Author Topic: Lets finally address the elephant in the room  (Read 42788 times)

bawtawdinfinity

Re: Lets finally address the elephant in the room
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2018, 06:48:37 PM »
I mean just look at the addicts on slap, you wanna be like us? Dear god I hope not.

Heres a deeper look into the wonderful world of fentanyl. Almost every toxicity report from a o.d. has some obscure analogs the person never knew they were taking.

https://old.reddit.com/r/fentanyl/

figureitout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2018, 11:05:26 PM »
I was a painkiller addict for about 5 years strong, thankfully with help i'm on the other side. An opiate addict needs love, understanding, and bottom lines from loved ones. Much love and hope for all the pals struggling with the beast that is pharmaceuticals/street drugs. It's never too late to ask for help, reach out to the ones that mean the most.

Reading this thread has me crying due to my situation and having lost loved ones to opiates.

Take care of each other, choose love over fear.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2018, 11:40:55 PM »
If we're having this conversation, we can't forget about the industry brushing the cause of Van Wastell's suicide under the rug, claiming he was blackout drunk when he really fiending for his heroin stash his teammates took from him in an effort to force him to go cold turkey. The whole "only talking about whats rad about skateboarding" instead of addressing issues that need to be dealt with only feeds into the circlejerk of the skateboarding culture and makes us all look like fucking jocks. Skateboarding is the sickest when you can actually help your friends who do it instead of avoiding an "awkward conversation."

I just recently learned this and it blows my mind still especially him being on a dlx brand which hops any on basically and cause if they know someone going through it seems odd they didn’t tell the truth on that one . Probably could’ve saved a few lives but no we got he was drunk and fell out a hotel window. Which btw sounds incredibly hard to do even drunk idk about Euro hotels but having a parent in the hotel industry and spending mad time in hotels across the us , those things take effort to get out of. Not just something you’d “fall” out of .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2593
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2018, 05:10:40 AM »
If it's an older building it probably has windows on hinges that open all the way, so it wouldn't be that hard to fall out of one...
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2018, 12:26:19 PM »
Throwaway account via VPN.  Because the SJW fuckers will not like this.

Heroin.

We recently lost a brother this week. He had a wife and family. So fucked up. We had no fucking idea he was shooting up.  Some of us did, and they didn't address the fact.

Listen, it's been a long ride.  When you rule at everything and your body hurts from skateboarding, dont fuck it up inside.  Hard drugs and the needle is a joke.  Dont ever for a minute let anyone ... ANYONE  tell you it's cool.  You are looking for the next rush and this rush is a dead end.

Stop it.  Talk about it.  The skateboard community turns a blind eye to this and it needs to stop.
sjw's?    This aint the place fuckhead.

Even if your "friend" is real  i still dont give a fuck just by the firts fucking sentence.
Please go act stupid somewhere else
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2018, 01:12:06 PM »
The irony of the whole “sjw” thing is that his post was an sjw post. “Lets try to solve this uncomfortable social problem nobody wants to address” is pretty much the definition of the types of issues people who are identified as SJW’s care about. Whatever though, lots of dumbasses are brainwashed these days
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2018, 01:26:37 PM »
I hold pharmaceuticals for my friend and when he wants to come get a few more I always ask him how he’s doing with withdrawal symptoms/tapering, addiction issues in general... am I enabling?

I don’t think its my job to tell him to stop, he knows opiates are a slippery slope, hell we've had two friends die. I guess what i’m Getting at is sometimes it hard to know when to intervene

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2018, 02:21:59 PM »
I hold pharmaceuticals for my friend and when he wants to come get a few more I always ask him how he’s doing with withdrawal symptoms/tapering, addiction issues in general... am I enabling?

I don’t think its my job to tell him to stop, he knows opiates are a slippery slope, hell we've had two friends die. I guess what i’m Getting at is sometimes it hard to know when to intervene

I guess the question is how often is he coming by? Tapering works to some degree and can get a person ready but at some point, wd's are a fact of life. I tapered for about 4 months but wound up going cold turkey after that. It was a rough 7 days and days 2, 3 and 4 were the gnarliest. If they have resources, they may want to go to actual rehab, even if it's just out-patient. The hard part will probably be dealing with the post acute withdrawal symptoms. Long term crappy sleep, fatigue and mud butt basically. Professional help may make that easier to deal with. At least that's my story.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 02:24:13 PM by jakeumms »
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2018, 02:22:31 PM »
I was think about Anthony Bourdain who had to struggle day-in and day-out getting paid a lot of money to travel around the world and eat.  It’s kind of a miracle he held out for as long as he did.

