Author Topic: Long term effects on vision from LSD use  (Read 9810 times)

butterballs for jerry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -56
Long term effects on vision from LSD use
« on: July 06, 2018, 12:54:48 PM »
So I had my Lsd phase back in my early twenties trying to find all the answers. Years later now when I'm not focused on something spacially nearby, when I'm looking at the sky, or when I'm just not looking at anything in particular, my whole field of vision is covered with these kind of electric waves, the floaters in my eye are more pronounced and numerous than before and there's an occasional flash of light from nowhere. And like once a month I get visual snow for a minute or two. I'm pretty used to it now it's just annoying sometimes and it's hard to describe to people.

Anybody else have this shit going on? Any neurologists slappers around?
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
Re: Long term effects on vision from LSD use
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 12:59:08 PM »
Any Euro neurologist confirm?

shark tits

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 01:00:10 PM »
nah, that's rough! i do remember when i went to juvie the first time i would stare at the ceiling and i could kind of get it to move [i'd only done acid once but it was fresh and a profound experience] and trigger weak visuals if i tried.
i'd forgotten about that, i sorta thought the flashbacks was propaganda, idk anyone who's had them.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 01:27:47 PM »
Never done psychedelics but I have the same. The older I get more easier is it to trigger these worms or vibrations. Might be to just drink more water and sleep better too.. Kind fun to mess around with it too. Everything we see is an illusion to some degree and we can interpret it how we like it..

Just my two cents..

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 01:59:46 PM »
So I had my Lsd phase back in my early twenties trying to find all the answers. Years later now when I'm not focused on something spacially nearby, when I'm looking at the sky, or when I'm just not looking at anything in particular, my whole field of vision is covered with these kind of electric waves, the floaters in my eye are more pronounced and numerous than before and there's an occasional flash of light from nowhere. And like once a month I get visual snow for a minute or two. I'm pretty used to it now it's just annoying sometimes and it's hard to describe to people.

Anybody else have this shit going on? Any neurologists slappers around?

Pretty sure that’s just the transmitter syncing up with your prefrontal cortex.  It usually lasts 3 to 4 weeks after alien abduction then settles down.  Nothing to worry about.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 02:03:21 PM »
My vision will never be the same as it was before a pretty heavy 8 year period of use of psychedelic drugs, it's not bad though and to be expected.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 02:33:56 PM »
That’s just your third eye. Drink more water, think only of yourself, consume more, it’ll go away

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 04:43:51 PM »
I had that from like 16 to 20, stop any other drug use, if you smoke a lot of weed stop that too, weed prolonged my shit like hell, but it went away after I chilled out on drugs for a bit. Now I can do whatever and it never gets like that. Gotta let your brain try and reach homeostasis. But yeah, weed, chilling out on that should help alot.

This is just a suggestion, but maybe try like 10mg of dmt or less, you wont get visuals so it shouldn't worsen it, just a body high, but it cleans me out, especially cleans out and resets my optic connection to the brain. Makes my vision feel very clear.

butterballs for jerry

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 06:07:32 PM »
If I ever encounter dmt I'll try that out, thanks

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 08:01:26 PM »
If I ever encounter dmt I'll try that out, thanks
You can cook it up in your kitchen. It's easy.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 10:47:32 PM »
is this tracer? are you sending us a coded message? thanks for any information.

butterballs for jerry

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 12:59:46 PM »
is this tracer? are you sending us a coded message? thanks for any information.

Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder (HPPD) . 90% sure that's what I have. Rad...

And nah I wish I was tracer. Well, maybe not. Who knows how he sees the world

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 10:09:29 PM »
Floaters get worse as you age. Unless they're really affecting your vision, it's nothing to worry about.

What do you mean about visual snow? Is it like part of your visual field is replaced by some old static off a CRT monitor? Because that may be an ocular migraine.

Also flashing lights? That's concerning. Are any of these symptoms accompanied by reduced peripheral vision, a blind spot in the centre of your visual field, pain, photosensitivity, or werewolfism?

artskool

• Rep: 30
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2018, 08:12:30 AM »
Quit computers for a month and see what happens. Monitors fry your eyeballs, especially as you get older and your eyes have to strain more and more to focus. I used to be a game developer and at the computer for 70 hours a week and developed serious eye strain. Couldn't drive at night for a while. That was before people were even glued to their phones all the time, which is probably even worse.

butterballs for jerry

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2018, 09:01:41 AM »
Floaters get worse as you age. Unless they're really affecting your vision, it's nothing to worry about.

What do you mean about visual snow? Is it like part of your visual field is replaced by some old static off a CRT monitor? Because that may be an ocular migraine.

Also flashing lights? That's concerning. Are any of these symptoms accompanied by reduced peripheral vision, a blind spot in the centre of your visual field, pain, photosensitivity, or werewolfism?

visual snow is like little dots of bright light that fall from top to bottom with little to no trailing. And none of those side effects accompany the flashing. I do occasionally wake up naked in a field covered in blood but I thought that's just what happens when you drunk tequila?

The floaters can be very distracting in natural light

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2018, 01:48:30 PM »
   Quit farting around and get into that 2nd lsd phase already.  Lsd is good for vision.  Drugs may alter 'the way you see the world' but more to the point drugs alter the world itself. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

butterballs for jerry

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2018, 04:50:57 PM »
   Quit farting around and get into that 2nd lsd phase already.  Lsd is good for vision.  Drugs may alter 'the way you see the world' but more to the point drugs alter the world itself.

