Author Topic: King of the Road S3  (Read 97402 times)

MareVitals

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -38
Re: King of the Road S3
« Reply #360 on: August 24, 2018, 09:05:43 AM »
ISUCK on hypocrisy

This was truly embarrassing. I keep hoping Zero will find a way to survive but Jamie keeps kooking it. 

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #361 on: August 24, 2018, 11:06:08 AM »
Great episode this week made even better by not a single second of screen time given to Andy Roy.

Agreed with the posts above about Element. People can hate on the brand all they want but that's a crew of straight up workhorse. When it's time to work, they get after it. Putting Jamie Foy with them is almost unfair. I think Nyjah was hurt because he had a visible limp I think from sacking a rail the previous week. And I'm not trying to be contrary but I don't get the Nyjah hate, even a little bit. He's a rockstar. I could do without Mason Silva's spaz outs but they all rip and IMO they're going to be tough to beat. And my love for the Foundation crew grows exponentially by the week. Not sure if there is a more likable group in all of skateboarding.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #362 on: August 24, 2018, 11:38:35 AM »
I'd agree with the likableness of Foundation if that doxxing tub of lard Sinclair wasn't running their program, but that's just me.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #363 on: August 24, 2018, 11:45:16 AM »
Sinclair is pretty smart, he knows pranking and harassing merlino is gonna be entertaining and bring attention to the team. Plus he’s probably just an asshole

heritage

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #364 on: August 24, 2018, 11:46:54 AM »
I'd agree with the likableness of Foundation if that doxxing tub of lard Sinclair wasn't running their program, but that's just me.

It still bums me out Merlino wrecked himself on that diapered hill bomb. I get hazing your buddies and pranking them but that was completely unnecessary. Then Sinclair tried to say he never said he had to do it. Merlino is going to be pissed when they do the recaps at the end and he sees how much they've been fucking with him.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #365 on: August 24, 2018, 11:54:25 AM »
Obviously he knew it was dangerous. Sinclair didn’t force him to do it, didn’t even take much persuasion then he got up and did it again

shit_for_brains

« Reply #366 on: August 24, 2018, 11:57:23 AM »
I don't think that hill bomb and ass rash is a big deal to Merlino like it is to most people. Those guys are perma-drunk ding dongs rolling around in filth for nickels all day anyway. Dakota Servold is one of the most responsible people in that van after all. Merlino is a stray dog that gets hit by a car and as long as it doesn't die, it's fine.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #367 on: August 24, 2018, 11:58:27 AM »
I don't think that hill bomb and ass rash is a big deal to Merlino like it is to most people. Those guys are perma-drunk ding dongs rolling around in filth for nickels all day anyway. Dakota Servold is one of the most responsible people in that van after all. Merlino is a stray dog that gets hit by a car and as long as it doesn't die, it's fine.
exactly

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #368 on: August 24, 2018, 12:31:27 PM »
I love this line

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

heritage

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #369 on: August 24, 2018, 01:48:03 PM »
Well then I stand corrected!  :P

froufroufox

• Rep: 31
« Reply #370 on: August 24, 2018, 08:51:25 PM »

I genuinely love the way you write. It’s way better than the majority of stuff I come across on the internet & in books.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #371 on: August 25, 2018, 05:35:54 AM »
A van full of the sickest PROs rolled up to a random kid's house and you guys are acting you would not fan out like little Aisan girls and pee your pants.
Performing a random act of kindness usually doesn't involve putting yourself on a pedestal. Just saying.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -168
« Reply #372 on: August 25, 2018, 06:15:19 AM »
Expand Quote
A van full of the sickest PROs rolled up to a random kid's house and you guys are acting you would not fan out like little Aisan girls and pee your pants.
[close]
Performing a random act of kindness usually doesn't involve putting yourself on a pedestal. Just saying.

well you’re talking about a group of people that are paid a living to shit themselves and eat garbage
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #373 on: August 25, 2018, 09:03:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I genuinely love the way you write. It’s way better than the majority of stuff I come across on the internet & in books.

I'm so hot for you right now

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #374 on: August 25, 2018, 11:21:23 AM »
Jaws reminds me of Brak.

C Dash Money

• Rep: -10
« Reply #375 on: August 26, 2018, 03:36:52 AM »
I honestly do not understand the appeal of KOTR. Shit is just all around corny and cringey. This does not re-present skating at all to me. I'm not hating on y'all...but hmmm...yeah well...there is a kind of bro-like posturing about it all. Very unintelligent. Entertainment value is minimal for the cultured, well-hung among us.

And to boot: I'll never buy a deck ever again from any brand that participates in that show.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:38:43 AM by C Dash Money »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #376 on: August 26, 2018, 04:11:29 AM »
I honestly do not understand the appeal of KOTR. Shit is just all around corny and cringey. This does not re-present skating at all to me. I'm not hating on y'all...but hmmm...yeah well...there is a kind of bro-like posturing about it all. Very unintelligent. Entertainment value is minimal for the cultured, well-hung among us.

