Author Topic: Skate lending library  (Read 812 times)

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
Skate lending library
« on: July 06, 2018, 01:41:08 PM »
So I have been collecting crap boards from various sources and the model and idea for this is simply this you have old gear you don't want leave it with me I will redistribute it on another deck as it is a reciprocal policy,  I have hit up skate shops that are down for the cause also from pawn shops, swap meets, thrift stores, craigslist ads, Letgo, and Offer up, I have been doing this all over the country when I have had a house or a permanent place for more then a year. My local shop the guys kinda a dick and I try not to burn that bridge from asking for donations. What I am asking you guys the Slap community what would be a way to ask some companies for old trashed decks or parts as I have tools to reshape and fix some of them up. I use to fund this with my wife but times are tough and frankly the area's I have been doing impromptu events have been at nice neighborhoods skate parks which I don't mind but I would rather hook some kid up and the idea spread of like a community bike co-op but with boards.
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
Re: Skate lending library
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 04:53:13 PM »
So I have been collecting crap boards from various sources and the model and idea for this is simply this you have old gear you don't want leave it with me I will redistribute it on another deck as it is a reciprocal policy,  I have hit up skate shops that are down for the cause also from pawn shops, swap meets, thrift stores, craigslist ads, Letgo, and Offer up, I have been doing this all over the country when I have had a house or a permanent place for more then a year. My local shop the guys kinda a dick and I try not to burn that bridge from asking for donations. What I am asking you guys the Slap community what would be a way to ask some companies for old trashed decks or parts as I have tools to reshape and fix some of them up. I use to fund this with my wife but times are tough and frankly the area's I have been doing impromptu events have been at nice neighborhoods skate parks which I don't mind but I would rather hook some kid up and the idea spread of like a community bike co-op but with boards.
fuck you. Either get good enough to get sponsored or buy your shit, we aint falling for that one you fucking mooch.

Go start a go fund me then print it out and shoveit up your dickhole
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 06:59:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
fuck you. Either get good enough to get sponsored or buy your shit, we aint falling for that one you fucking mooch.

WOW dude lose the tude dude, if you don’t like it suck a dick kook, you’re part of the problem fuckstick, what have you done for your community? Probably nothing so stfu and get back on your scooter kook!

shark tits

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 07:13:19 PM »
my pal  wants to do somethign like this. idk if it'll be an actual storefront or a van or floating location btu a few X a wk, be open, kick down 2nd hand goods or maybe w/ donations, occasional new stuff [help the local shop stay afloat that way too].
i like the idea of letting kids clean up or in some other way perform work trade in echange for skate stuff. instill work ethic vs a parasitic attitude.

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 05:20:41 AM »
my pal  wants to do somethign like this. idk if it'll be an actual storefront or a van or floating location btu a few X a wk, be open, kick down 2nd hand goods or maybe w/ donations, occasional new stuff [help the local shop stay afloat that way too].
i like the idea of letting kids clean up or in some other way perform work trade in echange for skate stuff. instill work ethic vs a parasitic attitude.
I agree and wish I had the patience for dealing with jerkass kids, but much to my displeasure I do want to model it after Koston's do a kickflip or you see a group of young thugs talking shit. Which one of you can skate? Believe me I would gladly have worthy challenge of building something i.e. a manual pad with angle irons. kids do deserve a work ethic and yes I would teach it to some spoiled kids whom need it but young badass kids also need an escape and the fact they have to deal with whatever in lower income areas I'm not the one to teach them work ethic as they probably get enough shit from their families and bullies, plus it comes off as patronizing an older white dude trying to tell young buck you need to do this that and the other.....

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 04:55:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

WOW dude lose the tude dude, if you don’t like it suck a dick kook, you’re part of the problem fuckstick, what have you done for your community? Probably nothing so stfu and get back on your scooter kook!
i donated shit tht ended up being  the street section at our skatepark  so fuck of, and buy your boards. We aint falling for that one
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>