It’s the kind of struggle you really can’t appreciate until you’ve lived through it, I’m told.

there is no black and white answer unfortunately and at the end of the day it comes down to the person-- they have to want to stop or else they aren't going to.  its painful for everybody
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2018, 05:49:38 PM »
Expand Quote
How can I actually help someone close to me who is struggling with opiates? Rehab, giving them money, a place to stay, a job has failed and/or all backfired.

I'm sure there's tons of info on the web, but I'm interested in SLAP's thoughts and experiences.
[close]

There is no one long term solution, they need to hit rock bottom and want it for themselves.  But, in the short term have him/her carry around an EpiPen or two and make sure when using his friends also know how to use it.

A friend of mine overdosed and was kicked out of the apartment by his "friends" to lay there to die in the stairwell instead of calling for help or being able/willing to help.

Check the laws in your state as many have laws where you will not get into trouble if you are trying to help in the case of an overdose most people freak out and do nothing.

If they can afford inpatient care/rehab and they consent then that is probably the best bet and first step to recovery.

Ultimately, they need to deal with the source of the underlying pain they are trying to numb.
I have been resuscitated twice in a vain and cowardly attempt at a drug assisted suicide, I've failed both times as I was awoken by Narcan in Denver and in NYC both places I fucked up and it's been my main objective to be an opinionated life couch and inspiration for getting well and sober. Because if there was a drug that I could try I tried it except Krokodil and bath salts both of which are dumb as shit in the first place.

I also back this dudes advice check local laws as you could be charged if you are a suspect in or involved yourself in a overdose, first things first when someone is turning bluish grey, prop them up do CPR if that doesn't work roll to the side and fill rig with Narcan and jam it in the muscle in their thigh or butt yeah it'll put them in being instant dopesickness but it's better to be alive. Clean up any paraphernalia and anything that is incriminating as they will search the room if foul play or they think there's more.   

I had an exgf whom I hadn't seen in sometime in the bay area, we were at a show in the mission 16th record shop anyways I said hey let's get down later met up fooled around and I passed out. Next morning I put my hand on her neck to play like oh it's nice ya stuck around instead of bailing. As I put my hand on her it was freezing cold I jumped up in a panic like oh shit! looked over on her side dope cooker and half a rig still full instantly super bummed but cleaned up area and called coroners people I stuck around as I had to carry her out lets just say rigor-mortise is a bitch to carry a heavier woman out of.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

beazlocal

• Rep: -28
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2018, 05:55:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How can I actually help someone close to me who is struggling with opiates? Rehab, giving them money, a place to stay, a job has failed and/or all backfired.

I'm sure there's tons of info on the web, but I'm interested in SLAP's thoughts and experiences.
[close]

There is no one long term solution, they need to hit rock bottom and want it for themselves.  But, in the short term have him/her carry around an EpiPen or two and make sure when using his friends also know how to use it.

A friend of mine overdosed and was kicked out of the apartment by his "friends" to lay there to die in the stairwell instead of calling for help or being able/willing to help.

Check the laws in your state as many have laws where you will not get into trouble if you are trying to help in the case of an overdose most people freak out and do nothing.

If they can afford inpatient care/rehab and they consent then that is probably the best bet and first step to recovery.

Ultimately, they need to deal with the source of the underlying pain they are trying to numb.
[close]
I have been resuscitated twice in a vain and cowardly attempt at a drug assisted suicide, I've failed both times as I was awoken by Narcan in Denver and in NYC both places I fucked up and it's been my main objective to be an opinionated life couch and inspiration for getting well and sober. Because if there was a drug that I could try I tried it except Krokodil and bath salts both of which are dumb as shit in the first place.

I also back this dudes advice check local laws as you could be charged if you are a suspect in or involved yourself in a overdose, first things first when someone is turning bluish grey, prop them up do CPR if that doesn't work roll to the side and fill rig with Narcan and jam it in the muscle in their thigh or butt yeah it'll put them in being instant dopesickness but it's better to be alive. Clean up any paraphernalia and anything that is incriminating as they will search the room if foul play or they think there's more.   

I had an exgf whom I hadn't seen in sometime in the bay area, we were at a show in the mission 16th record shop anyways I said hey let's get down later met up fooled around and I passed out. Next morning I put my hand on her neck to play like oh it's nice ya stuck around instead of bailing. As I put my hand on her it was freezing cold I jumped up in a panic like oh shit! looked over on her side dope cooker and half a rig still full instantly super bummed but cleaned up area and called coroners people I stuck around as I had to carry her out lets just say rigor-mortise is a bitch to carry a heavier woman out of.

Drugs sound so cool man

poorlatino

• Rep: 41
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2018, 06:00:20 PM »
Some gay pop culture shit but Demi Lovato just overdosed off heroin.

kentrock

• Rep: -199
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2018, 06:16:17 PM »
Some gay pop culture shit but Demi Lovato just overdosed off heroin.

Coke and alcohol were her go to.

ChiefSQueff

• Rep: -263
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2018, 06:39:05 PM »
I love herion and pain pills. Theyre fun

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2018, 11:03:59 PM »
I didn't read a lot of this thread because I typically don't like how drug threads go on here, but as to the point about getting addicted so you can "bravely kick" - I really doubt that's a popular line of thinking. I think it's probably that so many people (including myself) think "well it's not going to happen to me" and then it does.

As for defending heroin, or drugs in general, I just wanna say that they prevented me from killing myself for a number of years. It was a tool for me to numb my mind and quiet my painful feelings. After a while, they didn't help anymore. The drugs work until they don't.

And I'm a little hippie woo woo, but I don't think heroin or alcohol on their own have an evil to it, an intention, a vibe, or whatever to them.

capnmcdoogle

• Rep: 0
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2020, 03:01:36 PM »
There's some lady that calls herself "LaHarra Fortune" showing up to the skate park in my hometown and accusing the locals of murdering Mark Hubbard. She's been harassing people in person and via multiple fake social media accounts. Do any of you know anything about this?

Here's a link to a video she posted on Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCzzdsYFtjI/?igshid=erg9e46ar45

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2020, 03:26:48 PM »
Slap has a way more permissive attitude about drug use than it does other illegal acts

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 50
  • energy vampire
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2020, 03:47:34 PM »
There's some lady that calls herself "LaHarra Fortune" showing up to the skate park in my hometown and accusing the locals of murdering Mark Hubbard. She's been harassing people in person and via multiple fake social media accounts. Do any of you know anything about this?

I’m not going to make fun of someone who is obviously mentally ill like that lady, but if anything the skaters at that park showed incredible restraint letting her holler nonsense for that long before kicking her ass out of there.

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2020, 03:58:37 PM »

Lol damn that bitch is out there

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2020, 04:22:07 PM »

What the fuck is wrong with your local.

Throwing rocks and hitting the disturbed is NEVER the answer.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

hateboard

• Rep: -277
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2020, 04:40:48 PM »

Whats the back story here? The local lads lord over that shitty skate park and she thinks they conspired to kill Jake Phelps and Hubbard? Crazy bitch deserved something, maybe not being clubbed to death with a baseball bat but if you walked into the wrong part of town and started calling everyone dick sucking murdering cunts, you would be lucky to walk away at all. She got off lightly if you ask me.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2020, 04:45:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What the fuck is wrong with your local.

Throwing rocks and hitting the disturbed is NEVER the answer.
She's been on this shit since he died. We had a thread on it a awhile ago, shit probably gets old.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2020, 05:02:24 PM »
Pretty confused as to why this two year old topic was bumped with this completely unrelated subject. 

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2020, 06:43:52 PM »

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2020, 07:15:06 PM »
But is heroin really the elephant in the room?

Judging from the Figgy thread, the pros who abruptly become irrelevant, even the losers I know in real life that had potential...it seems like the real elephant in the room is the normalcy of alcohol abuse in our culture, but whatever.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2020, 11:25:58 PM »
Is elephant skateboards still running?

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2020, 11:52:08 PM »

Judging from the Figgy thread, the pros who abruptly become irrelevant, even the losers I know in real life that had potential...it seems like the real elephant in the room is the normalcy of alcohol abuse in our culture, but whatever.

Word, imo alcohol is worse than heroin in every way imaginable

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2020, 05:00:01 AM »
also don't know one addict who was like "YEA MAN, STARTED SHOOTING DOPE BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS FUCKING COOL"

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2020, 05:05:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If it's really clean dope but that's gone to my knowledge.

Same with blow.

I was offered (yayo) the other day I said I'm going to add water to offered line to provide proof that you got fake shit.

Your not wasting it maaaaaaan. I'm like that's right
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2020, 05:29:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

really? you know people who can casually do heroin?
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.