Author Topic: Jake Phelps persona non grata  (Read 122190 times)

bawtawdinfinity

Re: Jake Phelps persona non grata
« Reply #270 on: June 17, 2018, 08:09:44 PM »
Bro you’ve actively came on here like I’m so strung out and glorified your drug use and other weird fetishes.
sounds like a good zine.

Heres a vision I never seen before. Hear this angle, skate mag with cookie cutter interviews and travel articles. Woah.

expired

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #271 on: June 17, 2018, 08:30:53 PM »
If I had to spend more then a couple minutes with phelps i'd lose as many braincells as he did trying to bomb that hill last year.

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -39
« Reply #272 on: June 17, 2018, 09:28:21 PM »
If I had to spend more then a couple minutes with phelps i'd lose as many braincells as he did trying to bomb that hill last year.

He’s in the single digits anyway, so he’s not losing very many at a time.  The remaining braincells have built up an immunity to every pharmaceutical and narcotic on the market and are now supercells anyways.

He’s basically a cockroach at this point

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #273 on: June 17, 2018, 10:35:02 PM »
Expand Quote
It's really time to put all these geriatric ghouls out to pasture & for a changing of the guard -- skateboarding is overwhelmingly a youth-dominated subculture yet these middle-aged(or older) cornball gatekeepers persist despite having little of value to offer.
[close]

As much as I agree with you..about referring to Phelps. I cringe of horror what skateboarding will become with the 'youth' in charge. Bunch of fucking clueless add selfless goobers running it?! Nahh...I'm straight. Fuck the industry, let it all burn.

This changing of the guard already happened years ago. Revive is already bigger than Girl/Chocolate and more kids watch Rad Rat than read Thrasher.

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
« Reply #274 on: June 17, 2018, 11:44:04 PM »
inb4 he apologizes (or actually, Thrasher makes him apologize) and then the industry circle jerks him with heart emojis on insta and hates on SLAP for trying to "ruin people's lives"

He won't apologise unless there's a video of him being racist it spitting on a girl or w/e.

TD

• Rep: -2
« Reply #275 on: June 18, 2018, 12:51:46 AM »

This changing of the guard already happened years ago. Revive is already bigger than Girl/Chocolate and more kids watch Rad Rat than read Thrasher.

It's depressing as hell that revive filled that gap, but it's true. It's all over now

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #276 on: June 18, 2018, 02:03:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Makes me wonder if him throwing that apple at Shuriken was an accident after all...
[close]
How do you accidentally throw an apple at someone?
Also I can confirm Phelps and crew were shooting Roman candles, throwing cans, bottles, firecrackers, and other random shit (not product) at kids during the KOTR 2005 meetup at the Louisville park. They were just posted up on the grass hill above the park, doing weird shit, trying to hit people. Seriously aiming Roman Candles at unsuspecting kids. I was 13, it was weird, I kinda knew who he was but had no idea what to think. He got arrested. Strange day.
[close]

That's great. Phelps needs to double down and pick a fight with a 2 year old, one way ticket to forever-legend status.
I’m not trying to throw shade. I mean, I guess I am, idk, but it happened. I think I’ve posted this before, but he offered product to anyone who could kickflip the 6 over the long flat sidewalk to the street on the edge of the park before Tosh, the knome gawd Danny M did it first, walked up to Phelps like “hey I did it” and phelps lit him up. I’m pretty sure he eventually got a deluxe box for his troubles, and I’m not trying to air Danny’s dirty laundry, but it was wild. Phelps just seems straight up crazy, I dunno.

im probably lying

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #277 on: June 18, 2018, 02:16:04 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It's depressing as hell that revive filled that gap, but it's true. It's all over now
Revive didn't fill that gap, FA did. Revive is just a kooky subculture of our subculture.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

tb303

• Rep: -141
  • acid drop
« Reply #278 on: June 18, 2018, 05:21:30 AM »
Phelps is the man,
>works for a skateboard magazine
>travels the world to different skateboarding events
> calls a spade a spade
>constantly triggering the thought police community
>decides the MVP of skateboarders each year
>creates fun for teens by lighting a few crackers

sesh what an asshole

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #279 on: June 18, 2018, 05:46:25 AM »
^ fuck off, greentexter

Mongoloid

« Reply #280 on: June 18, 2018, 05:56:12 AM »
^ fuck off, greentexter

> Be Me
> 38 Male Virgin

Etc..

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #281 on: June 18, 2018, 06:26:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's really time to put all these geriatric ghouls out to pasture & for a changing of the guard -- skateboarding is overwhelmingly a youth-dominated subculture yet these middle-aged(or older) cornball gatekeepers persist despite having little of value to offer.
[close]

As much as I agree with you..about referring to Phelps. I cringe of horror what skateboarding will become with the 'youth' in charge. Bunch of fucking clueless add selfless goobers running it?! Nahh...I'm straight. Fuck the industry, let it all burn.
[close]

Pretty sure rad rat doesn't get THAT many views. But yeah I hate remive so much, such a sterilized version of skating. What human acts like they do?
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #282 on: June 18, 2018, 06:37:30 AM »
Phelps is the man,
>works for a skateboard magazine
>travels the world to different skateboarding events
> calls a spade a spade
>constantly triggering the thought police community
>decides the MVP of skateboarders each year
>creates fun for teens by lighting a few crackers

sesh what an asshole

He shouldn't be using that word.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2552
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #283 on: June 18, 2018, 06:44:07 AM »
constantly triggering the thought police community

By using racial slurs. What a role model!
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Jonny Utah

• Rep: -32
« Reply #284 on: June 18, 2018, 06:52:36 AM »
Apparently Jake is accused of spitting at a nine year old girl skating the bowl at HOV London as well as other skaters. The next day at southbank and Stockwell park he was heard throwing racial slurs and forced to leave by locals. Details are sketchy but he's also allegedly squared up to young black skaters after his slurs.

