Author Topic: austyn of wknd  (Read 83329 times)

Big Baby Jesus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
Re: austyn of wknd
« Reply #270 on: September 12, 2018, 04:28:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just imagine how fucking rad a company under the FA umbrella with Austyn, Jerry, Jake Anderson, and Louie Lopez would be.
[close]

I'm not a huge fan of the FA camp but man, that does sound sweet.
[close]
Mason too?
[close]

Over Dill's dead body.
[close]

do they have beef?
[close]

I can't imagine they do, maybe he's saying dill wouldn't have somebody who rode for element on the team? Regardless of how fucking gnarly mason silva is?
[close]

I am a big Mason Silva fan. I don't know specifics of why it ain't happening, but it ain't happening. People who you would need to say yes said no.
[close]
Damn shame, I love his skating. At least Element seems to be treating him well.

Sucks. Mason is amazing and it be interesting to find out who said no. However, I'm sure he gets a really nice downside guarantee from element. if keelsn dadd was getting 10k monthly from dgk, I would like to believe element riders are making around that after royalties.  and will get a steady output of footage including elements new full length.

Unrelated, but I can't wait for more Westgate footage. Curious to see how much footage appleyard has and if bam has any. I think the surprise part will end up being Julian Davidson.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #271 on: September 12, 2018, 05:33:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just imagine how fucking rad a company under the FA umbrella with Austyn, Jerry, Jake Anderson, and Louie Lopez would be.
[close]

[close]
Mason too?
[close]

Over Dill's dead body.
[close]

do they have beef?
[close]

I can't imagine they do, maybe he's saying dill wouldn't have somebody who rode for element on the team? Regardless of how fucking gnarly mason silva is?
[close]

I am a big Mason Silva fan. I don't know specifics of why it ain't happening, but it ain't happening. People who you would need to say yes said no.
[close]
[close]

Sucks. Mason is amazing and it be interesting to find out who said no. However, I'm sure he gets a really nice downside guarantee from element. if keelsn dadd was getting 10k monthly from dgk, I would like to believe element riders are making around that after royalties.  and will get a steady output of footage including elements new full length.

Unrelated, but I can't wait for more Westgate footage. Curious to see how much footage appleyard has and if bam has any. I think the surprise part will end up being Julian Davidson.
i mean they've been filming that element video for how many years? quitting immediately after it comes out would be super sketch, regardless of who said no.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 347
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #272 on: September 12, 2018, 06:16:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Mason too?
[close]

Over Dill's dead body.
[close]

do they have beef?
[close]

[close]

crazy. i would put mason on just about anything i had. dudes one of the my favorites these days for sure

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #273 on: September 12, 2018, 07:22:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Mason too?
[close]

Over Dill's dead body.
[close]

do they have beef?
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
i mean they've been filming that element video for how many years? quitting immediately after it comes out would be super sketch, regardless of who said no.

Don't think anyone's said he's quitting. Just implied that he didn't get the votes needed to be invited to join the FA camp If they were looking to make additions... Similar to someone saying no when Anti Hero discusses adding Dylan. Can't remember who squashed that though.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

sweatin

« Reply #274 on: September 13, 2018, 12:15:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Mason too?
[close]

Over Dill's dead body.
[close]

do they have beef?
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Don't think anyone's said he's quitting. Just implied that he didn't get the votes needed to be invited to join the FA camp If they were looking to make additions... Similar to someone saying no when Anti Hero discusses adding Dylan. Can't remember who squashed that though.

I think it was Tony T.

Pigeon

« Reply #275 on: October 14, 2018, 12:12:42 PM »
3rd fa company isn't going to happen.

so, one of the best skateboarders in the world does not have a board sponsor. what a crazy world.
He can go back to Habitat.

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
« Reply #276 on: October 14, 2018, 12:46:04 PM »
Expand Quote

so, one of the best skateboarders in the world does not have a board sponsor. what a crazy world.
[close]

Brad Saunders took his spot.  ::)

I'd like to see Austyn on Isle. Small enough team for him to shine on and they can expand their States' representation.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #277 on: October 14, 2018, 12:49:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Brad Saunders took his spot.  ::)

I'd like to see Austyn on Isle. Small enough team for him to shine on and they can expand their States' representation.

maybe this sounds crazy but i think isle wouldnt be as good with some as huge as him. they are pretty freaking good as they are.

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #278 on: October 14, 2018, 02:46:09 PM »
I haven't hear any confirmations on the new brand, but rumor is Louie is leaving Flip and Bobby DeKeyzer is officially of Habitat. BDK on an FA camp brand would be interesting.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 347
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #279 on: October 14, 2018, 02:55:46 PM »

we had no proof of there being a 3rd team in the beginning, and we have no proof now. therefore, i clearly believe you.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #280 on: October 14, 2018, 03:46:57 PM »
I heard the same thing honey island did: both Austyn and Jake jumped the gun in quitting their board sponsors for a theoretical third brand, and they’re up the creek now.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Jacob Gary

« Reply #281 on: October 14, 2018, 04:28:06 PM »
Jake who? Did I miss something?

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -610
« Reply #282 on: October 14, 2018, 05:37:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

we had no proof of there being a 3rd team in the beginning, and we have no proof now. therefore, i clearly believe you.

didn't austyn confirm he was doing a new company with them in a recent interview, but refused to go into specifics?
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #283 on: October 14, 2018, 06:21:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I think so. If I recall, he said he wasn't going to be involved in the brand - aside from skating for it - since he's busy with Former. He was pretty vague on details regarding the brand.

didn't austyn confirm he was doing a new company with them in a recent interview, but refused to go into specifics?

