Author Topic: Local Pittsburgh Skater killed by Police  (Read 33803 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Local Pittsburgh Skater killed by Police
« Reply #210 on: June 24, 2018, 08:53:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
is this race issue or police issue?
[close]

Both, and it takes an incredible ignorance of
American history to not see that.
[close]

so you say that you hate both police and white people?

You signed up to slap to defend Jason Jesse didn’t you

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #211 on: June 24, 2018, 09:04:15 PM »
People need to email, call PA legislators or whoever if they wanna change shit. Its a bad law. By this law the cop did nothing wrong from what I can tell. He basically used the law to kill that kid in the back.

PA law - he is justified in using deadly force only when he believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or serious bodily injury to himself or such other person, or when he believes both that:

(i)  such force is necessary to prevent the arrest from being defeated by resistance or escape; and

(ii)  the person to be arrested has committed or attempted a forcible felony or is attempting to escape and possesses a deadly weapon, or otherwise indicates that he will endanger human life or inflict serious bodily injury unless arrested without delay.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #212 on: June 24, 2018, 09:16:32 PM »

revfredmorton

• Rep: -50
« Reply #213 on: June 24, 2018, 09:18:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
is this race issue or police issue?
[close]

Both, and it takes an incredible ignorance of
American history to not see that.
[close]

so you say that you hate both police and white people?
[close]

You signed up to slap to defend Jason Jesse didn’t you

jason jessee is a bad person

tura

• Rep: 45
« Reply #214 on: June 24, 2018, 10:51:32 PM »
This just passed the State Assembly in California. Cops are pissed.
https://www.aclu.org/blog/criminal-law-reform/reforming-police-practices/california-can-reduce-number-police-shootings

The comments on that article are so grim. People are basically saying that disarming cops would drive up the crime rate and people who are killed by cops deserve it for being non-compliant.

By all reports, racism is prevalent among cops, which makes it a racial issue. But at the heart of it, I think the biggest issue is the bloodthirsty police culture, and the cover ups and bail outs. Racial prejudice among law enforcement is definitely fucked, but the fact that cops seem to think murder is justified, and that the police force seems to attract sociopaths, is fucking scary and wrong.

In new zealand, cops don't have guns, never have as far as i know (though the armed offender squad does, but they are called in for specific crimes and don't patrol the streets). And by the sounds of it the crime rate here is much lower than in america. There is also less generalized hatred of cops, and most cop-civillian interaction is fairly civilized (obviously there are exceptions, some cops are cunts but many are quite friendly and seem to just want to get on with their day without incident). Probably something to do with the fact that they don't kill 160 people per year.

shark tits

« Reply #215 on: June 24, 2018, 11:46:18 PM »
If 20% are innocent that’s a fucking TON of people considering we imprison more people than anyone else in the world
no shit. they gotta fill all the wackenhut and CCA corporate prisons as well as the state institutions. it's sad but part of a post industrial society is a lot of unnecessary adults and if you can pay some of them to warehouse others, that figures out a piece of the problem.
have a bunch of wars of conquest overseas and that takes care of some more who aren't able to make the leap to tech or able to live of service industry.
i don't mean to undermine what it's like for black guys, obviously it hits a disproportionate number of black males.
but if all blacks in america disappeared tomorrow, 3/4 police killings would still happen.

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
« Reply #216 on: June 25, 2018, 01:11:13 AM »
Expand Quote
If 20% are innocent that’s a fucking TON of people considering we imprison more people than anyone else in the world
[close]
no shit. they gotta fill all the wackenhut and CCA corporate prisons as well as the state institutions. it's sad but part of a post industrial society is a lot of unnecessary adults and if you can pay some of them to warehouse others, that figures out a piece of the problem.
have a bunch of wars of conquest overseas and that takes care of some more who aren't able to make the leap to tech or able to live of service industry.
i don't mean to undermine what it's like for black guys, obviously it hits a disproportionate number of black males.
but if all blacks in america disappeared tomorrow, 3/4 police killings would still happen.

bro you have the weirdest takes

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #217 on: June 25, 2018, 03:01:45 AM »
is the USA really the only first world/developed nation where armed officers have been murdering unarmed civilians as a repeated pattern?

