Author Topic: austyn of wknd  (Read 83379 times)

CHOW

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
Re: austyn of wknd
« Reply #210 on: August 06, 2018, 11:25:30 AM »
Some pretty compelling evidence for the return of Habitat Footwear, despite the fact that he's wearing Hufs in that photo.
I must've missed the part where somebody suggested the return of Habitat Footwear, but what do I know? I'm just a nobody that's never gotten a small package from Jim T in exchange for deleted posts. Did he even send you a set of Thunders in exchange for your integrity?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Some pretty compelling evidence for the return of Habitat Footwear, despite the fact that he's wearing Hufs in that photo.
[close]

he is on a HUF tour atm, and contracted until 2020 .not a chance habitat footwear will come back. would be a death warrant for habitat. not sure why people are even thinking about a potential return to habitat for austyn.

jake anderson riding FA boards as well. benny filmed his last HUF advertisement.
[close]

Habitat footwear was the reason he cited for leaving in the first place. Or that Rob was focusing his energy/touring with that team and it created some type of divide within the group. Something along those lines.

Looked to me like a couple bs pics, just cause...
He left Habitat when the ownership situation got sketchy and Alien/Habitat's future was up in the air, around the same time Dill and AVE left for FA. He appears to have left on good terms and is probably still friendly with Castrucci. Source: https://sidewalkmag.com/longform/austyn-gillette-interview#mJrHvEMVXlCH8gFw.97

Given that and the fact he's been getting publicly nostalgic about Habitat, I wouldn't rule it out. We're all just speculating anyway. He might team up with Lebron on the Lakers for all I know.

se7en3two

• Rep: -24
« Reply #211 on: August 06, 2018, 12:30:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I must've missed the part where somebody suggested the return of Habitat Footwear, but what do I know? I'm just a nobody that's never gotten a small package from Jim T in exchange for deleted posts. Did he even send you a set of Thunders in exchange for your integrity?

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

he is on a HUF tour atm, and contracted until 2020 .not a chance habitat footwear will come back. would be a death warrant for habitat. not sure why people are even thinking about a potential return to habitat for austyn.

jake anderson riding FA boards as well. benny filmed his last HUF advertisement.
[close]

Habitat footwear was the reason he cited for leaving in the first place. Or that Rob was focusing his energy/touring with that team and it created some type of divide within the group. Something along those lines.

[close]
He left Habitat when the ownership situation got sketchy and Alien/Habitat's future was up in the air, around the same time Dill and AVE left for FA. He appears to have left on good terms and is probably still friendly with Castrucci. Source: https://sidewalkmag.com/longform/austyn-gillette-interview#mJrHvEMVXlCH8gFw.97

Given that and the fact he's been getting publicly nostalgic about Habitat, I wouldn't rule it out. We're all just speculating anyway. He might team up with Lebron on the Lakers for all I know.

Hadn't read that article, but his comments about Dill/AVE (running Alien) and even Supreme shit makes me wonder.

This is interesting too:

With that in mind, it can’t have been easy just seeing it close down overnight. How did you and Dill end up with brief cameos in the ‘Moving Right Along’ video when it came back under Tum Yeto?

Yeah, well luckily it’s doing well now. Joe wanted Dill to be in it, I think he did something with Daryl (Angel)… Then Joe wanted me to be hitchhiking and them kind of just passing me by. Joe just wanted it for humour’s sake. Obviously we’re still all friends and what not where we can do shit like that where…you know Dill started FA then I went to 3D… Kind of like a diss, but a friendly diss. Joe asked me to film that clip and I was actually on a HUF trip and he was like “hey can we get this, here’s the idea” and I obviously love that shit, just like poking fun at that. Just a little friendly fire.

euro tm

« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2018, 01:52:36 PM »
jake anderson spotted doing a nardy on jonathan flechas’ insta story with an fa board

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #213 on: August 06, 2018, 02:56:01 PM »

My last post didnt show the pics correctly. this should.

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #214 on: August 06, 2018, 04:22:36 PM »
why aren't more established companies being more aggressive in picking up these free agents? feels like FA (if that's where dude ends up) is picking people off one by one. seems like a smart play

if you got the budget and that potential rider gets along with your team, why not recruit or at least put feelers out. austyn would fit on a bunch of teams and probably needs a bigger platform anyway (than maybe wknd can provide)

and i get new brands like FA/polar/etc have an advantage being the hot companies, but are older/legacy brands playing by old rules and missing the boat on dudes like this?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #215 on: August 06, 2018, 04:28:05 PM »
Older/established brands have bloated teams and a lot of baggage people might not want to jump into. Is he going to get on Element or Real with their 500 person teams? There are too many pros and too many companies. I think the newer ones should stay, even newer ones should form, and all these old fat companies that aren't doing anything new or good should die off and take a lot of their riders with them. Skateboarding reform 2019.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #216 on: August 06, 2018, 06:14:42 PM »
And no longer on the WKND team page... This is all sad.

Coolhats

« Reply #217 on: August 06, 2018, 07:16:07 PM »
why aren't more established companies being more aggressive in picking up these free agents? feels like FA (if that's where dude ends up) is picking people off one by one. seems like a smart play

if you got the budget and that potential rider gets along with your team, why not recruit or at least put feelers out. austyn would fit on a bunch of teams and probably needs a bigger platform anyway (than maybe wknd can provide)

and i get new brands like FA/polar/etc have an advantage being the hot companies, but are older/legacy brands playing by old rules and missing the boat on dudes like this?

