Author Topic: there's a girl on girl  (Read 22913 times)

I-HATE-YOU

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
Re: there's a girl on girl
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2018, 02:11:34 PM »
She is so good. Looks so natural and comfortable

Would you be just as hyped on this same trick selection if she was a he? Is lowering standards due to gender not in its self sexist?

Barry Bongs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2018, 03:54:56 PM »
Some people are acting as though she took their spot in the flowgram.

Innit. She rips. End of. Don't be salty. 

euro tm

« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2018, 06:00:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Would you be just as hyped on this same trick selection if she was a he? Is lowering standards due to gender not in its self sexist?

yes, good style is a rarity.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2018, 08:46:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For girls to become as good as guys at skateboarding there needs to be more girls skateboarding. To get more girls skateboarding there needs to be more female role models for little girls to aspire to be. But you’re right let’s give girls no reason to start skating and expect a female nyjah to just appear because of your dumbass version of equality

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2018, 08:56:24 PM »
Think about how many male skaters there are vs. how many female skaters there are currently... with how few female skaters there are it's probably statistically unlikely there would be more than a few who would skate on a pro level

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2018, 08:57:04 PM »
Her flick makes me feel as shitty about my own flick as any dude, that's equality.

deluxxxe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2018, 09:32:56 PM »
one of few recent crailtap moves I can back.

they've also got this girl Rianne on the lakai UK team who rips

https://sidewalkmag.com/skateboard-news/uk-female-skateboarding-rianne-evans-interview.html

http://www.instagram.com/p/BjVM1dFggPL

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2018, 09:47:27 PM »
she's Canadian? ooof

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2018, 02:45:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yes, she has proper style, maybe skates a little slow for my taste but her tricks look very good.

Nick_S

• Rep: -8
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2018, 04:25:26 PM »
She said on insta that she's working on a part. Might be a welcome to girl part

goldfishboot

• Rep: 144
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2018, 04:26:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

there's a different standard for women than there is for men. there's no lowering of standards whatsoever. nice one trying to equate common sense with sexism though that's pretty disingenuous and I like that

soccer mom

• Rep: -17
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2018, 07:31:05 PM »
She rips, stoked on her and I hope she is on the team. Altough, it is my humble opinion belt loops, buttons , waistlines etc. are meant to be around hips/waist not nipples.

HisDudest

• Rep: -140
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2018, 08:38:58 PM »
This is the footage of a sponsored skater? Yikes

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 447
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2018, 12:26:57 PM »
Looks like a full part from Breana just dropped on Thrasher. http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/breana-geering-s-wisteria-part/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggpIfvf9bXk

Before some of y'all get your feathers all ruffled, just know that there is plenty of skate love for everybody. Just because a woman is getting some attention doesn't mean that men are losing anything. It isn't a zero sum game.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2018, 12:40:37 PM »
Looks like a full part from Breana just dropped on Thrasher. http://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/breana-geering-s-wisteria-part/

Before some of y'all get your feathers all ruffled, just know that there is plenty of skate love for everybody. Just because a woman is getting some attention doesn't mean that men are losing anything. It isn't a zero sum game.
I'm a fan. She really needed an ender ender though imo.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2018, 12:49:19 PM »
That was pretty sick. Always nice to not see a street section of a skatepark clip. I agree that an ender could've closed it out proper, but figure there's more coming soon

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2018, 12:50:12 PM »
I enjoyed it, I'd like to see her skate a little faster but that's my only complaint really. Nollie varial flip over a chain seems like the scariest trick imaginable

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2018, 01:07:44 PM »
i was actually pretty impressed by that part.

i'm curious to know what brands are most/least popular with female skaters of different ages. Welcome seems to be doing the most popular followed by Polar and WKND (idk maybe I'm making shit up) from what I've noticed. I can't really imagine girls/women being into tons of brands. I mean if it's not even popular amongst the general skate population, what can it offer them? Like, I can't really visualize chicks being psyched on Blind or DGK or SC, but shit, I guess I can't really imagine anyone really. Are the fun brands more successful? I'm a euro tm and im just doing some market research.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2018, 01:23:26 PM »

i'm curious to know what brands are most/least popular with female skaters of different ages. Welcome seems to be doing the most popular followed by Polar and WKND (idk maybe I'm making shit up) from what I've noticed. I can't really imagine girls/women being into tons of brands. I mean if it's not even popular amongst the general skate population, what can it offer them? Like, I can't really visualize chicks being psyched on Blind or DGK or SC, but shit, I guess I can't really imagine anyone really. Are the fun brands more successful? I'm a euro tm and im just doing some market research.

Think about how many chicks ESPECIALLY at the beginning of summer have gone to their local mall and boughten a pair of Vans checkered sk8 hi/slip ons and a santa cruz banana board. "Because like its punk rock and I grew up playing Skate 2 with my little brother. Plus it like gets me outside and its faster then walking".

Sorry it sounds really shitty but I wouldn't be surprised if Santa Cruz was ruling the young chick demographic considering their product range spans way more then polar or welcome and is easier to find. They probably move those longboard/cruiser completes fast as fuck through Zumiez, Pac Sun, and Vans retail stores.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2018, 01:29:10 PM »
there's some truly regular shit being spewed in this thread

she rips, part was good

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2018, 01:30:53 PM »

I feel like this part is also kind of a footy dump where she's clearly skating a Flip board in the majority of the clips. Still sick nonetheless, stoked to see what comes next

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2018, 10:24:15 PM »
Why not put this dude on a legit company? Sure the skating isn't the best, but he's good for a blind guy, and it's super inspiring:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj0QShpggML/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkTxjuHBiZH/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=11260ei2rankj

Jim T heard your request,shut up now and let the ladies keep getting theirs

euro tm

« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2018, 10:41:58 PM »

if you were really a euro tm you’d know there is a girl on santa cruz

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2018, 10:45:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

if you were really a euro tm you’d know there is a girl on santa cruz
Yndi rips!

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2018, 01:11:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Why not put this dude on a legit company? Sure the skating isn't the best, but he's good for a blind guy, and it's super inspiring:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bj0QShpggML/
[close]

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkTxjuHBiZH/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=11260ei2rankj

Jim T heard your request,shut up now and let the ladies keep getting theirs
That's the best a Real oval deck has looked since the original.

links, pics, and quotes

« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2019, 04:21:09 PM »

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2019, 04:24:00 PM »
Damn she rips. Wish I looked like that on a board.
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2019, 05:13:14 PM »
breana is ill but does she wear those same socks every clip?

Coco Santiagos Kitten

« Reply #89 on: December 04, 2019, 05:35:38 PM »
She's sick. I thought she was getting boards from DLX for some reason.