Author Topic: austyn of wknd  (Read 83394 times)

FrozenIndustries

Re: austyn of wknd
« Reply #150 on: July 28, 2018, 11:15:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Def seen FA boards at the Philly Vans store.
[close]

Skate shop at the Huntington Beach vans shop carries FA and hockey. But I always figured that’s cause they both ride for vans.

Yeah, and thinking about it I’m sure part of why they were able to break off and start those brands was because of Vans money. So it makes sense they’d be there.

somedudefromnj

« Reply #151 on: July 28, 2018, 02:26:45 PM »
But I always wondered why quasi isn't in vans

DannyDee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #152 on: July 28, 2018, 03:30:18 PM »
Expand Quote
i agree that it doesnt affect dylan at all its just weird to me to think of riders and companies (austyn/dill/fa) that were so close with him and the word funeral. im not saying there is anything wrong with it. just makes me feel sad.
[close]

So your saying they shouldn't call their company Funeral Home cos their mate died? C'mon man, stop being a dingus.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
is there any actual reliable sales data out there? all day on slap there's people talking about how well Brand X is selling/Brand Z isn't/etc etc but these comments don't seem to be informed by anything beyond the limited scope of what they personally see at their local shop/park or just adding to the slap echo chamber
[close]
Well, in the case of Palace which is the brand I mentioned, I'd say its the rapid expansion and how written and talked about it is. Now, a bunch of the success like Supreme is driven by people who don't skateboard. This is also reflected in the re-sale market of these items.

Since almost all of these brands are privately owned, its hard to get any concrete info on them.
[close]

Is it? https://companycheck.co.uk/company/08253929/PALACE-SKATEBOARDS-LIMITED/companies-house-data

Safe to say, Palace are killing it.
Damn, good find. Not sure if its as easy to find that info on American based companies. Considering how popular Palace is outside of skateboarding, it would be hard to think they aren't killing it.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #153 on: July 28, 2018, 04:00:26 PM »
I heard AA wanted hockey sold in places that sold Anti Hero boards so he can make better money off royalties. That’s why Hockey was/is sold at places like skatewarehouse, while FA isn’t.
SW does not sell hockey online. I cannot speak to the brick and mortar. So you heard wrong. FA/Hockey is not online in NA(except on their site). It has been like this for awhile now.
Think if DLX decided to sell direct(even softgoods).

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #154 on: July 28, 2018, 05:52:39 PM »
Expand Quote
I heard AA wanted hockey sold in places that sold Anti Hero boards so he can make better money off royalties. That’s why Hockey was/is sold at places like skatewarehouse, while FA isn’t.
[close]
SW does not sell hockey online. I cannot speak to the brick and mortar. So you heard wrong. FA/Hockey is not online in NA(except on their site). It has been like this for awhile now.

I'm 100% certain SW has sold Hockey in the past, just now realized they dont have it on their site anymore though.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #155 on: July 28, 2018, 05:59:08 PM »
I’m almost positive skatewarehouse has sold hockey online in the past.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #156 on: July 28, 2018, 06:01:55 PM »
they have. hes not saying they never have. just that it stopped earlier this year. last time i saw new stuff online was january and thats when i started seeing shops on instagram saying they couldnt sell online anymore.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #157 on: July 28, 2018, 08:38:21 PM »
they have. hes not saying they never have. just that it stopped earlier this year. last time i saw new stuff online was january and thats when i started seeing shops on instagram saying they couldnt sell online anymore.
This is correct. They were sold online at one time but fa/hockey said no more. They want people to buy them in-store and I think it was more about not having them sold at SW, Tactics, Daddies/CCS etc then just trying to make more $$. I live in the bay area and there is a shop in Livermore(that does not sell online) and the owner said fa/hockey will not sell to them for whatever reason. If they were just about cash, they could sell to shops, direct and still sell to the onlines. I imagine ccs and zumiez could move some product.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #158 on: July 28, 2018, 08:42:57 PM »
But I always wondered why quasi isn't in vans

They probably had/have it in some of them, especially after that collab shoe dropped. But FA has a recognition/appeal to hypebeasts that Quasi doesn’t so it’s probably a more sure bet to stock it. Plus I don’t think Vans put up the initial capital to start Q (as I’m guessing they did for FA). IMO.

se7en3two

• Rep: -24
« Reply #159 on: July 28, 2018, 08:46:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I'm 100% certain SW has sold Hockey in the past, just now realized they dont have it on their site anymore though.

SW did sell Hockey and stopped about the same time as SoCal I think... SoCal sold FA as well, but sometime around the holidays they started pulling stuff.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #160 on: July 28, 2018, 09:09:10 PM »
Nonsense thread, he is going nowhere.