Pretty sure I got all I could from LSD binges, got to the point where when it kicked in it was just "oh here I am again". I'll do shrooms every year or two but fuck the four hour post tripping tedium after Lsd.  K pins are fine every once in awhile though

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2018, 03:41:44 AM »
ocular migranes are fuckin wack

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 09:15:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

visual snow is like little dots of bright light that fall from top to bottom with little to no trailing. And none of those side effects accompany the flashing. I do occasionally wake up naked in a field covered in blood but I thought that's just what happens when you drunk tequila?

Tequila induced lycanthropy is totally normal. I'm obviously not certain, but it does sound kind of like you're experiencing ocular migraines. If it's a vascular/blood pressure issue, they have medications that can help with that. Although I believe it's 100% placebo effect, I found taking a magnesium supplement correlated with a reduction in the frequency of migraines.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2018, 09:03:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Tequila induced lycanthropy is totally normal. I'm obviously not certain, but it does sound kind of like you're experiencing ocular migraines. If it's a vascular/blood pressure issue, they have medications that can help with that. Although I believe it's 100% placebo effect, I found taking a magnesium supplement correlated with a reduction in the frequency of migraines.

Not a doctor or anything but I went to the optometrist a month ago and I know that you can get tested for the static and swimmers as it may be signs of something worse.

Also, since this is the LSD/Psychedelic thread, I would like to know what post trip is like (as in recovery time) I have friends offer and I have never felt ready until recently but I wanted to know if there's a hangover or something like it afterwards.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

sododgy

• Rep: 8
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2018, 10:43:14 PM »
Calcified ya pineal gland brah.

The likelihood of having HPPD is infinitesimally low. You're getting older and your vision is slipping. Go to an optometrist.

butterballs for jerry

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2018, 06:27:34 AM »
Calcified ya pineal gland brah.

The likelihood of having HPPD is infinitesimally low. You're getting older and your vision is slipping. Go to an optometrist.

Yeah probably, I do need to see a doctor for sure. I was just trying to compare notes with other retired space cadets and see what's up.

Once the tripping part of lsd is over it's like four hours of pseudo tripping, your brain feels fried and you just want to sleep but can't. No hangover though. Mushrooms go for six to eight hours then just completely stop all of a sudden. No hangover either. Highly recommend both, space out the trips though, at least two weeks in between if you really feel the need to trip all the time.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2018, 04:50:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pretty sure I got all I could from LSD binges, got to the point where when it kicked in it was just "oh here I am again". I'll do shrooms every year or two but fuck the four hour post tripping tedium after Lsd.  K pins are fine every once in awhile though
   Mushrooms are so much like acid to me.  I get the yawns from mushrooms too bad tho personally.  The only reason I do acid is cause its fun surfing on it.  Other than that I agree with you, after a while it just gets old. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2018, 04:55:37 PM »
take a benzo at the end of acid trip. smooth sailing to sleepytime.

sododgy

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2018, 07:39:31 PM »
Lol, how heavy are y'all dosing? I get what you're saying for lower doses I guess, but munching on a strip+ never leaves me feeling "aw shucks I'm here again"

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2018, 10:40:28 PM »
Its more of a number of trips thing, and once you "get" everything theres just nothing more to gain from it except cool visuals. I can't even take high doses anymore cause it straight up feels like pointless abuse.

You can only be everything and nothing so many times before it becomes boring and a just a extra hassle.

But if you burn yourself out on psychs theres still fun and insights to be had with dissociatives, it can get pretty weird though.

sododgy

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2018, 11:22:40 PM »
Its more of a number of trips thing, and once you "get" everything theres just nothing more to gain from it except cool visuals. I can't even take high doses anymore cause it straight up feels like pointless abuse.

You can only be everything and nothing so many times before it becomes boring and a just a extra hassle.

But if you burn yourself out on psychs theres still fun and insights to be had with dissociatives, it can get pretty weird though.

Eh, that's a matter of subjective opinion. If you're looking for "answers" I could get that mentality I suppose. To me it's like trying to say that fucking loses its appeal. Countless trips later and I still love each one, and look forward to the next.

Dissos are great too though, no question. That said, at least with ketamine in particular, there is a very real tolerance barrier that arises and will lock you out unless you're willing to IM/IV.

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2018, 11:52:26 PM »
The same headspace over and over is like fucking the same chick, you gotta move on to another chick for excitement, then when you get tired off fucking all the chicks you gotta move on to fucking trannys or some shit. I'd say fucking is general drug use, never gets old, but fucking the same thing gets old. Ive fucked em all, its cool, but its just not that fun anymore. I guarantee it will happen to anyone if they go hard enough.

butterballs for jerry

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2018, 07:00:28 AM »

It's totally just a hassle now. There was something George Carlin said about weed, where it changes your perspective and then, at least for some people, loses any usefulness. I've gotten everything I could from weed, now I don't smoke so I can have the capacity to communicate with, help, and love the people around me in a meaningful way. On weed I forget what I've learned while high and get distracted when people are talking.

Psychedelics have helped me to understand and accept my place in the universe, but now it's just repetitive. Like going through high school all over again. Over and over. I can use my time in better ways.

sododgy

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2018, 09:05:11 AM »
The same headspace over and over is like fucking the same chick, you gotta move on to another chick for excitement, then when you get tired off fucking all the chicks you gotta move on to fucking trannys or some shit. I'd say fucking is general drug use, never gets old, but fucking the same thing gets old. Ive fucked em all, its cool, but its just not that fun anymore. I guarantee it will happen to anyone if they go hard enough.

Once again, totally subjective. I've been eating psychs regularly for 20 years. You and others may see it as a chore, but myself and many of the people I associate with still look forward to every dose.