Allegedly....pics/video of this incident or it never went down PopJerk😆

SlappyBum

• Rep: -4
« Reply #285 on: June 18, 2018, 06:54:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Apparently Jake is accused of spitting at a nine year old girl skating the bowl at HOV London as well as other skaters. The next day at southbank and Stockwell park he was heard throwing racial slurs and forced to leave by locals. Details are sketchy but he's also allegedly squared up to young black skaters after his slurs.

[close]

You must be fun

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
« Reply #286 on: June 18, 2018, 07:40:25 AM »
I've been beating this drum for years irl, but it's an absolute fucking embarrassment to skateboarding that the EIC of skateboarding's most prominent publication is a barely literate junkie kook. Thrasher should've 86ed him years ago and handed the reigns over to Burnett.

Also, while we're spreading rumors about Phelps being a loathed dumbass, I remember hearing that he's banned from Jersey. I think he tried swinging his dick around at a demo in Sayreville and pissed off the wrong people. I think @andrew_nagavelli posted about it and NJ Skateshop backed it up in the comments. Feel free to chime in if you know more about this. *coughcoughNieratkocoughcough*

shark tits

« Reply #287 on: June 18, 2018, 07:47:26 AM »
I've been beating this drum for years irl, but it's an absolute fucking embarrassment to skateboarding that the EIC of skateboarding's most prominent publication is a barely literate junkie kook. Thrasher should've 86ed him years ago and handed the reigns over to Burnett.

Also, while we're spreading rumors about Phelps being a loathed dumbass, I remember hearing that he's banned from Jersey. I think he tried swinging his dick around at a demo in Sayreville and pissed off the wrong people. I think @andrew_nagavelli posted about it and NJ Skateshop backed it up in the comments. Feel free to chime in if you know more about this. *coughcoughNieratkocoughcough*
damn, first chief keef and now t-ed?
nj is gonna be just redman, weck and neiratko if they keep banning folks.

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
« Reply #288 on: June 18, 2018, 08:50:35 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Even if they were the only three people in Jersey, it would still be impossible to get a table at Jose Tejas. Too many Staten Islanders.
Also, the Keef ban should be lifted. Everyone in Jersey that isn't a Newark crip bumps Faneto.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 999
« Reply #289 on: June 18, 2018, 09:02:00 AM »
Can't say I'm surprised but still disappointed.

This also makes me wonder: what's a post-Phelps Thrasher gonna be like/who would take the helm?

Probably the same. I doubt Phelps has any positive effect on the day-to-day of Thrasher.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #290 on: June 18, 2018, 09:04:18 AM »
Phelps is such a cornball kook. Presents himself as a ‘true skateboarder’ with all the legitimacy of a cop pretending to be cool. So cringeworthy and sad. Hes basically a terrible video gane character cut scene.

This intro speech makes my skin crawl.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3328
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #291 on: June 18, 2018, 09:11:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Okay SLAP, it's time to band together and work hard in order to convince Johnny Utah that this actually happened. Without Johnny Utah's backing, this isn't going anywhere. If Johnny Utah doesn't believe that this went down, does it make any sound? Johnny Utah is who we need on our side to make the world a better place for you and me. Please Johnny Utah! PLEASE!!!

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #292 on: June 18, 2018, 09:29:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Okay SLAP, it's time to band together and work hard in order to convince Johnny Utah that this actually happened. Without Johnny Utah's backing, this isn't going anywhere. If Johnny Utah doesn't believe that this went down, does it make any sound? Johnny Utah is who we need on our side to make the world a better place for you and me. Please Johnny Utah! PLEASE!!!

Wait I don’t want to back Johnny Utah because I’m not even sure if he’s from Utah. Allegedly he is but we’re not sure, so pics/vids Johnny or you’re a fucking liar.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
« Reply #293 on: June 18, 2018, 09:34:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Wait I don’t want to back Johnny Utah because I’m not even sure if he’s from Utah. Allegedly he is but we’re not sure, so pics/vids Johnny or you’re a fucking liar.
He's just some hotshot ex-college football player turned FBI agent that's young,dumb,and full of cum.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #294 on: June 18, 2018, 09:51:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Sounds like someones looking to be banned from NJ also.

shark tits

« Reply #295 on: June 18, 2018, 09:54:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

oh man, however will i get from new york to philly now?
all that asides, some of my favorite skaters are from jersey. basically all of them except mike v.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #296 on: June 18, 2018, 09:57:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #297 on: June 18, 2018, 09:57:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
oh man, however will i get from new york to philly now?
all that asides, some of my favorite skaters are from jersey. basically all of them except mike v.

Nobody wants mike v.

SlappyBum

• Rep: -4
« Reply #298 on: June 18, 2018, 10:10:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
He's just some hotshot ex-college football player turned FBI agent that's young,dumb,and full of cum.

A loose cannon with nothing to lose

ElxAres

• Rep: -13
« Reply #299 on: June 18, 2018, 12:09:35 PM »
How is pops still alive? The man looked 80 15 years ago