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #284 on: October 14, 2018, 06:26:31 PM »
There is proof of the third brand. Funeral Home Skateboards:

https://trademarks.justia.com/owners/fass-em-inc-2887894/

Interesting if austyn is on it.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

euro tm

« Reply #285 on: October 14, 2018, 06:38:37 PM »
There is proof of the third brand. Funeral Home Skateboards:

https://trademarks.justia.com/owners/fass-em-inc-2887894/

Interesting if austyn is on it.

hockey and fa both have the legal right to make lingerie haha

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #286 on: October 14, 2018, 06:53:40 PM »
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

virginsiloveem

• Rep: -11
« Reply #287 on: October 14, 2018, 07:56:46 PM »
Apparently there still trying to do the brand, full and ave we’re down but I guess a couple of the “kids” weren’t down for them. They’re going to do the atypical shop it around to Dlx and when that fails you’ll see it launch sometime next year. They all definitely did jump the gun quitting their board brands though to get a taste of that FA money.

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #288 on: October 14, 2018, 08:33:02 PM »
Do you guys like philips head or Allen key hardware more?

Phillips is more convenient for me and the rest of the World....That dood from the 540 Fahrenheit Podcast always talk shit about people who use Phillips head Hardware. He such a cool Guy for using Allen heads !!
Do You even Street Style ???

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #289 on: October 14, 2018, 09:13:33 PM »
Expand Quote
I haven't hear any confirmations on the new brand, but rumor is Louie is leaving Flip and Bobby DeKeyzer is officially of Habitat. BDK on an FA camp brand would be interesting.
[close]

bobby is getting on quasi.

i really hope he doesnt get on quasi he just doesnt fit i'd rather see him on polar

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #290 on: October 14, 2018, 11:03:20 PM »
Expand Quote
rumor is Louie is leaving Flip & Bobby DeKeyzer is officially of Habitat. BDK on an FA camp brand would be interesting
[close]
bobby is getting on quasi

guess we'll see about quasi! hockey would be cool, keep the goth phase going. crail should blow their allowance on debobby. put him on chocolate, get ppl psyched. could be their new scott johnston, plus his timeline aligns nicely w/ new girl ams

if third FA brand doesn't happen/they're free agents now, austyn & louie would go a long way in helping to revive girl/chocolate as well. they'd fit almost anywhere tho so i'm sure they'll get plenty of offers, seems like long term stability/proper checks would be main factor. wonder if austyn & jake were too malibu for FA crew, they already have elijah

wild that for the most part shoe $ makes it so dudes pick boutique companies (polar, quasi, FA, etc) over legacy co's, that'd be unheard of 10 years ago. it's like it switched. or maybe the difference in royalties is negligible enough now to where a boutique board sponsor is more beneficial to yr personal brand, so legacy co's lose their appeal. and don't get me wrong – i like all these new board co's, keeps ppl on their toes

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 369
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #291 on: October 14, 2018, 11:54:51 PM »
Bobby would be good fit on Quasi, and I could see it happening with the Habitat/(OG)AWS connection. I think Austyn on Hockey would be sick, AA needs another member of Team Handsome to accompany him, and Austyn's casually aggressive skating definitely would fit right into a Hockey edit. But I couldn't see Jake on Hockey, and I'm willing to bet that wherever one of them ends up, the other will too.

If it's true that a third FA company really isn't happening (if it does, it'd probably only be announced after Blessed drops), I'm not sure if they're gonna wanna start a new board company, as we all know how Austyn feels about that. I'm having a hard time thinking of any other team Austyn would jump to (917???) that would also take Jake. Chocolate would be nice, but I doubt they have the budget for Austyn, let alone him+others, so Crail's totally out of the question imo. It's gonna be super interesting to see where things are headed in the coming months.

EDIT: This is completely from left field but maybe Passport? I could see it with the Hyperion dist connection
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 12:03:12 AM by planman »

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #292 on: October 15, 2018, 12:21:27 AM »
EDIT: This is completely from left field but maybe Passport? I could see it with the Hyperion dist connection

I dig it

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #293 on: October 15, 2018, 02:56:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Do you guys like philips head or Allen key hardware more?
[close]

Phillips is more convenient for me and the rest of the World....That dood from the 540 Fahrenheit Podcast always talk shit about people who use Phillips head Hardware. He such a cool Guy for using Allen heads !!
I haven’t seen anyone using Phillips in ages, I’m quite sure that our two local shops don’t even sell them these days🤔 I got myself some sk8ology carabiner tool couple of years ago and on that phillips is primary option, found it very weird cuz I thought no one uses them anymore... Shows what I know 😂
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 393
« Reply #294 on: October 15, 2018, 06:49:05 AM »
Philips all the way here. I always screw up allen heads... :(

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #295 on: October 15, 2018, 06:52:05 AM »
Never happening but austyn on the killing floor would be so cool
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

super-basic

« Reply #296 on: October 15, 2018, 08:49:36 AM »
How do you screw up allen head? I like them specifically because you can't really strip them.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 167
« Reply #297 on: October 15, 2018, 08:56:06 AM »
I have never owned Allen head hardware in all my years of skating.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #298 on: October 15, 2018, 09:05:52 AM »
I have never owned Allen head hardware in all my years of skating.

Also I think it’s a good idea FA is pumping the breaks on a third brand - shits about to crash like it’s 2008

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #299 on: October 15, 2018, 09:38:17 AM »
No it’s not.