Author Topic: Jerry Gurney "Ride the Lightning": Blood Wizard/Devils Lettuce Metal Mad Man Rai  (Read 7737 times)

my english is bad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • no hablo english
I know Jerry is super cheesy and kookie but damm i love his skating

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
Remember when he used to be like this?

...Few people probably do. I just wonder what inspired his seemingly major shift in behaviour and image. Like if he was advised by Blood Wizard to cultivate some kind of image so that he could have longevity in skating.

cloudy

jesus, danielle haim really let herself go

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
I wonder how many pro skateboards have crazy sword collections.

Davie Dick

• Rep: 14
i get it, the whole ironic metalhead schtick, but he is completely insufferable

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 823
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
I used to really like Gurney now with his dumbass fake metalhead dweeb persona I really can’t watch more than 30 seconds of anything with him in it.
Jerry if you’re out there, shave your head, put your glasses back on, stop playing air guitar, and just be yourself.
Probably lay off the coke (I assume ) too.
Thanks.... from all of us at Slap

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728

...Few people probably do. I just wonder what inspired his seemingly major shift in behaviour and image. Like if he was advised by Blood Wizard to cultivate some kind of image so that he could have longevity in skating.

wow abbas, thanks for the mind-fuck!

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.

It's just like how a lot of people forget Elijah Berle used to be like this...

bawtawdinfinity

I used to really like Gurney now with his dumbass fake metalhead dweeb persona I really can’t watch more than 30 seconds of anything with him in it.
Jerry if you’re out there, shave your head, put your glasses back on, stop playing air guitar, and just be yourself.
Probably lay off the coke (I assume ) too.
Thanks.... from all of us at Slap
Hes left the cocoon and is now spreading his beautiful butterfly wings. Don't hate a man for spreading his butterfly wings.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote

[close]
  It's just like how a lot of people forget Elijah Berle used to be like this...

The difference is Elijah Berle was barely a teenager when he switched up his gear, whereas Jerry Gurney seems to be a full fledged adult man who cultivated a corny-as-hell persona seemingly overnight.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

shit_for_brains

Also current Elijah Berle looks pretty much where you would expect that kid to go. Jerry Gurney's a fuckin clown

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1208
One time I talked to Jerry on Omegle pre-FUBAR look. He said he rode for Blood Wizard (which was fairly new at the time) and I said "Oh cool like Chris Senn?" and he laughed at me and said "Uh yeah, like Chris Senn". So fuck you Jerry Gurney, don't laugh at me.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
dude is unwatchable 

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2231

Wow, that's insane. This dude is such a false kook. If I were on that King Of The Road where Enjoi had to go act like a fucking loser with this dude I would have had to chose to abstain from the challenge and get kicked off the team for losing points.

The plus side of that would be that I wouldn't end up on that corny ass cover wearing tassles and also I wouldn't have to ride for Enjoi.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
people are giving him such shit for this, does no one remember chris haslam changing his style from bald deca to slightly hesh to full metal guy too? gimmie a break, people change.

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
His part in the forst Blood Wizard video was like this and he skates to not metal music!
He had a much better style back then! Will try find the video
EDIT: found the video! he starts around the 20.10 mark

« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:24:24 AM by rejectpaul »
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
people are giving him such shit for this, does no one remember chris haslam changing his style from bald deca to slightly hesh to full metal guy too? gimmie a break, people change.

That's fair. There have been 3+ Ethan Fowlers and 6+ Jim Grecos.

ohhyess

• Rep: -43
his skating is sick but everyone knows drugs and alcohol just leads to less time spent skating.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
He thinks he's funnier than he is. Those kind of people are the worst. If you think you're funny, you most probably aren't. If he didn't try so hard, he'd probably be a lot more enjoiable.

roscoemoore1

this guy really fucking irritates me. fuck you jerry gurney.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
EASILY the worst schtick in skateboarding right now.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

cloudy

EASILY the worst schtick in skateboarding right now.

that's interesting - the idea that this is just shtick (which i mean, obviously it is, but i'm thinking more in a comic theme/gimmick sense). having seen/heard what this dude once looked/sounded like, it's funny to think that he might be on some long, drawn-out performance art shtick, a la joaquin phoenix in i'm still here. or like when tyrone olson and chris casey joined forces in almost round 3 to become william patrick...

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
his skating is sick but everyone knows drugs and alcohol just leads to less time spent skating.

Watson

• SLAP Pal

Yeah but everyone knows Haslam is wack and looks stupid too. Super nice guy, but fucking Dragonforce? Come on. I think it's just that he's a nice guy who looks dumb and didn't adopt a full on persona like Gurney. Although I used to cringe XXL hard at that "Kraychee" shit or whatever that catchphrase was.

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • no hablo english
people hating on Jerry metal gimmic but forget that Jim Greco have a carrer of wacky gimmics

Watson

• SLAP Pal
NO ONE has ever forgotten about Jimmy's personality crises.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
One time I talked to Jerry on Omegle

I could definitely understand mistaking a webcam quality penis for Jerry Gurney
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

Pigeon

I could only watch the first bit where he snorted actual snow and then threw his knife up...kind of wish it hit him.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
With this particular individual, I actually buy the idea that heavy metal caused this.