Author Topic: Being "Vegan" & Skateboarding  (Read 10068 times)

IHOP

Re: Being "Vegan" & Skateboarding
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2018, 04:38:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I am not vegan, but I usually think it would be more ethical to be vegan. I try to buy organic meat or meat from hunters. i just really like to eat meat every once in a while.

I have question to you vegans: They are currently working on growing real meat in labs. So you would have the meat without an animal suffering. Would you eat that?
[close]

No, because when you're vegan you basically change all your alimentation and you don't need meat anymore.
So I guess it's just about taste, and seitan burgers taste way better than meat burgers.
[close]

I've been vegan for six years... Impossible burgers, beyond burgers and beyond sausage all taste better to me than meat ever did... Again I haven't eaten it in eight years so I guess that isn't a total fair opinion (vegetarian two years before vegan) but have you had those impossible sliders from white castle??? Holy shit they are good... PS I'm currently skating the vegan Emerica indicators ... They feel good but rip on the sides pretty quick, toe cap has held up tho.

Yo i hate to break it to you but they cook the white castle sliders on butter :/

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2018, 06:55:05 PM »
I have question to you vegans: They are currently working on growing real meat in labs. So you would have the meat without an animal suffering. Would you eat that?
Theoretically I would but for the most part fake meat just doesn't really do it for me these days. For people that are transitioning or can't eat as much meat as they like due to health problems though I think it would be great.

DC could defs come up with an alternative to leather/ suede, most of their overly tech models back in the day were synth anyway. Funny how they listened to Moses so much when it came to vegan shoes and Even can't get a break.

Funnily enough does anyone remember when Lakai did a few runs of shoes made from old Lakais?
I honestly think that this might be one of the best ways to go about it, you send your shoes back to the brand and they remake them into a fresh pair of kicks.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:40:59 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

shark tits

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2018, 07:08:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Sure, except that this thread was started by a meat-eater bellyaching about vegans, which in my experience is way more common than vegans telling me about their shit, and every bit as annoying.
[close]

tfw you order a vegan dish everyone's like "I COULD NEVER BE VEGAN I LOVE CHEESE TOO MUCH" "HOW DO YOU GET YOUR PROTEIN?!!?" "I ONLY EAT ORGANIC MEAT"
bruh no one asked you im just trying to eat my lunch chill
i think a lot of people feel like their morality has been questioned when they are in the presence of a vegan or vegetarian when that's not the case at all

Expand Quote
I had a proposal from DC a few weeks ago but I refused because the guy didn't want to send me canvas only.
Evan Smith shoes are all suede now, I still can't understand that...

Anyway, you have to choose between killing animals and having shoes for free.
I guess that for some people the money is more important than the convictions...
[close]

yea that shits fucked. i bet DC could engineer a vegan material that skates as well/better than suede too but suede is cheaper.

Expand Quote
[close]

I think I would but idk. I think freeganism is the true moral high ground (eating garbage basically, shit thats gonna be thrown away so, much smaller footprint than veganism) so I tried eating some roast beef and i just couldn't do it. I'm not a picky eater but meat just isn't food to me. Those beyond meat burgers are good af though, i love those and i know some vegetarians/vegans who can't eat em for the same reason as above so idk.

i support lab meat regardless tho. it uses a lot less water than animal agriculture too.
20 yrs ago i had a gf i lived w/ near ASU. her sister invited some freegans to stay and they were real piece of work. they'd outvote the sisters 4-2 and change the apt around and they stole from any store including the co-op, justifying it that they sold meat so they're bad guys.
man, i couldn't stand those pesky freegans so one day i whipped a phone at their bed and they pretended to sleep but when i came home they were gone.
took their dumpstered couch w/ them.
spoiled rich kids w/ black hair shoplifting and making life difficult for working people. not to mention competing for resources w/ people who eat trash out of poverty.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2018, 07:13:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Sure, except that this thread was started by a meat-eater bellyaching about vegans, which in my experience is way more common than vegans telling me about their shit, and every bit as annoying.
[close]

tfw you order a vegan dish everyone's like "I COULD NEVER BE VEGAN I LOVE CHEESE TOO MUCH" "HOW DO YOU GET YOUR PROTEIN?!!?" "I ONLY EAT ORGANIC MEAT"
bruh no one asked you im just trying to eat my lunch chill
i think a lot of people feel like their morality has been questioned when they are in the presence of a vegan or vegetarian when that's not the case at all

Expand Quote
I had a proposal from DC a few weeks ago but I refused because the guy didn't want to send me canvas only.
Evan Smith shoes are all suede now, I still can't understand that...

Anyway, you have to choose between killing animals and having shoes for free.
I guess that for some people the money is more important than the convictions...
[close]

yea that shits fucked. i bet DC could engineer a vegan material that skates as well/better than suede too but suede is cheaper.

Expand Quote
[close]

I think I would but idk. I think freeganism is the true moral high ground (eating garbage basically, shit thats gonna be thrown away so, much smaller footprint than veganism) so I tried eating some roast beef and i just couldn't do it. I'm not a picky eater but meat just isn't food to me. Those beyond meat burgers are good af though, i love those and i know some vegetarians/vegans who can't eat em for the same reason as above so idk.

i support lab meat regardless tho. it uses a lot less water than animal agriculture too.
[close]
20 yrs ago i had a gf i lived w/ near ASU. her sister invited some freegans to stay and they were real piece of work. they'd outvote the sisters 4-2 and change the apt around and they stole from any store including the co-op, justifying it that they sold meat so they're bad guys.
man, i couldn't stand those pesky freegans so one day i whipped a phone at their bed and they pretended to sleep but when i came home they were gone.
took their dumpstered couch w/ them.
spoiled rich kids w/ black hair shoplifting and making life difficult for working people. not to mention competing for resources w/ people who eat trash out of poverty.

Reminds me of the kids up here who come dowm to Seattle during the summer and harass everyone and call chicks cunts when they dont give them money. Then the moment a drop of rain hits they fuck off back to mommy and daddy's mansion up north. Same shit in Chicago at Humboldt park. We call them Trustafarians.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2018, 08:19:17 PM »
I can't eat dairy because I fart like a maniac and it causes cramping in my innards.

Because of this, I eat a lot of vegan food, but I am not one. I love fried chicken too much.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2018, 12:10:16 AM »
I'm french so I don't know about white castle sliders, but I wouldn't trust a non-vegan big company saying something is vegan.
I learnt a few weeks ago that a burger in my town was frying french fries in meat sauce... Plus they always add too much sugar / salt, but that's another story...

Anyway, thanks for the Indicator feedback !
I was skating Lakai shoes only for 5 years, switched vegan so now I'm skating mostly chucks for 4 years and it hurts my heart to buy Nikes...
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2018, 12:32:01 AM »
emerica did a synth indicator last season no?
anyway, do come to the vegan shoe thread so we can nerd out about these types of things

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year