Slacks

• Rep: 0
« Reply #161 on: August 02, 2018, 10:21:07 AM »
He’s of their website and instagram... it happened  :'( :'( :'(

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #162 on: August 02, 2018, 10:28:06 AM »
well there goes the only reason i paid attention to WKND.....

artskool

• Rep: 30
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #163 on: August 02, 2018, 11:59:41 AM »
Skateboarding is badly in need of a brand that is both "elite" and cool. Seems like you get to pick one or the other.

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
« Reply #164 on: August 02, 2018, 12:02:48 PM »
Skateboarding is badly in need of a brand that is both "elite" and cool. Seems like you get to pick one or the other.
My money's on Austyn being teammates with Elijah, Tyshawn, and AVE. That'll be a cool and elite team.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #165 on: August 02, 2018, 12:07:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

SW did sell Hockey and stopped about the same time as SoCal I think... SoCal sold FA as well, but sometime around the holidays they started pulling stuff.

I have bought Hockey from SW before.

Is it because they want people to go to physical shops to buy stuff, or is it that now there's only one place to order FA online and it's from them?

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
« Reply #166 on: August 02, 2018, 12:09:37 PM »
Is it because they want people to go to physical shops to buy stuff, or is it that now there's only one place to order FA online and it's from them?
Yes

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #167 on: August 02, 2018, 12:13:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This is correct. They were sold online at one time but fa/hockey said no more. They want people to buy them in-store and I think it was more about not having them sold at SW, Tactics, Daddies/CCS etc then just trying to make more $$. I live in the bay area and there is a shop in Livermore(that does not sell online) and the owner said fa/hockey will not sell to them for whatever reason. If they were just about cash, they could sell to shops, direct and still sell to the onlines. I imagine ccs and zumiez could move some product.

I don't know, I beg to differ on this.  Think about the money that shops were making selling FA/Hockey on their sites.  And I'm not talking about the SW's/Saddies/CCS/Tactics.  It's not that they want people to buy in store, not these days.  Online shopping is a MAJOR revenue stream.  Now EVERY single FA/Hockey board sold online goes DIRECTLY through their OWN website.  And being that they are getting boards direct from the manufacturer, they are profiting by selling the boards at $55 through their own site (that they probably paid less than $20/each), rather than take LESS money by selling the board to a shop for $38. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

SkateChimney

• Rep: -29
« Reply #168 on: August 02, 2018, 12:27:01 PM »
for what its worth in the UK its really easy to get FA online or instore particuarly these streetwear boutique type establishments

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #169 on: August 02, 2018, 12:31:53 PM »
for what its worth in the UK its really easy to get FA online or instore particuarly these streetwear boutique type establishments
The euro distributor still makes those shops jump through hoops to be allowed to sell them. You have to be "approved" to be able to stock them.

SkateChimney

• Rep: -29
« Reply #170 on: August 02, 2018, 01:11:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The euro distributor still makes those shops jump through hoops to be allowed to sell them. You have to be "approved" to be able to stock them.

yeah Dill refused to sell to a shop i know cus 'they sell blind'

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #171 on: August 02, 2018, 01:16:35 PM »
I will not skate an FA until they can be stocked at Labor. I dont even care if they would stock them in that scenario, it's just stupid that every major city has them in a actual shop and in nyc you have to go to supreme
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #172 on: August 02, 2018, 01:38:29 PM »
I will not skate an FA until they can be stocked at Labor. I dont even care if they would stock them in that scenario, it's just stupid that every major city has them in a actual shop and in nyc you have to go to supreme

are you fucking serious?  Labor is probably one of the most legitimate skateshops around.  that's just insane. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
« Reply #173 on: August 02, 2018, 01:50:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The shop in Livermore shop sells scooters

Jared

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • Die Slow
« Reply #174 on: August 02, 2018, 02:30:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Funny because FA still sells to pharmacy which is wack as fuck and carries a bunch of shitty brands.

harrison ford invented the first car, in America

euro tm

« Reply #175 on: August 02, 2018, 06:12:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Funny because FA still sells to pharmacy which is wack as fuck and carries a bunch of shitty brands.

keep pharmacy out of this

White Owl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #176 on: August 02, 2018, 06:50:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

are you fucking serious?  Labor is probably one of the most legitimate skateshops around.  that's just insane.

I heard that labor used to carry FA, then dill made it exclusive to supreme, then they offered labor to carry it again, and they refused. Dill is a kook

Seduction

• Rep: 5
« Reply #177 on: August 02, 2018, 07:04:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes
I would rather go to my local shop and buy their stuff than pay $10 for shipping +tax

shit_for_brains

« Reply #178 on: August 02, 2018, 07:37:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Yes
[close]
I would rather go to my local shop and buy their stuff than pay $10 for shipping +tax

But a lot of people can't and they have one option...

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #179 on: August 02, 2018, 08:52:43 PM »
You may recall on Austyn's episode of The Bunt (the best pod in skateboarding) he says something to the effect of " You know what's not cool, any new board company from this day forward, enough already" paraphrasing. That and the site update should put this thread to rest. Now lets just get WNTR over to WKND

the bunt sucks