Author Topic: Does anyone on here use a Juul? I can barely skate from smoking  (Read 2151 times)

delaware county

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 24
    • www.kineticskateboarding.com avatar image
I think I've smoked for almost 15 years and I skate with a friend who said he feels better since he switched, I don't know if I can buy into this vape craze. I want to quit smoking but knowing myself I'll definitely need another vice. Can you even skate with one of those things in your pocket? I have too many questions. sorry to kook out and ask about vapes but I'm trying to skate like normal for once.

Sad Hippo

Re: Does anyone on here use a Juul? I can barely skate from smoking
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 11:55:22 PM »
I smoked for about 15 years and quit 5 years ago.  I wanted to quit, tried the gum, cutting back, cold turkey.  What worked for me was Nicorette lozenges.  You throw one in your lip kind of like you're dipping and it sits there tingling for a good 15 minutes. I'd recommend it.  It goes in steps too so it weens you gradually off of nicotine.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 10:34:35 AM »
I snus. Great nicotine fix, no spitting like chew, can have it in all day and you don't have to go outside to get your fix. Empirical evidence that it is less impactful on your health and zero connection to cancer if any kind.
https://www.swedishmatch.com/Snus-and-health/The-Swedish-experience/

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 01:08:52 PM »
i started to use snus probably at the age of 14, then switched to smoking for a few years and switched back to snus. now i'm 29 and i'm trying to quit for the gazillion'th time, because it is harmful, just a lot less researched than smoking because if it was pretty much limited to sweden only up until ~10 years ago.

i'm going to try those lozengens or maybe their patches, the gum doesn't do it for me and i kinda hate gum.

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 01:35:41 PM »
I like the Juul. I haven't smoked since I bought one, but I go through a pod a day now. I named it Raul Juulia. $10 pod packs at QT right now.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 01:50:40 PM »
Try it, almost worked for me but you really gotta want it. You can refill those pods too with your own juice.

kentrock

• Rep: -199
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 01:09:18 PM »
mango and creme brûlée are absolutely yummy.  cool cucumber is too when your hot and sweaty out
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 01:11:02 PM by kentrock »

calvinsdream

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 02:56:33 PM »
I think I've smoked for almost 15 years and I skate with a friend who said he feels better since he switched, I don't know if I can buy into this vape craze. I want to quit smoking but knowing myself I'll definitely need another vice. Can you even skate with one of those things in your pocket? I have too many questions. sorry to kook out and ask about vapes but I'm trying to skate like normal for once.

I switched to one after my smoking ramped up after a breakup and the death of a pet - I wanted to keep the nicotine but 15 years smoking isn't really keeping me too healthy so I bought a juul on a whim.

I like it a lot, the virginia tobacco is about the closest to a cigarette hit. They're really portable and durable, and the pods are definitely refillable for wayyy cheaper than what you can buy them for.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 02:58:36 PM »
The hardest part of quitting for me was breaking the psychological hold. 

I would just buy the cheapest shittiest cigs I could find and then after a month of them making me feel like shit I just didn't want cigarettes anymore.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

calvinsdream

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 08:32:39 PM »
The hardest part of quitting for me was breaking the psychological hold. 

I would just buy the cheapest shittiest cigs I could find and then after a month of them making me feel like shit I just didn't want cigarettes anymore.

Yooo. I did that once by buying Marlboro ultralights.

AllShitty

• Rep: 0
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 01:35:19 PM »

Go to a smoke shop and pick up some kind of cheap vape device and just buy a salt nicotine liquid.  The Juul will cost you so much freaking money it's insane, you can get a better hit from just buying a generic vape pen that you can refill when needed.  The pen I got was like 15 bucks, the liquid about 13 bucks.  Last nearly a month of smoking it quite often.  25 bucks a month vs. what I was spending on the juul which was around 200 bucks a month. 

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2018, 04:26:13 PM »
I don't think I'm gonna quit unless I move from this state. I spend 2 dollars a week and smoke bout 20 cigs a day.  Its awesome but fucked up.