I think it’s more that most of the older Big companies are boring as fuck. Most of them have no image at all. All they have going for them is legacy. That’s why everything is a reissue these days. Everyone wants to cash in on how good they used to be. Everyone’s a bitch.

canadian tm

« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2018, 07:45:49 PM »
basically austyn has gone from the oakland a's to the yankees. deserves his pay day

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2018, 08:30:39 PM »
I think it’s more that most of the older Big companies are boring as fuck. Most of them have no image at all. All they have going for them is legacy. That’s why everything is a reissue these days. Everyone wants to cash in on how good they used to be. Everyone’s a bitch.

i agree with this. the legacy brands are over. i dont see why anyone in their prime would go to a dying company where the legends that rode for them are always going to be thought of before you.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2018, 11:43:52 PM »

sad? gillette never really fit wknd, never seemed like he actually hung out with any of them other than johan. wknd returns to its organic, for fun vibe now that gillette is gone
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #221 on: August 07, 2018, 03:14:40 AM »

these words ring true and should echo through the halls of skateboarding forever

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #222 on: August 07, 2018, 04:40:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

sad? gillette never really fit wknd, never seemed like he actually hung out with any of them other than johan. wknd returns to its organic, for fun vibe now that gillette is gone

Facts.

I don't think he fits FA either.. but hey :(

BigManTing

• Rep: 0
« Reply #223 on: August 07, 2018, 04:55:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

And this was today, someone else can try making out the board.

Check the three stripe on the bike

Austyn on adidas confirmed.

canadian tm

« Reply #224 on: August 07, 2018, 05:01:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Facts.

just riding FA boards until the new company launches. i agree he didn't fit wknd for long, and doesn't fit FA at all. curious to see how much pull he has with this new company

MareVitals

• Rep: -38
« Reply #225 on: August 07, 2018, 05:15:59 AM »
I assume the image of this new FA brand will basically be if former made boards

se7en3two

• Rep: -24
« Reply #226 on: August 07, 2018, 06:17:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Facts.

[close]

just riding FA boards until the new company launches. i agree he didn't fit wknd for long, and doesn't fit FA at all. curious to see how much pull he has with this new company

Destroying that Pablo board.

The fit doesn't make sense, but the talent does. Dill man, holy shit.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #227 on: August 07, 2018, 08:00:39 AM »
the thought of austyn interacting with kevin bradley and tyshawn jones makes me chuckle.

ForMeIt’sCrazyLike

• Rep: 2
« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2018, 08:31:46 AM »
For me it’s crazy like, I love seeing precise nose and tail slide marks.  Probably because the tailslide marks on my board look like a toddler’s scribbling.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2018, 08:42:13 AM »
I can see it working. An LA based part, split with him and AA could be super rad.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

IHOP

« Reply #230 on: August 07, 2018, 10:54:12 AM »
austyn and andrew sharing a part are you insane

micky682

« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2018, 11:43:00 AM »

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2018, 11:51:45 AM »

power and grace baby, power and grace

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2018, 03:52:24 PM »
Just saw Austyn bust a phat tailwhip in his Instagram story. Have we ruled out the possibility that this third FA brand could be scooter-centric? Some compelling evidence, for sure.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

roscoemoore1

« Reply #234 on: August 07, 2018, 04:16:55 PM »
As sad as it is that he's leaving WKND, i'm sure that something like this was anticipated from when he got on. Austyn is one of the most marketable skaters out there and definitely commands a higher check than what he's getting. By being on WKND for a few years he's given the brand heaps of exposure, and it'll do fine without him. It's just time to move on.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #235 on: August 07, 2018, 05:23:40 PM »
I can see it working. An LA based part, split with him and AA could be super rad.

He said he doesn't film in LA, just lives there. This is a huge loss for WKND. At least he helped legitimize the brand. He probably wants to be on a company that'll promote him more. He needs it since he kind of fell off for a while. WKND is probably gonna need another big name to stay relevant.

ungzilla

« Reply #236 on: August 07, 2018, 05:38:51 PM »
basically austyn has gone from the oakland a's to the yankees. deserves his pay day

given how board companies pay, probably more like going from williamsport meth junkies to the the akron river rats

ManMelt

« Reply #237 on: August 07, 2018, 08:59:48 PM »
Austin’s been tight with Grant and the WKND dudes for a while now. He used to pop up in a lot of the old weekendtage clips, and acted in some of their skit-videos. His acting wasn’t bad, and he actually came across as pretty funny. The “To Catch a Longboarder” and the Raymond ”MoliGnar” energy drink spoofs were really good. They’re worth a watch on YouTube in case you’ve never seen them.

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #238 on: August 07, 2018, 10:36:00 PM »
Austin’s been tight with Grant and the WKND dudes for a while now. He used to pop up in a lot of the old weekendtage clips, and acted in some of their skit-videos. His acting wasn’t bad, and he actually came across as pretty funny. The “To Catch a Longboarder” and the Raymond ”MoliGnar” energy drink spoofs were really good. They’re worth a watch on YouTube in case you’ve never seen them.

"Raymond Molinar? More like Raymond Moli-not-gnar!"

I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #239 on: August 07, 2018, 10:41:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"Raymond Molinar? More like Raymond Moli-not-gnar!"
"I'd say you were dressed pretty crazy if you were a red dragon?"
All you got is today, get out and skate.