Im sure cops get away with murder in third world nations in central and South America but I've never heard of this happening in other nations.  I also know in a lot of other first world/developed nations officers don't normally carry fire arms.

What ever the causation is this is sickening and needs to stop.. and really only seems to keep occurring in the USA

I think that's true, yes.
From what I've seen, cops are armed pretty much everywhere in Europe though. UK is the exception, not the rule.
IMO the main difference is the gun culture in the US. Having so many guns around probably makes the cops more nervous and trigger-happy. Plus you have the race issue but that's an issue everywhere, not just in the US.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #218 on: June 25, 2018, 12:55:04 PM »
Expand Quote

The comments on that article are so grim. People are basically saying that disarming cops would drive up the crime rate and people who are killed by cops deserve it for being non-compliant.

By all reports, racism is prevalent among cops, which makes it a racial issue. But at the heart of it, I think the biggest issue is the bloodthirsty police culture, and the cover ups and bail outs. Racial prejudice among law enforcement is definitely fucked, but the fact that cops seem to think murder is justified, and that the police force seems to attract sociopaths, is fucking scary and wrong.

In new zealand, cops don't have guns, never have as far as i know (though the armed offender squad does, but they are called in for specific crimes and don't patrol the streets). And by the sounds of it the crime rate here is much lower than in america. There is also less generalized hatred of cops, and most cop-civillian interaction is fairly civilized (obviously there are exceptions, some cops are cunts but many are quite friendly and seem to just want to get on with their day without incident). Probably something to do with the fact that they don't kill 160 people per year.
In the states, police culture is this warrior mentality, and it's completely "us vs. them." The realities of their job are completely different than what they want it to be though.  They see themselves as crime fighting superheros rather than humble public servants.  To become a cop you should have to have a college degree.  A full 4 year degree, not an AA, or 32 units.  No more of this Pvt. Pile, straight out of a 2 year stint in the Marine Corp, small town bullshit.  We need people who can think critically, and understand the role of police in society. 

Fuck, I hate cops.

shark tits

« Reply #219 on: June 25, 2018, 01:07:12 PM »
to sad hippo, agreed but instead we got a system that refuses would be cops on the grounds their IQ is too high.
or that they'll be critical thinkers.
basically our system is ass backwards to what it should be and the bourgie like it that way.

to whoever said i got a weird take on things, i wish i were that original. i was doing a month at 850 bryant in 2002 and there was a class on recidivism by some activist women and they said we were falling into the trap, making job security for shitty classist, racist, underskilled people who just hadn't fucked up yet [inmates and COs are the same except one has a record]. there's more americans than jobs and if the NWO is mass incarceration, don't fall for it. don't be a number.
they laid it out and if you wanna know more on the subject, fuck w/ 'jail, hospitals and hiphop' by danny hoche.
or, you know just call people w/ alternative perspectives racist and pat yourself on the back that you've contributed in some way to bettering the world.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #220 on: June 25, 2018, 01:14:46 PM »
to sad hippo, agreed but instead we got a system that refuses would be cops on the grounds their IQ is too high.

basically our system is ass backwards to what it should be and the bourgie like it that way.

is that a real thing?

shark tits

feedmeseymour

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #223 on: June 25, 2018, 01:41:24 PM »
Cannot believe what I heard on that tape. Clearly the entire community was watching, a mixed community, and having an outspoken racist scream that after a murder is so fucked up. did the cop scream got that cocksocker?

digital media has both revealed the truth in society, and created a platform to make it worse.

there will be a revolution that will burn a lot of shit down if Trump remains in office. cities will burn and sheltered whites will sit back and mumble "see, i told you they would".

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2563
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #224 on: June 25, 2018, 02:02:43 PM »
Of all the legit sources on how the police are fucked, sniff links to an anti-Semitic conspiracy website. Go figure.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
« Reply #225 on: June 25, 2018, 02:16:38 PM »

to whoever said i got a weird take on things, i wish i were that original. i was doing a month at 850 bryant in 2002 and there was a class on recidivism by some activist women and they said we were falling into the trap, making job security for shitty classist, racist, underskilled people who just hadn't fucked up yet [inmates and COs are the same except one has a record]. there's more americans than jobs and if the NWO is mass incarceration, don't fall for it. don't be a number.
they laid it out and if you wanna know more on the subject, fuck w/ 'jail, hospitals and hiphop' by danny hoche.
or, you know just call people w/ alternative perspectives racist and pat yourself on the back that you've contributed in some way to bettering the world.

There are loads of industrialized countries but we're the only one with such a rediculous amount of people locked up. You just have a weird cynical centrism that I haven't encountered before.

And yea bro, someone whose alternative perspective involves hating black people, putting swastikas on everything, and starting a white power band is probably gonna get labeled as a racist and that's probably a good thing.

shark tits

« Reply #226 on: June 25, 2018, 02:22:05 PM »
Of all the legit sources on how the police are fucked, sniff links to an anti-Semitic conspiracy website. Go figure.
fuck your momma cause it was the 2nd listing on google and more current than the first [though both were about the 2000 case in CT].
google 'cop fire high IQ' and see what you get. i was hoping for a more modern case but didn't feel like digging.

to eraserhead, i meant calling me that. you're prolly really young and your world fits into neat boxes of good/bad. that simple worldview is similar to how christian right views the world. and [cough cough] lots of police. ya'll just disagree on who's the good/bad.
some people are nonbinary [no left/right paradigm].
it's not centrist, it's not anything. hopefully it's free thinking but my experiences are gonna color things subjectively just like anyone's.

[edit] here's the top several from google in descending order.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836
2 the one i linked by 'global research' sounds real anti jew
https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-court-ruled-you-can-be-too-smart-to-be-a-cop/5420630
here's another but it's from 99, didn't want to seem dated
https://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/09/nyregion/metro-news-briefs-connecticut-judge-rules-that-police-can-bar-high-iq-scores.html
number 4 cause alan's mother's a whore
https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-in-the-U-S-people-can-be-rejected-from-joining-the-police-force-if-they-are-too-intelligent
5 huffpost
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/arthur-rizer/the-militarized-mentality_b_7462878.html
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 02:48:09 PM by I sniff my own butthole all the time »

jawano

• Rep: -16
« Reply #227 on: June 25, 2018, 05:04:13 PM »

there will be a revolution that will burn a lot of shit down if Trump remains in office. cities will burn and sheltered whites will sit back and mumble "see, i told you they would".

This isnt a trump issue. it shouldnt be a dem/repub issue. Cops are murdering people regardless of the administration in charge and we need to do something about it, something meaningful other than whining about the president. ACAB.

revfredmorton

« Reply #228 on: June 25, 2018, 05:21:20 PM »
i dont understand, how is trump to blame for this?  he is not police

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #229 on: June 25, 2018, 05:30:40 PM »

He certainly didn’t start it, but having a blatant racist “blue lives matter” asshat in the White House certainly ain’t helping. Obama and Holder were doing at least a little to force some investigation and reform of corrupt police forces and working on prison reform. That shit came to screeching halt/reverse under Trump and Sessions.

shark tits

« Reply #230 on: June 25, 2018, 05:57:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He certainly didn’t start it, but having a blatant racist “blue lives matter” asshat in the White House certainly ain’t helping. Obama and Holder were doing at least a little to force some investigation and reform of corrupt police forces and working on prison reform. That shit came to screeching halt/reverse under Trump and Sessions.

oh goodness gracious, you simple minded shit!
what did obama do?
did he help avenge freddy grey?
michael brown?
that white schizo who got beat into a coma while calling for his dad?
that other white schizo who got shot in albequerque after a standoff for urban camping?
anyone?
i'm wasting my time but here's how the game works. the red team talk respectfully to the white population, middle of the country folks that city people look down on. jesus believers and hard workers. make em lots of promises they don't keep but they don't belittle them. brand loyalty.
the blue team does the same to all the urban weirdos, people who don't like their genitals, minorities and any others. they think as little of you all as the rich red team thinks of the rural whites but they need to keep this artificial divide to keep the game going.
if you didn't have a red sox/yankees to root for, to attach yourself to you'd have to look at your situation objectively.
they don't even have to adhere to their own party super hard, 50% of people will vote just on color.
maybe we deserve everything we get. maybe the cops shoot us cause we're all fucking that dumb?

