Author Topic: Is lowering your standards of "good" due to gender not in its self sexist?  (Read 16496 times)

Surf-goth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -677
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
but you're a fucking moron though
[close]
redundant  ;D
goes with being pro-life.
the term in itself is moronic
[close]

So women should just kill babies cause they wanna sleep around? And don't gimme that rape bullshit
[close]
Rape bullshit?? Are you fucking kidding me? You act like getting an abortion isn’t a severely traumatic experience for the women involved. You really think people get enjoyment out of having to rip a potential (notice how I said “potential”; as in, not yet living) life out of themselves?
Get fucked by a Mack truck, you dork.
[close]
I was at the bar after work yesterday talking to an old-timer who was in about his early twenties when Roe v. Wade came down. He excitedly described the uptick in promiscuity. I don't know, wasn't there. Sounded fun though.

Not all women are traumatized by abortion, bro. I think it's sexist to assume that they would have some emotional connection to a group of cells growing in their bodies simply because they are women.

Back to the topic at hand, I like watching girls skate. Sometimes for selfish reasons (they look good and they are sometimes skimpily dressed) but also because girls sometimes have their own steez that dudes can't really emulate.
[close]
The handful of women I’ve talked to about their experience, those of whom I’ve been very close to throughout the years, have told me that it was one of the most traumatic experiences they’ve had to go through.
Not only because they’ve had to make one of the toughest decisions they’ve ever had to make, but because they have to live with that secret for the rest of their lives.
They’ve all expressed extreme guilt because of this, but all were necessary. Maybe not all women feel the same, but I can say that I feel the majority dread ever having to make the decision.
[close]

I know a few women who have had one but I'll describe two:

One was 15, in a relationship with an physically abusive shitbag who is still an abusive shitbag 25 years later. No regrets.

The other was 18, hated kids, had a dipshit boyfriend who couldn't pay a phone bill, and still doesn't have much use for kids 25 years later. No regrets.

Not to get into specifics but these events led to multiple children being born decades later who are loved and well cared for and would not exist if certain people had their way over all women's bodies. If you believe these young women should have lived with their earlier bad choices, it's the same as saying the kids who were born years later shouldn't be alive.

There are probably thousands of stories like this that are never spoken of.

It ends up becoming some dark secret because in this country there are plenty of holier than thou assholes who can and will ruin your reputation and career because they disapprove of how you handled shit you weren't equipped to handle.

Let me also point out because it often goes unsaid in the discussion that childbirth is incredibly traumatic. Gestating a child for nine months then giving birth is traumatic and a woman's body is not the same afterwards. Period. Any evidence to the contrary is Photoshopped. Maternity care costs a fortune. Raising kids is hell under the best of circumstances.

Hey look I'm glaf they're happy and got the kids they wanted in the end but what I'm saying is be careful who you fuck and how. Babies don't deserve to die cause your pussy gets hot
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Surf-goth

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No it's not.

What is sexist is denying women representation in skateboarding on the basis they physically do not have the same capabilities as males. Equality doesn't mean absolute equality.
[close]

If it's not absolute then it isn't equality
[close]

I suppose you would equally want the right to an abortion then? I mean, if it has to be absolute
[close]

Well yes i want a say in an abortion if it's my lady. I'm pro life.
[close]

lmao of course you are

Without insulting anyone and giving me a clear reason, what's funny about wanting people to be careful and not killing kids?
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

HisDudest

• Rep: -140
These women fuckin suck at skating. Their best tricks wouldn't even be B-Roll for real pros.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Expand Quote
No it's not.

What is sexist is denying women representation in skateboarding on the basis they physically do not have the same capabilities as males. Equality doesn't mean absolute equality.
[close]

This seems to encapsulate the core of arguments against ‘feminism’ or ‘the myth of equality ‘.

