Author Topic: Whats your skate shoe history?  (Read 5260 times)

Crap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 77
Re: Whats your skate shoe history?
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2020, 10:11:13 AM »
Expand Quote

dunk hi bo knows

[close]

Damn this colorway reminds me of the Air Trainer 1 Chlorophyll's I had back in the day. One of my favorite shoes I skated that I totally forgot about.

I think I remember there being an SB version of these, and there as an ad with Tim O'Connor maybe?  Or am I totally making that up and was I just skating some non-SB version?

Tim O'Connor's pro model on Savier was basically the Air Trainer 1 with the strap and swoosh removed.

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2020, 02:40:48 PM »
Vans
Sk8-Hi, Half Cab, Chukka, Authentic, Era, Old Skool, Crockett 1, TNT Advanced Prototype, Walker 1, Rowley OG
Adidas
Matchcourts low and high, Adiease, and Busenitz
Nike SB
Blazers, Bruin, Air Jordan
DC Shoes
Lynx OG, Legacy 98 Slim, Kalis OG
Airwalk
Obviously the One
Reebok
Pump, Workout, Club C 85
My most recently purchased shoe was another pair of the Reebok Workout shoe.
My favorite pair are the newer Half Cabs with the insole.
My least favorite shoes were the Authentics or the Kyle Walkers.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

burn_to_live

• You had to be there.
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2020, 02:47:22 PM »
I didn’t buy or skate a pair of DCs until 2019
same

Noioso

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2020, 03:10:09 PM »
When I was young, it was pretty much whatever I could get:

adidas Superstars
adidas Gazelle
Some random shitty Osiris (ran Osiris for a minute because they always had cheap shows, and I was poor)
Vans (Rowley XLTs, Grecos)
Lakai
Globes, eS have also been sprinkled in

Once adidas started their skate program back up, I switched back, and have almost skated them exclusively. My biggest gripe is they don't keep shoes or colorways in rotation and retire amazing models while keeping around the Busenitz (which I think is a terrible skate shoe). The best shoes have been the Puigs, both models. I still have a pair of these unskated, and pretty much unworn:

"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

burn_to_live

• You had to be there.
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2020, 03:12:36 PM »
adidas Superstars
Idk how in the hell i forgot the Superstars!

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2020, 05:30:36 PM »
First pairs of skate shoes: etnies, DC stevie williams (that I also played basketball with), globe

2005-2015: Circa appleyards, about 5 pairs of DVS (2 mikeys, jeron wilsons diamond collab), about 5 pairs of lakais  (Koston selects indy collab, MJ 2, brea, vincents)
A pair of dekline, a few eS shoes, CTS mid, Emerica hobo, Gravis filter, vans era. I'm likely forgeting some form this time period

2015 to Aug 2020 : DC mikey taylors, es accelerate and accent, vans tnt, Emerica provost (after 3 seshes the vulc sole dis attached from the rest of the shoe), DC lynx lite, new balance 345, Huf dylan slip ons (never skated), etnies jameson, lakai rileys and sheffield xlk, Huf clive and soto, DC Tiago S, addidas busenitz II, vulc, eS contract

Favorites: Circa appleyards, lakai vincents and rileys, DC tiago S, and Huf Clive
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 05:44:04 PM by lazer69 »

Just Giver

• Rep: 17
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2020, 05:35:05 PM »
Fallen Troopers > America Hsu/whatever > Vans Old Skools > Nike Blazers

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2020, 05:55:28 PM »
only sale section shoes growing up haha, i don't think my parents ever let me buy a pair of shoes over $47 or so

First 10 skate shoes:
Etnies Calli cut
DVS Revival
Fallen Ranger
eS Square One
Vox Vamp
Adio Kenny Standard Mid
eS Cessna
Etnies Mikey Taylor
Emerica Francis
eS Theory 1.5

I also remember this was during the time DC Court Graffiks and Etnies Calli-cuts were super popular, i remember really wanting Court Graffiks and my parents told me no but bought my younger brother some. Also wanted some of those osiris with the funky tattoo art on the side and same thing happened where my brother got some and i didnt lol.

I also mostly skated Maranas for the first 2-3 years since they came out because i was broke and they would last forever

Pretty much only skate Accel slims and Swift 1.5's now.

*edit - threw some pictures in, i'll try and add more if i can find them
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 06:03:01 PM by sus »

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2020, 06:33:36 PM »
1985ish whatever big5 reebok, converse, asics i could get that i thought resembled air force 1's. next, probably a couple of old skools, sk8-hi's, full & half cabs. then lots of etnies, es, emerica until like 2003 (maybe a DC or two somewhere in there, horward's, rudy's)  and finally back to vans.

unhonorable mentions
one pair of the mervyns lace saver airwalks.
one pair of the 1st Axion KCK's.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2020, 07:40:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

dunk hi bo knows

[close]

Damn this colorway reminds me of the Air Trainer 1 Chlorophyll's I had back in the day. One of my favorite shoes I skated that I totally forgot about.

I think I remember there being an SB version of these, and there as an ad with Tim O'Connor maybe?  Or am I totally making that up and was I just skating some non-SB version?
[close]

Tim O'Connor's pro model on Savier was basically the Air Trainer 1 with the strap and swoosh removed.

There was for sure a Nike SB Air Trainer 1 in Brown/Black/Navy, I had a pair in about 2005 I think? I never wore them.

chewly

• Rep: 1
  • Aaron Hips
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2020, 07:53:15 PM »
Yo dudes i had some All black, gum soled, yellow circled Vans that id lace real low and shit. Thems was fire and I think my moms copped them for 40 or something at kohl's when I was 13.
I am not a cop

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2020, 04:24:11 PM »
Anyone remember Gen-X ? I had a pair in 2007-2008 and they were white leather. I remember skating them and they skated pretty damn good for B/C tier skate shoe brand. Kinda started my interest for all white leather shoes! Haha

Edit: this is my 311th post, so Amber is definitely the color of my energy right now  8)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 09:58:39 PM by DarkPools »
Super Champion Fun Zone

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -86
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2020, 01:03:30 AM »
Age 14-18 Es/Nike
18-23 Vans/Nike
23-30 Vans/Cons

Primarily. Some Lakai sprinkled in.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2020, 01:24:22 AM »
It’ll take me a while but I’ll try and rack my brain for every pair of skate shoes I’ve worn...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2020, 06:09:05 AM »
Far too many to list individually, but:

-First pair of skate shoes (that I skated in) were the Adio Bam V2s. The black and gum ones. Then I had a pair of the Kenny Anderson's in the same color.
-Next shoe phase was Fallen cuz I saw Zero's New Blood and it left an impression on 8th grade me. Had a few pairs but these were my first:

-After a few pairs of Fallens I hopped between Emerica and eS (with random others in between) and that was probably my longest shoe phase. After eS "shut down" I pretty much exclusively skated Emericas up until like a couple years ago.

-Now I just switch between Vans and Cons. As of late been  mostly skating Vans Pro Classics and have had quite good luck in them, so this will probably be my phase for awhile.

In my phases I would occasionally stray to outliers like Adidas, Lakai, or even a couple pairs of Osiris, but generally when I find a brand I like I sorta just stick to them for a bunch of shoes at a time.

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2020, 10:20:07 AM »
My first pair was some jc penny vans and my first actual pair was Rowley xlt's

Some wacky ones would be ive had:

Osiris d3
Globe Mullen 3's x2
Prod 1's
Nike dunks (ewww)

Some favorites

Emerica hsu mids
Emerica braden
Es accel og(old faithful)
Circa Adrian lopez ( his first shoe I think)
Globe chet 6's
Rowley xlt
Adio Kenny v1

eSK3

« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2020, 02:52:53 PM »
1st Duffs Cobbnobblers
Most recent Jordan 1 high smoke grey

All time favs are a tie between koston 3 and Savier Staba

On a side note my other fav is the lynx OG black/grey/red which were the first shoe I bought with my own money from my first job as a teenager.

IrritableBowel2

• Rep: 20
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2020, 03:07:23 PM »
First Skate shoes:

Latest Skate shoes:

vhsfisheye

« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2020, 03:36:57 PM »

found an old pair in my basement forgot i used to skate these. honestly 10/10 that thick deep tread on the sole was fucking sick i wonder if lakai still makes similar shoes like this i need them

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2020, 03:15:10 AM »

Okay so this is not pretty at all...

It covers everything I can remember skating in that I could find an image of over about 15 years. Couldn't find an image of Dill 4s in white with the stripe down the side which might have been the only cool shoe of my teens.

The early days are a haphazard selection of whatever I could find cheap, then I was a bit more selective about what I could find cheap.

Vans slip ons represent maybe the last 5 years.

Octobre Rouge.

• Rep: -2
  • Black metal and ledge skating
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2020, 03:15:48 AM »
First pair of skate shoes that I skated in : DC court graffik (they were also really popular in Europe).

After skating a lot of random shoes, i tried to focus on a single model. I trashed a lot of SB dunk and One star pro.

Nowadays, I'm only skating second-hand Puma Suede with custom insoles. Cheap, durable, well designed and eco-friendly.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2020, 04:12:10 AM »
pre 2008 I think i had a bunch of DC's and Nike 6.0's before I really discovered what skating fully was about lol.

2008-2009ish I tried out a bunch of mall skate brands like etnies, adio's, more current DC's

2010-2012 Nike SB boii, back when the quality seemed to be way better, had a load of the old bruins and blazers in some sick colours - for some reason in the uk they would go into sale a lot? I even a pair of nike sb classics and a pair of the first run janoski's with the cork insole and leather laces.

2012-2013 Cons CTS were my thing, had some Popalardo Cons that I loved, got some of my favourite tricks in. Also had 2 pairs of the old skool pro's and maybe a pair of era pros too. By the end of that year I got suckeddd into skating exclusively normal converse cause I thought it was cool as shit - I'd score them for like £10 on ebay ( sliiiiick)

2013- 2016 Converse and the odd vans era, fuck I'm pretty sure I ruined my feet.

2016-2020 Nike sb, Adidas, a bunch of non skate shoes that have proved pretty sick in the last 2 years.

vhsfisheye

« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2020, 08:39:37 AM »

Okay so this is not pretty at all...

It covers everything I can remember skating in that I could find an image of over about 15 years. Couldn't find an image of Dill 4s in white with the stripe down the side which might have been the only cool shoe of my teens.

The early days are a haphazard selection of whatever I could find cheap, then I was a bit more selective about what I could find cheap.

DISAGREE this is beautiful, alot of dope shoes in there love the navy bruins

Vans slip ons represent maybe the last 5 years.