely meant to say "..in a primitive video" but my brain said one thing and my hands typed the other. Thanks for the catch tho. I think I've been skating for a normal amount of time (?)
(Cool Trick GIF)

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2018, 09:17:05 PM »
It looks like every last movement and gesture that Wade makes on a skateboard is meticulously calculated to come off like he's not trying. It's pretty funny.

Franky Villiani is so bad. Style,  kits,  trick selection,  green wheels and fuckin misfits grip. just awful.

Devine was my favorite and I was feeling McClung too. and prod!

It looks like they filmed this over a very short period of time. Obviously Nick Tucker is super good but it was weird to see a switch heelflip over a 6-7 stair rail in a big company video in 2018

I don't really have an opinion on Big L in skate vids but it always stands out as awkward when white guys skate to tracks with like 5 aggressive N bombs in the chorus 

wheee!

CAPTAIN NOBODY

« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2018, 09:29:11 PM »
after shaking off the plan b / mtn dew image, im starting to appreciate him more again. it's cool he skated to nas again.

i think hes like a boss at the end of a video game, maybe like mega man. has all of the weapons, does lots of damage, and a lots of hp. it'd feel weird if he didnt have the last part, but then again, andrew reynolds in baker 3 was somewhere in the middle.
He skated to The Game, not NaS.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2018, 10:49:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Always blows my mind how many Slap heads seem to love Franky Vilani. Can't stand his style and most of his trick selection.

Devine looks like a weird alien but his skating was surprisingly decent.

Bastian was underwhelming. Has he put out a proper part since that Flip footage got released 10 years late.

P Rod killed it. Love the switch fs blunt flip out. So fast and landed so far past the end of the ledge.

All in all, the skating all felt a bit similar. Lots of goofy footed skaters doing bs 180 nosegrind variations. Too many 5cm long tech grind/slide combos.

Not sure why I watched this as I knew it wasn't my thing even before hand.
[close]

Bastian had an very hard knee injuriy for the last 2,5 Years. glad to see him skate again

and yes he had an full part on Jart a couple years ago  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ek91PLK1Zk
Thank you for posting this. When healthy he is a fucking beast!! Those high speed kf back tails and the fucking cab flips!!

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2018, 02:23:52 AM »
Street P-Rod>

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2018, 03:19:22 AM »
BACK 2 LIFE

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2018, 04:19:40 AM »
i understand completely why people wouldnt like frankies style but i cant help but like it
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2018, 09:03:16 AM »
Pretty hit or miss video. Some stuffed felt like filler but it had some real bangers too. Really liked prods Mach ten blunt flip out

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2018, 09:27:57 AM »
Pretty hit or miss video. Some stuffed felt like filler but it had some real bangers too. Really liked prods Mach ten switch blunt flip out

Irvine-Sucks.com

Plop

« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2018, 11:07:32 AM »
DEVINE

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2018, 11:18:40 AM »
Very tech but the music sucked
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2018, 12:22:09 PM »
Really enjoyed the wade part, fun to rewatch looking for flaws or signs of upper body movement. Would have liked more peacock footy, hes got some specific thing of his own, i find most the other dudes interchangeable. Franky part was charismatic.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65249
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2018, 01:08:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Nick Tucker part was strong. That fakie Flip manual fakie Flip out was something else.
[close]

Forgot to mention that, probably best trick In the video.

Great timing as well, exactly 25 years after Koston did the first one ever in his groundbreaking 101 "Falling Down" part (1993)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK2LOuuSiw4

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2018, 04:45:29 PM »
When Frank first came out slap was saying "dude is sick", now Im surprised with the hate.

To me dude is like CK1 got unlimited skills on all terrains.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 06:18:39 PM by Swithflip »

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 447
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2018, 06:01:37 PM »
Villani definitely does not fit with the aesthetic of the rest of the team, what with his creativity, Misfits grip, and jeans. However, I think Primitive does well to get a bit more style diversity. When you see all this footage crammed back to back to back... all the swishy pants, dangling hat straps, and end-of-ledge trickery gets a little numbing.

That said, Nick Tucker and Trent stood out from the pack. The Rodriguez closer was pretty classy.

I love when you search "Paul Rodriguez" in Google Images it's a mix of him and his dad.

Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2018, 06:10:02 PM »
When Frank firt came out slap was saying "dude is sick", now Im surprised with the hate.

Who is Frank Firt? The inventor of the frankfurter?

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2018, 06:12:15 PM »
Expand Quote
When Frank firt came out slap was saying "dude is sick", now Im surprised with the hate.

[close]

Who is Frank Firt? The inventor of the frankfurter?

A tragic

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2018, 06:14:16 PM »
The ams are blowing the pros outta the water SO hard, haha. I guess the same can be said about most modern companies, but it was especially apparent in this video. I was so happy to see over a minute of Devine!

Speaking of pros, it seems like Brian Peacock got really lucky turning pro when he did. If they had found some of these other guys before they turned him pro, he probably woulda been doomed to eternal am status. What does SLAP think of Brian Peacock, anyway? I have a hunch that he is generally more disliked than liked on here. I think he's aight.

froufroufox

• Rep: 31
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2018, 06:59:33 PM »
This was pretty unbelievable, was expecting a low-key tour video and woah. Some thoughts:

Carlos Riberio does everything absolutely perfect.
Wade is cool I guess but he does that thing where he pulls up his pant leg before a trick and it’s cringey. Same with Diego.
I’m not a fan of Nick Tucker but jesus that part was gnarly.
Robert Neal is forgettable.
Devine with that line on the high benches!
McClung is soo damn good. This and his 1947 part make him one of the most talented guys out right now.
Some of my fav footage P Rod has put out thus far. That switch bs smith back 360 omg.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 07:01:28 PM by DBOONFOREVER »

ungzilla

« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2018, 07:18:51 PM »
The ams are blowing the pros outta the water SO hard, haha. I guess the same can be said about most modern companies, but it was especially apparent in this video. I was so happy to see over a minute of Devine!

Speaking of pros, it seems like Brian Peacock got really lucky turning pro when he did. If they had found some of these other guys before they turned him pro, he probably woulda been doomed to eternal am status. What does SLAP think of Brian Peacock, anyway? I have a hunch that he is generally more disliked than liked on here. I think he's aight.

i liked him when he first showed up, maybe the novelty of truly not being able to discern his stance. now i'm kinda not a fan. there's no power to his skating and he always spins counter clockwise. he still puts out some mind benders though.

IHOP

« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2018, 10:07:36 PM »
This was pretty unbelievable, was expecting a low-key tour video and woah. Some thoughts:

Wade is cool I guess but he does that thing where he pulls up his pant leg before a trick and it’s cringey. Same with Diego.
McClung is soo damn good. This and his 1947 part make him one of the most talented guys out right now.
Some of my fav footage P Rod has put out thus far. That switch bs smith back 360 omg.

I understand why people dislike this, but it feels much better bending for a trick when your leg has room in your pant to bend.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2018, 10:28:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i liked him when he first showed up, maybe the novelty of truly not being able to discern his stance. now i'm kinda not a fan. there's no power to his skating and he always spins counter clockwise. he still puts out some mind benders though.

I think he’s still the shit, although this wasn’t his best footage.  That Something Sinister part made me a lifelong
fan.

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #87 on: June 14, 2018, 12:25:59 AM »

This rundown matches my own impressions so well it is almost a little bit weird.

What I love about Ribeiro is that he can Switch Bs Tailslide Kickflip that tall ledge and then do a skewed Fs Lipslide on a long rail and it still makes sense.

I have never been a fan of Paul Rodriguez's skating but this has left a strong impression with me, I much prefer his style now than when he was younger and the trick selection in this part is beautiful.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #88 on: June 14, 2018, 12:57:02 AM »
i'd also like to thank Carlos Ribeiro for not wearing swishy pants in one clip despite being on Nike, good move mate. It's still not a great look but can we all agree he is at least the best dressed Brazilian pro.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 12:59:28 AM by figureitout »

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2018, 02:54:29 AM »
i'd also like to thank Carlos Ribeiro for not wearing swishy pants in one clip despite being on Nike, good move mate. It's still not a great look but can we all agree he is at least the best dressed Brazilian pro.

for me it's crazy like how anyone can prefer that
nike-polo-shirt-shit-fit over a tshirt+pants combo.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 02:56:44 AM by somethingmustbreaknow »