Author Topic: King of the Road S3  (Read 97345 times)

ChronicBluntSlider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: King of the Road S3
« Reply #540 on: September 12, 2018, 07:18:26 PM »
Damn I think atiba might not know what an editing room is

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #541 on: September 12, 2018, 07:25:59 PM »
So...Even will eat dogshit, but not cake?

A dirtboarding cover of Thrasher?

Did they waste all that pizza?

Is Jake's health failing?

Foundation won.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #542 on: September 12, 2018, 07:26:02 PM »
Damn I think atiba might not know what an editing room is

Or we are arguing about two different things based off your use of “contrived”.  Obviously this isn’t some cinema verite documentary, it’s a reality show competition and they have set up things to be the focus of each day/episode.  I just don’t think everything is inherently contrived just because it’s on tv.  Vice doesn’t have the same knowhow or resources to do a Bachelor type con job and certainly no one in Thrasher is smart enough to put together that level of Truman Show fuckery.   

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #543 on: September 12, 2018, 07:39:52 PM »
I think we’re more or less on the same page then. I was just suggesting they made more of it than it actually was not that it was staged or whatever.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #544 on: September 12, 2018, 07:41:55 PM »
I think we’re more or less on the same page then. I was just suggesting they made more of it than it actually was not that it was staged or whatever.

Yeah agreed.   I was taking a dump so I wrote more than I needed to to pass the time

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #545 on: September 12, 2018, 08:06:45 PM »
It would have been cool if Foundation won but I don't think it really matters, besides that they didn't get the cash. It's not like Enjoi winning last year propelled them into being one of the really relevant brands. I think Foundation won a lot of people over regardless of how they did.

deathandnightandblood

• Rep: -15
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #546 on: September 12, 2018, 08:06:59 PM »

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #547 on: September 12, 2018, 08:48:43 PM »
yeah the cole thing really baffled me. obviously just a move to get tyson behind the mic for his surprise but, very unnecessary. they could've done something similar to the fake trivia challenge they did last year for foy's board and not given undeserved points to the wrong team when foundation was going to be last place either way?

regardless, i wanted foundation to take it but i'm glad element won instead of real. never thought i'd say that but, the dryness of the team's vibe together was killing me the whole season.

also, why so much evan hate? i get it that he can be hard to listen to but he seems very positive, always smiling and laughing and skating harder than anyone else.. honestly it's just another slap trend. same as saying "my next board is a foundation for sure" when maybe one of you will actually go buy a board and support them and the other 99 percent will just buy another board from a smaller/newer brand. not that there's anything wrong with that but, quit fronting.

side note - did anyone else see the photo andy roy's new teeth? he somehow looks even sketchier now.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #548 on: September 12, 2018, 09:26:19 PM »
yeah the cole thing really baffled me. obviously just a move to get tyson behind the mic for his surprise but, very unnecessary. they could've done something similar to the fake trivia challenge they did last year for foy's board and not given undeserved points to the wrong team when foundation was going to be last place either way?

regardless, i wanted foundation to take it but i'm glad element won instead of real. never thought i'd say that but, the dryness of the team's vibe together was killing me the whole season.

also, why so much evan hate? i get it that he can be hard to listen to but he seems very positive, always smiling and laughing and skating harder than anyone else.. honestly it's just another slap trend. same as saying "my next board is a foundation for sure" when maybe one of you will actually go buy a board and support them and the other 99 percent will just buy another board from a smaller/newer brand. not that there's anything wrong with that but, quit fronting.

side note - did anyone else see the photo andy roy's new teeth? he somehow looks even sketchier now.

Bc he’s psychedelic Spicolli now and it’s worse than listening to other dumb skaters talk bc they know they are just mouth farting but he thinks he’s saying something deep
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:45:09 PM by Atiba Applebum »

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #549 on: September 12, 2018, 09:40:33 PM »
anyone know how many points element got for the "get a jackass star in the van" thing with bam? i remember thinking it would be pretty fucked up if thats what put them over the top

The other teams were able to get jackass' "stars" too, but yeah that seemed pretty tailored to element. They showed it in the webisodes. I think real got Dave England (who did some neat handplant thing in a little backyard diy bowl), and foundation got Chris Pontius (Chris and Cole bathed each other nude in a fountain).

Also when they were naming the MVPs from the different teams, did Robbie Brockel get the team MVP for real? I thought that for sure would of been Zion.  I found Robbie pretty entertaining the whole show. I like that he wore that wig throughout the entire thing.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #550 on: September 12, 2018, 09:54:54 PM »

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #551 on: September 12, 2018, 10:17:43 PM »

Merlino On Coke confirmed...looking all yacked up

Expand Quote
Foundation won.
[close]
Do You even Street Style ???

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #553 on: September 13, 2018, 12:35:59 AM »
anyone really believing that zion was being tough in front of phepls? he was just talking shit aka imitating the behavior seen on thrasher's skate rock tours to become a bro with phelps for a chance at soty or maybe even spicing it up for the show. no way would he ever risk getting blacklisted

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #554 on: September 13, 2018, 01:26:56 AM »
people hating on Nyjah (yeah, he's kinda lame) but I'd rather spend a week with Nyjah than spend 10 minutes with Phelps or Andy Roy. HOLY FUCK Andy Roy is STARVED for attention ("HEY GUYS LOOK AT MY FAKE TEETH!! DID YOU KNOW I HAVE FAKE TEETH?!? HEY I'M GONNA TAKE OUT MY TEETH NOW SO I CAN YELL STUPID SHIT LOUDER!! HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME!!!") and Jake Phelps is as dumb as a fucking caveman.

