Author Topic: Session?  (Read 13171 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Session?
« on: June 11, 2018, 01:04:30 PM »

Dwyck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
Re: Session?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 06:16:56 PM »
the demo's been out for a year or so and i've heard good things about the gameplay
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 06:03:14 AM »
I'm divided since these guys really seem to aim in the right direction, but it's sorta ruined by the choppy animations weird gravity and character graphics. It looks like skate 3, eight years later.. There's some really cool details in there though, i hope they manage to upgrade what's wrong.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 06:05:39 AM by Manolo »

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 565
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 02:55:08 AM »
Stoked and at the same time really worried about the weak animations.
It just looks bad at the moment...

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 07:14:22 AM »
Apparently it’s not going to be for ps4 so looks like I’m not going to be playing it. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 07:25:12 AM »
Everything I've heard so far is that it's still in the "pre pre alpha" stage of development, and what we're seeing now is mostly placeholder animations so people can test the controls. That said, kinda worries me they showed it at e3 with those animations. Hope they really come through with something worthwhile, they've got a lot of backers on kickstarter and they've got the right vision for the game I think.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2018, 08:37:47 AM »
whats going on with that front blunt 3 flip thing?

stoked that they are trying, not stoked that it looks bad.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 09:57:10 AM »
I actually backed it awhile ago and played it but the controls are really uncomfortable honestly.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 11:40:37 AM »
It's been nothing but "demos" and staged cutscene shit like this from these guys for years. I'll believe it when I have it installed on my hard drive.

jomeara1

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2018, 06:21:31 PM »
Eh, I wasn’t a fan of skate and by judging this video I probably won’t be a fan of this either. I miss THPS.

baustin

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 11:33:20 AM »

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 12:10:15 PM »
The animation looks like some Xbox 360 stuff, which whatever it's fine I'm sure it can be smoothed out before the release. What's weird to me though was the interview on Jenkem. Maybe I'm being cynical but it just seemed like the dude was eager to please, like "Oh yeah for sure we will add all of that! It's gonna be in there, anything you want!" It just reminds me of when you're younger and there's the weird kid who will do whatever you tell them to do because they so badly want to be popular.
"Hey Marcus, we'll like you if you eat a handful of rocks"
"Okay you got it dudes, gonna eat these rocks, yep I'm gonna!"

I want to be wrong though, to be clear I hope I'm totally wrong and this thing ends up being fucking mind-blowing. Until then like SFB said, I'll believe it when I see it.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 12:23:20 PM »

How can this game be any good if this guy is the transition motion capture guy as per reached goal on kickstarter

baustin

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 12:54:41 PM »
The animation looks like some Xbox 360 stuff, which whatever it's fine I'm sure it can be smoothed out before the release. What's weird to me though was the interview on Jenkem. Maybe I'm being cynical but it just seemed like the dude was eager to please, like "Oh yeah for sure we will add all of that! It's gonna be in there, anything you want!" It just reminds me of when you're younger and there's the weird kid who will do whatever you tell them to do because they so badly want to be popular.
"Hey Marcus, we'll like you if you eat a handful of rocks"
"Okay you got it dudes, gonna eat these rocks, yep I'm gonna!"

I want to be wrong though, to be clear I hope I'm totally wrong and this thing ends up being fucking mind-blowing. Until then like SFB said, I'll believe it when I see it.

I agree with you on this. I too am just hoping for the best, seeing as how it does seem to be our only hope for a good modern skateboarding game. Side note: Skater for mobile is actually really fun. The controls and physics are pretty amazing for a mobile game, great time waster if nothing else.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 10:42:29 PM »
I haven't played the demo yet so I can't really say jack shit, but from watching the trailer this game looks like it's still too easy just like Skate 3. I want to struggle super hard for something as simple as flipping out of a trick. I hope this game delivers, I'm wishing the best for the creators.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2018, 08:26:24 PM »
I haven't played the demo yet so I can't really say jack shit, but from watching the trailer this game looks like it's still too easy just like Skate 3. I want to struggle super hard for something as simple as flipping out of a trick. I hope this game delivers, I'm wishing the best for the creators.

