Author Topic: Madness Skateboards  (Read 7836 times)

shalominator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
Madness Skateboards
« on: August 15, 2019, 09:14:09 PM »
Anyone know what's up with madness skateboards? Their website used to direct you to thank you supply to purchase. All of a sudden they are completely off the thank you supply website.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
Re: Madness Skateboards
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 01:00:50 AM »
Thank You Supply seems to be Dwindle’s direct to consumer website.

Their boards look pretty good. I haven’t looked at any dwindle boards in years until a few months ago. Their shakes have caught up with the times and they actually look really good.

Madness wheel bases tend to be a lot longer though, just a heads up. Except their 8.25 shape. That comes in at a standard 14.25 inch wheel base.

Example: Their 8.375 shape has a 15 inch wheelbase.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 08:31:31 AM »
Anyone know what's up with madness skateboards? Their website used to direct you to thank you supply to purchase. All of a sudden they are completely off the thank you supply website.
i heard they are sold out currently so you cant buy dtc.

shalominator

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 10:32:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i heard they are sold out currently so you cant buy dtc.

Ahhh, strange that they removed the brand completely from the thank you supply website. Im ridding one of their impact boards now and I really like it. Really holds its shape and pop. 45 day warrant against breakage too

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 10:40:10 AM »
The boards look good, but I've seen a bunch advertised with steep concave, and I'm not really into that. Are they all steep?

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 10:58:31 AM »
The boards look good, but I've seen a bunch advertised with steep concave, and I'm not really into that. Are they all steep?
no most are mild concave, steep nose/tail. feels close to some dlx decks shape, imo.

shalominator

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 12:16:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
no most are mild concave, steep nose/tail. feels close to some dlx decks shape, imo.

Yeah, what he said. Steep nose and kick. Takes a few days to get used to if your used to riding a sheet of plywood around. But man do they keep that pop.

SickSickSicks

• Rep: 20
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 03:43:17 PM »
Word is that Dwindle got bought out by a company called Bravo Sports Corp - same that bought Sector 9 and a few other skate brands - so Madness, it appears, is out on their own. Glad if thats the case, it'll be sad to see enjoi in walmart in a year.

shalominator

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 04:36:23 PM »
Word is that Dwindle got bought out by a company called Bravo Sports Corp - same that bought Sector 9 and a few other skate brands - so Madness, it appears, is out on their own. Glad if thats the case, it'll be sad to see enjoi in walmart in a year.

Thats the gossip that I was looking for sounds about right there.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 07:04:36 PM »

It'll be the best thing to happen to Walmart in ages:

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 08:13:38 PM »

That’s a bummer to hear.

Madness out on their own though? I wonder if they will still be pressed through Dwindle?

If not, I wonder what their game plan is for wood, because currently their niche is every board has custom staining and raised paint. Got to be more expensive to make since Dwindle has their own wood shop. Right, they have their own factory?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2019, 10:57:32 AM »

Bravo is the the company that killed maple, dark star and speed demons

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2019, 11:52:14 AM »
I was thinking of getting an 8.75 Madness but it had an adjustable wheelbase which was either 14 or 15 inches so fuck that. But yea the shapes look real nice. Maybe one day.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2019, 08:32:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

But it seems more like they partnered with them, Bravo owns copyright (I guess) for Marvel, DC comics, Nickelodeon etc

Maybe these are the folks behind all the shitty collabs which have invaded the market. But that means it's not just Dwindle but evryone who's doing them, Girl, Santa Cruz, Indy etc...
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2019, 09:38:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

But it seems more like they partnered with them, Bravo owns copyright (I guess) for Marvel, DC comics, Nickelodeon etc

Maybe these are the folks behind all the shitty collabs which have invaded the market. But that means it's not just Dwindle but evryone who's doing them, Girl, Santa Cruz, Indy etc...
when I say killed I mean their reps, Darkstar is still doing alright, Speed demons and maple, of course, are dead.

Bravo doesn't own any copyright. If anything they have exclusivity over the license to produce skateboards(scooters, skates, etcs).  But licensing is bullshit. So Disney(etc) could easily create a license for "professional skateboards" or "skateboard deck" or "Limited edition profession sporting equipment" which is different, but not really. Hell their license could only apply to department retail chains.

Dwindle/Chet owns the Darkstar license (and I assume dwindle still owns maple and speed demons) and licenses it to Bravo to sell in department stores. If you see They basically supply old art and get a cut of the sales.

Financially it would not make sense for any brand to go through Bravo to make licensed boards when they can just go straight to property owner. It's actually pretty easy.

SickSickSicks

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2019, 11:29:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Bravo does do that kind of licensing business, but they aren't the ones behind all the shit we see in the market. They don't own the Marvel license, they just had or have it for a defined period of time, for specific product categories in specific regions of the world. thats how that shit works. We see so much of it right now simply because its worked for Santa Cruz and for Primitive, so everyone is diving in.

SickSickSicks

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2019, 04:46:35 PM »
MADNESS now MIND TRIP. Well played MADN3SS.

Still through Dwindle. So there ya go!

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2019, 03:32:28 AM »
Thanks both for wording it in the correct terms.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2019, 08:33:16 AM »
I randomly saw that Mindtrip is of Mindtrip and back on Madness like nothing happened.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2019, 08:50:24 AM »
I randomly saw that Mindtrip is of Mindtrip and back on Madness like nothing happened.
they were able to get their trademark back.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2196
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2019, 04:18:33 PM »
So... The whole vanishing from the Dwindle website for about a month was just due to avoid cease & desist orders until they (re)secured their trademark, then?
Nice to see they got their plane back on the tracks in time to set sail: that whole Mind Trip thing felt a little forced.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2019, 08:33:06 PM »
So... The whole vanishing from the Dwindle website for about a month was just due to avoid cease & desist orders until they (re)secured their trademark, then?
Nice to see they got their plane back on the tracks in time to set sail: that whole Mind Trip thing felt a little forced.

Idk why i care but glad they got the name back..
They remind me of an old world brand that you know is not going to be around long.....

AngryBlackMan

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2019, 07:16:34 PM »
I'm skating one of their decks right now, not because I'm into the brand but I like skating the Dwindle impact light decks (big guy+land shitty). Picked  it up from eBay, had the embossed graphic on the bottom.  The seller has a lot of "rider stock" decks which I guess is specific rider shapes with random graphics. This is 8.5x31.9 14.5wb

CBP

• Rep: 26
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2019, 09:54:02 PM »
I'm skating one of their decks right now, not because I'm into the brand but I like skating the Dwindle impact light decks (big guy+land shitty). Picked  it up from eBay, had the embossed graphic on the bottom.  The seller has a lot of "rider stock" decks which I guess is specific rider shapes with random graphics. This is 8.5x31.9 14.5wb

That board looks nice, good dimensions too.

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2019, 10:55:29 PM »
Dimensions do sound good!
I am getting square 8.75 x 32.2 on Monday

PMA

Freight Train

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2019, 11:23:29 AM »
Those crushed pearl panels on the new slick bottoms in this month's Thrasher look really cool. Never seen that before and it makes the deck look like a high-end electric guitar

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2019, 12:24:08 PM »
I want

DR EVIL

• Rep: -3
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2019, 06:10:05 PM »
Madness Straight Fuck'n Sucks

ScarceOne

• Rep: 38
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2019, 08:54:38 AM »
Deck looks sick, always had good luck with dwindle boards always wanted to try a impact deck