Author Topic: King of the Road S3  (Read 97386 times)

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -156
Re: King of the Road S3
« Reply #570 on: September 13, 2018, 02:26:15 PM »
maybe he was a threat to their skating? he came outta nowhere w/ sw bs 360s and almost sw heeled LOVE, right? dude and weckingball were getting fucking house and the industry was shook.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #571 on: September 13, 2018, 03:15:58 PM »
He's probably too big a personality to fall in line to the degree necessary to join one of those "family" teams. Nick's gotta be Nick.

What's this about him and Globe? I know he's been in the game for a long time but I've only been paying attention since the Dekline video.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 448
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #572 on: September 13, 2018, 03:37:04 PM »
Element may have won, but Foundation won.

I saw a Corey Click board at the park yesterday and I haven't seen a Foundation board anywhere in nearly a decade. Between Oddity, KOTR, their new video dropping soon, and Cole Wilson innovating handrails, Foundation is suddenly more relevant than Toy Machine for the first time since Welcome to Hell.

Some other closing thought... the same as everybody else's. Phelps sucks and I won't be sad when he dies in a few years. The only Real riders I care for now are Ishod and Buzenitz. Evan Smith seems annoying as hell but dear god he is gifted on a skateboard. Jaws is kinda getting annoying. Foy is a monster. Axel was surprisingly effective as a guest rider. I'm glad they dropped all the make-out bullshit but the obsession with shit and other gross-out stunts has got to go. All in all a pretty good season.

Vice should start making new One In A Million seasons.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #573 on: September 13, 2018, 03:50:28 PM »
Like most people, would have loved to seen foundation win, after seeing the guys on KOTR, i definitley have alot more love for foundation now, hell i would even get a Cole wilson deck. I always liked him but didnt know much about the rest of the team, im sold now for sure. Glad Element took it over Real, Reals just boring as shit, Robbie may be one of the blanded most annoying people ive ever seen on KOTR, he irritated me all season.
Phelps continues to make himself look more and more like a kook every chance he gets, screaming SKATE RATS FOR LIFE, in evans face was just embarrassing.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #574 on: September 13, 2018, 04:44:31 PM »
Phelps is a jackass but i definitely laughed when he started chanting “cake” while evan was tripping hard about eating cake

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #575 on: September 13, 2018, 08:09:00 PM »
I've heard the baker team didn't fuck with merlino because he was an asshole on trips and would blow up spots, I recall beagle telling him that he shouldn't sw bs 360 wilshire 15 because a lot of tricks were not done yet and he was only flow...

he has been my favorite for a long time though.. since foundation wtf he always had crazy footage

That story has to be bogus.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #576 on: September 14, 2018, 04:11:15 AM »
Glad Merlinos sober as he looked like hes been doing crack. Skinny amd scabbed up. He was a fav this season.

But damn Phelps and Roy need to get 86ed. Absolutely useless corny cunts. Phelps is like a living video game npc, like a cop trying to be cool. Such a tryhard.

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #577 on: September 14, 2018, 04:33:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There's like a 0% chance that he doesn't have an Adderall prescription that he snorts, right?
[close]

Nah, he's always been like that even before he was sponsored. If anything he needs a ritalin or vyvanse prescription but he doesn't fuck with that shit. When he was coming up, filmers and photographers put up with his shit, always picked him up, paid for his food, etc 'cause he was that fuckin good.

He could've been pro for Baker, had a shoe on globe and making a good living but he is who he is and and I love him for it. He belongs on foundation with his best friends and Sinclair. He also got tons of exposure from the vice show so people are gonna be recognising him on the sreets/while he drives Uber/works at a grocery store a whole lot more.
[close]

That's good he's sober, really.

Do you know any details about why he didn't get on Baker? The rumor that got spread was that Braydon was jealous of him, so he blackballed him. I'm sure Nick was especially wild back then too though.

He's wayyy more mellow now. Back then his ADHD was crazy and he was more energetic and manic which made him impossible to deal even though his skating was too good to ignore.

Why he didn't get on Baker: they were on a trip to Australia and he annoyed/rubbed some of the dudes the wrong way (that trip was gonna determine if they were gonna put him fully on) the final deal breaker was:

They were at a bar and Leo was sitting with Heath and at some point during the night he goes up to Leo being super stoked and nice and Leo just slapped him in the face and then I think I think he wandered off for a bit (being super bummed and mad about the incident) went back up to Leo and legit smacked him the face.

I'm still coming down from mescaline so I'm remembering like 6 different versions of of what happened that night in the bar.

