Author Topic: Skate Kitchen  (Read 8326 times)

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
Skate Kitchen
« on: June 24, 2018, 07:30:03 AM »
This seems too culturally significant for the Photos/Video page:

https://youtu.be/iT1izrIxoos

Discuss.

Dirty Daventry

• Rep: -25
Re: Skate Kitchen
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 07:47:51 AM »
Can Jaden Smith actually skate? "I saw you at the park you were ripping" sounded so forced. Hope the film doesnt copy Kids too much
Catch me at the crib getting light to Jeff Mangum
It's fun to do bad things like rhyme about handguns

shark tits

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 08:10:24 AM »
Can Jaden Smith actually skate? "I saw you at the park you were ripping" sounded so forced. Hope the film doesnt copy Kids too much
what if they redid kids but the genders were reversed? and they yell breeder at straight couples in washington square and beat up a white guy after skating on his foot. then at the end jenny can get casper's dick hard while he's sleeping 'don't worry, it's me jenny'.

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 08:27:51 AM »
Please tell me Ted is in this as himself as a coke dealer.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 08:41:57 AM »
Thrashin' 2: New York Boogalooo

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 08:43:25 AM »
I thought this was an actual skate video but finally seeing the trailer this looks mad cheesy
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

shripshrapper

• Rep: -21
  • Shane Heyl 2020 #GOATPOTUS
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 08:56:20 AM »
I thought this was an actual skate video but finally seeing the trailer this looks mad cheesy

Mad cheese. But it's "empowering women", so we must stay quiet and nod agreeably.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -478
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 09:07:18 AM »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yQnDSkCCmOc

You tell me if he can skate.  Rachelle and these kids suck and need to go the fuck away. Leave it to New Yorkers to make skating look wack as fuck.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 09:19:44 AM »
Once urban outfitters got those overalls.......

Good to see women as poorly misrepresented in the mainstream as men....

Way rather see a full feature of this....

https://video.vice.com/en_ca/video/slam-by-me/5952b7755a82e1315977772b

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 09:26:24 AM »
skate or die bitch

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2018, 09:29:42 AM »
This trailer bummed me out till
skate or die bitch

Whatever though, between this and Jonah hill's movie maybe skating (and obsession with youth) will fall to some wayside and like, the Cobrasnake-type stuff can be cool again
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

emchen

• Rep: 20
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2018, 09:30:32 AM »
I was so hyped when I thought this was gonna be a documentary of the Skate Kitchen homies and etc.

After watching the trailer I am not so hyped anymore

Little Debbie

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2018, 09:57:19 AM »
whatever, haters can hate, but at the end of the day, the world is ready for a film like this, girls are ready for a film like this. Rodrigo TX put up money to produce this and if he signed off on it, that makes it even more legit. to me, it kinda doesn't matter if these kids really skate or not. as long as they can do a decent job capturing some of the actual dynamics of growing up as a skater girl, that's what the point of the film is. there might also be subtle nods to Kids and other coming-of-age films in this, who knows?

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -478
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2018, 10:29:20 AM »
whatever, haters can hate, but at the end of the day, the world is ready for a film like this, girls are ready for a film like this. Rodrigo TX put up money to produce this and if he signed off on it, that makes it even more legit. to me, it kinda doesn't matter if these kids really skate or not. as long as they can do a decent job capturing some of the actual dynamics of growing up as a skater girl, that's what the point of the film is. there might also be subtle nods to Kids and other coming-of-age films in this, who knows?

It’s pretty Much a wannabe kids but instead of gritty portrayal of being a skate rat New Yorker in the early 90s it’s the drama of being a rich teenage girl who happens to skate in Manhattan . Lame.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2018, 10:36:30 AM »
well that trailer did not make me want to watch it

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2018, 10:48:03 AM »

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2018, 10:51:57 AM »
Tensions flare when Bree snakes Richelle's no comply to disaster on the 2 foot flat bank and posts it to the gram

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2018, 11:18:44 AM »
skate or die bitch

Came here to say this

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2018, 11:26:04 AM »
weird that was not what i thought i was clicking on

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2018, 12:44:48 PM »
Was hoping for a no holds barred cooking deathmatch EXTRAVAGANZA hosted by Neen and Clyde Singleton.  Very dissapointed.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

SlappyBum

• Rep: -4
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2018, 12:51:52 PM »
Is it just me or do any of you hate the way movies are shot and made these days

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2018, 01:13:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I was really hoping that they would've said Dead Skateboarding career and showed Pops in that Vice video
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Thanos916

• Rep: 25
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2018, 01:19:15 PM »
Was hoping for a no holds barred cooking deathmatch EXTRAVAGANZA hosted by Neen and Clyde Singleton.  Very dissapointed.
haha yeah, The Boss could be the Chairman and Mullen would be Alton Brown. Chris Roberts could roam around the kitchens and provide color commentary. Each contestant MUST be on a skateboard at all times while cooking. There would be a different obstacle each episode they'd have to skate between the pantry and the kitchen. Wait, this is starting to sound like some ETN shit. HMU Bragg.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:21:10 PM by Thanos916 »

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2018, 01:23:59 PM »
Tensions flare when Bree snakes Richelle's no comply to disaster on the 2 foot flat bank and posts it to the gram
Pfffhahaha

But yea this is a movie for young girls so I'm backin it fully.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2018, 01:55:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
haha yeah, The Boss could be the Chairman and Mullen would be Alton Brown. Chris Roberts could roam around the kitchens and provide color commentary. Each contestant MUST be on a skateboard at all times while cooking. There would be a different obstacle each episode they'd have to skate between the pantry and the kitchen. Wait, this is starting to sound like some ETN shit. HMU Bragg.
I think Clyde will win based on creativity and how gourmet hsi shit is. Although I haven't seen much of what Neen cooks,my mind might change. Bragg quit playin LET'S GO

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2018, 02:07:22 PM »
Theyre the worst fucking cancer in skateboarding, i hope they fucking quit their bullshit soon.

Must suck to be good as fuck while being ignored(female) and seeing this pieces of shit take that spotlight, without een being able to land a nice fucking 360flip.
And sexually harrassing kids at spots should not be embraced as they do
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

curbsmash

• Rep: 0
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2018, 02:14:00 PM »
Nicole Hause went in on these people (without naming them) in the last couple questions of her Jenkem interview and, from the looks of the trailer, good on Nicole for calling this the bullshit that it seems to be. Seems corny as shit and I hope the movie is seen as completely separate from the huge array of women tearing shit up right now.

How can skate media cover women better and what have we been doing wrong?
For a while, everything has been lacking, but it’s starting to get on the right course. I just feel like it’s about the right girls getting the right media coverage. Media people will find someone who says they know a girl skater, and she doesn’t really skateboard or she’s been skating for two years and she could probably do a treflip. Then she gets the media coverage over someone that has been skating for a long time who actually cares about progressing skateboarding.

There are girls that are getting media attention and I’m like, “But you’re not what is actually portraying a woman in skateboarding for me.” That bums me out, but at the same time, everything happens so fast these days that there are always going to be illegitimate people getting coverage over legit people.

I think it’s about who’s more marketable when it comes down to it. Especially in areas where skateboarding is not as core, those girls get looked over. People will pick a random girl because they like her look and she can stand up straight on a skateboard so they send her product because she has this many followers on Instagram.

At the end of the day, it’s a business decision. It’s a bummer for us to see some of the girls getting coverage and not progressing anything in any way. Like she skates, but she skates for a different reason than all of us.

Would you say New York girl skaters get more coverage because of their image?
[Laughs] I didn’t mention New York, but I was thinking it. It happens there for sure, but that’s what happens on the East Coast. Sometimes it doesn’t translate the same way to the West Coast so we see it differently.

New York is also trendy so whoever has the most trendy fashion Instagram will get some type of media coverage. How long they’ve skated, how much work they put in, what they did or what they’re doing doesn’t even matter if they can sell stuff for some marketing people. It sucks for people who know, and the people who are getting all the coverage don’t know what’s going on. They’re just hyped because someone told them to skate and they’re getting big because of that.

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2018, 03:26:30 PM »
Nicole house who that? Why do we care waht a California contest skater thinks of?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2018, 03:28:46 PM »
Nicole house who that? Why do we care waht a California contest skater thinks of?
She lives in SD but is from Minnesota or Michigan or wherever

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2018, 03:31:05 PM »
that interview is weird. i read into it earlier on that shes saying girls shouldnt skate street cuz theyre not strong enough
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5