Author Topic: King of the Road S3  (Read 97334 times)

sharkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
Re: King of the Road S3
« Reply #510 on: September 12, 2018, 08:46:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Too many continuity errors with the cake in tyson's hair
[close]
this. also wasn't there more trophy's on the table than what they handed out?
They'll be in the thrasher webisode  ::)

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #511 on: September 12, 2018, 09:06:54 AM »
I felt like I was at a high school talent show or something while watching this where you feel second hand embarrassment in the crowd. And Cole getting robbed on the gnar award was such bullshit. At least everyone else there seemed like they knew that as well.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Gasstationgarry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #512 on: September 12, 2018, 09:07:09 AM »
Cole wilson had the bummed quote "cause Nyjah does so many sex changes" and that really got me butthurt for him.
blob:https://imgur.com/99a29482-a4b4-4bd4-935b-d63d9db0e647

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #513 on: September 12, 2018, 09:29:43 AM »
A week from now nobody is even gonna remember that award. I wonder what's gonna happen when someone who isn't jaws gets seriously hurt on this show

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #514 on: September 12, 2018, 10:14:21 AM »
Tyson only a few spliffs away from being Tyson Townend.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #515 on: September 12, 2018, 10:15:23 AM »
Watching on viceland's site is a fucking joke with all the ads, and some of them are 15 to 30 minutes..had to refresh the page and skip around to dodge that bullshit.
I had to toggle in and out of fullscreen, to be able to skip some of the ads. Still had to watch those Ciroc and The Purge spots a ton though.

zion saying 'shut up bitch' to phelper was a personal highlight
I think I actually preferred "I'm about to land this shit on your stupid ass."

It was worth watching just to see everybody reacting to the other team's tricks and Zion's going-pro thing, but yeah pretty much all the rest of it was a mess. I just keep hating Phelps more and more.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #516 on: September 12, 2018, 10:21:56 AM »
The part was definitely merlino staring at the screen

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #517 on: September 12, 2018, 10:28:21 AM »
The part was definitely merlino staring at the screen
He seemed so stoked to get that pool table

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #518 on: September 12, 2018, 11:13:24 AM »
Is Nick Merlino sick? Genuine question and not in the least bit said in jest. He doesn't look well.

For the most part I thought it was an entertaining season but cringeworthy finale. Definitely hyped for Element and Foundation and will buy Cole or Glick's board soon. Real couldn't be more boring, collectively. Some rad dudes individually but their team was boring as shit. Maybe if they had Buz or Ishod in the van it would've spiced things up. It was edited poorly too because the way they showed it there was no way Foundation was at 9000 points to Real's 11,000.

And if I never see Andy Roy's dumb face again in my life it will be too soon.

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #519 on: September 12, 2018, 11:58:15 AM »
Cole got robbed ! I think of all the teams I’m most hyped on Foundation and having Axel with them was a plus. Element was alright but fuark they were always gonna win this shit :/

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #520 on: September 12, 2018, 12:12:53 PM »
What a fucking cringefest! Thrasher and Viceland really have ruined KOTR. It's all about Burnett's stupid challenges now which are just some reality show bullshit. At least before KOTR was entertaining, now less and less. Fuck this shit. No idea why I watched the whole series.  :-\

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #521 on: September 12, 2018, 12:34:36 PM »
I think since the one with Birdhouse winning set the bar so high in being so shitty, I think last year's and this year's weren't totally bad. Some cringe worthy moments for sure but overall, it was entertaining at least.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

The Woodsman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #522 on: September 12, 2018, 12:53:37 PM »
Favorite part: Zion telling Phelps to shut up and calling him a bitch.

Least favorite part: Andy constantly yelling “Buck Buck”
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
-Gandhi

MarmaladeCoyote

• Rep: -2
« Reply #523 on: September 12, 2018, 01:08:58 PM »
zion saying 'shut up bitch' to phelper was a personal highlight
Phelps is turd sandwich.  That dude could go away and I would not care less.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #524 on: September 12, 2018, 01:14:03 PM »
Another season finale that's a hot mess. That's not even a judgement anymore. All 3 of the Viceland finales have been different but uniquely fucked. I seriously don't know why this is so hard? Keep it mellow for the taping and then go hard at the afterparty.

It's absolute bullshit that Cole didn't get the award for the rock fakie on the handrail so that Tyson Peterson's pro announcement could be set up. That was covered pretty well by Thrasher back in June so somebody double dipped hard. Looking at the photos, you can even tell it's the same night.

Honestly, I think Sinclair might have done Nick Merlino a weird huge favor pranking him so hard. I never really thought about Merlino before this but he turned out to be one of my favorite parts of this season. His reaction to winning the poker table was adorable. So was stopping everything so he could hug his dad.

I look forward to complaining with you all about the show next season.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
« Reply #525 on: September 12, 2018, 01:46:08 PM »
I saw the post thrasher "Element Wins" post and it's full of support for foundation. Hopefully, they'll benefit from all the goodwill they've gained as the people's champs.

wasn't Tyson unsponsored or flow during the am scramble last year?