What I know for sure was that he came up to Leo  being super hyped on him and Leo slapped him in the face and and Nick slapped him harder. Really shittyt spot to be in (do I let my favorite pro just slap me and disrespect me like that for a better chance of getting on?) but Nick couldn't let that slide so Leo got all offended and some drama happened and that was it for him (don't remember if Leo or someone else actually told him on the spot that he was never getting.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #578 on: September 14, 2018, 04:40:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There's like a 0% chance that he doesn't have an Adderall prescription that he snorts, right?
[close]

Nah, he's always been like that even before he was sponsored. If anything he needs a ritalin or vyvanse prescription but he doesn't fuck with that shit. When he was coming up, filmers and photographers put up with his shit, always picked him up, paid for his food, etc 'cause he was that fuckin good.

He could've been pro for Baker, had a shoe on globe and making a good living but he is who he is and and I love him for it. He belongs on foundation with his best friends and Sinclair. He also got tons of exposure from the vice show so people are gonna be recognising him on the sreets/while he drives Uber/works at a grocery store a whole lot more.
[close]

Do you know any details about why he didn't get on Baker? The rumor that got spread was that Braydon was jealous of him, so he blackballed him. I'm sure Nick was especially wild back then too though.
[close]

He's wayyy more mellow now. Back then his ADHD was crazy and he was more energetic and manic which made him impossible to deal even though his skating was too good to ignore.

Why he didn't get on Baker: they were on a trip to Australia and he annoyed/rubbed some of the dudes the wrong way (that trip was gonna determine if they were gonna put him fully on) the final deal breaker was:

They were at a bar and Leo was sitting with Heath and at some point during the night he goes up to Leo being super stoked and nice and Leo just slapped him in the face and then I think I think he wandered off for a bit (being super bummed and mad about the incident) went back up to Leo and legit smacked him the face.

I'm still coming down from mescaline so I'm remembering like 6 different versions of of what happened that night in the bar.

What I know for sure was that he came up to Leo  being super hyped on him and Leo slapped him in the face and and Nick slapped him harder. Really shittyt spot to be in (do I let my favorite pro just slap me and disrespect me like that for a better chance of getting on?) but Nick couldn't let that slide so Leo got all offended and some drama happened and that was it for him (don't remember if Leo or someone else actually told him on the spot that he was never getting.

Then Leo leaves and they're both on Tum Yeto now. Wonder if they ever made amends?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #579 on: September 14, 2018, 05:30:10 AM »
That's amazing. Much respect to Nick for not being a punk and much disrespect to everyone else for kicking him off over it instead of making him their top guy.

PeggyHillsShittySpanish

• Rep: 2
« Reply #580 on: September 14, 2018, 08:03:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Then Leo leaves and they're both on Tum Yeto now. Wonder if they ever made amends?

Merlino is sick and that makes me like him more. His WTF part is insane. He rips.

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #581 on: September 14, 2018, 08:15:47 AM »
small pic but Merlino broke his jaw didn't he, I suspect a liquid diet is going to make you skinny?

« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:19:25 AM by DM »

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #582 on: September 14, 2018, 09:39:22 AM »
Merlino filming with beagle would have been sick

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #583 on: September 14, 2018, 11:12:34 AM »
i can't believe that element turn pro Tyson Peterson and Nassin Guammaz is still a AM fuck elelemt

LOU.502

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • rawr
« Reply #584 on: September 14, 2018, 11:24:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Do you know if that Baker stuff had anything to with the rumor that all of his crazy footage at the time got leaked in that Tactical video without his knowledge? I remember rumors that there were at least a few clips Beagle filmed and gave up without Nicks knowledge or permission? I just remember how heavy that part was and hearing that Nick wasn’t pleased about all of the footage he’d been stacking going to that video, I could be wrong, just stuff I remember hearing at the time.

And his WTF part was and still is really, really fucked up, that was easily one of the craziest video parts of that year

Edit: found the tactical 2 footage. Sw Heel Wilshire @0:31, video part starts @1:55. I had forgotten how gnarly and amazing this part is, I hadn’t seen it in a long time, he truly was/is one of the best out. Who knows what could have happened at the time had this footage been released under different circumstances in a more mainstream video, dude was definitely making waves in the industry

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/33662906" width="640" height="432" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 11:56:50 AM by LOU.502 »

im probably lying

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #585 on: September 14, 2018, 01:11:21 PM »
So who had the least amount of points?

Chima, Dakota?

Congrats to the F.  Need to put out an edit with no Jake or Andy. 

Would it be better if they replaced them with Hill & Dill? 
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #586 on: September 14, 2018, 05:11:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Do you know if that Baker stuff had anything to with the rumor that all of his crazy footage at the time got leaked in that Tactical video without his knowledge? I remember rumors that there were at least a few clips Beagle filmed and gave up without Nicks knowledge or permission? I just remember how heavy that part was and hearing that Nick wasn’t pleased about all of the footage he’d been stacking going to that video, I could be wrong, just stuff I remember hearing at the time.

And his WTF part was and still is really, really fucked up, that was easily one of the craziest video parts of that year

Edit: found the tactical 2 footage. Sw Heel Wilshire @0:31, video part starts @1:55. I had forgotten how gnarly and amazing this part is, I hadn’t seen it in a long time, he truly was/is one of the best out. Who knows what could have happened at the time had this footage been released under different circumstances in a more mainstream video, dude was definitely making waves in the industry

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/33662906" width="640" height="432" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I 100% forgot about that part, probably 100% because it was not in a more mainstream video. Fuck man, Merlino deserves better. That little fucker gets gnarly. Switch back 3's don't make sense.
p-shuvs and v-flips

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #587 on: September 14, 2018, 05:54:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I 100% forgot about that part, probably 100% because it was not in a more mainstream video. Fuck man, Merlino deserves better. That little fucker gets gnarly. Switch back 3's don't make sense.

I remember when this first came out, such a heavy part. Him and that Donovan song were such a perfect match. Its a better fit than when Stevie Perez used it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 05:57:36 PM by Monkey_Mcpott »

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #588 on: September 14, 2018, 09:26:38 PM »
Yeah that part kicks ass.
Merlino is such a good skateboarding-Rocky story. East coast Italian, who never won the big match, but stayed in the ring all 15 rounds.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEeGWIc80jk
Yung Weck appearance at :45.

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #589 on: September 14, 2018, 09:45:18 PM »
First thought on watching this was Nick looks sick. He's either sick or he's ...sick. Hope he's well.

Evan deserved MVP obviously but fuck that fucking cover. That Cover tells me that Thrasher is more into the Circus part of KOTR than the skateboarding part.

Cole probably deserved the Nygina award but but Tyson's trick was just a fuct, even if it's been done before.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #590 on: September 14, 2018, 10:56:22 PM »
Merlino is such a good skateboarding-Rocky story. East coast Italian, who never won the big match, but stayed in the ring all 15 rounds.

pretty sure rocky wins in every movie except the first one

soccer mom

• Rep: -17
« Reply #591 on: September 14, 2018, 11:39:10 PM »
Hope Foundation sells some boards, love the company and those dudes are sick!

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #592 on: September 14, 2018, 11:46:51 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

As Creed tells us, rocky lost 2 of 3 to apollo

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #593 on: September 15, 2018, 12:17:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Yeah, but Rocky single-handedly ended communism. At least to how I recollect history after watching Rocky IV.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #594 on: September 15, 2018, 02:13:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
Yeah, but Rocky single-handedly ended communism. At least to how I recollect history after watching Rocky IV.

Wait until Drago’s son returns in Creed 2.  Hopefully he doesn’t kill Rocky in this

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #595 on: September 15, 2018, 02:54:00 AM »
just watched the web episode and fucking hell that cover is bad compared to a lot of other kotr covers. cringeworthy.

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #596 on: September 15, 2018, 07:57:47 AM »
that final episode was such a let down
the webisode was even worse!
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #597 on: September 15, 2018, 03:35:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I remember when this first came out, such a heavy part. Him and that Donovan song were such a perfect match. Its a better fit than when Stevie Perez used it.

Crazy stuff. I had never heard this story, seen this part or even really knew he was flow from Baker.
When I read the talk of switch bs 360 I instantly thought yeah right. No way he could do that but in the Tactical part he does it down the red 14 stair. Nollie flip crooks Wilshire 10 rail is perfect too!
To think, if he hadn't of fucked things up with Baker he could be in a similar position to Figgy or someone similar, chilling with a shoe on Emerica. Instead he's on Foundation barely getting paid and probably doesn't have a shoe sponsor.

I've written off Foundation for a good while but they killed it on KOTR and were by far the most likable team. Will be paying much attention in the future

Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

conqueso

« Reply #598 on: September 15, 2018, 07:41:55 PM »
Of course he couldn't be on baker. His hammers are way heavier than one of their most notable riders who skates very similarly. They were probably salty.

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #599 on: September 16, 2018, 04:48:11 PM »
When all the Merlino baker shit went down didn’t skateboard mag publish an “I’m sorry/  give me one more chance” article?  Think it was like a one page thing, that was Swahili ago though. I’m sure nicks annoying, especially then, but isn’t that what makes a fun crew, different types of people.