Author Topic: Punk/Thrash/Grind  (Read 2952 times)

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
Punk/Thrash/Grind
« on: June 18, 2018, 12:01:14 PM »
I notice you guys have frequent threads of Hiphop and other music genres so here's my music to get motivated to skate during the early mornings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ply9uPvdU74  So I've been scorching in this goddamned fucking ballsac heat and fuck this sucks, I live in the hood and skating everywhere is a pain in the ass due to it's flatness and not safe at night to be lurking around being a skate rat, If i had a few concerns to advise for those that want to live in South Floriduh get comfortable in humidity and scorching heat also learn to love white shirts and shorts, I hate em but goddamned are they a lifesaver when it's hot outside.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
Re: Punk/Thrash/Grind
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 05:13:58 AM »
I found out about Dystopia on another forum many moons ago, so it's only right that I pass this on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agjf_QK4I9o

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 07:24:16 AM »
Yes!!!!! A true fan of good music, Dystopia especially their first two albums are pure gold the third S/T although poignant and just as harsh as the first two, it missed the mark for me. It was a good follow up however the bass was noticeably absent in some of the heavier songs. I have a few friends in the bay area and LBC from what I gather they do get along together but in small doses, I think it's Todd the bassist and Dino the drummer whom get at each others nerves, this is all speculative but who knows.

ungzilla

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 07:27:41 PM »
Dystopia rules. I don't really fuck with much grind anymore but I can still party with Human Remains and Brutal Truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg8kaBdcHF8

I used to be in this band for a minute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxKLBITqqM8

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 11:05:34 PM »
swallowing shit is my fav grind band
I didn't really contribute to this thread as there's already a hardcore and metal thread so most of this stuff just gets filtered in there.
Funnily enough, the only thrash I like is the metal kind

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 02:43:08 PM »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 06:36:43 AM »
I found out about Dystopia on another forum many moons ago, so it's only right that I pass this on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agjf_QK4I9o
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

booty

• Rep: 21

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 01:19:15 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z0GHoDAr8k&t=105s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBJt0E6jYwU
Plutocracy is so rad I was at a show with my wife she is a Rancid fan and I for one think it's awesome to stick to ones guns about a band, Well we go up to the merch table dude has a look of oh Rancid eh? she's like yeah they're awesome totally trolling this dude as it was a crusty show in Portland. We looked over  the gear they had and I saw a Plutocracy patch she named a bunch of songs and kept going on and on finally dude was like I get it your making fun of me..... Here take this backpatch and be gone, Totally scored it for free.

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 05:02:11 PM »
Yes!!!!! A true fan of good music, Dystopia especially their first two albums are pure gold the third S/T although poignant and just as harsh as the first two, it missed the mark for me. It was a good follow up however the bass was noticeably absent in some of the heavier songs. I have a few friends in the bay area and LBC from what I gather they do get along together but in small doses, I think it's Todd the bassist and Dino the drummer whom get at each others nerves, this is all speculative but who knows.
well atleast you got great taste in music.
But saying shit like that about todd is just not cool man, he's been going through some fucked up shit (added to his mental health being a bit affected )

So what i said before abou printing all your posts and shoving them up your ass, well you can exclude this one ^^^

Dino plays drums/growls
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jj67XrW5m_k&t=29s
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 07:07:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
well atleast you got great taste in music.
But saying shit like that about todd is just not cool man, he's been going through some fucked up shit (added to his mental health being a bit affected )

So what i said before abou printing all your posts and shoving them up your ass, well you can exclude this one ^^^

Dino plays drums/growls
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jj67XrW5m_k&t=29s
oh and somehow you are so self righteous? If someone has been kinda douchey Todd that’s my opinion if you don’t like it take it up with complaint dept. 
If he does have metal issues well good luck and hope it gets better. So what?! I do have a elitist opinion about music that’s what I believe, remember this is a forum for talking shit about skating and music  soooo fuck off if I don’t agree with you and won’t sway my opinion.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 01:56:51 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 07:36:49 PM »
hahaha Plutocracy, I remember being into them for a minute when 625 was big. Honestly though I always just preferred Spazz...

booty

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 01:01:21 PM »
hahaha Plutocracy, I remember being into them for a minute when 625 was big. Honestly though I always just preferred Spazz...