And to boot: I'll never buy a deck ever again from any brand that participates in that show.

http://youtu.be/5hR5YNqE3K8

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #377 on: August 26, 2018, 05:40:08 AM »
Who the fuck is Derek eldenderf, it’s crazy how you do one of the sickers rails especially for the time and fade into obscurity.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #378 on: August 26, 2018, 06:08:18 AM »

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #379 on: August 26, 2018, 07:09:12 AM »
You reckon Tyson has gone back for that bs5050 for the element video or you reckon some hungry unknown kid has done it since the episode aired?
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #380 on: August 26, 2018, 07:25:02 AM »

I respect your opinion that it's not entertaining, but if you know anything about KOTR, you're not going into it to expand your intellectual capacity for fucks sake. That's like walking into a McDonalds and bitching about the poor quality of the food.

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 448
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #381 on: August 26, 2018, 08:41:34 AM »
Who the fuck is Derek eldenderf, it’s crazy how you do one of the sickers rails especially for the time and fade into obscurity.
This situation reminds me of the Jason Lemankiewicz kid who had one gnarly grind at the end of the emerica Yellow video and then disappeared.

https://youtu.be/6a26L5p4O1Y
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #382 on: August 26, 2018, 09:13:37 AM »

I like his pro spotlight where Ed Templeton lectures him for not being able to read well.

Avicci

• Rep: -71
« Reply #383 on: August 26, 2018, 11:27:45 AM »
I dunno if anyone's brought this up or noticed it before, but it's fucking regular that they have webisodes with footage that isn't in the hour long episodes. I don't think those idiots at Thrasher even realize that people probably think the webisodes are the real thing. It's cord cutter era, nobody has fucking cable.

"chill out on the yo flips theo we only want whats best for you!"

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #384 on: August 27, 2018, 02:03:09 AM »
I dunno if anyone's brought this up or noticed it before, but it's fucking regular that they have webisodes with footage that isn't in the hour long episodes. I don't think those idiots at Thrasher even realize that people probably think the webisodes are the real thing. It's cord cutter era, nobody has fucking cable.
I think that’s part of the deal that thrasher has some extra content that they can show it on their own webisodes, that shit has been that way since vice has been involved...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #385 on: August 27, 2018, 04:42:20 AM »
been out of the country for the past two weeks...anyone got a wetransfer on episode 6 hill bomb in diapers
good come sausage

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #386 on: August 27, 2018, 11:57:04 PM »
http://youtu.be/QH_mdObA_i4

This part was super fucked up at the time, some of it still is. He had some nobatble coverage here and there (Hollywood 12 sw fs feeble, that gigantic kinked 5050 etc...) granted, he was on Powell, but honestly thought he’d blow up after this part when it came out. Also, I get that Nyjah bs 5050d that 39 kink rail and went over the sidewalk but that rail is still Derek Elmendorfs rail, I couldn’t believe the footage when I saw it, NOBODY was doing that in 2009. Wasn’t he getting Zero flow or something for a bit after the Powell thing?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 11:59:24 PM by LOU.502 »

im probably lying

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1278
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #387 on: August 28, 2018, 12:10:06 AM »
Seeing that rail front 50d by Derek Elmendorf sure killed my stoke boner for Tyson's back 5050. I guess it was for points but that was sorta lame since it was an ABD by a relative unknown.

EDIT Damn also saw that he did a front 5050 on that long kinker rail for his ender in the Fun video. Jaime Foy did that in the same episode I think. Who at Thrasher hates this dude?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 12:17:40 AM by jakeumms »
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #388 on: August 28, 2018, 01:20:03 AM »
Seeing that rail front 50d by Derek Elmendorf sure killed my stoke boner for Tyson's back 5050. I guess it was for points but that was sorta lame since it was an ABD by a relative unknown.

EDIT Damn also saw that he did a front 5050 on that long kinker rail for his ender in the Fun video. Jaime Foy did that in the same episode I think. Who at Thrasher hates this dude?
I think Jamie Foy did it in last the last season, but I’m pretty sure he popped out early. Not to take anything away from Foy, that’s a fucked up rail and he skated it on a whim one day during KOTR, which is really sick. But Elmendorfs Sheckler costume fit fitty finale is one of the craziest Enders nobody ever talks about

im probably lying

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #389 on: August 28, 2018, 05:24:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
http://youtu.be/QH_mdObA_i4

This part was super fucked up at the time, some of it still is. He had some nobatble coverage here and there (Hollywood 12 sw fs feeble, that gigantic kinked 5050 etc...) granted, he was on Powell, but honestly thought he’d blow up after this part when it came out. Also, I get that Nyjah bs 5050d that 39 kink rail and went over the sidewalk but that rail is still Derek Elmendorfs rail, I couldn’t believe the footage when I saw it, NOBODY was doing that in 2009. Wasn’t he getting Zero flow or something for a bit after the Powell thing?
I sort of remember Element having an ad with him and Dallas way back,but he came and went pretty quick so I'm foggy on him.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house