Author Topic: Lets finally address the elephant in the room  (Read 5725 times)

bawtawdinfinity

• Rep: -37
Re: Lets finally address the elephant in the room
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2018, 06:48:37 PM »
I mean just look at the addicts on slap, you wanna be like us? Dear god I hope not.

Heres a deeper look into the wonderful world of fentanyl. Almost every toxicity report from a o.d. has some obscure analogs the person never knew they were taking.

https://old.reddit.com/r/fentanyl/

figureitout

• Rep: -54
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2018, 11:05:26 PM »
I was a painkiller addict for about 5 years strong, thankfully with help i'm on the other side. An opiate addict needs love, understanding, and bottom lines from loved ones. Much love and hope for all the pals struggling with the beast that is pharmaceuticals/street drugs. It's never too late to ask for help, reach out to the ones that mean the most.

Reading this thread has me crying due to my situation and having lost loved ones to opiates.

Take care of each other, choose love over fear.
media.giphy.com/media/4Z5qdNhFdG95osWS9T/giphy.gif

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -98
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2018, 11:40:55 PM »
If we're having this conversation, we can't forget about the industry brushing the cause of Van Wastell's suicide under the rug, claiming he was blackout drunk when he really fiending for his heroin stash his teammates took from him in an effort to force him to go cold turkey. The whole "only talking about whats rad about skateboarding" instead of addressing issues that need to be dealt with only feeds into the circlejerk of the skateboarding culture and makes us all look like fucking jocks. Skateboarding is the sickest when you can actually help your friends who do it instead of avoiding an "awkward conversation."

I just recently learned this and it blows my mind still especially him being on a dlx brand which hops any on basically and cause if they know someone going through it seems odd they didn’t tell the truth on that one . Probably could’ve saved a few lives but no we got he was drunk and fell out a hotel window. Which btw sounds incredibly hard to do even drunk idk about Euro hotels but having a parent in the hotel industry and spending mad time in hotels across the us , those things take effort to get out of. Not just something you’d “fall” out of .

Alan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 173
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2018, 05:10:40 AM »
If it's an older building it probably has windows on hinges that open all the way, so it wouldn't be that hard to fall out of one...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -291
  • ants suck!
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2018, 12:26:19 PM »
Throwaway account via VPN.  Because the SJW fuckers will not like this.

Heroin.

We recently lost a brother this week. He had a wife and family. So fucked up. We had no fucking idea he was shooting up.  Some of us did, and they didn't address the fact.

Listen, it's been a long ride.  When you rule at everything and your body hurts from skateboarding, dont fuck it up inside.  Hard drugs and the needle is a joke.  Dont ever for a minute let anyone ... ANYONE  tell you it's cool.  You are looking for the next rush and this rush is a dead end.

Stop it.  Talk about it.  The skateboard community turns a blind eye to this and it needs to stop.
sjw's?    This aint the place fuckhead.

Even if your "friend" is real  i still dont give a fuck just by the firts fucking sentence.
Please go act stupid somewhere else
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -871
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2018, 01:12:06 PM »
The irony of the whole “sjw” thing is that his post was an sjw post. “Lets try to solve this uncomfortable social problem nobody wants to address” is pretty much the definition of the types of issues people who are identified as SJW’s care about. Whatever though, lots of dumbasses are brainwashed these days

schralp pal

• Rep: 18
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2018, 01:26:37 PM »
I hold pharmaceuticals for my friend and when he wants to come get a few more I always ask him how he’s doing with withdrawal symptoms/tapering, addiction issues in general... am I enabling?

I don’t think its my job to tell him to stop, he knows opiates are a slippery slope, hell we've had two friends die. I guess what i’m Getting at is sometimes it hard to know when to intervene

jakeumms

• Rep: 6
  • 10% Skateboarder
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2018, 02:21:59 PM »
I hold pharmaceuticals for my friend and when he wants to come get a few more I always ask him how he’s doing with withdrawal symptoms/tapering, addiction issues in general... am I enabling?

I don’t think its my job to tell him to stop, he knows opiates are a slippery slope, hell we've had two friends die. I guess what i’m Getting at is sometimes it hard to know when to intervene

I guess the question is how often is he coming by? Tapering works to some degree and can get a person ready but at some point, wd's are a fact of life. I tapered for about 4 months but wound up going cold turkey after that. It was a rough 7 days and days 2, 3 and 4 were the gnarliest. If they have resources, they may want to go to actual rehab, even if it's just out-patient. The hard part will probably be dealing with the post acute withdrawal symptoms. Long term crappy sleep, fatigue and mud butt basically. Professional help may make that easier to deal with. At least that's my story.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 02:24:13 PM by jakeumms »

straight fucking edge

• Rep: -22
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2018, 02:22:31 PM »
I was think about Anthony Bourdain who had to struggle day-in and day-out getting paid a lot of money to travel around the world and eat.  It’s kind of a miracle he held out for as long as he did.

It’s the kind of struggle you really can’t appreciate until you’ve lived through it, I’m told.

there is no black and white answer unfortunately and at the end of the day it comes down to the person-- they have to want to stop or else they aren't going to.  its painful for everybody