Rock to fakie on a handrail was the best trick filmed during the whole thing. Nick Merlino/Mike Sinclair were the stars of the show and I'd actually love it if they took over in the Andy Roy "hypeman" position next year but they would be like this bickering couple, that would work well I think.

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #555 on: September 13, 2018, 01:30:45 AM »
viceland 187'd king of the road, it's basically jackass/fear factor now. just cringeworthy garbage. the last good one was the 2012 season with alien workshop.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #556 on: September 13, 2018, 02:26:57 AM »
Evan Smith is this years SOTY for sure. Completely killing it on kotr + MVP, and a bunch of other awards plus an epic last part in the element video.

I still back foundation the hardest and I I know good things will come out of the viceland show for those dudes. Tomorrow I'm gonna go to the shop to pick up Cole's, Glick's, and Merlino's pro models. I've been srtickly skating toy machines for the past like 8 years so switching to Foundation isn't a big deal and I much prefer to support current Foundation than current Toy.

Vert Reynolds

• Rep: -32
« Reply #557 on: September 13, 2018, 02:43:54 AM »
Zion looked really bothered/Frazzled when they were watching themselves on TV. I wonder  if he got yelled at?
Do You even Street Style ???

thomas kook

« Reply #558 on: September 13, 2018, 03:29:16 AM »
Zion looked really bothered/Frazzled when they were watching themselves on TV. I wonder  if he got yelled at?

by whom

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #559 on: September 13, 2018, 09:08:10 AM »
Can anyone find that Nick Merlino prank call, where Sinclair (?) tells him he's off the team. That's even funnier now, knowing him and his dad better. He must have been devastated.

All the corny bullshit this season was 1000% worth it just to get Merlino's dad on television.

Oh it's at like 6:00 in here, damn it's even better than I remembered.
www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=341&v=dEDlXxLvw30
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 09:10:39 AM by childhood »

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #560 on: September 13, 2018, 09:16:34 AM »
Nick sr.:
"Andrew Reynolds has been putting the knock on Nicky for 5 years!"

"So what's he supposed do now, Mike?...yeah, he should make a what? sponsor...me.....tape?...and start over?"

Holy shit!

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #561 on: September 13, 2018, 09:19:34 AM »
nick merlino looked sickly as fuck at the awards

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #562 on: September 13, 2018, 09:32:44 AM »
There's like a 0% chance that he doesn't have an Adderall prescription that he snorts, right?

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #563 on: September 13, 2018, 09:42:33 AM »
they should get wheatberry to do the intro w/ the 'bad language' now that vice bought andy new jibs.
maybe kotr can be rehab for old pros to dress as a troll and be the jester but ultimately get their medical issues fixed.
andy roy should move into phelper's spot.
idk who should be on deck if wheatberry gets into legal trouble or dies unexpectedly.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #564 on: September 13, 2018, 12:42:42 PM »
Foundation got robbed and I'll def give those dudes hugs if I ever see them.

Has anybody mentioned that episode where Justin Brock read "KOTR" out loud like "coater"? Even worse than everybody screaming "SOTY" like it's a word.

Thrasher is wack.
p-shuvs and v-flips

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #565 on: September 13, 2018, 12:52:41 PM »
Is Nick Merlino sick? Genuine question and not in the least bit said in jest. He doesn't look well.
he is sober

noninjasinstreetfighter

• Rep: 19
« Reply #566 on: September 13, 2018, 01:28:25 PM »

THERE’S NO CRYING IN SKATEBOARDING.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #567 on: September 13, 2018, 01:36:39 PM »
There's like a 0% chance that he doesn't have an Adderall prescription that he snorts, right?

Nah, he's always been like that even before he was sponsored. If anything he needs a ritalin or vyvanse prescription but he doesn't fuck with that shit. When he was coming up, filmers and photographers put up with his shit, always picked him up, paid for his food, etc 'cause he was that fuckin good.

He could've been pro for Baker, had a shoe on globe and making a good living but he is who he is and and I love him for it. He belongs on foundation with his best friends and Sinclair. He also got tons of exposure from the vice show so people are gonna be recognising him on the sreets/while he drives Uber/works at a grocery store a whole lot more.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #568 on: September 13, 2018, 01:43:08 PM »
Merlino had some marker ink or something on his face that made him look weird. Basically foy was the deciding factor

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #569 on: September 13, 2018, 02:23:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah, he's always been like that even before he was sponsored. If anything he needs a ritalin or vyvanse prescription but he doesn't fuck with that shit. When he was coming up, filmers and photographers put up with his shit, always picked him up, paid for his food, etc 'cause he was that fuckin good.

He could've been pro for Baker, had a shoe on globe and making a good living but he is who he is and and I love him for it. He belongs on foundation with his best friends and Sinclair. He also got tons of exposure from the vice show so people are gonna be recognising him on the sreets/while he drives Uber/works at a grocery store a whole lot more.

That's good he's sober, really.

Do you know any details about why he didn't get on Baker? The rumor that got spread was that Braydon was jealous of him, so he blackballed him. I'm sure Nick was especially wild back then too though.