Author Topic: Is lowering your standards of "good" due to gender not in its self sexist?  (Read 16478 times)

I-HATE-YOU

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
Why is everyone pretending to be so hyped on female skaters?

Put yourself in that position. Would you want to be given false praise when you know you are not at the same level
as your peers? 

Its patronizing and shows your sexism of lower expectations.

bawtawdinfinity

Stop being a faggot.

JerrySeinfeld

• Rep: -3
This has been discussed on this forum before. It’s all marketing. You don’t get sponsored for being the best. You get sponced for being marketable and being able to push product. That’s why Gino had a Nike colorway this year and Colt Cannon did not. People want to see females in skateboarding. Brands can make money off of it. It’s not about tricks, it’s about money. Most things are about money.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 705
"Is lowering your standards of "good" due to gender not in its self sexist?"

If your "standards" keep leading you back to discriminate against an entire group, then it's your standards that are the problem. If that's too complicated for you, go do something with numbers you can point to.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
im mostly hyped to look at young chicks in tight pants...but just because people enjoy what the ladies do doesnt mean they have lowered their standards. what are examples of lowing standards due to gender? do you only like skating that is the best of the best? liking anything less is lowering standards? skating is hard and i give out praise for crappy tricks at the skatepark all day long. I know how hard the tricks are and how bad i suck at doing them so i praise these chicks and everyone else for landing tricks. just because some girls tricks aren't on par with your favorite video star doesnt mean that they're not good at skating. do only people who skate above your imaginary level get any praise.

name a sport or physical contest that is truly coed anyway. marathon running maybe?

I do think that Lacey Baker has terribly forced style even though she does sick tricks.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3313
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
I'm glad you're fighting the good fight on these message boards. Please never stop standing up for what you believe is right and good.

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
Never stop posting!

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2190

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
I’ve been abusing the ignore button since the Jessee nazi thread. You should too

itsyourdad

• Rep: 56
this post isn’t gonna help you lose your virginity kid

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
If I were to put myself in the position of a business that needed to sponsor women I would put this girl on, she is hotter than 99% of all female skaters and actually knows how to ride a skateboard
https://www.instagram.com/3piecefromcanes/

I'm honestly shocked that Kevin Rodriguez is sponsored, I think he's actually a paid actor who was forced to learn how to skate.

Anyways I totally disagree with what all these companies are doing, skateboarding isn't about fun, it's about being the best which makes you feel like you have the biggest dick, and you anatomically can't do that if you're a woman sorry but at least you can help sell boards.

All that being said AA is my favorite sk8r because he's the best and probably has the biggest dick

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
I’ve been abusing the ignore button since the Jessee nazi thread. You should too

Edit: and before you tell me I don’t care about freedom of speech or some other hogwash (I read some of your posts), let me say you have the right to say whatever ignorant things you want (well, within reason... but I’m not about to open up the can of worms that is 1st amendment limitations). I just have the right to ignore you, and as a community we certainly have a right to condemn you. It’s a freedom of speech, not a requirement to be listened to.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 04:29:30 PM by happenstance »

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
Female representation is important in skateboarding so eat a dick Broseph

Hoeboi

• Rep: -362
i wish i was the dickies tm. i would be sending these chicks mad khakis for RnD and ask for them to ship them back to me after a few weeks of use so i could conduct some wear analysis, but instead i would just huff the shit outta the crotches.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677

If your "standards" keep leading you back to discriminate against an entire group, then it's your standards that are the problem. If that's too complicated for you, go do something with numbers you can point to.

No you're an idiot the dude has a point
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

pinkbananastatus

• Rep: 10
I don't think anyone who is genuinely hyped on girls in skateboarding are "lowering their standards." If someone gets me excited to go skate, then I'm a fan. There are tons of different types of skaters who get me stoked to skate. Some of them happen to not have a dick. It's the same reason people still dick ride Gino all these years later. Cause he's got something about him that makes skating seem fun. That trait has zero correlation to the sex of the skater. Scott Johnston gets me excited to skate. So does Nora. Nyjah and Leticia Bufoni do not.

Hope that clears things up. If you're still lost at this point,
Stop being a faggot.
I don't really understand what's going on and I haven't read this thread yet, but I can tell I'm angry.

Hoeboi

• Rep: -362
i fuck with Davíd Gonzales

TommyDuggs

• Rep: 1
This question only makes sense if you think skating is just about trying to do the hardest tricks possible. If that's what you're into, that's cool, go watch ETN or some shit sponsored by Mtn Dew. But there is a lot more to appreciate in skating than really hard tricks.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I want to see the rubric that shows the standards
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
I don't think anyone who is genuinely hyped on girls in skateboarding are "lowering their standards." If someone gets me excited to go skate, then I'm a fan. There are tons of different types of skaters who get me stoked to skate. Some of them happen to not have a dick. It's the same reason people still dick ride Gino all these years later. Cause he's got something about him that makes skating seem fun. That trait has zero correlation to the sex of the skater. Scott Johnston gets me excited to skate. So does Nora. Nyjah and Leticia Bufoni do not.

Hope that clears things up. If you're still lost at this point,
Expand Quote
Stop being a faggot.
[close]
Like when you get hyped on someone you're skating with do some ez shit you could do no problem. Skating's tight if you're having fun.

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
I want to see the rubric that shows the standards

Reminds me of Kelly Bird or some lakai rep talking about mike mo's sponsor me tape:
"he did ledge shit, manual shit, jumped down shit, so kid was good by me"

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
welcome to slap messages™

Surf-goth

Y'all love to hate on sean pablo but supposedly are hyped on girl skaters oh but also hate anyone being attracted to them. Funny cause sean pablo is either on par or better than all of them. Elissa and marissa excluded though they're the queens ❤
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 705
Expand Quote

[close]

You've convinced me

Surf-goth

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You've convinced me

We're pretty much best friends now

Rest in peace Dick Dale.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
In 5-10 years girls level of skating will far beyond what it is today.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

You've convinced me
[close]

We're pretty much best friends now
Y'all should go do karate in the basement

Surf-goth

In 5-10 years girls level of skating will far beyond what it is today.

Yeah the pro girls will be maybe almost male flow level
Rest in peace Dick Dale.