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #526 on: September 12, 2018, 02:26:28 PM »
settle down people ... this is soty all over again. foundation might not win (it is judged on points after all), but they will forever stay the peoples' champs. true underdogs, not giving a fuck. hopefully, their board sales pick up significantly after this

This

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #527 on: September 12, 2018, 03:26:51 PM »
I look forward to complaining with you all about the show next season.

I'm surprised we're not live streaming these
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

bigstevefitnessmodel

• Rep: 0
« Reply #528 on: September 12, 2018, 03:32:27 PM »
Is Nick Merlino sick? Genuine question and not in the least bit said in jest. He doesn't look well.

For the most part I thought it was an entertaining season but cringeworthy finale. Definitely hyped for Element and Foundation and will buy Cole or Glick's board soon. Real couldn't be more boring, collectively. Some rad dudes individually but their team was boring as shit. Maybe if they had Buz or Ishod in the van it would've spiced things up. It was edited poorly too because the way they showed it there was no way Foundation was at 9000 points to Real's 11,000.

And if I never see Andy Roy's dumb face again in my life it will be too soon.

Nicky does not look well, I hope he's getting the support he needs.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #529 on: September 12, 2018, 05:17:13 PM »
First thing I thought of when I saw the point total was Jamie Thomas wasting Real's time trying to 180 nose grind a 6 stair rail for an hour. If that wasn't contrived reality TV drama, and he made me possibly miss a share of 50k I'd be kinda pissed.

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -153
« Reply #530 on: September 12, 2018, 05:24:44 PM »
how many of those points were comprised of doing gross shit

too many

this show sucks

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #531 on: September 12, 2018, 05:32:54 PM »
First thing I thought of when I saw the point total was Jamie Thomas wasting Real's time trying to 180 nose grind a 6 stair rail for an hour. If that wasn't contrived reality TV drama, and he made me possibly miss a share of 50k I'd be kinda pissed.

I don’t know what’s contrived about it.  It’s a thing that happened.  I doubt they had a producer tell Jamie to do that because they want to fuck REAL of all teams regardless of the next 5-6 days of tricks/points.  We almost made it an entire season without some using this weird excuse

JPeterman

• Rep: 4
  • It'll always be Myanmar to me
« Reply #532 on: September 12, 2018, 05:38:06 PM »
Remember when KOTR was mainly about doing fucked up tricks with a couple challenges chucked in there? Pepperidge Farm remembers. I highly doubt people prefer seeing people regurgitating into each others mouths rather than a fakie heel over a spine.

Regardless, Foundation are definitely the peoples champs. Next board for sure. Also, just a theory, Element was set up to win so they could have some extra gnar points once the Element video drops on Thrasher.

optimusXgrind

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • facebook avatar image
« Reply #533 on: September 12, 2018, 05:51:28 PM »
anyone know how many points element got for the "get a jackass star in the van" thing with bam? i remember thinking it would be pretty fucked up if thats what put them over the top
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 05:55:16 PM by optimusXgrind »

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 82
« Reply #534 on: September 12, 2018, 06:06:14 PM »
Season Finale...

Nick +1

Evan -1

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #535 on: September 12, 2018, 06:36:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don’t know what’s contrived about it.  It’s a thing that happened.  I doubt they had a producer tell Jamie to do that because they want to fuck REAL of all teams regardless of the next 5-6 days of tricks/points.  We almost made it an entire season without some using this weird excuse

So you believe everything you see on TV is presented as it went down... what a discerning individual you must be...

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #536 on: September 12, 2018, 06:56:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

So you believe everything you see on TV is presented as it went down... what a discerning individual you must be...

Hmmm do I think hyper-competitive/hates to lose Jamie Thomas refused to give up and not land a trick he should have in the bag or do I think Burnett called him and and told him to purposely not land a trick and keep not landing it for what, like 20 minutes, in the hopes that the point totals would be so razor thin at the end of the competition that it would fuck over Thrasher’s second favorite board company in favor of Element.     All the post-trip awards (phelpers choice, best transition trick, etc) is where they can actually affect point totals, not some weird manufactured event like this.     The whole reason the Jamie Thomas thing was even shown was for the juxtaposition with him talking at Rincon about how he’d never waste time on KOTR.  If he hadn’t said that, I doubt it’d have even been included in the edit.  Kinda like all the mileage they got out of Sinclair asking Merlino why he bombed the hill when he clearly told him to

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #537 on: September 12, 2018, 07:00:54 PM »
Evan you're one of the saddest skaters of all time but you're annoying ass fuck.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #538 on: September 12, 2018, 07:09:04 PM »
The rail award felt staged just to turn Tyson pro.

Wish Foundation won but glad Nick got the Poker Table and was so hyped on it.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #539 on: September 12, 2018, 07:11:36 PM »
Evan you're one of the saddest skaters of all time but you're annoying ass fuck.

It's so hard for me to be annoyed him when it is clear he is tripping balls ALL THE TIME.

"My voice is loud."
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.