Author Topic: Local Pittsburgh Skater killed by Police  (Read 33804 times)

Get the strap

Local Pittsburgh Skater killed by Police
« on: June 20, 2018, 09:09:50 PM »
Damn this is really sad. Video actually shows the shooting. 17 year old Antwon Rose, unarmed, killed by police, shot in the back running from a parked vehicle. The officer who shot him had been sworn into East Pittsburgh police only a few hours before the shooting. RIP

https://www.google.com/amp/s/pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/06/20/east-pittsburgh-officer-accused-of-killing-antwon-rose-sworn-in-hours-before-shooting/amp/
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 09:15:34 PM by Get the strap »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Local Pittsburgh Skater killed by Police
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 09:22:34 PM »
Saw this on my feed this morning and honestly I have no words ... so fucking tragic
R.I.P

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 09:27:31 PM »
Fucking cowards. RIP Antwon.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 09:45:31 PM »
RIP. That was fucked.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 09:46:50 PM »
That's ridiculous. RIP.

SlappyBum

• Rep: -4
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 09:48:29 PM »
Damn... R.I.P.

A.C.A.B.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 09:49:19 PM »
Jesus, this breaks my heart. RIP

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 09:49:39 PM »
Ya that was super dirty, extra bummer to find out he skated.

Randozzi

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 09:51:00 PM »
Just fucked in so many ways. My heart goes out to his family and friends. RIP.

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2018, 10:01:40 PM »
my heart is broken. what has this country come to?

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1371
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 10:20:21 PM »
Atrocious and unjustifiable.

weaselhead

• Rep: 36
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2018, 10:23:57 PM »
fucking disgusting

I heard it today, "make money, buy sandwiches".

shark tits

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2018, 10:30:27 PM »
hopefully it's gonna start getting better w/ all the videos and shit but dreary for now. most people have to be affected by seeing these cop killings, right? once the cops start being held accountable this shit will die fast, i keep hoping we're on the cusp of it.
RIP

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2018, 10:38:18 PM »
:(

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 10:43:18 PM »
rip .. that’s disgusting .. these dirty police officers need to go to jail and stop being protected .. the good cops out there should be the ones that stand up for the victims and stop allowing these pieces of shit to wear the badge
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 11:13:30 PM »
abolish the police

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2018, 11:15:51 PM »
This is awful. Hope the cop who did this is brought to justice. RIP

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind

• Rep: 34
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2018, 11:34:32 PM »
So if I'm getting the story straight:

- Shots fired call made to the police
- 22 year-old man found on street with bullet wounds to the abdomen.
- 22 year-old alleges that man in car was the aggressor, fired nine .40 caliber rounds from car initially.
- 22 year-old returns fire (both are armed), hits car with multiple rounds.
- Police see car that matches description moments later, with bullet holes in rear window
- Police stop car. Antwon Rose is a passenger in said car, along with a second passenger. Antwon Rose and 2nd passenger both attempt to flee. Driver stays in car.
- Antwon Rose runs away, police shoot him multiple (I'm hearing 3) times. Antwon Rose dies. 2nd passenger gets away
- Police search car. Police find 2 firearms in car. No weapons are found on Antwon Rose's person
- Driver of the car is 20 years-old. Is questioned, no wounds. Driver of car is released. 2nd passenger still at large.

Someone please fill me in on anything I'm missing. I'd assume the next thing they do is run ballistics and see if the two guns found match the .40 caliber rounds that hit 22 year-old. I saw someone post that you would be ill-advised to run from the police, especially if you're riding in a vehicle with bullet holes and weapons present, fair point. Regardless, the officer in question sounds like he reacted out of fear and impulse rather than accessing a situation, which is something that he should have been drilled through in his training. If they do find he shot Antwon unjustly, he should most definitely be charged with murder. Fucking awful thing to happen. Law enforcement should be held to higher standards, or at the very least show some fucking competence
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 11:36:29 PM by Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind »

Sad Hippo

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2018, 12:08:20 AM »

- 22 year-old alleges that man in car was the aggressor, fired nine .40 caliber rounds from car initially.
- Police see car that matches description moments later, with bullet holes in rear window
- Police stop car. Antwon Rose is a passenger in said car, along with a second passenger. Antwon Rose and 2nd passenger both attempt to flee. Driver stays in car.
- Antwon Rose runs away, police shoot him multiple (I'm hearing 3) times. Antwon Rose dies. 2nd passenger gets away
- Police search car. Police find 2 firearms in car. No weapons are found on Antwon Rose's person
- Driver of the car is 20 years-old. Is questioned, no wounds. Driver of car is released. 2nd passenger still at large.