It’s a stupid argument to say that equality means everything needs to be absolute. Mainly because,

NO ONE IS THE SAME. Everyone has a different mentality, body, history, injuries, etc that prevent them from being ‘absolutely’ equal. Yet equality is still a thing. Ask yourself why. It isn’t to do with ability, because we’re all great and we all suck at different things.

Male and female bodies are different. Read up on physiology, the q-angle, hormones, muscle mass. Women don’t have the bodies men do, (and people who have transitioned from male to female have noticed loss of muscle mass, King Shit did an interview with a skater who transitioned and her story is interesting, she lost the ability to skate like before.

So when people get stoked on women skating, it’s not just that they are having fun and have a nice style, it’s also because they have a different starting point and challenges that need to be understood.

That’s what equality means, recognizing that someone is different, yet still has a life to live like the rest of us.

The whole attempted misunderstanding at ‘equality’ seems like a lazy justification for people who just want to keep things the same.

I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Surf-goth

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No it's not.

[close]

[close]

This seems to encapsulate the core of arguments against ‘feminism’ or ‘the myth of equality ‘.

It’s a stupid argument to say that equality means everything needs to be absolute. Mainly because,

NO ONE IS THE SAME. Everyone has a different mentality, body, history, injuries, etc that prevent them from being ‘absolutely’ equal. Yet equality is still a thing. Ask yourself why. It isn’t to do with ability, because we’re all great and we all suck at different things.

Male and female bodies are different. Read up on physiology, the q-angle, hormones, muscle mass. Women don’t have the bodies men do, (and people who have transitioned from male to female have noticed loss of muscle mass, King Shit did an interview with a skater who transitioned and her story is interesting, she lost the ability to skate like before.

So when people get stoked on women skating, it’s not just that they are having fun and have a nice style, it’s also because they have a different starting point and challenges that need to be understood.

That’s what equality means, recognizing that someone is different, yet still has a life to live like the rest of us.

The whole attempted misunderstanding at ‘equality’ seems like a lazy justification for people who just want to keep things the same.

So then the standards really are lowered to tailor to their weaker abilities then.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No it's not.

[close]

[close]

[close]

So then the standards really are lowered to tailor to their weaker abilities then.

Only if you insist on comparing women and men as if they were the exact same, allowing you to raise/lower a set “standard”.  If you recognize fundamental differences, there is no ‘lowering’ to something that was never the same in the first place.

Such comparisons are superficial, as the ladies are shredding at a level that is high “for them”.

An assumption on my part, but I take it you don’t ride with many female skaters, you don’t seem to appreciate the unique differences/difficulties they face.

Edited for clarity
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 06:44:56 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

CorneliusCardew

• Rep: -53
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
I want to see BATB XI where it’s guys vs girls

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2560
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Why?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Surf-goth

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
No it's not.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Only if you insist on comparing women and men as if they were the exact same, allowing you to raise/lower a set “standard”.  If you recognize fundamental differences, there is no ‘lowering’ to something that was never the same in the first place.

Such comparisons are superficial, as the ladies are shredding at a level that is high “for them”.

An assumption on my part, but I take it you don’t ride with many female skaters, you don’t seem to appreciate the unique differences/difficulties they face.

Edited for clarity

Never skated with a girl no. And if you notice i never said women sucked. I do love elissa and marissa. All i was saying that by comparison to male skaters they are not as good but yes they're good in their own right.

Rest in peace Dick Dale.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
Sure but it's skateboarding and it's not about who's better...it's about who do you like....you think the Alltimers team is better than the Element team?  Does it matter?  If you can't do a kickflip do you not belong in skating? 

While skating has competitive elements....it's not the driving force any longer, skaters have culturally decided that....so there's no reason why chicks should be on the sidelines...

CorneliusCardew

Why?

It’s the closest thing to a controlled experiment that we are likely to get.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
What do you want to prove?

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
Girls on skate is pretty boring. Shit style and no power. Look at the Nora, chick looks like has down syndrome. Just because she skates  tranny, people are hype on her.

