Author Topic: Nico hiraga lakai colorway  (Read 7013 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: Nico hiraga lakai colorway
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2018, 02:49:45 AM »
And Raven who has nothing on Lakai hasn’t left for Diamond yet because...

cloudy

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2018, 08:29:48 AM »
And Raven who has nothing on Lakai hasn’t left for Diamond yet because...

some people are just not cut out for designing shoes/coming up with their own colorways. see below. or have had bad luck with the designs given to them. and yeah that'd be such a good look for raven to flee from lakai and run to his cousin's company just to get that coveted pro model, bitter because they did this kid, who seems pretty loyal and doesn't even have a board sponsor, a solid by giving him a colorway. plus, i think the consensus that was reached in the "raven of lakai" thread was that if raven (the "lacrosse bench warmer" lookalike as you described him) were to leave, his landing spot would most likely be nike.

https://www.instagram.com/p/PAIGs0kXlP/?hl=en&taken-by=lakailtd

Aatila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2018, 09:11:34 AM »
for a group of people who seemingly dont care for lakai this is pretty funny this is a topic of discussion

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2018, 09:16:24 AM »
so lakai will give a colorway to a guy without a board sponsor but huf dropped ryan lay entirely because he wasnt on a big enough board sponsor.

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2018, 09:20:27 AM »
This thread of wild speculation about why this kid got a colorway is hilarious.

I mean its just something to discuss. Its not crazy to think about the marketing tactics a company uses. Just curious how a non active skater is being used to sell shoes. I think a few people have had some valid responses as to why they use his design. Big in japan, part of odd future. Fair enough.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2018, 09:25:04 AM »
so lakai will give a colorway to a guy without a board sponsor but huf dropped ryan lay entirely because he wasnt on a big enough board sponsor.

separate companies and I dont think they were together through Altamont capital at the time to even warrant something like this. 

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2018, 09:27:47 AM »
ah i wasnt trying to link the two events. just commenting on the industry in general.

cloudy

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2018, 10:13:15 AM »

i've never really been convinced that that's the whole story behind ryan lay getting the boot from huf. apparently jason celaya over at welcome rubs some people the wrong way, and i wouldn't be surprised if huf simply chose not to be associated with them. around the same time huf released a joey pepper/expedition one version of the pepper pro, and i wouldn't exactly say that expedition one was a "big enough" board sponsor.

as far as lakai giving colorways to guys without a board sponsor, look no further than...although i do think tommy sandoval was on zero...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH1GVHRBmaw/?hl=en&taken-by=lakailtd

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2018, 01:08:23 PM »
Expand Quote
This thread of wild speculation about why this kid got a colorway is hilarious.
[close]

I mean its just something to discuss. Its not crazy to think about the marketing tactics a company uses. Just curious how a non active skater is being used to sell shoes. I think a few people have had some valid responses as to why they use his design. Big in japan, part of odd future. Fair enough.
The reason its funny to me is that its an open question. Nobody is like “dude rips and gets a ton of coverage, why not?”
Honestly I’m pretty sure its the instagram thing. Dude has like 2 billion internet followers. Lakai is basically trying out being hipster Revive...but even that is a theory
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2018, 03:50:49 PM »

euro tm

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2018, 06:06:04 PM »
Expand Quote
this kids dad is tyler the creators manager or something along those lines. just let that sink in and it'll explain why he's in this position.
[close]
definitely not true

this kid sucks tho ive never seen a clip from him that was any good i forgot he was even on lakai

maybe i’m confusing him with someone else. i don’t know. who were we talking about again?

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2018, 06:52:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
this kids dad is tyler the creators manager or something along those lines. just let that sink in and it'll explain why he's in this position.
[close]
definitely not true

this kid sucks tho ive never seen a clip from him that was any good i forgot he was even on lakai
[close]

maybe i’m confusing him with someone else. i don’t know. who were we talking about again?

Tyler the creators kids manager

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2018, 07:42:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i've never really been convinced that that's the whole story behind ryan lay getting the boot from huf. apparently jason celaya over at welcome rubs some people the wrong way, and i wouldn't be surprised if huf simply chose not to be associated with them. around the same time huf released a joey pepper/expedition one version of the pepper pro, and i wouldn't exactly say that expedition one was a "big enough" board sponsor.

as far as lakai giving colorways to guys without a board sponsor, look no further than...although i do think tommy sandoval was on zero...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BH1GVHRBmaw/?hl=en&taken-by=lakailtd

Wow.  I kind of like Workaholics and used to love Lakai, but that photo is really bad. 

ManMelt

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2018, 08:22:25 AM »
patiently waiting for Tony's shoe.
Tony Ferguson comeback model confirmed