Author Topic: Spitfire vs Bones Easy Street durometer  (Read 1901 times)

Torre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -30
Spitfire vs Bones Easy Street durometer
« on: September 25, 2019, 10:55:59 AM »
So I need some feedback about this. I’m thinking of getting new wheels, and I’ve been using Bones Easy Streets and love them. However I’m thinking of going with Spitfire F4 because I’ve enjoyed them in the past. My question is do you think Bones Easy Streets which are 99a are similar in feel to F4 in 99a?
I’ve always felt like Spitfires feel softer  at a similar durometer to other brands but I can’t say for sure. My hunch is that Bones 99a is about equivalent to F4 101a. Wanna hear what people have to say tho.

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Spitfire vs Bones Easy Street durometer
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 11:08:30 AM »
In my opinion Easy Streets feel softer and grippier than F499s

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 11:48:12 AM »

In my opinion Easy Streets feel harder and grippier than F499s

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 01:03:05 PM »
The Easy street fatties feel softer to me than equally wide F4’s and slide about the same (though the sound is slightly different). The F4’s feel faster but I don’t know if that’s just me being nuts.

I have a narrower set of Easy streets which are similar to a narrower set of F4’s I have and those feel more similar in hardness, slide the same but the ES feel slower also.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 978
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 11:07:57 AM »

Yesterdays-pop

• Rep: -388
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 08:22:37 PM »
I rode spitfire classics my whole life and I really like my bones easy streets, I’d give them a try they definitely feel like they are going to last a long time and the white color looks right

Woos

• Rep: 7
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 10:21:24 PM »
I rode spitfire classics my whole life and I really like my bones easy streets, I’d give them a try they definitely feel like they are going to last a long time and the white color looks right

Nice reading comprehension homie.

Dude already had Easy Streets, he’s asking about F4s.

Italianshredder96

• Rep: 8
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 04:40:03 AM »
Bones are way stickier and don't slide as good, I've switched back to f4s.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2019, 07:01:24 AM »
tread on a street wheel is like wheel companies shooting themselves in the foot before taking on F4's which they never had a chance against anyways.  skateboarding has evolved to a point where feeling that shit and the performance/information degrade will make any urethane seem like diseased dog shit in comparison.

took me almost 2 weeks to get through the tread (yes lightest work on the east coast) on some V5 53 easy street naturals (beautiful wheel).  2 weeks wondering why i waste money when radial slims were on deck.  and how antiquated these manufacturing processes must be at bones.

but the tread is gone and that bones unparalleled roll that almost seems like being pulled forward even through bullshit at times has been revealed...and now it's smoother and maybe even rollyer.  and with tread gone i don't feel like i'm going to re-tear both of my knees trying to break into a slide.  which they do fine, just have to finesse them a little differently. 

so yes great top notch amazing wheels and the natural urethane looks nice.  i kinda like that they are slightly grippier option that rolls better in the streets and is comfier (winter is coming).  I could see getting these maybe a third of the time, or being the go to if they lose the tread.  F4's remain the slicker more nimble wheel, but to me the throne is now challenged.