I mean, same here. Spazz was the main thing I listened to in the 90s besides the East Coast Hip Hop stuff. Max 625 played drums in Plutoc. They had RIFFS. I've spent way too much time in my life talking about Spazz on the innannet though.

Fun Fact: Theres a song on Crush Kill Destroy thats about me.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 06:59:25 PM »
Max was in lots of bands but I don't know, Spazz are just perfect. Also, how can you talk about them too much on the internet?
So which song off CKD is about you then? Cool guy? Bobby Dee?

booty

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 12:45:05 PM »
Max was in lots of bands but I don't know, Spazz are just perfect. Also, how can you talk about them too much on the internet?

Sword Of The Lord. It's about when Spazz was on tour and crashed at the From Ashes Rise house in Murfreesboro TN.  I went on a late night skate mission with Lactose and Hirax. I crushed a 40 and took a leak on the front doors of the church we were skating then tagged a bunch of shit. I was about 16 and a Spazz mega fan so I was extra hyped to be hanging out with my heroes for a couple days that summer. I had been writing Dan letters for awhile and trading rap tapes so they were all hyped on me before we crossed paths. I grew up with the FAR guys before they moved to TN and they booked the show (Spazz, His Hero Is Gone, Damad). I would go up to visit them as often as a could and finally got a chance to kick it with Spazz and follow them on that leg of the tour. I'm still friends with and keep in touch with Lactose and Chris Dodge. Great people and in my opinion the absolute best band in hardcore during the years they were active.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 05:25:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sword Of The Lord. It's about when Spazz was on tour and crashed at the From Ashes Rise house in Murfreesboro TN.  I went on a late night skate mission with Lactose and Hirax. I crushed a 40 and took a leak on the front doors of the church we were skating then tagged a bunch of shit. I was about 16 and a Spazz mega fan so I was extra hyped to be hanging out with my heroes for a couple days that summer. I had been writing Dan letters for awhile and trading rap tapes so they were all hyped on me before we crossed paths. I grew up with the FAR guys before they moved to TN and they booked the show (Spazz, His Hero Is Gone, Damad). I would go up to visit them as often as a could and finally got a chance to kick it with Spazz and follow them on that leg of the tour. I'm still friends with and keep in touch with Lactose and Chris Dodge. Great people and in my opinion the absolute best band in hardcore during the years they were active.
damn I bet they loved that! That's cool, they were such an iconic band at the time, like nothing else out there and they had so many influences too. Isn't Max a professor now?

booty

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 12:46:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
damn I bet they loved that! That's cool, they were such an iconic band at the time, like nothing else out there and they had so many influences too. Isn't Max a professor now?

p sure he's and English Professor in Japan. Or some variation of this. Both Chris and Dan are fathers/married but have newer bands.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 05:31:43 PM »
He did a short stint in Japan for his masters maybe but now he's:
http://www.middlebury.edu/academics/hist/faculty/node/285084

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2018, 12:05:34 PM »
I was trying to download the Enuf demo from the hardcore thread and I ended up getting linked to a compilation from this band. I like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNnjx_JX1iQ

booty

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2018, 04:11:47 PM »
I was trying to download the Enuf demo from the hardcore thread and I ended up getting linked to a compilation from this band. I like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNnjx_JX1iQ

my homie Chris played drums in Suppression. I think they did some reunion shows in recent history.

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2018, 08:23:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Murfeesboro, HAHAHAHAHAHA that house was rad! Found out about it through a few friends in Johnson city and Asheville, Spent a gratuitous sum of time in the south from Bham to Chattanoogle ATL and Nashville being a goon skating various places but eventually made it to AZ and CA to try and get hooked up.

I managed to get on random pseudo christian team Advocate it was rad. Free boards maybe go to a demo get more boards fuck yeah, I got to see Spazz last show at the Gilman well worth it and fun show.