Nah, the controls for this game are a bit more complex which takes out the fun factor in my opinion. But I guess some people will enjoy how challenging it can be.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2018, 12:20:47 PM »
Ive got huge problems with how this is panning out as most people have already covered. Basically I think theyre getting ahead of themselves. The game has been out too long in pre alpha with terrible animations and rigid controls. Theres no flow to this game and theyre burying themselves in ‘reality’ and trying to please everyone.

The E3 thing is a year too early and I think finessing this game is out of their grasp and until i see a technically solid operating model im assuming this’ll be a miss which sucks.

Theres a BMX game called BMX Pipe and one dude has made it and the physics are spot on. He made a small environment and sold it and it was a perfect proof of concept he is making into a full game. Session hasnt gotten close to that while promising more and more all the time.

I want to be proven wrong

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2018, 04:50:36 PM »
Asking for a friend here...if a new skateboard game were to be made what would you want to be different than THPS or Skate?

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2018, 06:45:39 PM »
Asking for a friend here...if a new skateboard game were to be made what would you want to be different than THPS or Skate?

I think the controls are slightly different than skate and Tony can’t make a new THPS. All I know is the session game has amazing looking back smiths . The rest seems glitchy and doesn’t flow super well animation wise but I have high hopes none the less. In this day and age they could sell a map or two with the original game for $30 and add more maps and tricks and challenges as $5 DLC and they would cool with me .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2018, 06:18:03 PM »
Don't worry too much about this game, because it's never coming out.

• Rep: -42
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2018, 12:54:43 PM »
I've honestly had a good amount of fun with it. It's cool how you flick the board and it spins till you actually catch it. That's way better than 'press triangle to tre flip.'

All current animations are placeholder. Really excited to see the next build. But it's true they are promising the moon and idk how far they will actually take it, but it seems they are really working hard not just taking the Kickstarter money and running.

You can throw me on the double kink box and then watch the hate ignored like Constitution by the congressmen

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2018, 09:30:42 AM »
They seem to have the right idea but I'm heavily second guessing them based on the trick selection that they have featured in the trailers. I mean, everything has been like laserflip noseblunt tre flip or some other unflattering combo... Skate 1 killed it by mocapping Carroll. Rockstar should just surprise everyone and make a new Thrasher game
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

ShitNuts

• Rep: -2
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2018, 06:37:33 PM »
It looks more like a simulation game.

Dunno if it's what people want.

Think of how a COD player would feel trying out ARMA.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2018, 01:57:18 AM »
nobody wants a fun game
most of us want a sim

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2018, 07:37:38 AM »

How can this game be any good if this guy is the transition motion capture guy as per reached goal on kickstarter
IDK I personally look forward to rocking out on the mega ramp.

LegitDude

• Rep: 6
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2018, 09:51:17 AM »
I've played the demo a fair bit. It's good. The controls take a minute to get used to coming from skate. It's a bit clunky and needs some serious polish. Like, the skating doesn't feel anywhere near the realism of Skate, and it's supposed to be more realistic. Like I say: needs polish.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2018, 12:35:46 PM »
had to look this up and see if there was any new footage and found this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Oqk7xGz7ZE

by the time this game comes out, well already be in the next gen of consoles and this game will look as appealing as 720 for nes.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2018, 02:40:12 AM »
it still looks weak
and they keep on apologizing about the animations and physics, prealpha version blabla...
Aren't these the first aspects you should work on before going further ?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2018, 05:57:04 AM »
it's not unusual to have placeholder animations until a fairly late build. i guess it makes sense since they are still adding stuff like late flips/free catching and have they figured out how to implement wallies? i played the demo a bunch and once i got the controls down it was pretty fun, but you can't wallride or wallie stuff.

i also found out, that you can bone out your ollies and kickflips over things when you flip a stick back mid air like you would do a little manual.

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2018, 08:26:52 PM »
it's not unusual to have placeholder animations until a fairly late build. i guess it makes sense since they are still adding stuff like late flips/free catching and have they figured out how to implement wallies? i played the demo a bunch and once i got the controls down it was pretty fun, but you can't wallride or wallie stuff.

i also found out, that you can bone out your ollies and kickflips over things when you flip a stick back mid air like you would do a little manual.
Huh. Learn something new every day.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx