Author Topic: Local Pittsburgh Skater killed by Police  (Read 33849 times)

krookedjuice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
Re: Local Pittsburgh Skater killed by Police
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2018, 10:19:32 AM »
Expand Quote
The piece of shit who murdered him was hired roughly 5 weeks ago and was sworn into the department around 3 hours before he killed this boy.
[close]
what the actual fuck

Came in here to bring that up if it hadn't been. I live in Pittsburgh and watching the news last night made me sick/angry hearing the police chief talk about them "still investigating" when its on video what happened.
I never knew him, I'm sure I probably had seem him at a park or something.
it's really tragic.

hip bruise

• Rep: 11
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2018, 10:29:34 AM »
Abolish the police

Cop was obviously a rookie, he forgot to plant a gun on the victim

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: June 21, 2018, 10:54:49 AM »
Expand Quote
hope that cop gets the worst kind of cancer.
[close]
Wishing cancer upon someone isn't cool fam👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

Nah fuck that cop I hope karma delivers him ass cancer too

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2018, 10:57:31 AM »
Shot in the back is a hard one to sell as "justified" but if anyone can do it it's US police.

SlappyBum

• Rep: -4
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2018, 10:59:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Fuck that cop

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2018, 11:01:23 AM »
hopefully it's gonna start getting better w/ all the videos and shit but dreary for now. most people have to be affected by seeing these cop killings, right? once the cops start being held accountable this shit will die fast, i keep hoping we're on the cusp of it.
RIP

Here’s hoping but there is no evidence of happening anytime soon. They kill and get away with it every time, even with the videos. Human being with souls are affected by these videos but racist courts cops and judges are another story.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2018, 11:06:48 AM »
rip .. that’s disgusting .. these dirty police officers need to go to jail and stop being protected .. the good cops out there should be the ones that stand up for the victims and stop allowing these pieces of shit to wear the badge

If they defend or stay silent about these killings, then they are not good cops. Which means most of them are actually “bad apples”. Blue code of silence=Blue code of violence.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2018, 11:10:50 AM »
White kids are brought in alive
Black kids get hit with like five
Get scared, you panic, you're goin' down
The disadvantages of the brown

Song hasn’t even been out a week

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2018, 11:36:18 AM »
Holy shit this news that the cop was just sworn in before murdering the kid somehow makes this situation even worse, which I didn't think was possible. I bet that there will soon be news articles detailing every single bad thing that this kid has done in his short lifetime to justify his murder.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2018, 11:41:48 AM »
Pretty sure that cops goin down for that one. Still happened though. Start running from em in a zig zag pattern I guess. I never ran when they had gun already on me, you can feel those bullets, they ain't playing. I overheard a lot of cops and a lot are fucked in the head, plus they straight operate on dislike and fear. And they dislike and fear nigga shit the most. I don't know how to fix it but yeah, more cameras helps but more cameras suck too. I dunno man, I don't think shits gonna change as quick as people want. Its gonna be slow and this stuffs gonna keep happening in the meantime.

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2018, 12:02:53 PM »
R.I.P.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2018, 12:09:49 PM »
There is never any justification for police shooting a kid in the back.

Some helpful advice for kids: If you get into shootouts in the streets you dramatically increase your chances of getting unjustly shot in the back by police. Refrain from this activity to increase your chances of making it to adulthood.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2018, 12:14:10 PM »
Some helpful advice for idiots: Running from the police is not a capital crime for which you should receive the death penalty. Fleeing on foot is generally a misdemeanor for which you should not be killed.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2018, 12:21:09 PM »
Some helpful advice for idiots: Running from the police is not a capital crime for which you should receive the death penalty. Fleeing on foot is generally a misdemeanor for which you should not be killed.

100% correct.
However, it has been proven that police don't seem to care about that.

eraserheadfuckers

• Rep: 26
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2018, 12:43:11 PM »
ACAB

Grampa

• Rep: 143
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2018, 12:57:01 PM »
RIP

Just a reminder that there are no good cops. Cops that do stand up for what’s right do not remain cops. 

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2018, 01:04:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2018, 01:17:59 PM »
Holy shit this news that the cop was just sworn in before murdering the kid somehow makes this situation even worse, which I didn't think was possible. I bet that there will soon be news articles detailing every single bad thing that this kid has done in his short lifetime to justify his murder.

I'm not defending the cop in any way but those headlines are misleading. He was just sworn into this police dept. the day of the incident but he had been serving in other departments for 7-8yrs prior. Like I said, not making excuses for what happened but those headlines are click-bait and when you read the article it mentions he had served in other departments before being sworn in at this one.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2018, 01:20:00 PM »
This isn't the first skateboarder to be gunned down by police. If I recall correctly, it happened in another skateboarders own front yard in California. Brea? A few years ago.

