Author Topic: austyn of wknd  (Read 83385 times)

puff daddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
Re: austyn of wknd
« Reply #240 on: August 07, 2018, 10:42:25 PM »
Expand Quote
I can see it working. An LA based part, split with him and AA could be super rad.
[close]

He said he doesn't film in LA, just lives there. This is a huge loss for WKND. At least he helped legitimize the brand. He probably wants to be on a company that'll promote him more. He needs it since he kind of fell off for a while. WKND is probably gonna need another big name to stay relevant.
he literally skated LA high in his former part and his Who's to say part is mostly LA clips

IHOP

« Reply #241 on: August 07, 2018, 10:52:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I can see it working. An LA based part, split with him and AA could be super rad.
[close]

He said he doesn't film in LA, just lives there. This is a huge loss for WKND. At least he helped legitimize the brand. He probably wants to be on a company that'll promote him more. He needs it since he kind of fell off for a while. WKND is probably gonna need another big name to stay relevant.
[close]
he literally skated LA high in his former part and his Who's to say part is mostly LA clips

yea he might have said that at some point but a good chunk of his footage the past few years has been LA.

decaf

• Rep: -20
« Reply #242 on: August 23, 2018, 07:09:54 PM »
WKND Thrasher interview from today.....

"Austyn Gillette: Austyn is like the hot girl you date that's totally out of your league and everyone knows it. But you continue being with her knowing for damn sure one day out of nowhere you’re going to come home to an empty apartment with a letter on the counter saying she's met somebody else. When that moment finally presents itself you stop and think, nobody is ever going to treat you as good as I did. But then you remember that really hot chicks always fall upward. Then you start to get a little angry and crazy because you know the next person will probably treat them evern better than you did. Love stinks!"

Hmmmm......

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #243 on: August 23, 2018, 07:35:29 PM »
are you surprised

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #244 on: August 23, 2018, 07:36:46 PM »

"Austyn Gillette: Austyn is like the hot girl you date that's totally out of your league and everyone knows it. But you continue being with her knowing for damn sure one day out of nowhere you’re going to come home to an empty apartment with a letter on the counter saying she's met somebody else. When that moment finally presents itself you stop and think, nobody is ever going to treat you as good as I did. But then you remember that really hot chicks always fall upward. Then you start to get a little angry and crazy because you know the next person will probably treat them evern better than you did. Love stinks!"

Hmmmm......

hahaha this is a bit cryptic and fitting if he does leave.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #245 on: August 23, 2018, 07:45:04 PM »
Expand Quote

Hmmmm......
[close]

hahaha this is a bit cryptic and fitting if he does leave.

Cryptic?  I’d say that it is the exact opposite.  Overt, one might say.  Btw, the quote from the article  had more pathos than a copy of Oedipus Rex.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Syhr

• Rep: 11
« Reply #246 on: August 29, 2018, 11:03:36 AM »
Austyn talks about new board company he is part of in this interview:

https://www.slamcity.com/blog/austyn-gillette-interview-2/

cloudy

« Reply #247 on: August 29, 2018, 11:10:15 AM »

Can you tell us any more about the new board company we have heard rumours about?

I actually can't! Not because I've signed an NDA or whatever but I don't have any answers. There's no name, there's no home for it, there's kind of a home for it. I'm sure the rumours are probably true and people would expect that. I'm really excited about it though, it's three or four of us. I'm not the nucleus of the brand or anything which is kind of nice because with Former I'm pretty busy and I don't know if I could take that on. I'm not really good from a brand standpoint creating something. Maybe it's just skateboards, because I've been a part of it for so long. With clothing there's a lot of flexibility but with skateboards i wouldn't even know where to start other than I know the shape I like and the people I like. In order for it to work I don't know what that takes nowadays.

no name, no home, three or four riders, and austyn is not the nucleus. shane o'neill's company?

CoorsBurnquist

• Rep: -9
« Reply #248 on: August 29, 2018, 11:28:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Can you tell us any more about the new board company we have heard rumours about?

I actually can't! Not because I've signed an NDA or whatever but I don't have any answers. There's no name, there's no home for it, there's kind of a home for it. I'm sure the rumours are probably true and people would expect that. I'm really excited about it though, it's three or four of us. I'm not the nucleus of the brand or anything which is kind of nice because with Former I'm pretty busy and I don't know if I could take that on. I'm not really good from a brand standpoint creating something. Maybe it's just skateboards, because I've been a part of it for so long. With clothing there's a lot of flexibility but with skateboards i wouldn't even know where to start other than I know the shape I like and the people I like. In order for it to work I don't know what that takes nowadays.

no name, no home, three or four riders, and austyn is not the nucleus. shane o'neill's company?

Can guarantee it's not shane o'neills company. Probably out of FA camp, definitely will be including jake anderson. Probably other rumored fa guys like louie lopez or something.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #249 on: August 29, 2018, 11:32:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Can guarantee it's not shane o'neills company. Probably out of FA camp, definitely will be including jake anderson. Probably other rumored fa guys like louie lopez or something.

