Author Topic: Has anyone had patellar tendonitis?  (Read 3785 times)

Mambo56

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Has anyone had patellar tendonitis?
« on: June 11, 2018, 03:18:39 PM »
Roughly how long does it take to heal from the point of it just being medium-ish pain when like crouching etc? Been off the board for a little and don't want to jump back on too early after hearing of people being out for months cos of this, cheers.

i've woken up next to multiple people boning and i always run for it. i don't want anything sprayed on me.

leopard print

• Rep: 12
Re: Has anyone had patellar tendonitis?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 03:22:13 AM »
I had this long ago and haven't had to deal with it since. Do your exercises and stretching. Then do them more. You will know when it is time. Then keep doing your exercises and stretching.

Or you could just tap into the mystical power of (Shorty's) Steve Olson and heal yourself instantly.

I seen a nigga piss over the stall wall into the other toilet, it was so dope.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 03:48:13 AM »
I experienced this back when I was running alot, what helped me is stretching pre and post activity (calf wall stretch, and standard quad stretching ) icing post activity can help too, also found wearing a patella brace and sometimes a compression knee sleeve helped take the toll off my knees.

stevethuro

• Rep: -4
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 12:13:15 PM »
I am dealing with this now... It sucks. Working at a desk all day doesn't help it either. Dr gave me some Inflammatory meds that seemed to help, but it came back after I ran out.

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 11:33:48 AM »
Yooo I had this, or something similar. I think it was patellar tendinosis. Anyway my patella tendon had moved a little to the right. Even rolling off a curb was agony. Nothing helped, then I found this website free to fly. He explained how, by using one footed squats on a 45 degree incline, you can actually realign your patella tendon. Hurts like a motherfucker the first couple squats (and you can use your arms to assist with standing back up) but then the pain is gone for the rest of the squats. Did them for two or three weeks until the pain was gone. Took me months to find something that worked, so I couldn't skate from December to April. Then once I was back I learned varial heels. What a great feeling...

But yeah, try looking up that website and I guess check with your doctor first. Shit sucks but it can be fixed!
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2019, 07:53:50 PM »
I just figured out I have this. (42 years old, 32 years of skateboarding)
common name is jumper's knee.

guess I have to start exercising more

troy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2019, 08:20:26 PM »
Yo I've been dealing with this for like a year now. I totally agree with the step downs on an incline. I have been using an old deck on a yoga block on a step with grip on the nose. Use more weight when after you start and you can extend your range of motion. You could also do reverse nordic band curls and calf raises. Dr.kylebrowns and skateboardpsio instagrams have some good exercise. Go see a doctor if you can. Remember recovery isn't always linear. Stay positive.

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 08:31:43 AM »
Yo I've been dealing with this for like a year now. I totally agree with the step downs on an incline. I have been using an old deck on a yoga block on a step with grip on the nose. Use more weight when after you start and you can extend your range of motion. You could also do reverse nordic band curls and calf raises. Dr.kylebrowns and skateboardpsio instagrams have some good exercise. Go see a doctor if you can. Remember recovery isn't always linear. Stay positive.

Can you explain that more? Having a hard time picturing it.

troy

• Rep: -2
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 09:21:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So I have a step and then I put the yoga block on top of the step. I have the board grip side up and the tail end is on top of the yoga block and the nose of the board is on the ground below the step. This makes an angled surface you can do the step down on. Does that make sense?

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 09:46:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

So I have a step and then I put the yoga block on top of the step. I have the board grip side up and the tail end is on top of the yoga block and the nose of the board is on the ground below the step. This makes an angled surface you can do the step down on. Does that make sense?

Yes, thank you. Gonna try it out.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 09:58:23 AM »
I like jammed my leg trying to skate this regular rail at a skatepark out here a couple years back. I think it was the same symptoms. Pretty much felt like my knee was always sore after. I kept a knee wrap on it and it went away altogether after like 2 months. I kept skating but just low impact. Like flat ground, flatbar, ledges and stuff.

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2019, 10:52:50 AM »
now i'm really glad i brought back this thread
thanks guys. please keep adding

noninjasinstreetfighter

• Rep: 19
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2019, 07:16:37 AM »
Wear shoes with good support. Especially when not skating*** I personally can’t wear og flat Vans as chillers anymore.