Author Topic: Curb spots in San Diego  (Read 2574 times)

Ray C. Usery

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 162
  • My brother Roy is into music
Re: Curb spots in San Diego
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2023, 06:51:05 PM »
Ah ya that's likely the In-N-Out ledge.
I don't go north of the 8 too often and I haven't really ledged skated since 1995 so I don't know about a fastfood ledge. The spot I was talking about is just north of the DIY ledge in that Indy video. I've been walking the hills of that neighborhood for 3+ years now and I noticed that spot I was talking about a while ago, it's near a famous garden. A couple of weeks ago I noticed it was wax the f up. I've got a feeling we'll see the footage on Friday at Jake Hill's pro party, it's his kinda spot

Ray C. Usery

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2023, 08:29:46 PM »
Would love any recommendations of ledge spots

@LebowskisRug (the @ thing never works for me) you should start a Ledge Spots of San Diego County thread and I'll post everyone I see.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2023, 07:14:02 PM »
Giving this a bump since i will be in San Diego for work for a week in July. Trying to find out some really fun curb spots out there. I will be working at the Navy base and have a limited vehicle so i guess if anyone knows anything around there or on the main strip of san diego...any curb spots would be greatly appreciated!

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2023, 08:21:59 PM »
I'm guessing your talking about 32nd street. Every time I drive by that base I see curbs/stuff to skate but it's in the base. There's the Chicano park ledges next to the skate park with curbs around but I haven't been in forever.

If you have a bank mauler you can ride a bike to the bike path next to the marina under the 5 fwy is a famous bank spot with a hip that gets DIY'd every once in a while

You can walk to this if it's still there it's on Una st. Not a curb but fun to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgWnWkjvoyo

You should DM those guys about curb spots in National City. I don't skate south of the 94 that much

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -180
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2023, 01:32:00 PM »
I'm guessing your talking about 32nd street. Every time I drive by that base I see curbs/stuff to skate but it's in the base. There's the Chicano park ledges next to the skate park with curbs around but I haven't been in forever.

If you have a bank mauler you can ride a bike to the bike path next to the marina under the 5 fwy is a famous bank spot with a hip that gets DIY'd every once in a while

You can walk to this if it's still there it's on Una st. Not a curb but fun to see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgWnWkjvoyo

You should DM those guys about curb spots in National City. I don't skate south of the 94 that much

DIY barrier is torn out- went to check it out this morning

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 90
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2023, 06:38:04 PM »
Too many San Diego threads but this one is on the front page of this section.

Are there any parks in SD that close at 10pm or later?

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2023, 08:27:20 PM »

The streets are open

Do you only skate transition? Hit up the Ramona ramp

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 90
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2023, 11:57:39 AM »
^Will be here for about 2 months, trying to meet up with some others skaters

Ray C. Usery

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2023, 03:55:12 PM »

There are quite a few that have lights till 10, I work nights so I've never skated them. I think City Heights and Linda Vista have lights till 10. OB never closes but it doesn't have lights. I can't remember if Poods has lights but it has no gate, the fence is waist high.

I'm sure there are more in Oceanside and Vista but I don't go there often enough to remember

McBrandt

• Rep: -13
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2023, 10:27:10 AM »
In PB I used to love skating the double sided curbs on top of the banks in that christian center parking lot, on Hornblend between Ingraham and Jewell. They aren't red curbs but at this point they're probably pretty waxed.

The double sided curb at Ben Franklin elementary in the kensington area was the best, but I made the mistake of telling a blabber mouth about it and it kind of blew the spot up.

There are a few slapy curb options and a famous 3 up 3 down at the Board of Education buildings where Washington hits El Cajon. I never got kicked out of there and that was pretty much my daily spot. Then again I haven't skated any of those spots in over 10 years so who knows now.