Same with SP.

bawtawdinfinity

Trannies could solve this crisis.

Surf-goth

Trannies are really just castrated men so no they couldn't.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

bawtawdinfinity

Expand Quote
[close]

no I'm talking about the ones that still have a penis.

Surf-goth

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My bad dude you're right.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

CorneliusCardew

I think it’s like they did with tennis. A bunch of women will win and we’ll have a new point of departure for this discussion

euro tm

a majority of these comments make me ashamed to be a human being

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Wow, you've really done your research...

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
Might as well browse 4chan. What the fuck happened to SLAP?
4chan came to Slap.

Surf-goth

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Wow, you've really done your research...

What do i need to do research on exactly?
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
All things trans, it appears.

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
girl skaters are gnarly if you appreciate skateboarding for what it is.. its not just a best trick contest
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
My god, people, we all came from a woman. A little respect maybe.

calvinsdream

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
but you're a fucking moron though
[close]
redundant  ;D
goes with being pro-life.
the term in itself is moronic
[close]

So women should just kill babies cause they wanna sleep around? And don't gimme that rape bullshit
[close]
Rape bullshit?? Are you fucking kidding me? You act like getting an abortion isn’t a severely traumatic experience for the women involved. You really think people get enjoyment out of having to rip a potential (notice how I said “potential”; as in, not yet living) life out of themselves?
Get fucked by a Mack truck, you dork.
[close]
I was at the bar after work yesterday talking to an old-timer who was in about his early twenties when Roe v. Wade came down. He excitedly described the uptick in promiscuity. I don't know, wasn't there. Sounded fun though.

Not all women are traumatized by abortion, bro. I think it's sexist to assume that they would have some emotional connection to a group of cells growing in their bodies simply because they are women.

Back to the topic at hand, I like watching girls skate. Sometimes for selfish reasons (they look good and they are sometimes skimpily dressed) but also because girls sometimes have their own steez that dudes can't really emulate.
[close]
The handful of women I’ve talked to about their experience, those of whom I’ve been very close to throughout the years, have told me that it was one of the most traumatic experiences they’ve had to go through.
Not only because they’ve had to make one of the toughest decisions they’ve ever had to make, but because they have to live with that secret for the rest of their lives.
They’ve all expressed extreme guilt because of this, but all were necessary. Maybe not all women feel the same, but I can say that I feel the majority dread ever having to make the decision.
[close]

I know a few women who have had one but I'll describe two:

One was 15, in a relationship with an physically abusive shitbag who is still an abusive shitbag 25 years later. No regrets.

The other was 18, hated kids, had a dipshit boyfriend who couldn't pay a phone bill, and still doesn't have much use for kids 25 years later. No regrets.

Not to get into specifics but these events led to multiple children being born decades later who are loved and well cared for and would not exist if certain people had their way over all women's bodies. If you believe these young women should have lived with their earlier bad choices, it's the same as saying the kids who were born years later shouldn't be alive.

There are probably thousands of stories like this that are never spoken of.

It ends up becoming some dark secret because in this country there are plenty of holier than thou assholes who can and will ruin your reputation and career because they disapprove of how you handled shit you weren't equipped to handle.

Let me also point out because it often goes unsaid in the discussion that childbirth is incredibly traumatic. Gestating a child for nine months then giving birth is traumatic and a woman's body is not the same afterwards. Period. Any evidence to the contrary is Photoshopped. Maternity care costs a fortune. Raising kids is hell under the best of circumstances.
[close]

Hey look I'm glaf they're happy and got the kids they wanted in the end but what I'm saying is be careful who you fuck and how. Babies don't deserve to die cause your pussy gets hot

Jesus

Surf-goth

My god, people, we all came from a woman. A little respect maybe.

I love and respect my mother but that doesn't change facts
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

Surf-goth

All things trans, it appears.

Nope. Nothing to understand. They're mentally I'll men
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

calvinsdream

a majority of these comments make me ashamed to be a human being

Swithflip