This is disgusting and equally heartbreaking. Seventeen year old kid, man. Fuck.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2018, 01:57:53 PM »
you can hear someone saying "shoot those cocksuckers" hard to tell who said it but i hope it wasnt one of those cops.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2018, 02:38:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So if I'm getting the story straight:

- Shots fired call made to the police
- 22 year-old man found on street with bullet wounds to the abdomen.
- 22 year-old alleges that man in car was the aggressor, fired nine .40 caliber rounds from car initially.
- 22 year-old returns fire (both are armed), hits car with multiple rounds.
- Police see car that matches description moments later, with bullet holes in rear window
- Police stop car. Antwon Rose is a passenger in said car, along with a second passenger. Antwon Rose and 2nd passenger both attempt to flee. Driver stays in car.
- Antwon Rose runs away, police shoot him multiple (I'm hearing 3) times. Antwon Rose dies. 2nd passenger gets away
- Police search car. Police find 2 firearms in car. No weapons are found on Antwon Rose's person
- Driver of the car is 20 years-old. Is questioned, no wounds. Driver of car is released. 2nd passenger still at large.

Someone please fill me in on anything I'm missing. I'd assume the next thing they do is run ballistics and see if the two guns found match the .40 caliber rounds that hit 22 year-old. I saw someone post that you would be ill-advised to run from the police, especially if you're riding in a vehicle with bullet holes and weapons present, fair point. Regardless, the officer in question sounds like he reacted out of fear and impulse rather than accessing a situation, which is something that he should have been drilled through in his training. If they do find he shot Antwon unjustly, he should most definitely be charged with murder. Fucking awful thing to happen. Law enforcement should be held to higher standards, or at the very least show some fucking competence
[close]

None of that matters you twat. You trying to victim blame here all low key? Fuck you.  A child was murdered by an agent of the state.  Shot in the back.
[close]
Yeah a cop's first reaction to someone running away shouldn't be to shoot them in the back. Multiple times. There's nothing justifiable about this.
[close]
If he was innocent why did he start running from the cops?

This statement alone shows that you are too privileged to understand. I decided to look at your past posts and you said your number one favorite shop is in Malibu.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 02:40:37 PM by Bristol_Palin »

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2018, 03:02:20 PM »
Just out of curiosity, does this still apply if you're wanted for a drive-by shooting and you're suspected of being armed in a neighborhood? Without knowing the entire scenario that played out, it sure looks dirty, but there is more to a case than the 4 second instagram showing someone actually getting shot.

Not saying it was right or wrong, just saying that there are things that play into account. As an example, the Dallas shooter in 2016 was killed by the police without a trail, because he was deemed to dangerous to even try to arrest.

Based on the timeline posted by gino, it seems like someone played stupid games and won stupid prizes.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2018, 03:23:54 PM »
RIP, that cop better have to deal with his actions, piece of shit

shit_for_brains

« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2018, 03:25:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Just out of curiosity, does this still apply if you're wanted for a drive-by shooting and you're suspected of being armed in a neighborhood? Without knowing the entire scenario that played out, it sure looks dirty, but there is more to a case than the 4 second instagram showing someone actually getting shot.

Not saying it was right or wrong, just saying that there are things that play into account. As an example, the Dallas shooter in 2016 was killed by the police without a trail, because he was deemed to dangerous to even try to arrest.

Based on the timeline posted by gino, it seems like someone played stupid games and won stupid prizes.

Is the Dallas shooter, someone walking around in body armor who was heavily armed and actively engaged in murder that many people witnessed and filmed, really comparable to a 17 year old who was a passenger in a car that matched a description who tried to flee? I think the differences are obvious and incomparable. What's the difference between Matthew Broderick and Jeffrey Dahmer? They both killed people...

You may not realize it or mean it, but you're saying it's right. You're making excuses for why this shit is happening. Fleeing on foot, which is the only criminal act anyone KNOWS he committed, is not a crime you can be executed for. Period. The problem is not one of people fleeing, it's of police killing indiscriminately.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2551
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2018, 03:28:17 PM »
Yeah, but he totally didn't respect the police, so...you know?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

shit_for_brains

« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2018, 03:30:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm not defending the cop in any way but those headlines are misleading. He was just sworn into this police dept. the day of the incident but he had been serving in other departments for 7-8yrs prior. Like I said, not making excuses for what happened but those headlines are click-bait and when you read the article it mentions he had served in other departments before being sworn in at this one.

I hadn't seen that info thanks. I don't know if it's worse having someone who doesn't know what they're doing and kills a kid, or someone who knows exactly what they're doing and kills a kid. Either way ACAB

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2018, 04:12:59 PM »
this is fucked up man.. gives me chills.
rip antwon
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2018, 04:46:09 PM »
Expand Quote
bullshit in every way. why shoot someone in the back? cowards
[close]

Still can't believe killing a suspect is the correct procedure in the States...

RIP Antwon

my dad was telling me a story of him running from a cop as a teen and having the cop threaten to shoot. he said at the time he scoffed at it and it was my initial reaction as well, but i guess thats a good example of white canadian privilege. it does happen here, but its definitely not as common

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2018, 04:57:03 PM »
There is never any justification for police shooting a kid in the back.

Some helpful advice for kids: If you get into shootouts in the streets you dramatically increase your chances of getting unjustly shot in the back by police. Refrain from this activity to increase your chances of making it to adulthood.

They might kill you anyway. Walter Scott had a busted headlight and got shot in the back for running. His case was an anomaly though because the pig actually went to jail. Doesn’t bring back Scott’s life though.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2018, 04:58:23 PM »
When i was young a cop pressed his gun against my head and told me if i move he'll blow my brains out. My crime? I stole some beer. You bet your sweet ass i didn't move. Anyway ACAB!
Rest in peace Dick Dale.