"How do you know the guarantee fairy isn't some crazy glue sniffer... He sneaks into your house once and that's all it takes. Next thing you know, there is money missing off your dresser and your daughter is knocked up! I've seen it a hundred times."

CoorsBurnquist is the guarantee fairy?!?!
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

hey pickle

« Reply #250 on: August 29, 2018, 12:56:07 PM »
find it odd him leaving wknd, but the analogy about austyn being the hot girl youre dating thats out of your league is spot on.

also, i was under the impression that dill doesnt much care for austyn so cant see him going to a new fa umbrella company. can more likely see it being something completely left field, likely with jake anderson (as already mentioned) and two unknown rippers from new zealand or some shit

se7en3two

• Rep: -24
« Reply #251 on: August 29, 2018, 01:43:17 PM »
find it odd him leaving wknd, but the analogy about austyn being the hot girl youre dating thats out of your league is spot on.

also, i was under the impression that dill doesnt much care for austyn so cant see him going to a new fa umbrella company. can more likely see it being something completely left field, likely with jake anderson (as already mentioned) and two unknown rippers from new zealand or some shit

All fun speculation, right.

I guess they could just be sending him boards, but he's been rocking FA and Hockey boards for several weeks now... Maybe the line about the brand not having a home, but actually having a home is a clue? (Funeral Home)

Or if it was as suggested and he's going to Shanes team (which I doubt), wouldn't he be skating one of their blanks/shapes? It appears that's what Shane himself is doing.

Dead Ringers

« Reply #252 on: September 10, 2018, 07:54:26 AM »
He is in constant talks with Dill. Nothing is locked in yet but It'll be interesting to see what happens with him & Jake Anderson if nothing eventuates. My understanding is their preference is Hockey if another company does not come to fruition.

• Rep: -42
« Reply #253 on: September 10, 2018, 04:33:38 PM »
And no longer on the WKND team page... This is all sad.

Sad? I'm stoked I might be able to buy an Austyn pro model now for the first time in years! Been waiting for this day since they announced him on the team.

I honestly thought it was a skit at first like they did with koston.
You can throw me on the double kink box and then watch the hate ignored like Constitution by the congressmen

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #254 on: September 10, 2018, 11:14:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sad? I'm stoked I might be able to buy an Austyn pro model now for the first time in years! Been waiting for this day since they announced him on the team.

You didn't buy one the entire time he was on wknd???

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Andy_Roys_Left_Nut

« Reply #255 on: September 11, 2018, 05:45:17 AM »
Fuck Austyn Gilette.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #256 on: September 11, 2018, 10:30:15 AM »
Now that’s a hot take
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #257 on: September 11, 2018, 11:23:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you've been able to buy a pro model for years..

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #258 on: September 11, 2018, 11:57:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

you've been able to buy a pro model for years..

But not in an 8.125?

Nate.Dog

« Reply #259 on: September 11, 2018, 10:04:50 PM »
Just imagine how fucking rad a company under the FA umbrella with Austyn, Jerry, Jake Anderson, and Louie Lopez would be.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #260 on: September 11, 2018, 11:08:41 PM »
Just imagine how fucking rad a company under the FA umbrella with Austyn, Jerry, Jake Anderson, and Louie Lopez would be.

I'm not a huge fan of the FA camp but man, that does sound sweet.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #261 on: September 12, 2018, 09:50:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mason too?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

shit_for_brains

« Reply #262 on: September 12, 2018, 09:53:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Mason too?

Over Dill's dead body.

thebacker

« Reply #263 on: September 12, 2018, 09:56:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Mason too?
[close]

Over Dill's dead body.

Mannequin

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #264 on: September 12, 2018, 10:31:07 AM »

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #265 on: September 12, 2018, 11:01:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Mason too?
[close]

Over Dill's dead body.

do they have beef?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Nate.Dog

« Reply #266 on: September 12, 2018, 01:23:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Mason too?
[close]

Over Dill's dead body.
[close]

do they have beef?

I can't imagine they do, maybe he's saying dill wouldn't have somebody who rode for element on the team? Regardless of how fucking gnarly mason silva is?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #267 on: September 12, 2018, 01:37:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Mason too?
[close]

Over Dill's dead body.
[close]

do they have beef?
[close]

I can't imagine they do, maybe he's saying dill wouldn't have somebody who rode for element on the team? Regardless of how fucking gnarly mason silva is?

I am a big Mason Silva fan. I don't know specifics of why it ain't happening, but it ain't happening. People who you would need to say yes said no.

planman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #268 on: September 12, 2018, 01:47:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Mason too?
[close]

Over Dill's dead body.
[close]

do they have beef?
[close]

[close]

I am a big Mason Silva fan. I don't know specifics of why it ain't happening, but it ain't happening. People who you would need to say yes said no.
Damn shame, I love his skating. At least Element seems to be treating him well.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #269 on: September 12, 2018, 02:37:57 PM »
Whoever made the call on Mason not getting on is dumb and wrong.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.