Author Topic: New Cliff Burton / Connie Burton (Metallica) Documentary  (Read 4907 times)

Simon Woodstock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -35
    • Nowhere avatar image
New Cliff Burton / Connie Burton (Metallica) Documentary
« on: June 21, 2018, 08:20:09 PM »
When a man lies, he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Who was Cliff Burton?
What was he like as a child?
What were some of his hobbies?
Did he have any eccentric habits / behaviors?
How often would he practice music?
What were his beliefs about God, the spiritual realm, and the devil?
How did he feel about satanism?
What were some of the unknown influences on his music/lyrics?
What did Cliff's sister talk to him about shortly before his death?
Would Metallica have been the same had he never joined the band?

These questions and many, many more are answered in The Salvation Kingdom, starring Cliff's big sister, Connie Burton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3_pHIk_DpM&t=1136s
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 09:04:02 PM by Simon Woodstock »

Sad Hippo

Re: New Cliff Burton / Connie Burton (Metallica) Documentary
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 08:27:55 PM »
NOBODY WANTS TO WATCH YOUR JESUS SHIT SIMON.

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 08:43:40 PM »
What are you talking about? This is a Cliff Burton/Metallica Documentary

Sad Hippo

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 11:18:43 PM »
Sure Simon... Sure.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 12:36:28 AM »
I made it too the part where you interveiwed Digital Panic ...
*vomits*

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 07:12:17 AM »
Sure Simon... Sure.

Were you able to watch it?

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 08:07:01 AM »
*vomits*

Thanks for tuning in. That Vomit situation sounds pretty dire. Please let me know if I can get you a mop or something to help out. Have a good weekend.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 08:39:30 AM »
For those wondering, 7 minutes before the god talk comes in.

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 12:05:14 PM »
BTW, since we are chatting. How have you been these days? what's new?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 04:04:08 PM »
Evolution

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 08:02:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Evolution

Insofar as your life is changing for the better? Hope all is well.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2018, 10:19:22 PM »
Insofar as all life is changing, because evolution is scientific fact.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Sad Hippo

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2018, 11:02:19 PM »
Not much, went to Target today, they didn't have any carts and I had to get a ton of stuff.  Wasn't happy.  What's new with you?  Still in SJ?

shark tits

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2018, 05:54:54 AM »
you should skate again simon. get a guest board on enjoi or something.

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2018, 07:59:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Not much, went to Target today, they didn't have any carts and I had to get a ton of stuff.  Wasn't happy.  What's new with you?  Still in SJ?

Things are good. Been sober now 18 years. Health is pretty good. Staying out of trouble, etc. Has some stuff shown at the DIY thing at Subliminal Projects gallery. Pretty good time. Living near Temecula/Fallbrook, CA area these days.

Is there anything I can be praying about for you?

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 08:03:17 PM »
you should skate again simon. get a guest board on enjoi or something.

I go in fazes. I was riding again several years back but accomplished what I had set out to do after a couple years time. Then played guitar for nearly 4 years, I do some "art" now and then.

It was good getting back in to skating, though. Might go slap some curbs soon, etc.

As far as endorsements, guest models, and so forth, I am not opposed. Did a co-model with Dan Cates on Death a relatively short while back.

Hope all is well man. Where you skating at these days?

Sad Hippo

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2018, 08:18:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Things are good. Been sober now 18 years. Health is pretty good. Staying out of trouble, etc. Has some stuff shown at the DIY thing at Subliminal Projects gallery. Pretty good time. Living near Temecula/Fallbrook, CA area these days.

Yea man, I actually have to go back to Target tomorrow and get all the stuff I couldn't because of the cart situation, so see what you can do.  I can't be lugging a basket and a bunch of La Croix 8 packs around by hand you know?! Also, don't let me forget the sunscreen again, amen.

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2018, 08:49:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Yea man, I actually have to go back to Target tomorrow and get all the stuff I couldn't because of the cart situation, so see what you can do.  I can't be lugging a basket and a bunch of La Croix 8 packs around by hand you know?! Also, don't let me forget the sunscreen again, amen.

Alright. Praying for you. I like that La Croix. I enjoy the coconut infused.

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2018, 08:55:36 PM »
Insofar as all life is changing, because evolution is scientific fact.

Far from it (as far as large scale jumps go and/or evolutionary cosmogony, etc.)

For evolution to be fact, it would have had to have happened at the cosmological, astronomical, biochemical, biological, bacterial, zoological, and anthropological levels. The odds against it happening at any of those levels alone are beyond plausibility, let alone all of them combined.

It takes more faith to believe in evolution than to believe in God, actually.

We can debate that here, of course. But, did you watch the documentary?

http://loudwire.com/cliff-burton-documentary-the-salvation-kingdom/
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 07:35:19 AM by Simon Woodstock »

Sad Hippo

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2018, 09:00:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Alright. Praying for you. I like that La Croix. I enjoy the coconut infused.
Absolute worst flavor.

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 07:34:36 AM by Simon Woodstock »

Sad Hippo

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2018, 07:47:25 AM »
You can’t really go wrong with the citrus flavors. Lime, lemon, orange... the mixed flavor ones are also great, blackberry cucumber is a favorite in the house.

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2018, 04:59:51 PM »
You can’t really go wrong with the citrus flavors. Lime, lemon, orange... the mixed flavor ones are also great, blackberry cucumber is a favorite in the house.