snack pack

• Rep: 7
« Reply #231 on: June 25, 2018, 07:05:26 PM »
You're a babbling idiot

shark tits

« Reply #232 on: June 25, 2018, 07:14:27 PM »
You're a babbling idiot
thank you for your edifying contribution.
i did get a little longwinded for a moment.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #233 on: June 25, 2018, 07:20:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
oh goodness gracious, you simple minded shit!
what did obama do?
did he help avenge freddy grey?
michael brown?
that white schizo who got beat into a coma while calling for his dad?
that other white schizo who got shot in albequerque after a standoff for urban camping?
anyone?
i'm wasting my time but here's how the game works. the red team talk respectfully to the white population, middle of the country folks that city people look down on. jesus believers and hard workers. make em lots of promises they don't keep but they don't belittle them. brand loyalty.
the blue team does the same to all the urban weirdos, people who don't like their genitals, minorities and any others. they think as little of you all as the rich red team thinks of the rural whites but they need to keep this artificial divide to keep the game going.
if you didn't have a red sox/yankees to root for, to attach yourself to you'd have to look at your situation objectively.
they don't even have to adhere to their own party super hard, 50% of people will vote just on color.
maybe we deserve everything we get. maybe the cops shoot us cause we're all fucking that dumb?

snack pack

« Reply #234 on: June 25, 2018, 07:32:49 PM »
Cool man you brought out the thesaurus after incoherent excuse for a post. Obama at least spoke about racial tension between law enforcement and citizens during his terms, what has Trump done? He called NFL players "sons of bitches" for protesting against Police murdering innocent black people and twisted it as them being unpatriotic because they didn't stand for the anthem.

revfredmorton

« Reply #235 on: June 25, 2018, 07:36:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

do police lives dont matter?  in my country we hear about police in your country being abushed and shot in cold blood

shark tits

« Reply #236 on: June 25, 2018, 07:42:34 PM »
Cool man you brought out the thesaurus after incoherent excuse for a post. Obama at least spoke about racial tension between law enforcement and citizens during his terms, what has Trump done? He called NFL players "sons of bitches" for protesting against Police murdering innocent black people and twisted it as them being unpatriotic because they didn't stand for the anthem.
see, you mistake obama addressing it as helping. trump is saying what all the presidents were thinking [or what their actions proved].
if you have 2 bullies and one beats you and calls you nice names and the other beats you and calls you son of bitch, is one better than the other?
i went full reagan in that post but you people are really fucking lacking if you mistake 'addressing verbally' as 'addressing' meaning changing policy.
all presidents bomb arab countries, all presidents look condescendingly on the poor and they all uphold the status quo.
'oh but the president i like is sorry'.

snack pack

« Reply #237 on: June 25, 2018, 07:51:34 PM »
I'd say addressing does more than twisting it around and victim blaming but you seem to have your sights set on bashing anything that doesn't fit into your "us whites have it just as bad" ideology so what more can I say.

shark tits

« Reply #238 on: June 25, 2018, 08:04:32 PM »
I'd say addressing does more than twisting it around and victim blaming but you seem to have your sights set on bashing anything that doesn't fit into your "us whites have it just as bad" ideology so what more can I say.
no dipshit, i'd like to see real change. i won't be placated because obama shouted us out.
that's hollow, no wonder we don't see real change, people are happy to have it addressed.
idk if whites have it 'as bad' but everyone has it bad and comparing scars ain't really progressive now is it?
like yo, sick burn but how does that get you closer to justice?
i don't think most of ya want change, i think it feels vindicating to go 'see the cops are killing us' this confirms my worldview.

jawano

• Rep: -16
« Reply #239 on: June 25, 2018, 08:14:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

do police lives dont matter?  in my country we hear about police in your country being abushed and shot in cold blood
[close]

I call bullshit. Trolling.
[close]