Someone please fill me in on anything I'm missing. I'd assume the next thing they do is run ballistics and see if the two guns found match the .40 caliber rounds that hit 22 year-old. I saw someone post that you would be ill-advised to run from the police, especially if you're riding in a vehicle with bullet holes and weapons present, fair point. Regardless, the officer in question sounds like he reacted out of fear and impulse rather than accessing a situation, which is something that he should have been drilled through in his training. If they do find he shot Antwon unjustly, he should most definitely be charged with murder. Fucking awful thing to happen. Law enforcement should be held to higher standards, or at the very least show some fucking competence

None of that matters you twat. You trying to victim blame here all low key? Fuck you.  A child was murdered by an agent of the state.  Shot in the back. 

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2018, 12:18:48 AM »
Either way the police can't be doin that.

But its deeper as you all know.

All ima say for now is if were gonna solve these deeper issues the level headed public are gonna have to have honest discussions that are racist, but people just cant speak honestly about that stuff. I can't see it getting solved until that happens. Cause people start flipping out.

Sad hippo my man, you were saying good riddance to x cause he assaulted woman, hopefully your not picking and choosing but actually changed your thought process. Police should be held to higher standards, but they're still people, they ain't emotionless robots.

People need to gather themselves and step back. Everyone catches feelings so easily in these scenarios. I don't wanna argue with no one.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2018, 12:23:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

None of that matters you twat. You trying to victim blame here all low key? Fuck you.  A child was murdered by an agent of the state.  Shot in the back.
Yeah a cop's first reaction to someone running away shouldn't be to shoot them in the back. Multiple times. There's nothing justifiable about this.

SlappyBum

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2018, 12:40:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Yeah a cop's first reaction to someone running away shouldn't be to shoot them in the back. Multiple times. There's nothing justifiable about this.

Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind

• Rep: 34
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2018, 12:41:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No, you fucking moron. I'm trying to figure out the timeline for the events. You know what you're doing, you're reading something that you don't take the time to actually think through, and what you're reading is making you emotional. You're making a snap judgement, an alarming amount of them actually, without actually taking inventory of all the facts presented to you (sound familiar at all?). You pick one sentence out of that entire post and that's the point you scrutinize? You're acting outraged because you think you're entitled. Fuck me? None of that matters? Finding context in a scenario doesn't matter? No one said a teenager deserved to get shot in the back. If you actually took a second to read what I wrote, you'd notice I criticized the cop for reacting the way he did in the first place. I think he's a murderer. Will they feel the same way in a court of law? There are a lot of intangibles to that question and if you look at past trends you'll find that these cases usually don't result in the way they should. You know how you right that? You gather facts and make an actual argument. You don't break out the pitch forks and scream all pigs must die.

Yes, we have established this. In fact, I established this. Read the latter half of my post, I said literally the same thing.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 01:02:03 AM by Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind »

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2018, 12:49:34 AM »
damn our future looks dark! the video a perfect reflection of this day and age where everything s turned upside down

aside from him being a skater it s baffling to see how we ve come to these times again that our grandparents told us of- where a life was worth nothing for our rulers. and we let them move on cause as in the past it happens for the general public to see.

when authority has no value of life and can kill without serious consequences it is and has always been a bad sign

rip

SlappyBum

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2018, 01:19:15 AM »
damn our future looks dark! the video a perfect reflection of this day and age where everything s turned upside down

aside from him being a skater it s baffling to see how we ve come to these times again that our grandparents told us of- where a life was worth nothing for our rulers. and we let them move on cause as in the past it happens for the general public to see.

when authority has no value of life and can kill without serious consequences it is and has always been a bad sign

rip

Fucking truth

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2018, 01:21:38 AM »
bullshit in every way. why shoot someone in the back? cowards

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2018, 01:56:33 AM »
Shit breaks my heart, RIP

darkslideoftheforce