Sounds good. hit me up if you ever want to go slap curbs. Have a great week, SH.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2018, 06:59:41 PM »
Expand Quote
*vomits*
[close]

Thanks for tuning in. That Vomit situation sounds pretty dire. Please let me know if I can get you a mop or something to help out. Have a good weekend.
You still killing god's creations and eating their dead corpses mate?

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2018, 08:07:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
*vomits*
[close]

[close]
You still killing god's creations and eating their dead corpses mate?

You tapped out previously on that debate. We were at the ethics/metaphysics of 'why would that (i.e., being a carnivore) be wrong for everyone and not just your opinion?' discussion.

That is, if you believe that is wrong for you, then that seems fair enough (good for you). But, why would that also be wrong for me or anyone else? To put it another way, what if my own personal truth is that it is fine to eat meat? Who, then, is anyone else to judge me for that? Aren't you pushing your morals on me?

So, we can strike that up again you like (i.e., you can try to make your case for the justification of putting moral convictions on others) and/or you could do a mosh pit floor slide through the 'vomit', watch the remainder of the documentary, and give me some feedback on it.

Why not? Blabbermouth.net did: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/metallicas-late-bassist-cliff-burton-previously-untold-stores-recounted-by-his-biological-sister-connie-burton/

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2018, 08:20:21 PM »
I tapped out? Didn't you focus brah?
But why would you personally go out of your way to harm one of god's creatures if you are such a religious man?
If you're a nihilist, then I get it but surely you don't subscribe to the whole "god put animals on this earth for us to eat" school of thought do you? Do you just skip the whole thou shall not kill thing too?

"That is, if you believe that is wrong for you, then that seems fair enough (good for you). But, why would that also be wrong for me or anyone else? To put it another way, what if my own personal truth is that it is fine to eat meat? Who, then, is anyone else to judge me for that? Aren't you pushing your morals on me? "

And that's why I think it's fine to eat other people (particularly Christians who only come on SLAP to push their religious agenda), if that's my personal truth then you shouldn't judge me for that brah ;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:29:34 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Sad Hippo

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2018, 08:36:33 PM »

Simon Woodstock

• Nowhere avatar image
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2018, 09:43:35 PM »
I tapped out? Didn't you focus brah?
But why would you personally go out of your way to harm one of god's creatures if you are such a religious man?
If you're a nihilist, then I get it but surely you don't subscribe to the whole "god put animals on this earth for us to eat" school of thought do you? Do you just skip the whole thou shall not kill thing too?

"That is, if you believe that is wrong for you, then that seems fair enough (good for you). But, why would that also be wrong for me or anyone else? To put it another way, what if my own personal truth is that it is fine to eat meat? Who, then, is anyone else to judge me for that? Aren't you pushing your morals on me? "

And that's why I think it's fine to eat other people (particularly Christians who only come on SLAP to push their religious agenda), if that's my personal truth then you shouldn't judge me for that brah ;)

That's what it would boil down to. If there is no standard that transcends personal convictions, cultures, and societies, then nothing could be considered to be universally wrong (even cannibalism). Yet, people, cultures, societies, courts of law, judges, etc. consider a multitude of things to be wrong all the time, they demand justice when wrongs take place, and so forth.

It just shows the inconsistency of 'ethical/moral relativism' (that people have their own individual mortal truths that are true for them, but not for anyone else) - if you, or anyone else is a moral relativist, then good for you on your opinions, and you might as well keep them to yourself (practically speaking). Yet, people point the finger at actions they consider to be wrong all the time. (thus, relativism is utterly contradictory to the way the world actually works). Relativism (or, even more precisely, making universal moral claims while denying the Universal Moral Standard that is God) is completely self contradictory and thus philosophically untenable.

Or, it goes the other way and literally nothing at all could be considered to be universally wrong in society, which would lead to utter chaos.

Nevertheless, you are not a Christian, so leave the Bible aside for the time being; and give me sound reasons why I or anyone else outside of the scope of your own personal opinions and convictions should consider anything we old to be true to conversely be wrong. How is asserting your own moral convictions on me, when mine differ from yours, not to be considered as judgmental, condescending, and the like? (I don't think you are being that way, and you have proven yourself to be a pretty stand up chap in the past, but I do want to hear your explanation there).

Sad Hippo

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2018, 09:52:14 PM »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2018, 10:09:17 PM »
Yes Simon, that's all well and good and obviously I don't condone cannibalism (though I'm willing to make exceptions :p)
but I want to know why you personally, as a man of Christ, choose to cause the pain, suffering and death of sentient beings (supposedly created by your lord no?) even though one your God's most famous commandments is "thou shalt not kill"? He didn't amend that clause did he? I'm pretty sure he didn't...
I don't want you to backtrack, philosophize or write paragraphs on the topic, I want your personal reasoning as to why you think it's okay to do so in 2018.

Usually when we subscribe to a theory/ way or life/ belief, we try (as much as possible) to be consistent with the teachings of said belief system no? Case in point: if I came on slap and only posted about animal rights but then mentioned that I liked my new fur coat, people would be quick to criticize me no? And rightfully so because that is the label I placed on myself.

I just can't take religious people seriously when they conveniently ignore certain teachings and yet try and push their beliefs onto others. And let's be realistic here, you only come on SLAP to talk about Christianity so lets talk about your Christianity ...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 10:13:47 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »