Author Topic: LGBTQ Skateboarding CNN Article  (Read 26201 times)

AH1888 skateboards

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -24
Re: LGBTQ Skateboarding CNN Article
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2018, 08:36:44 PM »
Do people really believe that Alex Olson gives a damn about gay people? Bianca Chandon is 100% a mockery of the lgbt community its over priced garbage. Alex better scrap that father son skate jam with Bony Hawk because the people will raise hell if they see that racist homphobic piece of shit steve olson claim to skate for equality.

Level 40 Human Fedora

• Rep: -46
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2018, 08:39:29 PM »
There's no hate in Shark Tits' heart.

I don't give a fuck who's at the park, as long as they aren't blocking that low ledge that I only skate.

Hoeboi

• Rep: -362
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2018, 08:45:22 PM »
Do people really believe that Alex Olson gives a damn about gay people? Bianca Chandon is 100% a mockery of the lgbt community its over priced garbage. Alex better scrap that father son skate jam with Bony Hawk because the people will raise hell if they see that racist homphobic piece of shit steve olson claim to skate for equality.

i think he cares more about them then anyone else on this forum pretends to.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:47:07 PM by Jeff Groucho »

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2018, 08:50:07 PM »
This photo was taken in this thread

lol ok dude.  no one has any problem with LGBT+ people skating, and feeling comfortable and accepted doing it.  this is more about what seems like a group of people stepping into a culture, appropriating it, and then excluding and guilting members of that culture for some kind of perceived bias or bigotry. 

guess what:  skateboarding is hard to get into.  you don't get good overnight, you have to put in work.  you don't just pick up a skateboard, show up, and get accepted.  you earn respect by putting the time and effort in.  we all know this.  from the materials that this group has posted, it seems like some of these people decided skateboarding looked cool, bought a skateboard, and expected some kind of red carpet to be rolled out for them.  When it wasn't, the deduced that it must have been a result of bias, or toxic straight white cis masculinity.  I'm not buying it, sorry. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2018, 09:03:28 PM »
lol ok dude.  no one has any problem with LGBT+ people skating, and feeling comfortable and accepted doing it.  this is more about what seems like a group of people stepping into a culture, appropriating it, and then excluding and guilting members of that culture for some kind of perceived bias or bigotry. 

guess what:  skateboarding is hard to get into.  you don't get good overnight, you have to put in work.  you don't just pick up a skateboard, show up, and get accepted.  you earn respect by putting the time and effort in.  we all know this.  from the materials that this group has posted, it seems like some of these people decided skateboarding looked cool, bought a skateboard, and expected some kind of red carpet to be rolled out for them.  When it wasn't, the deduced that it must have been a result of bias, or toxic straight white cis masculinity.  I'm not buying it, sorry.

holy shit you make skateboarding sound horrible, like a high school football team or something. i must be doing something wrong.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2018, 09:06:28 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

lol ok dude.  no one has any problem with LGBT+ people skating, and feeling comfortable and accepted doing it. this is more about what seems like a group of people stepping into a culture, appropriating it, and then excluding and guilting members of that culture for some kind of perceived bias or bigotry. 

guess what:  skateboarding is hard to get into.  you don't get good overnight, you have to put in work.  you don't just pick up a skateboard, show up, and get accepted. you earn respect by putting the time and effort in.  we all know this.  from the materials that this group has posted, it seems like some of these people decided skateboarding looked cool, bought a skateboard, and expected some kind of red carpet to be rolled out for them.  When it wasn't, the deduced that it must have been a result of bias, or toxic straight white cis masculinity.  I'm not buying it, sorry.

Do you think it's a possibility that getting into skateboarding would be harder for a woman or someone who is LGBTQ?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2018, 09:18:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

lol ok dude.  no one has any problem with LGBT+ people skating, and feeling comfortable and accepted doing it. this is more about what seems like a group of people stepping into a culture, appropriating it, and then excluding and guilting members of that culture for some kind of perceived bias or bigotry. 

guess what:  skateboarding is hard to get into.  you don't get good overnight, you have to put in work.  you don't just pick up a skateboard, show up, and get accepted. you earn respect by putting the time and effort in.  we all know this.  from the materials that this group has posted, it seems like some of these people decided skateboarding looked cool, bought a skateboard, and expected some kind of red carpet to be rolled out for them.  When it wasn't, the deduced that it must have been a result of bias, or toxic straight white cis masculinity.  I'm not buying it, sorry.
[close]

Do you think it's a possibility that getting into skateboarding would be harder for a woman or someone who is LGBTQ?

nobody is saying it isn't.  what i'm saying is, that skateboarders are more accepting than they're getting credit for.  show up, try hard, don't be an asshole, and don't quit, and you'll be accepted.  being from a a marginialized group doesn't mean that people should automatically be nice to you.  maybe some people aren't being accepted because they are projecting their own insecurities. 

also, you can have a group that makes marginalized people feel more comfortable without shitting all over potential allies.  the bit on the instagram post about cis white males was meant as a jab to who they perceive as their oppressors.  that was completely unnecessary.

if they actually really cared about skating, maybe they could have gotten one of the countless lgbt+ people that can actually skate a little bit instead of a couple people who can barely stand on a skateboard and someone that thinks pushing a few feet wearing birkenstocks makes her a skater. 

the whole thing seems very disingenuous.  it feels less about skating and more about a social agenda

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2018, 09:21:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

holy shit you make skateboarding sound horrible, like a high school football team or something. i must be doing something wrong.

the first time i met the older skaters in my town they took one look at me and told me they would beat me to death if i touched their jump ramp.  a few years later they were my best friends.  don't act like getting into skating is all roses and daffodils.  some people are dicks, regardless of your own personal identity. 

casper

« Reply #98 on: July 01, 2018, 09:26:23 PM »
Skateparks suck

Hoeboi

« Reply #99 on: July 01, 2018, 09:37:46 PM »
 just because you can push and stand on a skateboard does not make you a skateboarder and certainly doesn't give you the right to commandeer a skatepark and tell straight male skateboarders that they're not welcome unless they go and adhere to a checklist of social duties laid forth by you. my dad can stand on a board and roll. is he a skateboarder? fuck no. these chicks are baffled why they got vibed at a park by real skateboards. I'm guessing its because your all hanging out on the flat bottom of the fucking bowl taking pictures for your instagram. they might as well be riding scooters. this is total appropriation of skateboarding. these girls belong in some backwood parking garage with gentle jones riding curbs.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 09:40:20 PM by Jeff Groucho »

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2018, 09:41:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

the first time i met the older skaters in my town they took one look at me and told me they would beat me to death if i touched their jump ramp.  a few years later they were my best friends.  don't act like getting into skating is all roses and daffodils.  some people are dicks, regardless of your own personal identity.
couldnt agree with this more. i started skating in 05 and i would get vibed hard, and im from a suburb of kansas city.
Older better dudes treated me like shit but one day i showed up to the park and front boarded our big rail and got claps and shit. one of the best days of my life.
sorry to butt in for no reason im 50oz of high grav deep and i dont giveva fuck

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2018, 09:45:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

nobody is saying it isn't.  what i'm saying is, that skateboarders are more accepting than they're getting credit for.  show up, try hard, don't be an asshole, and don't quit, and you'll be accepted.  being from a a marginialized group doesn't mean that people should automatically be nice to you.  maybe some people aren't being accepted because they are projecting their own insecurities. 

also, you can have a group that makes marginalized people feel more comfortable without shitting all over potential allies.  the bit on the instagram post about cis white males was meant as a jab to who they perceive as their oppressors.  that was completely unnecessary.

if they actually really cared about skating, maybe they could have gotten one of the countless lgbt+ people that can actually skate a little bit instead of a couple people who can barely stand on a skateboard and someone that thinks pushing a few feet wearing birkenstocks makes her a skater. 

the whole thing seems very disingenuous.  it feels less about skating and more about a social agenda

They are obviously beginners. Let's acknowledge the concept that being surrounded by your friends makes you a better skateboarder. So when a girl or LGBTQ person shows up to a park, they want to be surrounded by people that won't judge them or vibe them out so they make a group that supports who they are. And there is nothing wrong with that. Obviously, they are going to learn the ins and outs of the culture. But the reason they don't know any part of our culture is that they haven't been represented in any shape or form in the skate industry until very recently.
But that whole mentality of vibing out newcomers because you yourself were vibed out, is just as bad as the argument that if you faced ritualized hazing, then the next generation deserves it too. Which is what jocks and frat bro's do.

Chapingro

• Rep: 8
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2018, 09:49:05 PM »
Quit your crying snowflake.

Look at reality: most of these skate meet ups that are women/queer/trans focused happen during times of days when parks aren't that crowded, from my experience. If you can even name a time when you've been "marginalized" at a skatepark by some non cis-het-males then I guarantee that's the exception and not the rule.

Anyone who wants to learn how to skate should be able to feel comfortable at a skate park. I agree with one of the posters earlier, as a cis-het-non-white-male-bro even I felt uncomfortable at skateparks as a kid because of weird vibes people put out. If I was a woman or gay or trans then I'm pretty sure there's a high chance I'd feel even more vibes.

Even beginners should be able to feel good and have fun at the park. Should everyone, including newbs and queer/trans/women, learn the basics of park rules? Yep. And most of the Skate Like A Girl/Unity type groups that I've interacted with teach those as basics.

Anyone whining and crying like a little baby about this should go find a safe space to cry in, or just suck it up and realize that there's always room to learn more about something that you'er passionate about. In this case, it's OK to admit that you didn't realize that skating felt exclusive and required all these groups forming to make it more inclusive.

::::

On a separate note, I do think that the caption for that IG post advertising the skate meet up is wack. Still, I recognize it's being hyperbolic *and* it even invites people to come in the last part of the last sentence. So, am I bent out of shape about it? No. Would I write it in that way? Yes. But it's nothing to whine and cry about. Re-phrase it if you're all bent out of shape and post your alternative phrasing rather than be a little snowflake about it.

just because you can push and stand on a skateboard does not make you a skateboarder and certainly doesn't give you the right to commandeer a skatepark and tell straight male skateboarders that they're not welcome unless they go and adhere to a checklist of social duties laid forth by you. my dad can stand on a board and roll. is he a skateboarder? fuck no. these chicks are baffled why they got vibed at a park by real skateboards. I'm guessing its because your all hanging out on the flat bottom of the fucking bowl taking pictures for your instagram. they might as well be riding scooters. this is total appropriation of skateboarding. these girls belong in some backwood parking garage with gentle jones riding curbs.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2018, 09:51:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
couldnt agree with this more. i started skating in 05 and i would get vibed hard, and im from a suburb of kansas city.
Older better dudes treated me like shit but one day i showed up to the park and front boarded our big rail and got claps and shit. one of the best days of my life.
sorry to butt in for no reason im 50oz of high grav deep and i dont giveva fuck

weird. i started skating in the mid 90s and went to big bad scary love park and fdr and never dealt with shit like that. the only place i remembered being vibed was in shitty delaware suburbs by cool guys at the local shop. in hindsight they were the biggest losers.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2018, 09:51:57 PM »

thank god your kind is losing and there is nothing you can do about it.

Mongoloid

« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2018, 09:57:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

They are obviously beginners. Let's acknowledge the concept that being surrounded by your friends makes you a better skateboarder. So when a girl or LGBTQ person shows up to a park, they want to be surrounded by people that won't judge them or vibe them out so they make a group that supports who they are. And there is nothing wrong with that. Obviously, they are going to learn the ins and outs of the culture. But the reason they don't know any part of our culture is that they haven't been represented in any shape or form in the skate industry until very recently.
But that whole mentality of vibing out newcomers because you yourself were vibed out, is just as bad as the argument that if you faced ritualized hazing, then the next generation deserves it too. Which is what jocks and frat bro's do.

Blader in your sig is getting physically vibed out.

On a good day I’m physically competent, and have had the credentials of being a huge skate rat for a number of years. If marginalized individuals think it’s any better for the majority as far as vibeyness at skate parks, and in skating in general they’re sorely mistaken. I’m old (like many here), and I generally have to make the efforts to include myself to lessen any of the general weirdness.

Hoeboi

« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2018, 09:58:28 PM »
Quit your crying snowflake.

Look at reality: most of these skate meet ups that are women/queer/trans focused happen during times of days when parks aren't that crowded, from my experience. If you can even name a time when you've been "marginalized" at a skatepark by some non cis-het-males then I guarantee that's the exception and not the rule.

Anyone who wants to learn how to skate should be able to feel comfortable at a skate park. I agree with one of the posters earlier, as a cis-het-non-white-male-bro even I felt uncomfortable at skateparks as a kid because of weird vibes people put out. If I was a woman or gay or trans then I'm pretty sure there's a high chance I'd feel even more vibes.

Even beginners should be able to feel good and have fun at the park. Should everyone, including newbs and queer/trans/women, learn the basics of park rules? Yep. And most of the Skate Like A Girl/Unity type groups that I've interacted with teach those as basics.

Anyone whining and crying like a little baby about this should go find a safe space to cry in, or just suck it up and realize that there's always room to learn more about something that you'er passionate about. In this case, it's OK to admit that you didn't realize that skating felt exclusive and required all these groups forming to make it more inclusive.

::::

On a separate note, I do think that the caption for that IG post advertising the skate meet up is wack. Still, I recognize it's being hyperbolic *and* it even invites people to come in the last part of the last sentence. So, am I bent out of shape about it? No. Would I write it in that way? Yes. But it's nothing to whine and cry about. Re-phrase it if you're all bent out of shape and post your alternative phrasing rather than be a little snowflake about it.

Expand Quote
[close]

this meet up is literally in the middle of the day. anyone who wants to skate a public skatepark should be able to without guidlelines set forth on them by a bunch of posers (and ya simple guidlines like don't linger in the bottom of the bowl are valid). and these chicks are literally whining that they didn't get the red carpet treatment by the skate community therefore they're attempting to turn a public skatepark into their own safe space just for them. you dumb

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2018, 10:00:51 PM »
Do people really believe that Alex Olson gives a damn about gay people? Bianca Chandon is 100% a mockery of the lgbt community its over priced garbage.

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Hoeboi

« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2018, 10:05:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

nope. i would love nothing more for these chicks to skate where ever they please and continue to do so and have fun. but if they stand by the caption in that IG post then they would have preferred that I not be there skating the park with them that day. fuck that i won't let them oppress me. ill skate wherever and whenever i damn please and i don't need to put up a cock up my ass to do so.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2018, 12:42:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This is why BA's coming put was so important to skateboarding and the culture in general. How much does the industry need to circlejerk itself about the legacy of Jay Adams, Danny Way, and Jeremy Klein?
As someone who is part of the LGBTQ community, it becomes really daunting to be involved with skateboarding when those known homophobes are lauded throughout skate culture as beyond criticism because of their skill level and industry status.

It's no surprise when these LGBTQ skate groups like this are popping up exponentially because skateboarding has undoubtedly marginalized women and queers until very recently. Granted, the whole "pay black women for their time" gripe is a little misguided, but at least they are not beating straight people to death for walking down the street holding their partner's hand.

Skateboarding needs more of this in our small community, not more pseudo jock bro's who vibe out people at their local park.
[close]

Skateboarding needs less of this, and more women/LGBTQ skaters that don't define their reality through the lens of gender and race.
[close]

Ah, the ol "be whoever you want to be, but don't you dare show any outward affinity to your inherent individual markup" argument. Just as stupid as saying you are okay with gay people, but don't you dare show any indication that you are gay.
[close]

You're an idiot.
[close]

How to win an argument when you don't have a legitimate response: call them names. You sure showed me!
[close]

After your boneheaded response you really think you deserved a well thought out reply?

I said: we need "more women/LGBTQ skaters that don't define their reality through the lens of gender and race."

You take that as: "be whoever you want to be, but don't you dare show any outward affinity to your inherent individual markup"

So I'll repeat the result of my analysis: You're an idiot.
[close]

Do tell, how does a woman or LGBTQ skater "define" their reality without acknowledging they are a woman or LGBTQ?
[close]

You seem hung up on outward appearances and "affinity". I was talking about someones individual perspective, not what groups you like on social media, or what logo/wristbands you like to decorate yourself with.
[close]

Do you honestly believe that someones individual perspective isn't at least somewhat defined by their gender or sexuality?
[close]
Only if they make it so. I've gotta side with shripshrapper on this. I have no objection to any group wishing to host their own skate events but the type of gender/sexuality politics you are arguing for do not align with inclusivity. You are presenting yourself as an idiot.
[close]

My argument is that if people want to define themselves by their identity, they should be more than welcome to. And if someone doesn't want to identify themselves by their sexuality/gender then more power to them. I never said that straight, cis people shouldn't be allowed to attend these events. That goes against everything I believe in.

But to say that queer people or women haven't faced scrutiny because of their outward identity is flat-out bullshit. You need to talk to these people and hear about their experiences. The same way I talk to my conservative friends and they tell me about their experiences. Empathizing with people is so lost on people nowadays.
[close]
That's not what I said. Also you asked about "individual perspective", that's defined by them, the individual. You know in the Female SOTY thread where someone posted Bill Burr being asked about female comedians and he responded along the lines of "why are you waiting for outside validation? Why don't you make your own shit?" Well this rings true to me. If you think you are not being given your dues in this community but expect to be treated differently why not do your own shit? Create your own "industry"? Sharktits has a point about Gershon, Stevie and Kareem.
[close]
My guy, they are making their own shit. The exact topic we are discussing is about LGBTQ making their own shit. It's the same thing with gay bars. Gay people were being bashed and discriminated upon when they went to straight bars so they built their own to feel safe and welcomed. Now when these LGBTQ people are creating their own companies and scenes, they get the same tired SJW victimhood talking points lauded against them.

If they felt welcome in the traditional skateboarding community, then there wouldn't necessitate a need for these queer groups. I hope my points are coming across clearly, I want to understand and empathize with where you are coming from but all I have gotten is me being called an idiot. That's slap I guess though.
[close]
Nope. What is your point?
[close]

Read my original post. These LGBTQ skate groups have exactly 0 effect on your day to day skating. They are for people that need them. Is that really so awful?
[close]
I didn't claim they had any effect on my day to day skating. You were applying politics to it, not me. I'm all for their groups.
[close]

Sure doesn't seem like it. You haven't said a single positive thing about them and just went off defending shripshrapper like he hasn't been chirping the same tired Ben Shapiro "identity politcs is cancer" talking points over and over across multiple threads. But it's cool, you do you bro. 
Oh, so it's external validation you'd like from me. Have I said anything negative either? My initial interaction with you came from you asking about "individual perspective" relating to gender and sexuality. You are the one using politics (affairs of the city) and I was more focused on the individual , but it's cool, you do you bro.

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2018, 12:52:37 AM »
Blader in your sig is getting physically vibed out.

The blader kid that Eric J. shoves is probably 11 years old. Very much the jock/frat boy described, just on heroin.

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2018, 04:55:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

nope. i would love nothing more for these chicks to skate where ever they please and continue to do so and have fun. but if they stand by the caption in that IG post then they would have preferred that I not be there skating the park with them that day. fuck that i won't let them oppress me. ill skate wherever and whenever i damn please and i don't need to put up a cock up my ass to do so.

Hell yeah, you and your cockless ass gleam the cube!

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2554
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2018, 05:47:53 AM »
i won't let them oppress me

L-O-L
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

butterballs for jerry

• Rep: -56
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2018, 06:46:01 AM »
One of my gripes with any beginner is when they are actually learning how to ride a board on flatground at a skatepark. Learn on a street or something, learn how to negotiate traffic, it's a valuable skill. Don't clog up the park. If you're ready to go down a bank then it's game on.
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2018, 08:37:21 AM »
cant ride a skateboard? ride it in traffic!

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3326
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2018, 08:56:37 AM »
These groups are fun because I can go and be horrible and nobody cares that I suck. Gives me some sort of ego boost. Plus, the kids are really sweet, helping each other learn to drop in or ollie. It's fucking endearing.

I love watching people get a thrill out of rolling off a curb...so much more exciting than watching some bro squeal and throw his board because he can't land a nollie flip down a six set or something.

Also *Simpsons gif where the old man comes in and hangs his hat, then turns around, grabs his hat and leaves*

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3326
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2018, 08:57:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"YOU'RE NOT A SKATEBOARDER UNTIL YOU CAN TRE FLIP, BOY!...er, GIRL!"

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2018, 09:00:41 AM »
One of my gripes with any beginner is when they are actually learning how to ride a board on flatground at a skatepark. Learn on a street or something, learn how to negotiate traffic, it's a valuable skill. Don't clog up the park. If you're ready to go down a bank then it's game on.

or even if you're good, playing SKATE..... if you're just gonna skate flat, go to a parking lot.
Anyways this is just the same thread as the Marie Dabbadie one and I have zero interest in repeating the same argument.
But I'd really like to hear BA or Elissa Steamer's take on this? They're from my generation so I wonder how they feel..... Elissa is gay right?

oh and I still don't get what the difference is between being "non binary gender-queer" and simply gay/lesbian/bisexual as our old asses used to say, before the internet and skateboarding becoming a hot trendy instagram hashtag.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2018, 09:09:34 AM »
These groups are fun because I can go and be horrible and nobody cares that I suck. Gives me some sort of ego boost. Plus, the kids are really sweet, helping each other learn to drop in or ollie. It's fucking endearing.

I love watching people get a thrill out of rolling off a curb...so much more exciting than watching some bro squeal and throw his board because he can't land a nollie flip down a six set or something.

Also *Simpsons gif where the old man comes in and hangs his hat, then turns around, grabs his hat and leaves*
And from what I can tell that's the point of these groups and events, to relax that pressure and the level of intimidation. I too am more stoked on someone's first Ollie over a single board than brohiem getting buck for the celebratory high fives, especially in a skatepark.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 09:14:56 AM by SodaJerk »

Hoeboi

« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2018, 09:15:38 AM »

if i was forced to bail a nollie flip because a rogue birkenstock sandal that fell off one of these hoes feet got in my way i would be doing a lot more than just squealing like a stuck pig. bunch a posers i tell you.